HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete I'm All Alone, More or Less

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by The Cat, Sep 17, 2017.

1. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    September 5th

"Because you're not gettin' anythin' from me! Y'think ya can just wrinkle my outfit like this an' not pay? Y'can steal Gerbil-Face's fear, but if y'think putting sand on my suit'll do anything more than piss me o- sand?"

The Cat's rant was swiftly over when he realized that he wasn't on the Red Dwarf anymore. At least, he didn't think the polymorph could make it look like he was suddenly on a beach.

So, if he wasn't on the Red Dwarf... where were the others? Sure, he didn't want to see that Alphabet-Head again, but at least he'd probably be able to figure the sudden appearance of a beach somehow. Right? There had to be some reason. Some reason other than aliens, which would probably be the Old Laundry Shoot Nostril's first guess. Which would mean that'd be the wrong answer.

The Cat could think of only one thing to do in the situation. Talk to himself.

"Alright, there's a beach, so that's nice. Might be some fish for me to eat once I figure this mind trippin' stuff out. Mmm... An' some sun for me to nap in. But later. But first thing's first, whatever brought me here messed with my suit! So I gotta find them and teach them what fashion is!"

#1 The Cat, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  2. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She had made a brief visit for her community's sake - to trade baskets of figs for seafood and pick up some smaller requests like little pieces of coral for decorating homes. Finishing up that bit of business, she moved to where her partner, now in her Champion form, waited. Moving to sit on Birdramon's foot, she wrapped an arm around the bird's leg and nodded "Let's go to the beach before heading home"

Flapping her wings, the firebird lifted off to gently grab the baskets of supplies and head out. Flying low over a beach, she landed as her partner decided on a swim after all and Sora hopped off. She had only removed her hat, shoes and socks when a voice coming from behind some rocks made her stop and she peeked around them.

Frowning at the sight of a man talking to himself and ranting about the state of his clothes, the girl wondered if she should approach him or not. He didn't sound happy about what had happened to his outfit so may blame anyone.

#2 Sora Takenouchi, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    The Cat likes this.
  3. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "Yellow does not go with silver, so I-" The Cat's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden smell, two smells actually. There was definitely a human nearby, and something that kind of smelled like a cooked chicken, but wrong.

Sniffing the air, he turned around and determined the source. He quickly moved closer to some rocks and saw a female who was smaller than most women.

"Hey!" he called, "you see a thing that can turn into anythin'? I was fightin' it with these smeg-heads an' got separated, then it turned into some cords an' dropped me here! I gotta figure out how ta get back to the ship before my buddy does somethin' stupid without his fear."

Sora Takenouchi likes this.
  4. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She had headed over to reclaim her hat and footwear, and was slipping her socks and shoes back on when the man appeared from around the rocks. Guess the giant firebird had got his attention and she turned to face him as he spoke - so his words further confirmed he was a new arrival.

"I didn't see anything, we were going for a swim before heading back to Horizon" she replied once he had finished, she knew what it was like to be worried about your friends "And that wasn't what you thought, it's how everyone ends up in Pandora, another world to put it mildly. And I'm sorry but once you're here, you can't get out or back home"

#4 Sora Takenouchi, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    The Cat likes this.
  5. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The short woman's explanation was weird. The Cat walked closer to her, clearly confused.

"Whad'ya mean?" he asked, "I'm on another planet, so the Dwarf can fly down an' pick me up once they find me." He was confident that once the polymorph was taken care of, the guys would drop everything to find him. What would the Red Dwarf be without The Cat on board?

6. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She stepped back, watching the man take a step or two closer to her as Birdramon shifted, eying him warily as she rested a hand on the firebird's leg and shook her head, a silent signal to not do anything. She knew how protective her partner could get but they were new here once too. Switching her attention back to the pink-suited man, she tried to explain the situation to him again.

"I don't know what the Dwarf is but no, this is not a planet, it's some kind of dimension like the Digital World. It's a gilded one but it's a prison all the same and no-one really knows why people like us get pulled here. If anyone is behind it, they don't seem to want to reveal themselves either. And if you want a place to stay while you figure your next move out, there's a town nearby"

The Cat likes this.
  7. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    None of what the small woman was saying sounded good. It also didn't make sense to The Cat. Something about a dimension and a prison? He obviously wasn't in a prison, he was on a beach. Looking out at the water, he noticed a fish jumping out, and all of his attention was diverted to that.

"Ah, good, lunch!" he cried, walking towards the shore. The giant bird smelled like chicken, but The Cat had a policy to never try and kill anything bigger than him that didn't try and attack first. He put the bazookoid down, since he wasn't going to be needing it, and looked deeper into the water, trying to figure out why the fish wasn't right at the edge. Wasn't the thing in front of him a big aquarium?

8. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Guess he wanted to eat first - that was fair enough and she watched him head down to the ocean. Everyone had their own reactions to this place and his words made her realize the time as she turned to the containers of supplies to dig out a shoulder bag holding her own lunch - two rice balls, one with a spicy tuna filling, one with beef and a custard dorayaki.

Watching the man studying the ocean as she unwrapped the beef one and tossed it up to her partner, nodding as Birdramon snatched it out of mid-air then the girl seemed thoughtful. Maybe she could attempt a swim again as he was more interested in the sea-life.

She called over - trying another way to make conversation "I'm Sora by the way, what's your name?"

#8 Sora Takenouchi, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    The Cat likes this.
  9. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    There really wasn't any way for The Cat to fish without a fishing hook, he realized. Maybe if he was willing to get his suit wet.

So there was no way for him to go fishing without a fishing hook. If he was able to think ahead enough, he'd probably realize that his big lunch back on Red Dwarf was so large that eating any more fish would end up giving him a terrible stomachache. As it was, he was very disappointed.

He turned around to look at Sora when she introduced herself. "My name's The Cat," he called. He'd never met anyone named Sora before. It wasn't normal, like Rimmer, or Lister, or Kryten.

10. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Pleased to meet you" the girl gave a small smile then bowed a little and straightened after the small bow - a lifetime of being raised in Japan having kicked in.

Remembering what it was like during her early days here, she glanced at the bag holding the other two parts of the packed lunch she was holding. As the guy seemed interested in food, she could see if he wanted some "I have a couple of snacks if you're still hungry, and like riceballs?"

#10 Sora Takenouchi, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    The Cat likes this.
  11. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Wow, Sora was really polite. The Cat really wasn't used to humans who were so polite. Lister was really nice, but polite wasn't really an accurate way to describe him. Still, she wasn't as fun as Lister, so he knew who he'd rather hang out with.

Before he could continue thinking about how he'd get his own lunch, Sora offered him some of hers. Well, problem solved. He wasn't really sure what rice was, but hey, he wasn't going to complain about food when it was offered.

He bounded over with a huge grin and held his hands out. "Hey, thanks!" he said, "is this a human thing? Givin' food away? 'Cause my buddy did this when I met him too! Well, I ain't complainin'! I wish he got outta suspension way sooner."

12. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She unwrapped the tuna rice-ball and handed it over to him as the pink-suited man came bounding over - talking about a friend of his and replied "Well, I can't speak for other humans but considering you're a new arrival... Hope you like it"

She did have the dorayaki to fall back and once the tuna rice-ball had been handed over, moved to fish it out and unwrap it. Moving to sit down next to her partner, Sora took a bite of the sweet treat with a small smile - she had been surprised at finding out this place sold various foods from Earth - Japanese cuisine among them.

The Cat likes this.
  13. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "Well, not countin' that smeg-head Rimmer, I guess you're the second human I really know," The Cat commented, "we ran inta some people in that backwards place, but I still hung out with my bud more than anyone else."

With that, he dug into the food offered. He took one bite and sat up straight. "Hey, this is fish!" he cried excitedly. Sora really was nice. She didn't just give him food, she gave him fish. Man, this was way better than fighting that polymorph.

14. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Her thoughts drifted to the bustling streets and neon lights of modern-day Tokyo. A moment later, Sora shook her head as if to clear it, dwelling too much on the fact she was now stuck in this place wouldn't help. Especially as she had to get used to a sudden change in culture and everyday life.

She blinked as he spoke up again, assuming smeg was some kind of insult and found herself what kind of world this man came from when he mentioned meeting other people briefly. Watching him eat the riceball, she was more curious about something else though "You're not a human? As you could pass for one"

The Cat likes this.
  15. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    By the time Sora asked her question, The Cat had already finished his rice ball. Just like back on the Dwarf when he finally learned how to use the food dispensers without needing to ask for help, he was going to regret eating that quickly.

In the moment, however, his attention was back to Sora. "Me? A human?" he scoffed, looking vaguely insulted by the very idea. He looked thoughtful for a few seconds as he remembered exactly how Holly explained his people once.

"Y'know how y'all came from apes?" he asked, "well, I came from cats. My people evolved into what I am today on the Red Dwarf over millions of years."

16. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Finishing her own snack in a few bites, the girl leaned back against her partner's leg and relaxed - pulling her hat down a little for better protection from the sun. So far the pink-skinned man seemed harmless and if not, she had Birdramon to help out.

She lifted the hat back up as he reacted to her question like it was a little offensive - going by his tone of voice and expression. If not a human, then what was he? This was new, cats that evolved into humans. Still it was no stranger that being trapped here or the amount of Digimon she had seen. And what was this Red Dwarf?

The Cat likes this.
  17. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The Cat finished licking off his fingers and stood up. "Well, this was fun," he said, surprisingly sincerely, "but I gotta find my buddy. If I got dropped here, he's gotta be here too!" There was no doubt in his mind that Lister was out there somewhere, he just had to figure out where that was.

The only way to find his bud would be to search, and- as much as he hated work- he was gonna have to start soon. With that he turned and started bounding away, much quicker and more agile than any human would be.

18. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Digimon

N/A
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    She pulled her hat back as the cat-man seemed to want to find his friend. Who knew if he was here or not, this place seemed selective. She could only wish he had better luck than her - finding an older Izzy just for him to vanish "Good luck with that"

Watching him bound off, she got up - wondering if she should go for that quick swim now or just take the supplies from the trade back out to Horizon.

The Cat likes this.