By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, I'm Your Relative, Multiversally Removed

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Alex Fierro, May 16, 2018.

1. Alex Fierro

Alex Fierro Magnus Chase And The Gods Of Asgard

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    13th of April
    @Thor Odinson

Alex looked upon her work and smiled. It was rare that she actually felt this kind of contentment, and the person who usually evoked it in her wasn't here. But pottery, feeling the clay under her hands, feeling it move and slide, brought its own sort of peace. And so did interior decorating.

When she (or he, as Alex had been at the time), had arrived, and had the matter explained to him/her, she had been angry. In fact, she had destroyed a lot of things. She was pretty sure there was now a bare patch in the woods nearby due to her, and her garrote. Whatever. It wasn't like she was going to apologise. And Alex was far, far from accepting that she was stuck here. She had a boyfriend to get back to, a sister and her fiance to chaperone, and a walnut to laugh at repeatedly. Still, there was a difference between acceptance and adjustment.

And Alex had needed a job. She could've lived on the streets again, but free housing was available. And this...this wasn't a job. This was a place where she could find peace. Until she got a proper shopfront, Alex was running a little pottery business out of the front room of her house, all done up with tiles and pink and green furniture. Tastefully, of course, because she wasn't a monster. There were several pieces of hers on display, and she thanked Sif that she had managed to get a working kiln. There was even a small display in the front window, vases and cups and the occasional statuette. A poster on her driveway grabbed attention, and the display would seal the deal.

Of course, Alex didn't really want customers. But money was as necessary here as it was back home, so customers were necessary. Unfortunately. Still, she'd be very happy if no one ever turned up.

There was a knock at the door, and there went Alex's peace. Grumbling unhappily under her breath, she stood up and went over to open it. "What?" she asked, and though her tone wasn't testy, it wasn't exactly nice, either.

#1 Alex Fierro, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Thor Odinson likes this.
  2. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson Marvel Universe

Race:
    Asgardian
    Directory:
    link

Cascade Bay was quickly becoming Thor’s second haunt after Misty Hollow, in no small part because Loki lived here. Hard as it still was for Thor to wrap his mind around the concept, Loki was from a time before tragedy had befallen them and had been living here for years before Thor’s arrival. Loki had long since made a name for himself here, and had a responsibility to Cascade Bay’s people he took surprisingly seriously. Asking him to abandon what he’d accomplished would be unnecessarily cruel, so Thor hadn’t even tried. Besides, Thor himself felt honorbound to continue working with the Misty Hollow’s Defenders to keep the small town safe from the unnatural dangers it attracted. They didn’t need to be joined at the hip to make up for lost time, even if they lived in separate towns. The Mirror Travel Network, aptly named as it was, made travel between the two towns easy enough anyway.

So it was that Thor was in Cascade Bay now, deciding to take a leisurely stroll through town to enjoy the sights before he visited his brother. Things had been quiet on his end for too long, and too much peace and quiet made him bored. A coffee shop on the way yielded one of his favorite drinks, a vanilla latte, which he happily sipped away at as he continued walking.

Thor would’ve carried on walking if a display of pottery hadn’t caught his attention. Or rather, a symbol stamped on the side of the pottery. He stilled, staring. Squinting, as if he could somehow make his vision sharper. Making up his mind, he walked up to the shelf -- which seemed to have been erected hastily, not at all like most shops he’d wandered into over the years -- and grabbed the closest vase, holding it up to his face.

Sure enough, it was a symbol he recognized. It was one of Loki’s symbols -- two twin serpents, tails intertwining -- and Thor couldn’t help but squint suspiciously at the rest of the pottery on display. They were all of different shapes, sizes and whatnot. But all bore Loki’s symbol.

Now, as far as Thor knew, Loki didn’t bother with pottery. In fact, he was fairly involved with his work at this town’s local government, researching magical advancements and whatnot. But seeing one of his symbols on something so innocent as ceramic vases made suspicion creep down Thor’s spine. He didn’t like feeling suspicious of Loki, not when he was from before everything horrible that had happened between them, but after the last eight years...

Setting the vase down, Thor tried to push open the door. But it was locked. Strange, that. Wasn’t this a shop? It only made his suspicion worse, so maybe his knocking was a little more like banging. Which was probably why the teenager that opened the door, with a head of dark green hair, sounded so curt.

“Did you make these?” he demanded, jabbing a thumb at the vases outside. He was still clutching his latte in one hand. “Symbol and all?”

#2 Thor Odinson, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Alex Fierro likes this.
  3. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Alex had been so wrapped up in her annoyance that she hadn't really looked at the person at her door. He seemed familiar, like someone that she had seen on a poster once. Or Frey. Apart from the fact that he had almost beat her door down, she was getting serious Frey vibes. Oh, and the missing eye. That was a bit of a giveaway too. She ignored his question at first, grumbling under her breath a little. "It's a perfectly innocent door," she replied testily. "Stop hitting it."

Her decision to lock the door had been a good one, it seemed. Otherwise he might've gone rampaging through her front room like a mad bull, destroying days worth of work. Then his question hit her. Fucking great. She thought those kinds of questions had finished after she had saved the world for the second time. She rolled her eyes, her hands down by her side. "No," she grumbled, mostly under her breath. "I didn't make them. Turns out, when a mummy vase and a daddy vase love each other very much..." She trailed off, taking a breath.

This was a customer. Customers meant money. "Yes, I made these, yes that includes the symbol, which I also happen to have tattooed here," she said, turning her head so that Thor could see the twin snakes on her neck. "Because I like it." And if he accused her of being a spy for Loki, or something similar, she'd decapitate him and bury his corpse in the garden.

Thor Odinson likes this.
  4. Thor Odinson

Race:
    Asgardian
    Directory:
    link

Thor dropped his hand guiltily, rubbing the back of his neck. But the sheepish look on his face was quickly replaced with a scowl at the girl’s scathingly sarcastic remarks. All right, so maybe his question had been a stupidly obvious one, but by Ymir’s armpits that didn’t mean she had to mock him for it.

Of course, saying so fled his mind entirely when she pointed to the symbol she’d tattooed on her neck. He grimaced a little at the sight of it, he couldn’t help it. Because, even though such a tattoo was rather flattering to see -- during his time on Earth, he’d met more people than he could remember who’d tattooed themselves with Mjolnir, or other mystic symbols -- plenty were getting themselves tattooed without knowing what they even meant. Any number of the tattooed symbols he’d seen had been used for prayers, blessings, protection and enchantments over the centuries, but people were getting themselves tattooed for the aesthetic.

“That’s it?” he demanded, spreading his hands incredulously. “You just added Loki’s symbol to your work because you like it? Oh, and I suppose you tattooed yourself with it because you like it too.” Thor scoffed, spreading his hands and almost spilling his latte. “What else did you tattoo yourself with, Loki’s horns?”

Alex Fierro likes this.
  5. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Alex's rolled her eyes, completely over this. The guy looked familiar, in a way that she couldn't place her finger on. He was too, well, buff to be one of Loki's disguises, and mummy dearest wouldn't have reacted that way, either. He probably would've just appeared in her house, and refused to leave, while she threw hundreds of dollars worth of vases at him. He would've gotten the message eventually. Probably. Or she would've tried to kill him, probably unsuccessfully.

But she would've tried anyway, and it would've been fun.

She grit her teeth, very heavily considering just throwing something at him. But he reminded her of Frey, a little, which got him a second (third?) chance. Another chance, anyway. She didn't want to piss off the god of summer. He was too, well, nice, and Magnus wouldn't have ever let her live it down. "Please," she replied, rolling her eyes again. "I couldn't care less about that meinfretr of a mother." Meinfretr was an excellent insult, she reflected. She should thank Halfborn sometime. It was a very poetic way to call someone the smelliest of farts. "Before it was Loki's symbol, it stood for duality, fluidity, change. It's a way to express who I am." Alex stepped back. "If you have a problem with that, you can leave."

Thor Odinson likes this.
  6. Thor Odinson

Race:
    Asgardian
    Directory:
    link

Thor blinked, taken aback. He blinked several times, in fact. Brow furrowing, Thor stared at the adolescent girl like he was seeing her for the first time. Which he probably was, in all honesty. He’d gotten himself so worked up by assuming she was idolizing Loki -- Stark had called it fangirling once upon a blue moon, or so Thor thought -- to even consider the prospect that there might be an altogether different reason.

Which he’d now been made painfully aware of.

“Uh... what?” he asked, face scrunching up in confusion. Thor knew Loki could shapeshift into just about anything he put his mind to -- he didn’t get hung up on species or gender the way most people did -- but Loki didn’t have children. Well, he did in Midgardian myths, but that was different. This was different. Very, very different.

“No wait, I’m sorry, I -- I didn’t mean to offend you, I’m just” -- Thor held his free hand up, staring down at the teenager with the most confused expression on his face -- “Loki’s your mother?” Apparently a stinkfart of a mother, to boot. Well, that sounded a lot like him, actually. “You’re serious? You’re not just pulling my leg, are you?” Thor was actually proud of himself for remembering that expression, but he was too caught up in the matter at hand to preen over it.

7. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    ...Now he was blinking at her. Mixed with staring. Why. What did she do to deserve this? She blinked back. Let him see how he liked it. Honestly, she was tempting to take a picture, but she couldn't be bothered. Too much effort. She just stood there, making a hurry-up motion with her hand, waiting for the initial shock to wear off. Honestly, she was about fifty percent sure this guy was just someone fucking with her. Her bet was still Frey, as well.

Alex was silent for a moment at his reaction, before rapidly taking a step back and slamming the door in his face. Since she was an einherjar, the door shook pretty impressively (it was taking a beating today, and it was probably only going to get worse, the poor door). "It's too early for this," she said, though it was likely that Thor could hear it. "Either buy something or fuck off, Frey!" She didn't want to deal with this now. Her... heritage wasn't her favourite topic at the best of times, let alone when she adjusting to a fairly new world and the prospect of possibly never seeing any of her... floormates again. Besides, she had told him the reason. He could take it or leave it. It wasn't her problem anymore.

Thor Odinson likes this.
  8. Thor Odinson

Race:
    Asgardian
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    She slammed the door in his face.

No one ever slammed doors in his face.

Thor felt his temper start to rise. Just who the hel was this kid, claiming she was Loki’s daughter? Midgardian myths had always cited Hela as his daughter, but Thor knew better than that now. Ymir’s beard, it was hard to keep track of all the variations sometimes, but he was pretty damned sure if Loki had children, he’d have been one of the first to know. (He hoped so, at least. Loki liked his secrets, but children? Those were pretty big secrets to keep.) And wait just a second, did she just call him Frey? He wasn’t that old!

“For Odin’s sake, I’m not Frey, I’m Thor!” he shouted, slamming his fist against the door again. “And if you think the afternoon’s too early, then you’ve—”

His words cut off mid-sentence when the door suddenly pitched forwards and crashed to the ground, small puffs of sawdust rising in the air. Thor stood there, blinking at it in surprise. Norns, he must have been more pissed off than he thought.

“Uh... sorry about the door.” He moved inside to set his latte on a nearby table before picking the door up. “Don’t know my own strength sometimes.”

He smiled around the door sheepishly, but the expression quickly faded at the girl’s decidedly unamused face. “Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot, it’s just — I’d know if Loki had children, all right?” No, he shouldn’t say that, he was probably just going to piss her off again. “Nevermind about that, I’m — I’m Thor, not Frey. Do I look like the God of Harvest to you?”

Alex Fierro likes this.
  9. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Well, Alex had her doubts about him being Thor. He didn't look like Thor, talk like Thor, or act like Thor. Also the eyepatch thing was weird. And though Frey didn't have an eyepatch (last time she checked, at least), the blonde-ness, and the weird angry golden retriever look he had going on. "Sure, Frey!" she called back. "And it's always too early for this!" Still, Thor was fairly stout, red-headed, angry basically all the time, and had very antiquated ideas of gender roles, which Alex wanted to punch him for more than half the time.

And then the door crashed to the ground, adding a point to the actually-possibly-Thor column, as annoying as it was. Alex rolled her eyes, fuming slightly, but kept her calm, in a way that Sam would be proud of her for. "First of all, that was still an innocent door. Beating it up is one thing, but that was just mean. Second of all," she said, teeth half grit, and mostly annoyed, "I don't care if you're Thor, Frey, or Skadi by this point" actually, she would care if he was Skadi, she actually liked Skadi. Skadi hated Loki, which was always a plus side, and hadn't tried to kill them, which was a much bigger plus side, "get the Hel out of my house."

Alex blinked, not sure how to take that. "Right, because Loki and the other gods are so close," she scoffed, some bitterness bleeding through in her tone, mostly on behalf of her friends. "Half the time the gods don't keep track of their own children, let alone other gods'." She stood in a deceptively casual position, but her right hand was clutched tightly around her garrote, golden wire glinting in the afternoon light. "And yeah, kinda. Blond hair, badly groomed stubble, look in your eyes like you're trying to be intimidating but only really looks like a fairly annoyed kitten, and an overall impression of a surfer dude trying to be edgy? You look more like Frey having an emo phase than Thor."

Thor Odinson likes this.
  10. Thor Odinson

Race:
    Asgardian
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Skadi! he squawked indignantly. By Odin’s beard, did he look like a Frost Giant to her? Last he checked he wasn’t blue or female. He made a face before he could stop himself, shoving the vivid mental image out of his mind before he made any other unflattering noises or facial expressions.

But he wasn’t about to leave before he got answers. And fixed the door, because it was only right when he broke it in the first place. Nevermind the fact that she was still pissed as hel and clearly not in the mood for guests.

“Loki and I are close,” he defended, trying to place the door back into its frame. It fit, but the door hinges were another matter. “Or, well, we were. Still are, sort of. I don’t know, timelines in this world are weird,” he went on, bending over to hunt for whatever screws had popped out of their place. “In my timeline, we had a bit of a falling out in the last decade, but he doesn’t remember any of that. So we’re on good terms again, as far as I’m concerned — Ymir’s armpits, you put that away,” he scolded, shaking a finger at the garrote. “You’re half my size and barely have any muscles, you’d never manage to strangle me even if you wanted to.”

Norns, he didn’t want to think about surprise children, either. He was pretty sure he didn’t have any. Pretty sure. All right, so maybe in his youth he’d spent enough time sleeping around on Midgard that he’d gone down in their myths as some fertility god, which had sounded pretty hilarious at the time. But he was pretty sure that was just because he was good at pleasuring his partners and not because he’d actually fathered any children. He was pretty sure Loki hadn’t either. Despite the living proof standing right before him, looking like she was still considering whether to throttle him or not.

“Okay, you know what? The real Frey is tall and boney and has a beard white as snow that reaches his navel and I am nothing like — oh, I see what’s going on here.” This was just like when he met Barton for the first time, only Barton had been younger, had never married, and was from a completely different multiverse, according to him. He groaned, slapping his forehead. “You must be Loki’s child from some other reality or something. Gods, what a headache — and a kitten? Really?” His enemies quaked in fear at the sight of him!

Alex Fierro likes this.
  11. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Okay, so out of all the things she had said for him to react to, Alex did not expect the unmanly sputter she got in response to comparing him to Skadi. It was hilarious, even if it was unexpected. The face he made, too, which made it clear that he was picturing himself as a giant, and didn't like the mental image it gave him. Hel, just the reaction would've been enough, the undignified squawk was just the cherry on top.

Alex's mismatched eyes blazed with a quiet anger as Thor continued to talk, and her grip tightened around the garrotte handles, as she shifted into a more battle-worthy stance, garrotte handles in each hand. "First of all, if you're close with Loki, you can either get the Hel out of my house or I can make you. Second of all, this garrotte is sharp enough to decapitate you before I have to worry about strangulation. Third of all--" Alex was a pink and green blur of movement and speed, throwing a punch at Thor's face and jumping back, too focused on speed to see if it actually hit, but figuring it would make her point either way. "Fuck you."

Okay, the separate universe thing was kind of a headache. She wasn't sure if she believed him, but it did explain some things. Like how this guy was completely convinced he was Thor, and how he didn't seem to be an arsehole. Well, entirely an arsehole. He still destroyed her door. "And?" she asked crossly. "You still killed my door, barged into my house without permission, and asked some fairly personal questions. Oh, and I stick with kitten. Possibly grumpy kitten."

Thor Odinson likes this.
  12. Thor Odinson

Race:
    Asgardian
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Thor frowned, even more confused than before. All right, so it was clear that this girl — gods, he didn’t even know her name; he really hoped it wasn’t Hela because that would just be bizarre — this girl didn’t have the best opinion of Loki. But if she didn’t, then why the hel did she have Loki’s symbol tattooed on her neck and stamped her vases with it? It seemed more than a little hypocritical, at least to Thor.

Suddenly she was a blur, darting forwards and swinging her arm back. Thor swerved out of the way, but not entirely in time. Her knuckles scraped against his cheekbone with more force than any human had ever used against him, making him stumble backwards. At least she hadn’t used the garrote on him?

“Are you crazy? I’m trying to fix your door!” he exclaimed, ripping off his eyepatch to blink away a few tears. Gods, that smarted. What was her hand made out of, rocks? “And oh, I’m so sorry I saw my brother’s symbol on a stranger’s wares and started asking personal questions, how rude of me, I should have just minded my own business!”

Thunder suddenly boomed above their heads, Thor’s hands sparking with electricity. He blinked and stared at the finger he was wagging, so startled that his anger dissipated almost instantly and the sparks receded as quickly as they’d appeared. Had his eye sparked too? He had no idea.

“Right, well,” he said with decidedly less volume and sarcasm than before, clearing his throat and dropping his hands. Huffing, he placed the patch over his empty eye socket again. “I hope that’s enough proof for you that I am who I say I am.” And that she dropped these notions that he was some sort of grumpy cat, ugh.

Alex Fierro likes this.
  13. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Alex shook out her hand. She hadn't punched anyone in a while, she had forgotten how it left her hand slightly numb. She wasn't stupid enough to tuck her thumb in, she wasn't an amateur. But still, her knuckles kinda hurt. Worth it, though, especially with the way he--was he crying? Was he actually teary? Alex blinked, and begun to tap her foot crossly. "I didn't hit you that hard, especially if you're who you say you are," she said, voice clipped and annoyed.

Oh, hadn't she explained this already? Alex felt herself, no, himself, though he wasn't sure he could pinpoint the change, it had happened, sometime in the past few seconds. He had been so stressed, so angry, he didn't even notice, which was just annoying. And rare, but mostly annoying. Luckily the clothes he was wearing were fairly androgenous, fit in both male and female forms. Alex guessed that morning that today would be a change day, since he had been female for a while. He just didn't predict the catalyst.

Oh, and now there was lightning. And thunder. And static electricity. Alex's hair puffed up slightly, and he rolled his eyes, really not fazed. "First of all, sure," he said, waving a hand dismissively, "You're Thor. Well done, you successfully convinced a stranger of your identity. Next time, try carrying around a driver's license. Second of all, if Loki is your brother, I'm pretty sure I want even less to do with you. Third of all, look at that door. You killed it, struck it down in its prime. The hinges are basically wrecked. You owe me a new one. Fourth of all, not for the first time, the twin snakes were a symbol of fluidity, change, long before it was attributed to Loki. It was originally designed to represent people like me, and I'm taking it back, and making it mine. Fourth of all, and this is your last warning, get the fuck out of my house, Thunderbutt. I don't care if you're Thor, Ymir, or fucking Ratatoskr anymore. Get. Out. Or I will make you." He glared, an impressive death glare, still in the combat stance. "Oh, and lastly? My pronouns are he and him now. Now get out."

Thor Odinson likes this.