By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

I Hope I'm Good At This | Behold! Instant Noodles! Organizer

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Behold! Instant Noodles!, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Behold! Instant Noodles!

Behold! Instant Noodles! the hole at the centre of everything

Behold! Instant Noodles!

Didn't think that name through much, huh?

About MeHello. My name is Behold! Instant Noodles!, which should probably be shortened down to just Noodles for the sake of everyone involved. I'm still trying to find my feet in terms of roleplaying online, as most of my experience has been from either playing with friends around a table or live-action roleplaying. However, I've spent a great deal of time reading up on things, and I'm fairly confident I know what I'm doing. If I manage to mess something up though, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Beyond the usual "I like to roleplay" things, I like to play music (I collect instruments like I collect bad habits, and collecting instruments is a bad habit, so I'm stuck in an endless loop here), watch too many cartoons and play slightly too many video games. I live in London (UK), I fall asleep at inopportune times and I like cake. As far as a summary of my life goes, it might sound pretty depressing, but there are some awfully nice cakes out there.

Roleplay PreferencesAs I mentioned earlier, I'm still rather new at this, so my roleplay preferences aren't exactly perfectly formed when it comes to play-by-post thingamajigs. I generally like things that are a little more lighthearted, and prefer stories with characters that are a little more down to earth in terms of powers. Although, obviously, an incredibly grim game of super-powered characters could also be fun, so... well, this hasn't been any help at all, has it?

In short, I'm still trying to work out what exactly it is I like. A plot that's a little more lighthearted will generally get my attention, I'm a fan of a bit of comedy, so that'd be a bonus too. I don't mind not knowing the fandom/universe/whatchamacallit of the characters my characters are involved in - plus, it's always fun to find new books, films, shows, etc. to watch by playing with people.

In terms of "How Often I'll Post", I generally aim to be prompt with my replies. If I've not replied within a few days of a post and you're itching for a response, give me a poke. Having said that, I don't mind waiting however long is needed for a reply to my posts; I mostly want to reply quickly because otherwise I know I'll spend far too long worrying about not replying.

LimitsI'd prefer to leave graphic depictions of sex, violence and that sort of thing out of it. Obviously there's a chance that a thing might not sit well with me, so my rule of thumb is - I'm an adult, you're an adult, and if something comes up that really makes us uncomfortable, we stop and we change things so we're all happy with it.

Check out my characters below!

#1 Behold! Instant Noodles!, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. Behold! Instant Noodles!

Dawn Bellwether

Zootopia

[​IMG]

Probably A VillainCurrently acting as the Head of Public Affairs in Pandora Town, Bellwether has somehow managed to gain a position of authority, and is now hurriedly trying to set up the apparatus that might keep her there. For the time being, she is doing a very good job of being the bumbling little sheep and - as much as she might hate to admit it - she's beginning to enjoy herself in Pandora.

Alphys

[​IMG]

The Little Monster That, Repeatedly, Couldn'tArrived in Spring of Year 7, and spent the majority of that time running around pestering robots and trying to find something to do that'd make her feel better about herself. Having spectacularly failed in that endeavour, summer looks like it'll be the season of finding old friends, making new ones, having inappropriate crushes and, hopefully, settling down into a normal routine.

GLaDOS

[​IMG]

The Big Monster That, Repeatedly, WillGLaDOS is straightforward; acquire test subjects, test with test subjects, repeat. Volunteers welcome.

Pakko

[​IMG]

The Very Big Monster That, Repeatedly, Does (But Shouldn't)In the grand tradition of playing characters I probably shouldn't, there's Pakko. Pakko is a happy, impressionable thing. Currently enrolled in the Schola Praeditos. May have accidentally been involved in the destruction of an antiques store, a bookshop, a doctor's office... Almost constantly on the look-out for threads involving good-natured rampaging and misunderstandings.

Snow White

[​IMG]

See? I Can Play Someone NormalPretty much from the first point @Jiggy introduced me to Once Upon A Time, I wanted to app Snow. She's only recently arrived in Pandora and is in the process of settling down with whatever family she can find, and I'm still sort of in the process of "finding my voice" for the character. However, if you're looking to thread with a character that desperately wants to see the good in everyone, might I recommend this princess in particular?

#2 Behold! Instant Noodles!, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  3. Haytham Kenway

Haytham Kenway Assassin's Creed

Bodygaurd//Templar
    Race:
    Human
    SO HOI

I'm still on Vacation, but since I got some wifi time I think I'll just drop this in here and see what you think ehhhh? <.<

So Haytham here is a Templar! You can read more about the Templars in his signature, but basically he's rounding up heads Government and other very important people (Lex Luthor, Light Yagami, Dark Vader, etc) and using them to create this sort of illuminati group that pulls the strings of society from the back drop. So if Dawn is interested in getting involved in some illuminati shenanigans >D she'd get awesome government connections, people to protect her from bad press and such, and in exchange she'll help her new brothers towards the goal of quiet political domination /o3o/

Also I'll be honest: Haytham is a major animal lover. This is in-game canon that he has to stop and pet every single animal he sees, including sheep I kid you not. So yah know: it'll be hysterical for him to have to work along side her as well as resist the temptation to constantly pet her which would be INAPPROPRIATE.

I go now. *disappears into the shadows* /o3o\

4. Behold! Instant Noodles!

I think it's evil, despicable and the very idea that there's a group pulling the strings of society behind the curtains to be just, you know, terrible. In other words: where do I sign up?

5. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

I just realized that @Tenya Iida is pretty much the poster-boy for a legally registered superhero that loves following the rules, and I can see him getting along surprisingly well with @Dawn Bellwether if they ever met up. He comes from a world where heroes are an extremely regulated part of society, to the point where there are special schools and business agencies built for them.

I know she doesn't really have an assistant, but he'd love to volunteer to help organize paperwork or hand out surveys to better serve the public, or anything else she needs to get done fast and efficiently. And if she wants to potentially push for stronger regulation on vigilantes in Pandora Town, he'd have a lot of ideas to share about that.

Dawn Bellwether likes this.
  6. Behold! Instant Noodles!

Goodness only knows that she'd appreciate the help, and she'd gladly foist surveys upon anyone crazy kind enough to volunteer - and somebody who'd be willing to discuss matters of policies, and who can offer a viewpoint backed up with experience, well, crumbs, that sounds absolutely perfect.

However (there's.. like.. always a however) I'm going to be absent for a chunk of August, from Wednesday in fact, but I'd love to make this happen before I go, and then pick it up after I get back, if that'd be okay? I imagine that it's no secret that Public Affairs is looking for help, so there's every reason for Tenya to rock up and volunteer his services.

Plus the actual job of assistant is open! If Tenya wants an actual job, with an actual desk, and an actual paycheck, and the warm fuzzy feeling that comes from Doing The Right Thing And Helping Out (TM).

ScorpioRat likes this.
  7. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

I'd be for starting a thread up before you go! Right now, Tenya delivers mail, but I think he could eventually be convinced to switch jobs with some encouragement. Maybe they run into each other while he's dropping letters at the office?

8. Behold! Instant Noodles!

Hooray! Would you like me to make the starter to sort of set the scene of the office and the general chaos going on in the Department of Public Affairs? I can imagine that there's a lot of mail to deliver to the Department, mostly of the complaining-about-things type.

9. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Sure, that'd be cool with me.

10. Shere Khan

Shere Khan The Jungle Book

Naughty Cub
    Race:
    Tiger
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Behold! Instant Noodles!:

I would love to chuck Shere Khan at Dawn! He would initially want to make a meal out of the strange looking sheep, but I'm sure she'd put him right? Maybe he could end up learning about politics and "human" society?

11. Behold! Instant Noodles!

I fear he might learn some slightly wrong lessons about human society (as her knowledge of it is somewhat patchy), but it'd be absolutely wonderful to throw a big ol' tiger and a little ol' sheep at one another. In short; yes!

I've got to sit down and work through all the owed posts after my absence, but hopefully I'll get that done over the next day or two, and then we can start something!

#11 Behold! Instant Noodles!, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  12. Shere Khan

Naughty Cub
    Race:
    Tiger
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
  13. Behold! Instant Noodles!

@Shere Khan

Right! Mostly caught up, which means I feel happy putting on the Plotting Hat again and coming up with things. Given that the season change is almost upon us, would you be happy doing it as an Autumn/Fall thing?

On the subject of the throwing-Shere-Khan-at-Bellwether-thing, it shouldn't be too tricky to come up with a time and a place where the two can meet - Bellwether's got a fairly predictable routine that'd be easy for a stalking tiger to work out ("get up", "go to work in the Parliament Building", "find an excuse to go outside and eat lunch", "more work", "go home", "scheme"), but if there's a particular stomping ground for the Big Tiger, I'd gladly come up with a reason why Bellwether would be out that way!

14. Shere Khan

Naughty Cub
    Race:
    Tiger
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Behold! Instant Noodles!

Yeah, we can do it in Autumn. :)

I'm doing a thread with Riot at the moment, where Shere Khan ends up messing with some kind of magical object, which turns him into his adult form at random. Might be funny to have the adult Shere Khan chase after Bellwether, but at the last possible moment, end up turning back into his (mostly) harmless tiger cub form?

15. Behold! Instant Noodles!

That's not a "might be funny", that's at least "certainly funny, bordering on hilarious" - plus, Bellwether'd probably be far more likely to provide education, as it were, to a young Shere Khan, rather than to adult-I'm-trying-to-eat-you-Shere-Khan.

(And now I've got to go and stalk that thread with Riot...)

Dharke likes this.
  16. Dharke

Dharke Join me in Coosa!

Race:
    Tiger Man
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    @Behold! Instant Noodles!:

Let me know when you'd be up for Shere Khan trolling your sheep this season. :)

Also, if any of your characters are in need of help in this new world, Tigernor wouldn't mind doing them a good deed. He's got to get up to fifty! ;)

17. Behold! Instant Noodles!

I'll give you a poke via Discord, which will probably be tomorrow (Monday 17th) to sort out dates? I don't really have anything yet planned for Bellwether for the new season, so I'm super-flexible on the dates front.

On the good deeds front, I shall put my thinking cap on. I don't think Bellwether or GLaDOS would be particularly suitable for good deeds, but Alphys probably would be in a situation where a good deed could go a long way. On the other hand, trying to do a good deed for GLaDOS would be funny. Either way, I'll think about that, and throw things at you tomorrow.

Dharke likes this.
  18. bears

bears Player

Professional Bear
    Race:
    Bear
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    >> SLAMS THIS DOWN

So at the moment, @Wolf O'Donnell is new and looking for any sort work to make a living for himself here, considering he's a space outlaw he doesn't exactly care what his work entitles as long as he gets paid and isn't completely screwed over at the end.

Basically what I'm wondering is, does @Dawn Bellwether need a henchman or someone to do dirty work under wraps while she's busy with her government job? If she does hire him and she becomes his client, depending on what Dawn wants and work she asks him to do, this could potentially lead to some plot stuff and good old fashioned villiainy.

That and it's also funny picturing this scary looking wolf man with an eyepatch working for this fluffy little sheep lady.

19. Behold! Instant Noodles!

Is it worrying that the more an idea makes me giggle, the more likely I am to go "yes we should do this"? I'm not sure. Either way, yes - it'd be jolly handy to have a right-hoof wolf with a bit of plausible deniability. The general gist of Bellwether's current plan is to try and cause trouble outside of Pandopolis - hopefully to justify how terrible these places are and how Pandopolis has a moral responsibility to send people in to make the world a better place - so having somebody to go out and cause said trouble, possibly while also having the status of diplomat to help smooth over any problems, would be super handy.

In short - yes! Yes, yes, yes.

20. bears

bears Player

Professional Bear
    Race:
    Bear
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Perfect~ bwahaha

In that case, I'll shoot you a message either through PMs or via discord. I got a few ideas that could work in her favor and begin the spread of fear within the public.