By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

important moments

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Alyssa, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

*TW: language, blood, mentions of sexual assault

January 10th
    Arlington House Apartments #304
    @Irene Adler
    Fuck, fuck, fuck.

They'd just killed a guy. Fucking murdered him. Stabbed him through the fucking neck. She was covered in blood that wasn't hers. Her wrists hurt - fuck he'd had a strong grip. She could taste his blood in her mouth, feel it in her hair. Her nightshirt was soaked with it, sticky and warm against her chest and belly. It made her legs feel cold, like when you first stepped into the shower and only your torso was under the water. Was that a weird thing to think right now?

Fuck.

Where was James? Had he gone? She sat up on the blood-soaked mattress and looked around wildly for him, but there was only the guy they'd murdered lying on the floor. She kept trying not to look at him but his eyes were open and it was like trying to look away from a car crash. Or, like, something really gross like roadkill. You didn't want to look but your brain made you do it anyway. Or maybe it was just her brain. Either way, his eyes were starting to majorly creep her out. She kept expecting them to blink or move or... something, except he was dead. Because they'd killed him.

James killed him. Where was James? Had he buggered off? That was probably smart, except they couldn't just leave things like this. She looked around the room wildly, didn't realise she was trembling because she was so caught up in the half-crazed thoughts bouncing around in her head. They were all over the room. Like, their DNA and shit. They'd be locked away forever. Didn't matter that it was self-defense, the system was rigged.

What do they do on TV?

Bleach. They needed bleach. And gloves. Strip the mattress, wipe down the knife, burn their clothes. They'd have to change how they looked. She could dye her hair. Yeah. She just had to find James. If he'd run she was going to fucking kill him.

With a shaky, hitching breath, Alyssa pushed herself off the mattress and stood on trembling legs. Before she could take a step, however, the door to the bedroom opened.

And it wasn't James standing there.

#1 Alyssa, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    Irene Adler likes this.
  2. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene had turned off the shower head at the same moment the girl appeared in her bedroom with a dead body. None the wiser, Irene began toweling herself off and pulling on her robe. Running a brush through her wet dark hair, she slipped on a pair of slippers before opening the door to her bedroom and saw a scene from Psycho, only in technicolor, on her bed.

Irene rarely screamed and almost never made any sound without a rational and well thought out reason. For a moment, she stood stock still in the shock of finding her bedroom in a completely different state than she left it only ten minutes previously, that state being a bloody fucking mess, a sanguine vision of flesh and gore that would be ironed into her brain for many years to come. Then, Irene shrieked. It was short and abrupt and she soon got a hold of herself to think more clearly, but the initial impact had called for and justified such a yelp.

Looking frantically around, Irene caught a glimpse of a letter opener on her dresser and snatched it up, wielding it as a weapon, "What the fuck is going on here?" She demanded, her blue eyes frantically looking around for a better weapon, the bag that held her gun, or her phone. All were in the living room. Irene inched her way toward the door that would lead to them, "Who are you? What are you doing in my house?" She said after realizing that a young woman, brandishing a confused expression, was looking back at her.

Irene jabbed the end of the letter opener into the air in the direction of the dead body, "Who the hell is that?"

#2 Irene Adler, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Alyssa likes this.
  3. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

Alyssa couldn't remember any moment in her life when she'd been this terrified. Yeah, she'd been scared before. If she was being honest (and she wasn't very often), she was scared all the fucking time. Scared that her dad had left for a reason, scared of Tony, scared that her Mum didn't want her around because Alyssa didn't fit into her Perfect Life anymore. But that kind of scared was different, right? It made her angry, because on some level she knew it was bullshit that she felt like that.

But this kind of scared? Like, she actually thought that maybe she was going to die. Really die, because James had fucked off and there was a dead guy on the floor and this was probably his wife standing there screaming and brandishing a letter opener at her. Oh fucking hell, what was she supposed to do? What could she say? She was covered in blood and it probably didn't matter that the asshole had tried to... fuck, he was going to rape her!

In all the confusion and fear, Alyssa hadn't yet realised that she was in a different room. She didn't register the woman's words so much as the fact that she was yelling and jabbing a letter opener toward the dead guy on the floor. Alyssa's teeth were chattering and her whole body was trembling - fuck, she was cold - and she felt like she might pass out, except she couldn't do that because what if this bitch was as crazy as her asshole husband?

Her eyes darted quickly around the room in search of an escape or something she could use to defend herself. Her gaze landed on the glass lamp sitting on the nightstand beside the bed, and without giving much thought to what she was doing Alyssa snatched it up and hurled it directly at the woman's head. At the same moment the lamp left her grip she attempted to surge forward and shove the stranger out of her way so she could flee down the hall and out of the house. No fucking way was she ending up back on that bed.

Irene Adler likes this.
  4. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It became very clear in just a few seconds that this girl was just as afraid as Irene was. Taking several breaths, she calmed down considerably but it was just a moment too late to calm this stranger who was covered in blood down as well, "Wait." Irene tried to say but a vase from her nightstand was already being flung at her without warning. Irene dodged it neatly but it crashed loudly behind her, much to her chagrin. She had liked that vase. Still, she didn't react attempting to cool things off rather than make them more tense.

This girl was clearly intent on an escape and Irene was suddenly annoyed that she would dare leave this dead body on her bed with no explanation and ditch Irene, whose day she had obviously ruined. Irene was no combatant, but she did have a weapon. She lunged, grabbing this could be murderer by her shoulders.and shoving her backwards, finding she was at least stronger than what she now saw an obviously a frightened teenage girl, not some cold blooded killer storming her bedroom intent on murdering her.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." She said, catching her own breath and holding her hands out in front of her like she would if she were trying to calm a frightened and skittish horse. She glanced back at her bed, blood covering her once pretty quilt, soft pillows, and mattress. Instantly, she thought of how she might get rid of such a scene. It was fairly clear to her that this girl was likely a victim of circumstance and probably not guilty of this crime as she held no weapon and looked quite a mix of confused and frightened. She guessed that HYDRA probably dealt with a disposed of dead bodies very frequently and wondered if she would have to give them a ring before dark where they would remove it under cover of night. Irene really did not want to have to do that.

"Are you hurt?" Irene asked, her voice lower in order to try and deescalate their panic that hung heavy, "Do you know this man?" She hoped her words weren't lost like they had been during her near flight a few moments ago, "Who is he? Are you in trouble?" This girl is terrified, Irene thought, her heart aching as she watched her, realizing, once again, just how young she must be and wondering which one of them was actually a victim here.

#4 Irene Adler, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Alyssa likes this.
  5. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

She was grabbed by her shoulders and flung back hard enough that the backs of her knees hit the mattress, buckling her legs and forcing her to sit down with an undignified 'oomph'. "Crazy bitch!" the words spilled out before she could stop them, spurred by fear. Well, if she was going to die she might as well do her best to piss the woman off. Then maybe she'd get killed quick, right?

Except the stranger wasn't trying to hurt her. The woman's hands were up and she was speaking slowly and calmly. Alyssa stared, lips parted slightly, her breath fast and shallow. Okay so... this wasn't the dead guy's wife. Or was she trying to lure Alyssa into a false sense of security so she could hit her when she least expected?

She really wished James hadn't run off.

'Who is he? Are you in trouble?'

"Uh, no. I'm just covered in some bloke's blood 'cos that's what us kids do these days, yeah?" She retreated behind sarcasm like it was her shield. Her fingers twisted into the blood-soaked comforter. Her face was pale and her pupils were two times their normal size, making her eyes look dark and haunted. "Look, I'm sorry about the..." she trailed off, looking down at the bed and finally realizing that this was definitely not the same bed she'd laid down to sleep in. Slowly her eyes scanned the room, and her face went even whiter than it'd been before.

"Where the fuck am I?" Her voice came out more shrill than was dignified. Her chest started to feel too tight and she suddenly couldn't get enough air, panting through an open mouth as she fought to wrap her mind around whatever was going on.

Irene Adler likes this.
  6. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

There were a few tense moments but at least the girl was considering Irene’s words and not rushing off anymore. "Uh, no. I'm just covered in some bloke's blood 'cos that's what us kids do these days, yeah?" Irene gave her a look that a parent might for a child that talked back, but she recognized the accent right away. Yorkshire or somewhere near. Surrounded by so many Americans, it was rather refreshing to hear the girl speaking, but Irene didn’t dwell on it.

She straightened, trying to put the girl further at ease. "Look, I'm sorry about the..."

“It’s alright.” The girl was looking around and the truth hit Irene in a moment. This girl was a newly arrived Pandoran. Damn. This was not going not be an easy conversation.

"Where the fuck am I?"

She sighed, “You’re in my flat.” But then she saw that the girl was beginning to hyperventilate and Irene was no doctor, “You’re safe.” She took one step closer but was afraid to make her even worse off. Beckoning the girl to get up off the bloody bed and tried to get her to think of something else in order to calm down, “It’s alright, take a deep breath, come with me.” She motioned for them to leave the bedroom, to get out of the sight of the gory bed, “You should get out of those clothes. We'll get you cleaned up and I have something clean for you to put on, then we can talk, alright? But, let’s get out of here anyway.” Irene didn’t want to look at the scene anymore either and with a last longing look for the clean room that used to be, she opened her bedroom door that led to the rest of the flat.

#6 Irene Adler, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  7. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

50.1: write a post without using 'the'

You're safe.

Yeah fucking right.

Still, Alyssa could feel her breath slowing in response to Irene's calm voice. She hadn't answered Alyssa's question but she was talking about cleaning up and getting out of this bloody nightgown, something Alyssa was happy to focus on. Koch's blood was starting to feel really gross. It made her nightshirt stick to her skin. She felt a wave of nausea claw its way up her throat and swallowed hard, then exhaled a hiss of air between her lips. Her eyes were drawn back to Koch's body almost against her will and she quickly looked away again, her expression reflecting her turbulent emotions - disgust, fear, anger, more disgust.

You're safe.

She wasn't sure she trusted this stranger, but at least she was being let out of this bedroom without a fight. That was a positive thing, right? "Yeah... yeah, okay." She nodded for emphasis - yeah, this was totally okay, everything was fine, fucking splendid - and stood up, trying not to focus on how Koch's blood was all cold and sticky and her shirt was plastered against her belly and thighs. She stepped past Irene and into a strange hallway, trying not to focus on how this definitely was a different house. She paused there, turning to face this stranger who'd started out screaming and brandishing a letter opener at her.

"So are you gonna, like, have me arrested?" She tried to sound casual but she was definitely feeling skittish. Maybe she should just make a break for it now that she was out of that murder-room. She should find her dad. He'd know what to do.

Right?

Irene Adler likes this.
  8. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene decided she wasn’t going to let her leave bloody if she could help it, even if the girl did want to rush off. Walking around in a gory nightgown was sure to get her into trouble in Pandora and it was awfully cold outside. They left the room and Irene closed the door, banishing the nightmarish scene.

"So are you gonna, like, have me arrested?"

“Are you dangerous?” Irene asked without missing a beat, leading the girl to her guest room, “I won’t stop you if you run, but you’d do better for yourself if you got cleaned up and dressed in something appropriate for the weather. It’s cold outside.” Irene explained in case she had come from somewhere where it was a warmed season then.

“If you stay, I’ll explain where you are and what’s going on and help you unless you plan on hurting me.” She lifted an eyebrow, trying to gauge whether or not the girl was indeed planning to hurt her. She opened the door to her guest room. It was far smaller than her own, but there was a functional bathroom and shower, “I’ll get you some clothes unless you’d like to leave now. The door is that way.” Irene motioned down the hall toward her front door.

Alyssa likes this.
  9. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

She followed the woman down the hallway to another bedroom, hugging her arms tightly around herself and trying to ignore the way her nightshirt clung to her thighs as she walked, tried not to notice how her hair was plastered against her forehead and the side of her face. There was a flash of relief when the stranger said she wouldn't call the cops, even went on to say she'd lend Alyssa some clean clothes and stuff as long as she wasn't --

"What? God, no! I'm not a fucking psycho, okay?? She hugged her arms more tightly and tried not to look back toward the other room. "He was going to hurt me. He was hurting me and James--" she swallowed over her words, realising she was probably saying way too much. She shifted her weight and eyed the bathroom, already thinking about a hot shower, about scrubbing her skin until it was raw to make sure she got everything off of her.

"I'd like a shower," she went on in a rush, hoping her tirade hadn't scared the woman off helping her or - worse - made her decide to call the cops after all. "Please." Not a word Alyssa used very often, but that was how desperate she was to get Koch's blood off of her.

Irene Adler likes this.
  10. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"He was going to hurt me. He was hurting me and James--"

Irene stiffened a bit but the story made sense. The girl was obviously very freaked out, had no weapon, and she could believe this was a crime of self defense. Unfortunately, the Pandora gods decided to dump it all in her bed. She suppressed a sigh.

Irene nodded at the request for a shower, not blaming the girl one bit, "There are towels in the bathroom and I'll lay a few things out on the bed for you to wear. Take your time, I know you've had a fright." Irene walked away, still allowing her all the freedom to leave if she chose. Unfortunately, the clothes and her phone were in her bedroom.

Steeling herself, she opened the door again, snapped up her phone off the dresser and grabbed a soft sweater, some thermal leggings, and socks and her own clothes to change into before retreating again quickly. Rapidly walking in and out of the guest room, she placed the clothes on the bed and closed the door behind her. Irene got dressed in her living room, her black silk pants and a blue blouse and pointed flats.

Making her way to the kitchen to make tea, lord knows tea would be needed for this story, she texted James about getting rid of the body. Her bed was ruined, there was no getting around that. Sighing, she tapped the phone screen as the conversation progressed. At least James' clean up crew would be quick.

The tea whistled as the shower turned off.

#10 Irene Adler, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Alyssa likes this.
  11. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

She could have cried when the hot water first hit her and started washing the blood away. She'd found a loofah and scrubbed herself with it until her skin was red and raw. It was better, but not completely. She wasn't sure she'd ever feel clean again. When the water started to run cool she finally shut it off and got out, hurriedly putting on the clothes left for her. She was tempted just to run, but she wanted to know how she'd ended up in this strange flat and why. Plus she wouldn't get very far without money. Maybe there'd be a bit of cash lying around...

Alyssa walked into the kitchen as Irene was pouring the tea, her arms crossed low over her belly and her shoulders hunched a little, like she wished she could make herself small or disappear completely. "Um... Sorry about your lamp." Her eyes darted around the kitchen as she spoke, lingering on corners and shadows like she expected something to jump out at her. How the fuck had she even gotten here? None of this made any sense.

Was she going insane?

Irene Adler likes this.
  12. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"Um... Sorry about your lamp."

Well, that was progress, Irene thought, at least she wasn’t throwing one. It must have felt much less wretched in clean clothes and gave her a bit of time to replay what had happened and to consider Irene not a threat. Iren had noted that she wasn’t apologizing for a bloody mess in her bedroom, “It’s just a lamp, no real harm done.” Because you missed, she added in her head. A small setting had been prepared on her table. A few tea favorites but Irene hadn’t exactly been prepared for a guest. Still, they were British and tea made every awful truth go down more smoothly and Irene had a hell of a truth to tell.

“Have a seat, would you like some tea?” She offered, taking a seat herself, “I can explain everything to you.” That was obviously what this girl wanted. Irene remembered how she had felt when landing here unexplained, it was not pleasant and she understood needing answers, “Do you remember any black vines right before you ended up in my bed?” Her tone wasn’t casual, but quite serious. She was trying very hard to get across that this wasn’t a lie or practical joke.

Alyssa likes this.
  13. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

Slowly, like she still wasn't sure it was a good idea, Alyssa took a seat across from Irene. It occurred to her that she didn't even know this woman's name, but she was about to have tea and biscuits with her like they were regular bloody mates. She sat at the edge of her chair, one leg jittering up and down so fast it made her whole body shake a little. She didn't drink, just wrapped her hands around the mug and tried not to look like she was on the verge of bolting. She sure as hell wanted to.

The question wasn't what she'd expected, and Alyssa frowned. Then she remembered that she had definitely felt something wrap around her body, almost like a rope. Funny that she hadn't even realised until now. "I don't know... I felt something wrap around me but I didn't see what it was. What does that have to do with anything?" It wasn't said in a challenging way - she was genuinely confused.

This whole night was fucked.

14. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

What does that have to do with anything?"

Everything, Irene thought but didn't say, "I know you don't know me and have no reason to trust me, but I must tell you that you've been brought here by those vines, to a place called Pandora." Irene explained it as best she could to her fullest understanding. It was difficult and she was sure this girl didn't believe a word of it. Irene stood and opened the curtains that covered her balcony window to reveal the town that she wouldn't recognize. It was the only proof Irene had. Pandora Town had some odd traces of a London feel but was decidedly not London.

"This is Pandora Town." She turned back to the girl, "I came here in the same manner you did." Irene paused, "Well, not quite." She said meaningfully, "I was taken from London last spring." Not exactly the truth but she wasn't about to tell this girl she had been in hiding, that would certainly lead to distrust.

"I know this is all confusing and frustrating, but I can help you navigate it." She offered, "I'm Irene...Adler. Apologies for my lack of propriety, I am a bit rattled." There was a dead body in her flat after all, "I know you must have questions."

#14 Irene Adler, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Alyssa likes this.
  15. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

Her leg jittered up and down faster as Irene spoke, her hands wrapped so tightly around the mug that her knuckles blanched. She was trying to keep her face neutral, trying not to show the woman how fucking crazy she sounded and how Alyssa was seriously considering bolting for the door. Oh god, she really had been abducted. Or... Or maybe the police had discovered her and James and locked them up in some whacked out facility where they shot you up with hallucinogens to make you see shit just so they could fuck with your head.

That seemed way more fucking plausible than some magical black vines pulled you into a different world.

Her eyes darted briefly toward the window, taking in the glimpse of unfamiliar buildings. She swallowed over bile and fear, trying really hard not to look totally freaked out. She sort of succeeded... Except her pupils were two sizes too big and her face was so pale that every freckle stood out in sharp relief against her white skin.

"Um... Can I use the loo?" A sudden question, sure, but the woman would hopefully just think that Alyssa needed a minute to compose herself. In reality, she wanted to get the fuck out of there as soon as she could.

16. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The girl was clearly becoming more agitated, but Irene had no idea how else to lay out the facts other than bluntness. Lying to her would hardly do any good. Irene stayed put since it looked as if fight or flight was setting into the girl’s brain and Irene had no desire to have another household item lobbed at her head, “Do you want to lie down awhile. I’m going to get the body removed, you won’t be in any trouble, I assure you. You’re safe.”

"Um... Can I use the loo?"

“Of course,” Irene said immediately, motioning down the hall. It was clear the girl needed a few minutes to freak out by herself and she could hardly blame her, “It’s the door down the hall, the one after the guest room.” She told her, her voice soft and understanding.

Alyssa likes this.
  17. Alyssa

Alyssa Guest

Irene was being so nice, but that didn't mean shit, did it? Lots of people were nice and more often than not it turned out to be a way to take advantage. Like that fucking creep at the diner, trying to get James to jack him off in the bathroom. Alyssa'd fucking known there was something off about him. So as nice as Irene was being, Alyssa didn't trust her for a fucking second. In fact, the nicer Irene was and the more she tried to help, the more suspicious Alyssa felt.

Plus, her story was insane. The lady was clearly off her rocker.

She stood and walked to the hallway, half-turning toward the bathroom and realising that it was in the complete opposite direction of the door. Oh, fucking hell - she'd have to make a break for it and hope she was faster than Irene. After only a split second of hesitation Alyssa abruptly bolted for the door, pausing just long enough to snatch up the pair of boots sitting beside it. Then she was gone, making a beeline for the building's exit. She glanced over her shoulder now and then for any sign of pursuit. She'd fucking scream if the lady tried to chase her down. Scream loud enough to wake everyone else in the building.

Irene Adler likes this.
  18. Irene Adler

Irene Adler BBC Sherlock

Dominatrix
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Irene watched with only slightly raised eyebrows and mild surprise as Alyssa scrammed. With a sigh and a shifting of weight in her chair, Irene did not move otherwise. It occurred to her, as the teenager grabbed her boots, that she would have likely purchased new boots for her to help out the Pandora newbie. Gingerly picking up a biscuit, Irene dipped it in her tea as the door closed behind the retreating girl.

She was out a pair of boots, a bed, a sweater, leggings, and socks and now had to clean up a dead body. With an expressionless face, she picked up her phone and texted for James’ guy who would do the cleaning up for her…for a price.

Alyssa likes this.