By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

"I'm Nobody! Who Are You?" || Keel's Organizer

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Keel, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Keel

Keel If we're lucky, he might find us.

Total Loser

Keel's Organizer

Look who's trying!

About MeTack the letters 'an' to the end of my username and you have a 23 year-old with an interest in anything of the realm of mass communication, from journalism to radio broadcasting. I use my free time for activities like playing tennis, flying stunt kites, watching soccer (ask me how many times Liverpool has won the Champions League), listening to indie music to feel hip, producing videos and video gaming. A casual interest in roleplaying has taken me all the way from Neopets to the present-day, though Pandora is the most involved I've ever been in thinking about how to wield characters flexibly.

Roleplay PreferencesI consider myself a pretty adaptive player, and rarely focus on hitting specific word counts. Generally, if I can match my partner's posts in length, I'll be happy with myself. Quality over quantity's the rule...! Much more experienced with putting humorous undertones rather than serious ones in my writing these days. Therefore I'm rusty with combat themes, but I can't say I refuse to try them. God-modding isn't that big of a deal in my eyes when it's done to me occasionally; it can help getting things from point A to B, as one thing I seem to catch myself doing is spinning in place too long during a scene. Working back-and-forth through character interactions is probably my favorite activity.

LimitsThere aren't many territories that I'd say are off-limits for me except depictions of sexual assault and other explicit material of the like. I'd prefer not to write out detailed gore, but a little blood spilled isn't bad.

Check out my characters below!

#1 Keel, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  2. Keel

Total Loser

Velouria

Fire Emblem

[​IMG]
    profile | directory
    A shapeshifting fighter from her world, often times nowadays Velouria is a wandering oddball of a wolf. She calls herself a treasure hunter, but literally any old junk can impress her to the point she just has to cart it off for herself. Where she winds up in her travels makes no difference to her, but it better be filled with nice people, or else she'll have to break out her feral form.​

As of Year 109's winter, currently she is a resident of Oakheart in the Crystal Vales, and by extension has become sort of an ambassador to it when wandering the Box. She occasionally visits the Ruby Ranch around full moons to connect with other shifters.

Plot HooksFinders Keepers: What cool stuff Velouria stumbles upon might already belong to somebody else. Before she can keep it as a souvenir, she'll do anything to get her mitts on it -- barter, beg, or perhaps even start up a friendly duel with the owner. She's that materialistic.

Makeshift Merchant: Velouria retains her subtitle as a drifter as she ventures into new, civilized places encountering new people. Her goal is to help build up the humble town of Oakheart by searching for residents and services to bring to the realm. She has some connections to the place's coin purse to bid on the village's behalf for small things like construction projects or produce shipments to bring home; training her eyes for quality goods is just as beneficial as her nose. Essentially, she'd like to get in touch with people who know people.

Buried Treasure: Fluffy things amuse her the most, but items that have been sitting in the dirt for a while are as sought-after as gold. Even if she has to track the scent of something old and musty into the earth with her bare hands, she has to find out what awaits her -- but an excavating partner would help a lot.

Jack Bauer

Ex-government agent Jack Bauer has no country to protect, but a new employer to make use of his skills. If somebody in this world needs to be saved or a criminal has to be stopped, it might jog his memory of the old days again, and perhaps the sacrifices that come with it all in keeping those important to him safe.

As of Year 109's winter, he is an officer of the Pandopolis City Department of Intelligence. He travels in his free time by motorcycle from place to place.

Plot HooksAnother Day, Another Threat: Bauer is the go-to man when it comes to spoiling plots that threaten the masses. His surveillance, interrogative, and combat skills are rather potent and flexible for a variety of perilous situations. On a smaller scale, he may be the right person in the right place to stop a random act of crime from unfolding, but he might not totally save the day in the intervention with his tendency to fly off the handle.

Magical Terrorists!: Bauer didn't have to deal with bad guys with powers before; now that he's experiencing just how unpredictable and potent arcane evildoers are in Pandora, it's putting him a little on edge. It'll be a little hard to even trust the good superhumans when he encounters them. If your villain has a plot and is pretty confident it can't be stopped thanks to their leg-up, Jack's damn well going to try anyway.

"Family": One of Jack's biggest motivators in his work, at times, is the protection of those closest to him. While he's left so many behind in Los Angeles coming to Pandora, rebuilding a social web for himself could help keep him afloat. Though he's quite the romanticizing, upstanding man, these ties he makes do have the possibility to bend and break with his fragile, hard-edged personality, during stressful times.

(Later Trajectory): Down the line I'd like for Jack to be exiled to the Dread Wastes for either a real crime or a misunderstanding, perhaps to only escape later to complete the whole hero-redemption cycle. Things'll cement months in the future, I hope, but getting some of the parts moving may involve meeting some characters now, if there's interest in his story.

Matthias

Redwall

[​IMG]
    profile | directory

The fabled hero removed from the realm of Mossflower Wood, Matthias is the small, feisty field mouse with a craving for adventure. Yearning to keep alive the warrior spirit he found within himself, can he be the same fighter in a world with as many strange, towering beasts as there are leaves in the trees?

As of Year 109’s winter, he is a drifter based in the area of Cascade Bay. He's seemingly fascinated by the sea. He's recently been inspired by the work of mercenaries and is looking out for opportunities to wield his blade once again.

Plot HooksEverything’s Out to Kill a Mouse!: To most Pandora citizens, they see a perfectly normal stray cat; to Matthias, it’s a monster from a nightmare. Plenty of ordinary circumstances and creatures will put the warrior in harm’s way, and humanoids can lend a generous hand in saving him. He’s not completely defenseless though with that legendary sword -- even if it is a glorified toothpick. He could very well be a hero if he gets to gouge the right place on anybody...!

Miniature Day-Maker: Matthias can stay out of sight and sneak around well enough, and that lets him overhear things he otherwise wouldn’t (or shouldn’t!). A character having a bad day? There may be a soft spot in Matthias’ tiny do-gooding heart to amend things. ...Where did that lovely flower come from?

A Roommate in the Wall? (or Attic, or Floorboards...!): In eventuality, Matthias will need a home akin to the safe, stone structure of Redwall Abbey. Another person’s house would be just the thing, especially in the wintertime. A welcome visitor or not, the mouse can live in relative quiet with a small amount of space -- the other individual just needs to be comfortable with rodents!

#2 Keel, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019 at 2:40 PM
  3. Lanni

Lanni Player

Race:
    Human Nerd
    *slides in* HULLOOOO Jack :D

Fun facts about Lanni: she was once obsessed with 24. Never watched the revamp BUT no need to keep any spoilers. I'm just lazy and prob won't get to it <.<

ANYWAY, here are your choices...

@Manfred von Richthofen and Jack
    So this is Manfred. He's the Red Baron, you know: that one guy snoopy always fights who got famous in WWI flying planes and such. He also lives out in the Wastes as a smuggler, so it might be nice if they both meet outside the Wastes so that when/if Jack gets exiled he has a place to go? Manfred won't care: my niiave little peanut classic will welcome him into the Hanger with open arms! (He also runs a superhero/vigilante team out in the Wastes that Jack could join as he's.... redemption-arcing).

They could generically.... meet while Manfred is smuggling something? Jack could maybe disapprove until Manfred explains that his service is much-needed in the Wastes: where people have to learn to live without Manfred can provide goods for reasonable prices/trades. Maybe Jack ends up helping? Could lead to him being tagged and exiled eventually idk: get involved in smuggling yer bound to upset some people.

@Johnny Blaze and Jack
    Johnny is the Ghost Rider from marvel. The flaming skeleton.... thing. Honestly idk what to do here except that he's also a mechanic and a nice old man, and Jack could probably use a friend whose just a Neat Texan boy who will give him beer and maybe hook him up with a motorcycle, and Jack can eventually learn the big Ghost Rider secret? idk. Does Jack even.... want a motorcycle? *finger guns*

Keel likes this.
  4. Keel

Total Loser
    Hi Lanni! Both of these options sound pretty interesting!

Johnny first and foremost from the standpoint of giving Jack some means of transportation -- of course I think he'd do well on a motorcycle to get around Pandora, for I can anticipate there being a lack of car chases and mobile shootouts for the most part in this world! Meeting the Ghost Rider potentially will freak the heck out of Jack, but he'll have to man up. I see his ability to perceive sins and stuff as something interesting to incorporate -- Bauer's done plenty wrongs in order to save the day; roughing up some people, taking a ton of lives. It'd be neat to see if that's all justified.

Manfred would be a great option for a connection to the Dread Wastes. First impressions would probably lead Jack to be his old over-suspicious self to a smuggler (he might bust a shipment if he catches word of it in Pandopolis, and letting it go may be a matter of convincing this type of organized crime is for the greater good -- how to always win over a utilitarian like Jack). I'd spare having him be directly involved in the act to keep the risk of exile low just yet, but I'd see the possibility of Jack seeing his younger self in Manfred all the way.

Whichever character you'd like to tackle first, I'd be all for it!

Lanni likes this.
  5. Lanni

Lanni Player

Race:
    Human Nerd
    Jack and Johnny:
    the thing is I can't really think of anything except generic 'Jack goes into Johnny's shop and requests a motorcycle to be made' in which you need.... money for. Johnny doesn't work for free, sadly enough for Jack (he's got two kids to feed). But if Jack has the cash this might be a viable option for later! Don't worry, Jack: Johnny is very tight-lipped about what sins he sees as the Ghost Rider. He kinda sees it like he peeked into someone's journal and he can't tell anyone what he sees so.... *thumbs up* Just a creepy skeleton creature that sometimes is nice-guy Johnny.

We could do this backwards? Jack sees Johnny turn Ghost Rider cause of *insert gang violence here* and in exchange for Jack keeping his mouth shut Johnny offers to make him a motorcycle?

Manfred and Jack:
    theoaihdofiahds yesssssss Let's tackle this adorable little fighter pilot first cause I have massive muse and I can already see this nonsense occurring so... Letssss

.... Say that Jack discovers this no-good smuggling going on in the city. Jack tries to bust it, only to be faced with this adorable German man showing him that he's basically trading for things like.... water, food, toiletries, basic human needs for the people of the Wastes who usually don't get this shit cause its A) controlled via warlords and B) people beyond the Wastes don't really want them to have it cause 'ew Waste Landers'.

This would have to be in January <.< if that's okay?

6. Dharke

Dharke Playing RTS in Madison region.

Race:
    Tiger Man
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    @Keel!!! I know we've got a Jack/Reed thread, but I had ideas!!!

Would Velouria or Bauer like to come across Severen and his band of evil supernatural nomads (pending information thread)? With Velouria, they could attempt to coax her into the group, then try to give her a hard time when they realise that she's a good girl. If you wanted to go with Bauer instead, maybe he could investigate rumours of this murderous gang and stumble across Severen?

Can Hudson put Matthias in a cage with the hamster that he somehow inherited from his own world? :p Does Matthias talk? Hudson would freak out about a talking rodent! They should get in a situation where Matthias is the bravest out of them. :p Also Gov in tiger form should come across Matthias and try to eat him, although he can't talk, which might make it a short and/or boring thread.

7. Keel

Total Loser
    Hey @Dharke!

I'd totally be up for having Velouria encounter the vampire gang, sure! I think she won't take kindly to being peer pressured by a bunch of older strangers, but she might entertain the idea for a little while if she learns what'd be in it for her. I'll have to think about how she responds to having anyone after her for once. We can possibly save the encounter between Severen and Jack for when his group gets extra-notorious.

As for Matthias, that'll be your call...! I can tell you that Matthias can talk as good as any person out there, and will probably lash out at either of your characters who stumble upon him. x) Hudson's based in the Cosmic Wilderness, right? I'm not sure if my mouse will flirt anywhere near there (though the concept of space could certainly blow his mind), but I can work with wherever you might bring your guy down to earth. I should've reached out about a tangle between a big cat and a rodent earlier, but I'm on board if you'd rather have that be an encounter, most likely somewhere outdoorsy and vacant. You're probably right it'd be a shorter thread, but it might be pretty thrilling as Matthias fights to talk some sense into Gov.

8. Dharke

Race:
    Tiger Man
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    @Keel: So cool!!!

Velouria/Severen: Great! :D

Jack/Severen: We can definitely save this for when the group have grown in noterity.

Matthias/Hudson: I can work out a reason to have Hudson show up wherever you want, no problem. Maybe somewhere that turns out dangerous, so Hudson looks like a big pansy next to Matthias? XD

Matthias/Gov: Now I think about it, a short and sweet encounter thread would be a lot of fun to do!

Let me know when you'd like to try any of these! Would you prefer to wait until after Jack/Reed? We could probably hurry that one along since it's been going awhile; thanks to my slow arse!

9. Keel

Total Loser
    @Dharke
    We could get Velouria underway once Reed and Jack wrap up, yeah...!
    I'm still a little torn between who I'd like Matthias to meet, but I'm leaning towards Gov. Since the mouse can't do a lot of traveling for very far, I'd probably keep him around the eastern coast of the Crystal Vales, so would either Hudson or the Tigernor be able to reach there?

Dharke likes this.
  10. Alicorn

Alicorn Player

Procrastinator
    Race:
    Alicorn
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Cornelius and Matthias

If Matthias ever finds himself looking for a sparring partner, then Cornelius could certainly use one!

Currently, he is attempting to study battle tactics, among other things, at Schola(part time), but when you're under two inches tall, finding someone to practise with can be tricky!

Eh, I just feel like these two should meet ^^

11. Keel

Total Loser
    @Alicorn

Oh nice, that's a great idea...! Matthias would love to know what battle strategies are out there, especially if they apply to little folk like him! Yeah, they've gotta meet. x)
    Our characters are kind of on two sides of the Crystal Vales, but if Cornelius can make it to Cascade Bay, I think we can find a good amount of reasons for a conversation. (I also see on his organizer space that he's met Daniel Wing? He brought Matthias to Cascade Bay in the beginning!)
    If we set things in like, an inn or a tavern (the outside's a chilly place this season), perhaps they'll do some fencing on a table or something? What's a decent date for the thread? Matthias is free anytime.

12. Dharke

Race:
    Tiger Man
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    I can have the Gov go on some kind of business trip to the Vales, which also falls on the full moon. Unable to find some decent sized prey, he can try to help himself to a mouse snack. ;)

13. Keel

Total Loser
    @Dharke
    Works for me! Let's shoot for that whenever you're up for it. It sounds like a thread that either of us could start, since Matthias can easily go wandering outside of the Bay looking for provisions or whatever when he's ambushed.

14. Dharke

Race:
    Tiger Man
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    We can do that one whenever you want. :) If you'd like me to start, it may take me until the weekend. And date-wise Gov is open all season.

15. Keel

Total Loser
    @Dharke
    I can get us rolling in the next couple of days with any luck. Likely the 12th of December to get things in line with the full moon.

Dharke likes this.
  16. Alicorn

Alicorn Player

Procrastinator
    Race:
    Alicorn
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Sounds good to me! Cornelius actually spends a lot of time in Cascade Bay, when he isn't studying (he's part time), so that shouldn't be a problem! Nice to see that they have a friend in common too ^^

Keel likes this.
  17. Keel

Total Loser
    @Alicorn
    Sweet! I can hopefully get the thread going shortly, and date it around mid-December. If you'd need anything tweaked, just reach out...!

18. Alicorn

Alicorn Player

Procrastinator
    Race:
    Alicorn
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Sounds good, Cornelius has no winter threads yet, so anything works

Keel likes this.