By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

I Hate This

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Phantom Maple, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid

A Dash of Maple

Phantom Maple's Place

About MePhantom Maple here. I've… actually been here for a while, though mostly ghosting in the background. Like a phantom, y'know?

Gonna be real here, I hate organisers. I try to read them and just have to nope out after, like, two minutes from information overload. That said, I recognise their usefulness, and you are welcome to post here. I will get notified. If you want faster replies, pinging or DMing me on Discord is the way to go. I can get distracted when I should be writing posts; feel free to nudge me after a week to make sure I remember.

Roleplay PreferencesI am open to a variety of plots, occasional one offs or longer overarching stories. I do prefer threads to have some kind of goal in mind rather than just “let's have our characters meet and see what happens from there” as it gives us something to nudge towards should there be a lull in the thread.

Relationships. I like to see those take time to build for the most part. Though occasionally there could be a pair of characters that just click, or someone could give a bad first impression, or just instantly rub each other the wrong way. Romance should take time to grow, of course, though one sided relationships and crushes are fun too.

As for post length, I like to write what feels right for a given post. Sometimes that is more, sometimes less, but I will always try to give at least a few things your character can pick up on for a reply.

LimitsNot one for sexual contents or explicit gore. Anything else, will have to play by ear. If I say I am not comfortable with something, please understand that I am not comfortable with it. Please don't push me. I dropped Pandora the first two times because I was feeling overly rushed/pressured and really don't want to feel like I have to do it again.

Check out my characters below!

#1 Phantom Maple, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 9:24 AM
  2. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid

Steven Quartz Universe

Steven Universe

[​IMG]
    Ahh, Steven. Looks like a Cinnamon Roll, is a Cinnamon Roll. A very open little boy who is hard to get on the bad side of. Very few people are completely irredeemable in his eyes, and even then his mind can be changed in that regard. He will be very perceptive to your feelings, even if you try to hide them. He is very good at pep talks, and motivational speeches.

Character GoalsFor now, just looking to have lots of new experiences and build his friendship base. (Port? Dock? Harbour? Boat...house?) Ok, ok, I'll stop now. Though I am not opposed to crazy stuff happening later, and if you have anything brewing, I would love to hear about it.

Autumn: Still figuring out just what Steven will be up to this season, beyond getting himself a ukulele and a mobile device of some kind.

Plot Ideas

Bardock, Saiyan Soldier

Steven Universe

[​IMG]
    Bardock. Not especially friendly, but intensely loyal until you give him reason not to be. Not particularly squeamish about killing, but not just going to kill on a whim either. Not going to be all that quick to form connections with others, especially so after having his closest friends killed on Freeza's orders.

Character GoalsReally just looking to build connections for now. Find some allies, make some enemies, all the fun varied types of relationships.

He technically lives in undercity, but that is pretty much a place to crash in between jobs. It is the easiest place to find him, however.

Plot Ideas

#2 Phantom Maple, Apr 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 3:39 PM
  3. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    If I could
    Begin to be​

#3 Phantom Maple, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  4. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    Half of what
    You think of me​

#4 Phantom Maple, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  5. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @Phantom Maple I know next to nothing about Splatoon but I wouldn't mind a thread with @Callie and @C.A. Rotwang! Maybe something random, like Callie could be practicing singing out in public and gets some (negative) attention from Rotwang? Hah, could be funny.

6. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    @Nyami

A confrontation like that sounds hella fun. Beginning in April I have been planning to have her do some busking for extra cash, so him catching her singing in public is crazy likely.

Nyami likes this.
  7. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @Phantom Maple Any day in April is perfect! Except for the 5th, since I have a thread on that date. Would Callie ever be found in either Misty Hollow or Pandora Town? Rotwang usually hangs out there the most.

Phantom Maple likes this.
  8. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    You are in luck, she is pretty much restricted to PT for now

Nyami likes this.
  9. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @Phantom Maple Great! Would you rather write a starter or should I? I'm fine either way but I can take time with starters sometimes.

10. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    @Nyami
    I think this scenario makes more sense for Callie to begin.

Nyami likes this.
  11. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
  12. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    Just giving a little bump for summer.

13. Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud Guest

@Callie and Fox

So what I'm thinking here is a cute thread between the two where Callie strings Fox along around Pandora town or something, via dance clubs, exotic restaurants, drinking, karaoke, that sort of thing.

Due to stress and responsibilities, Fox has became a huge stick in the mud and has pretty much forgotten how to let loose, go with the flow and have fun. Callie seems like the perfect person to start that sort of change in him.

NOT TO MENTION, they both aren't human so there's already something relatable for them.

#13 Fox McCloud, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2018
  14. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    Callie and @Fox McCloud

So, this sounds absolutely adorable, and Callie has been around town long enough that the would know a few places like that by now. Maybe she discovers him someplace a bit more quiet and upon discovering what a grumpy pants he is, decides spontaneously to do exactly what you describe.

(And of course this image pops immediately to mind)
    [​IMG]

15. Fox McCloud

Fox McCloud Guest

THAT GIF IS BEYOND FITTING FOR THIS OKAY

And yeah, I'd imagine she'd likely find him in a coffee shop or something. Considering he just got here recently and all that, I imagine he'd be stressing about... everything, so he's gonna really need this.

But sweet! I'll go ahead and set up a thread! Do you have any dates in particular you want this to happen on? Or is anything fair game.

16. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    IKR!?

Anything besides June 9-10 is a-ok by me.

17. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    Bumping for Steven update

18. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
  19. Nyami

Nyami Silver Fox Fanatic

Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @Phantom Maple I'd love to throw Rotwang at Bardock! I can see them meeting at a bar, and hell, maybe even get into an argument or a fight. Could be pretty funny!

20. Phantom Maple

Phantom Maple Player

Race:
    Squid
    @Nyami
    Yeah, sure. Sometime in October good for Rotwang? And would you prefer B to show up in Pandopolis or R to travel to Elysium?

Nyami likes this.