HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Here Be Dragons

Discussion in 'Horizon' started by Sora Takenouchi, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    July 4th, Year 6
    @Draco

"Biyomon, would you mind..." Sora called, glancing up at the fruit trees a short distance from the border of the desert town she may not be able to earn money but she was trying to earn food by pulling her own weight by running errands for the community, something her partner was helping with.

"No" the Digimon chirped, jetting up to the treetops to start picking at the fruit, her partner watching the pink bird do so.

Gently picking up one of the dates between a finger and thumb, Sora checked it for firmness before popping it into her mouth. Chewing it carefully, the girl lifted her hand to spit the seed into her palm then dropped it onto the sand. These were good and she had been hungry, taking another - she pried it apart to take the seed in the middle out before giving it to her partner.

The taste test over, it was time to start filling the baskets they had brought along so Biyomon could ferry them back to the town and get them added to the food supply. Waiting for her partner to return from one such trip, Sora relaxed under the shade of the trees and leant back - pulling her hat down a little for better protection from the sun, she dozed off a little.

2. Draco

Draco Dragonheart

Race:
    Dragon
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Though it was not the habitat that he was most used to Draco had to admit that having a desert so close to everything else had its advantages. Namely it was warm[ there, and even with so little time in this world he'd already found himself gravitating towards the border where scrubland gave way to sand. He'd never quite realized what he was missing before, tucked away in the northern lands where Einon ruled - and where his ancestors had ruled before him.

His wings beat lazily in the air as he soared across the sky. He had no particular destination in mind - indeed, it was rather hard to have a destination when you had no idea where you were to begin with. All he'd done since arriving here was travel around in circles, really, although in vague rectangles might be more accurate based on the mental map he'd compiled. He no longer had much purpose to his flights, save perhaps to ensure that he wouldn't be found by any glory-seeking humans, but he told himself that the more complete his picture of the landscape was the better off he'd be.

Take, for example, the small town tucked away in the center of the desert, built around what must have been some kind of oasis. Draco didn't linger over it, and saw no frantic activity that would suggest he'd been spotted. This close to water there might be animals as well, and he licked his lips at the thought of snagging a snack, starting a steep spiral of a descent to land amid some sort of fruit trees. No animals in sight, unfortunately, though when he took a few deep breaths to try and ascertain if any were nearby, he instead caught the scent of a human.

Too late to hide, obviously, though even mimicking stone would look out of place here. So instead he drew himself up with a regal sort of air, wings pulled in to prevent to sleekest outline as he turned his head in the direction the smell seemed to be emanating from. "Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you."

3. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She had barely closed her eyes when she heard what sounded like wings beating and they were approaching her location. Was Biyomon back already and she sat up, pulling her hat into its normal position and glanced around. The girl was on her feet in an instant on seeing the newcomer - being in the Digital World then ending up here had made her less likely to freak out at the sight of a western dragon.

And speaking creatures weren't new to her anymore either. Taking a step closer to the dragon, she nodded at his comment and gave him a small smile "Glad to hear it. What's your name?"

Part of her reasoning was her curiosity about how he introduced himself - was she dealing with a Digimon who looked like a dragon as they seemed to get pulled here too just like Biyomon or a regular dragon. Either way, he seemed friendly enough for now and if things did turn nasty, hopefully her partner would return soon.

4. Draco

Draco Dragonheart

Race:
    Dragon
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

She…wasn't afraid of him. It was such an unusual circumstance that Draco was quite taken aback by it, reduced to blinking at her in obvious confusion when the expecting shrieking, shaking, and/or stuttering failed to occur. He'd already been prepared with a bit of a soothing speech and everything! Now he was feeling a little put-out that she wasn't afraid, as ridiculous as that was, and he gave his head a bit of a shake to clear it.

"I am Draco. And you are?" The question, the politeness was habitual, and even as he said the words he was sizing her up, curious but also wary. She didn't look like much - another child wandering about this realm on their own - but he was starting to realize that things in this place were not always what they seemed. "You seem remarkably calm for a human. Have you met dragons before?"

5. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She took the chance that the brief silence offered to study the creature as he seemed confused, at least the voice sounded male. A good few weeks of meeting various Digimon during her time in the Digital World and Tokyo then being trapped here had kind of helped her get used to situations like this.

"I'm Sora" the girl replied, adjusting her hat a little out of habit. Thankfully he seemed more curious than hostile and she continued as this Draco asked a second question "And no, you're the first dragon I've met but I'm used to other creatures."

Her gaze swung past him as a large orange bird could be seen approaching them and Sora stepped forward to start waving - her movement intended to prove her partner didn't need to come in on the attack "Hey Birdramon"

6. Draco

Draco Dragonheart

Race:
    Dragon
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

Sora. Strange name but he filed it away nonetheless as he settled himself belly down to the ground and tucked in his wings, presenting himself in the smallest possible package (though really that didn't say much). "Other creatures?" Granted he'd seen a strange thing or two since arriving here - like that oversized talking rodent - but her answer suggested there were even more to see. Or, he amended silently, still getting used to the possibility of such things, she was referring to wherever she came.

As if to answer his question the girl looked past him, waving at something, and Draco twisted his head around to see a bird-like creature approaching. Bird-like because it was larger than any bird he'd ever seen and as it grew closer to them a few other unique physical traits made themselves apparent. Every time he thought this place couldn't get any stranger...it did.

"I see," he said, watching as the creature flapped by him - did he detect a hint of sizing him up? - and made a beeline for the girl. Her pet, perhaps? No wonder she didn't seem to mind being out here alone, with something that size following her around he imagined she wouldn't find a lot of trouble. "I'm afraid I'll never quite get the hang of this place."

7. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Yes, such things seem to be normal around this place plus me and my friends have our own Digimon" the girl replied as her partner approached them. And while the firebird was incoming, the dragon had laid down by and tucked his wings away, seeming to relax and Sora wondered if she should sit down herself.

She stepped back while Birdramon landed behind her and the girl shifted as she rested a hand on the firebird's leg and shook her head, a silent signal to not do anything. She knew how protective her partner could get and seemed relieved as she felt the large bird shift sizes under her hand - a sign that she had picked up that the dragon was no threat.

Moving to sit down next to the now smaller pink bird, Sora glanced up at Draco as he continued to speak. She remembered days of feeling like that both during her early days here and being whisked away to the Digital World "Maybe give it more time?"

8. Draco

Draco Dragonheart

Race:
    Dragon
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

"Your own what?" He guessed that she was referring to the creature, but the word...it felt so strange and awkward in the ears that he couldn't help but question it, as if the two of them were speaking two entirely different languages. Honestly they might as well be, whatever manner of creature her bird was it was far outside the scope of Draco's experience, as evidenced when it began to shrink. He couldn't help but watch with a mixture of fascination of utter bewilderment - how useful it must be to change one's size as needed! No knight would ever have found him if he'd been able to do such a thing.

"Do they all do that," he asked her, finally shifting his gaze back to the girl, genuinely interested. "We don't have birds like that where I come from. I'm starting to think my world is rather boring." Boring and depressing, though that was hardly the sort of conversation one wanted to have with a child.

9. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Digimon, I don't know why yet but me and my friends - six or seven other children were pulled into another world before Pandora. It was there we met our partners like I got Biyomon" Sora replied.

Falling silent for a minute or two, as it looked like she would have to fill her new friend in but Izzy would be better at that kind of thing. She could at least offer the dragon an explanation on one thing for starters and continued "That's called digivolution - it means all of Biyomon's kind can change to bigger more powerful forms or be reduced to smaller forms a human can carry"

10. Draco

Draco Dragonheart

Race:
    Dragon
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link

She'd...world-hopped before, apparently, and spoke of it with a casualness that Draco didn't feel. But then, he'd arrived only days ago and still half expected to wake up and realize this was all nothing more than an incredibly strange dream. Hoped for that, in fact, though every passing day made it less likely, and also lessened his desire to return home. Things had been rather pleasant here, and while it left him feeling guilty he couldn't help but enjoy not having to hide constantly. "I see," was all he said in response, in a tone that made it clear he didn't at all. Different worlds, creatures that changed size at will...all of this was far out of Draco's depth. He'd have called it impossible if he hadn't just seen it with his own two eyes. "I imagine that's...very useful?"

11. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Following her comment, her thoughts drifted to the bustling streets and neon lights of modern-day Tokyo. A moment later, Sora shook her head as if to clear it, dwelling too much on the fact she was now stuck in this place wouldn't help. Especially as she had to get used to a sudden change in culture and everyday life as whatever or whoever had pulled her here was in no hurry to let her or Biyomon leave.

"Oh, it can have its downsides like Digimon are rare back when I came from so we have to hide them from any adults" she replied quietly after a brief pause, her thoughts straying to her mom.