By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private In-hospital-ble

Discussion in 'Pandopolis City' started by Cloud Strife, May 24, 2019.

1. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife Final Fantasy

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    May 11th, 11:30pm, Pandora town hospital, emergency care wing.

@Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Ever feel something was so off that you absolutely had to investigate, even if it would get you into trouble?

That was the feeling that had gripped Cloud after his trip to the hospital. The mercenary's evening had started with him bringing people to the hospital after helping subdue a gang fight involving unauthorized magic. Then it moved onto waiting due to the fact that some of the staff asked Cloud to stay to help out with security. Then more waiting, with a quick nap in between.

After several hours had past and the night was well on its way, that was when Cloud started to notice things that were out of place. While he was no detective by any stretch of the imagination he was pretty good at keeping track of faces and sizing up people. Normally in a place like a hospital you got used to seeing some sort of routine like the young transporter had for the first few hours. Now however things seemed...Inconsistent. It was like a lot of faces were suddenly showing up and the routine Cloud had been paying attention to as a means of keeping away boredom had suddenly gone away. That alone was enough to slightly get his attention.

Then a doctor that showed up through the ER entryway suddenly came in and the mercenary saw the unmistakable bump of a weapon holster under the man's arm. Big enough that it was likely some kind of handgun. While Mr. Strife was no medical expert, he was pretty goddamn sure doctors didn't bring a guns to work. Even in a place that could be as hardcore as Pandora. Strife wasn't going to sit still anymore. This required looking into. Yeah it might get him into a bit of trouble if one of the real (or fake) hospital staff caught him, but he was more than equipped to handle himself as the case was. After all he could quite literally summon sword(s) out of thin air so it wasn't like he was going anywhere unarmed either.

When he saw that none of the "staff" were looking, the young mercenary quietly slipped through a pair of double doors and into an intensive care area. Moving from door to door, he started checking and was noticing a very disturbing trend: despite the rooms seeming to be treated as if they were occupied, all of the ones he checked were empty as if the patient in them had suddenly just vanished.

Worse still, he didn't realize he was about to run into someone else who might have been just as suspicious as he was, and had plenty of reason to suspect a man dressed in all black as being hostile...

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret likes this.
  2. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret Final Fantasy

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    People came in and out of Pandora without warning all the time. Sometimes, patients simply disappeared from their examination tables. Once, Luna had a patient actually appear in her office, confused and disoriented like every other new arrival. Even the staff at the hospital were not immune to this sudden disappearance. Yet, the rate at which patients went missing had steadily increased. On top of that, Luna's own encounter with kidnappers recently made her suspicions grow. Was someone targeting patients?

Luna was, by no means, a detective. The best she could do was keep an eye out while she made her rounds or try to slip away during breaks to snoop things out. Half the time, she ended up getting called back anyways because of a code violet, a code green, or a code orange. Not exactly the best conditions for an investigation. The other half the time, Luna's failing body took over, forcing her to stay on break just so she could catch her breath.

Hours into her long and arduous shift of the night, Luna finally got her chance. "I'm taking my break." Luna announced to one of the nurses as she stepped out of the ER.

"Good. You work yourself too hard dearie. One of these days, you'll end up a patient." The nurse replied. Luna smiled.

"Then I pray that day shall never come." Luna waved and headed for her office. However, once any prying eyes were off her, she headed for the ICU. It meant taking the long way around, but at least no one saw her come in. Or so she hoped.

Luna wasn't really sure what to expect. A whole lot of empty rooms, no nurses, and false charts was not it. Nor was the man dressed in black. Luna stopped in the middle of the hallway, her eyes cold and hard as she stood with all the confidence of someone who actually belonged there. "Who are you?" She demanded, her voice soft but filled with obvious suspicion.

Cloud Strife likes this.
  3. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Uh oh.

As Cloud found himself investigating the sudden disappearance of patients he was discovered by another individual: An average-height blonde doctor (judging by her coat) who seemed to be making the rounds. Well shit. Guess he was going to have to work on his stealth skills. In the meantime he needed to figure out how he was going to not get alarms raised by the said doctor.

"Who are you?!"

"I'm the janitor?" Cloud replied in about one of the most confused and least convincing tones that one could possibly imagine. Okay, strike two. Now he was hoping the woman didn't just straight up deck him. Or light him on fire. Or any other number of possible abilities she could possibly have because this was Pandora and life hated Cloud sometimes. As the mercenary was about to make a break for it to try and escape he saw someone come out of a nearby room that he was about to investigate. A man dressed in scrubs. More importantly he had a goddamn silenced assault rifle in his grasp.

Cloud didn't take any chances: he was not about to ask the nice armed man if he was one of the good guys or the bad guys. Since this was a hospital chances were if he was a good guy there was no real reason for him to be armed with a goddam silence rifle. Seeing as how his job would have been to save people instead of shoot them.

The mercenary acted somewhat on reflex: his hand reached onto a nearby tray for something to throw at the man before he didn't notice them. When Cloud's hand found the handle of something weighty he quickly utilized his good ole SOLDIER training (even if he technically was a dropout) and threw the object like a knife straight for the man. A blur of silver spun through the air as whatever it was accellerated toward the armed individual. He turned to face the flying object at the last possible split second before a loud thwack sound filled the air and the armed fake hosptial staff dropped to the ground like a sack of sand, the rifle dropping to the ground next to him.

The object that cloud had thrown, a small plastic percussive hammer, dropped to the floor with a clacking sound.

"...What do you put in those tiny doctor hammers?" the mercenary inquired after an awkward pause. At that point he realized it might be a good idea to try and defuse the situation before he gave the young lady the option of shooting him as another method of dealing with Cloud "Fake Janitor" Strife.

"Okay, before you go for that rifle: I'm not your enemy." Cloud quickly explained as he approached the downed man in scrubs and started checking him. Yep. He was unconscious alright. If nothing else it was one hell of an impact from that little pink plastic and metal hammer. "I'm Cloud and I guess you could say I kind of just got curious looking into this before you caught me. Are you a member of the actual hospital staff? The ones whose job it is to not shoot people?"

4. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The look Luna gave him wasn't just scathing, it clearly said "Do I look stupid to you?" Luna wouldn't believe he was a janitor in this hospital even if all Six came down and told her so. Even if he didn't sound like he was blatantly grabbing for the first piss poor idea that popped into his head, Luna knew what the cleaning staff looked like. He was not it.

Before Luna had the chance to question the man further, someone emerged from one of the rooms. Although he was dressed like one of the staff, not only did Luna not recognize him, but the gun was a dead giveaway. This man was an intruder as well. What was going on?

The man in black acted a lot faster than Luna. He reached for a reflex hammer and knocked the armed man unconscious with a quick throw to the head. Luna hurried forward, kicking the rifle away from the unconscious gunman.

"I don't know," she admitted. "I'm a healer, not a doctor."

One gunman down, one suspicious stranger left to go. Luna turned her full attention back to the man in black. Although, Luna was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after his most recent actions. Even so, she watched him carefully. "I don't need the gun." Luna stated plainly.

"Lunafreya. As I said before, I'm employed as a healer at this hospital. Why are you back here? Where are the patients?"

5. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Well if nothing else she was honest.

When she said she wouldn't need the gun to take care of him Cloud believed her: Usually when someone tried to bluff you with something like that there would be some kind of tell. A way that might give away that they were exaggerating or deceiving. This woman had none of that. In fact Cloud got the faint hint that despite her appearance she was not an individual to be trifled with. Well if nothing else he was glad that she was on his side for the moment.

"I was here helping transport patients to the hospital after a massive fight broke out earlier. I stayed for a few hours because the staff asked me to...Then I started to notice the staff rotating out or disappearing one by one. I'm not a medical expert but things just seemed off. I spotted a doctor coming in packing heat under his coat and that's when I got suspicious and decided to start looking around." Cloud explained.

"Whoever these guys are, they're pretty damn good. They were right in front of me most of the time and it still took me awhile to notice they were pulling something. Unless its the slow season around here its pretty obvious they're taking staff and patients." the mercenary stated rhetorically.

"Look, I don't mean to seem like an ass...But this is about to get pretty dangerous. These guys are playing for keeps and chances are if they find you they're gonna try to kidnap you. Or worse. You should lock yourself in one of these rooms and see if you can contact the authorities. I'll mosey on over and do what I do best: ruin their day." Strife mused, a mischievous half-smile spreading across his features at the thought.

Little did he realize he was gonna have more of a fight on his hands with that suggestion then the fight he was gonna have trying to take down the evil mooks invading the hospital...

6. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    He's like Prompto.

Luna couldn't help that errant thought. It wasn't the way he spoke. Gods no. Prompto was a lot happier and had more energy to him. This man seemed sadder. More soft spoken. He carried a weight around with him. What it might be, Luna couldn't tell. It's just... he looked a lot like Prompto. They were about the same height and had the same silly chocobo hair. Although, this man looked a little bit more like a chocobo after the rain. Plus they both talked a lot.

The man's explanation satisfied Luna. Between his actions, words, and admittedly his resemblance to Prompto, Luna found herself believing his words to be sincere enough. Although his attempts to sideline her were less than appreciated. "I've noticed something off myself. Not just today. If someone unsavory has worked their way into this hospital, I will not stand idly by."

Luna turned and began to walk, expecting the man to follow. "There are cameras all over this hospital. If we can get to the security office, we might be able to weed out the culprits and discover the location of the victims."

Cloud Strife likes this.
  7. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    This woman certainly reminded Cloud of someone he knew, that was for sure.

The way she said what she wanted to do and stuck with it, politely going on her own path regardless of whatever anyone said. Yeah that certainly was familiar to say the least. It reminded him of someone whom had gotten him into a lot of trouble throughout his journey. In spite of that she had been someone who was very important to Cloud. Perhaps the most important person in Cloud's life.

Someone he tried to not think about at the moment.

Following Luna as she hurried down the hall, Cloud found himself now being the one tagging along. He couldn't argue with her logic but was it really the wisest decision for her to take point? Well there wasn't really any way to argue with her while she was power walking like that. All Cloud could do was keep up. Thankfully it didn't take long to reach the security office.

Which was unlocked and occupied by a fake security officer with another gun. Thankfully the man was distracted trying to fix something long enough for Cloud to sneak up behind him and knock him out (after managing to keep Luna from barging in and possibly doing something far worse to the individual). At that point the mercenary started scanning the monitors and looking for any suspicious activity. Thankfully it was pretty easy to find. In the cargo area where large trucks dropped off supplies for the hospital, men dressed in military uniforms seemed to be putting unconscious individuals into large, rectangular containers just large enough to contain an unconcious humanoid individual. They then seemed to be putting them into the back of a large semi-trailer that had been parked in one of the bays of the truck garage.

"Always wondered what the postal service would do to people if they had a chance for revenge." Cloud joked in a somewhat sardonic manner. "Alright, lets go postal on some kidnappers."

--------------------[5 minutes later]--------------------​

A few minutes later, Cloud had followed Luna to the cargo area where the truck bays were located. Outside a large pair of open double doors Cloud saw a number of individuals helping set up and load the containers of the unconscious individuals. There were about ten in total, and only two were armed with firearms. The rest seemed to be armed with melee weapons, if only to not have guns interfere with their work.

"Ten guys. Two firearms, eight melee....I think we can take em. You up for this?" Cloud inquired to Luna one last time. It may have been a redundant question, but he needed to be sure Luna was ready to throw down before he actually dragged her into what was gonna be a brawl.

8. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Luna was less than thrilled to find that the security officer had been replaced. The man that normally worked there was always nice to her. He made sure she wasn't disturbed in her breaks. Whenever he did rounds at night, he asked how she was doing and sometimes brought her little treats. Something his daughter made, he said. Luna just prayed that he was alright.

Although Luna took charge to lead them around, she knew enough to step back and let Cloud do his thing. He quickly dispatched the fake guard. Once Cloud started going over the footage, Luna chose to follow at least one of his previous directions. She pulled out her phone and dialed the police. Luna spoke in a hushed tone, holding her hand over the receiver as she reported the situation. The dispatcher wanted her to stay on the line, but she politely hung up when Cloud found what they were looking for. His poor taste joke earned him an eye roll (even if said eye roll came with a smile).

"Agreed."

Getting to the loading bay was easy. They met with no resistance. Once they arrived though, it became a different story entirely. Luna scanned the area with a frown. While she had a few more lessons under her belt thanks to the combined efforts of Nyx and Ignis, that didn't make her a fighter. Not like that was going to stop her. Luna held her palm out and her trident appeared in her hand.

"Pryna. Umbra." She called softly. Both the black and white dog appeared behind her, tails wagging and acting like they'd been there all along. "My dogs could create a distraction. That will allow us to each target one of the rifled men." Luna glanced over at Cloud, her expression clearly showing she was deferring to his expertise. If he had a better plan, she'd follow it without question.

9. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cloud had to admit Luna had courage and a decent mind for things but she didn't seem to have a lot of experience with tactics. That was fine: Judging by how she handled a trident he could tell that the young woman had some experience with melee combat and could hold her own, especially with two dogs to back her up. If there was any one thing Pandora had taught him it was to never judge a book by its cover. While those dogs did look really damn cute the mercenary had an hunch they could kick some serious ass. Still there was no reason to put them in any unnecessary danger.

"its a brave idea, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. While it would get their attention, those two guys don't have silencers. If they open fire everyone in the next few halls is going to come running. The more shots they fire, the more likely a shot will ricochet and hit one of those containers. It might injure one of their prisoners or worse. Cloud commented. It was about at this point he was wishing he had grabbed that rifle the guy had dropped from earlier, though he still had doubts that it could have fully solved the situation.

"I'll initiate and take out those riflemen. Once I do that should get the rest of em to fight. The instant I take out the riflemen you go all in. If you can, have your buddies either go after anyone that flees or tries to call for backup if they can manage. Otherwise have them cover you." Cloud explained. At that point he gave Luna a silent countdown from 3 so she could know when he was going.

The instant that "0" would have come, Cloud bolted forward, keeping surprisingly low and moving with very impressive speed. Speed that a normal person would not have been able to pull off. Having been modified to be a clone of the ultimate SOLDIER had its perks, and the mercenary was putting them to use. The two riflemen were about thirty or so feet away and Cloud closed the distance in frightening speed.

The instant he got close the two men finally seemed to recognize something was threatening them and turned to face it. By that point it was too late: Cloud had summoned the massive First Tsurugi and swung the back of its blade at the two men. The sheer size and weight of the blade combined with the superhuman force behind it struck the men's midsection, instantly rendering the men unconcious and sending them flying into a nearby wall with a loud thud.

At that point the chaos started. The other men reacted with almost military efficiency, drawing various bladed weapons as they started rushing in. To any normal person the rush of combat would have been chaotic to say the least, but for Cloud it was almost automatic: Fighting was in his blood. His movements and techniques precise and skilled akin to that of a master swordsman, he wielded the roughly 90+ pound weapon in his hands like it was far smaller than it was. Four men had attempted to attack him, and he had rendered them unconscious with ease.

He then turned his attention to the other four, which he assumed had gone to attack Luna. The mercenary steeled his muscles and readied himself to jump into combat again should he be needed....

10. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Sure enough, Cloud had a better idea. It was to be expected though. Cloud clearly had a lot of experience with this kind of thing. Luna wondered about his background. A soldier or mercenary perhaps? Maybe a Crownsguard. No... probably not a guard. He seemed too crass.

"I'll do my best." Luna didn't bother relaying the orders to Pryna and Umbra. They could understand Cloud just fine. Umbra prepared to run. Pryna shuffled a little closer, ready to follow Luna. Tension in the room thickened as they all watched Cloud's silent countdown.

3. Luna's fingers tightened around her staff.

2. Umbra crouched, his ear flicking as he listened to the men inside move about.

1. Pryna's hackles rose.

0. Cloud burst through the door and took out the two armed guards with such speed and efficiency that Luna barely had time to register what was going on. Umbra rushed through the doors first. One of the men started to reach for a walkie talkie. The black dog leapt into the air, teeth curling around the man's arm. He screamed. Growls ripped through the loading bay.

Luna followed with Pryna at her heels. The two of them charged one of the men, knocking him unconscious with several strikes from her trident. Turning towards the man who struggled with Umbra, Luna cried, "Pryna!" The white dog rushed forward, jumping and hitting the man square in the chest. He and Umbra tumbled backwards. THUNK! One concussion later and the man was out. Two more remained.

The pair circled Luna, weapons raised as they spouted profanities and jeers at her. Luna held fast, her gaze sharp. Pryna and Umbra appeared at her side, growling and angry. A golden glow appeared around Luna as she summoned her magic. All of the sudden, Pryna began to whine. Pryna's gaze was no longer on the men, but on Luna. Worry lingered in her blue gaze.

"Very well." Luna let her magic dissipate. The glow receded and Luna charged one of the men, only to have her strike blocked hard enough to send her stumbling back. Pryna and Umbra did their best to keep the other man from attacking as well.

11. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    So far, so good. Seemed like things were going well.

For what he knew of Luna so far she was handling herself pretty well: when you didn't have the kind of experience and training that Cloud did fighting multiple opponents was a difficult task. Especially if you weren't used to it. The dogs were pretty damn good at dealing with the radios and stuff too. For being cute they sure seemed to have a knack for kicking ass. That left two guys attempting to figure out how to attack Luna, standing there and jeering at her. Well for being professionals they certainly lacked skill that much was for sure. They had sloppy posture, and were clearly distracted.

It was time to show them just how badly they would pay for showing their back to an (sort of) ex-SOLDIER.

Clouds movement was again skilled and fast: the roughly 80+ pound greatsword not affecting his movement in the slightest as he closed the distance. Cloud stopped almost perfectly behind the two men as they stood close enough together that he could still get them both with the same techninque.

"Got you."

In a flash of four consecutive cuts, a glowing golden symbol ( 凶 ) was sliced into the air that the two men occupied. The men were completely stopped in place as the attacks took place and the symbol took shape. Finally in a flash of light the two men simply fell over, instantly incapacitated. Cloud looked over to Luna for a moment as he scanned the area.

"Nice work. Alright lets see if we can get this cargo area locked down. Once the authorities show up to help clear the building we can start-"

Cloud's hearing caught a strange sound: a loud clicking sound like the sound of something being loaded. Cloud's attentiveness directed his attention to that of the very doorway that the two had come through. It was then he saw motion as a large, armored figure came out of cover, carrying a weapon a large as he was.

Shit.

That was a rocket launcher.

Cloud did not enjoy getting caught off guard by something like that. It was not his own safety he was concerned for though. Luna was extremely close to him at the moment: close enough that even a small blast would have her and the dogs caught in it with relative ease. Cloud might still be in fighting condition, but he had no idea if Luna and her dogs would survive. That also wasn't counting the stacked people in crates that likely had minimal protection as well.

So Cloud did what a SOLDIER would have done.

Moving over, he used a powerful shoulder push to try and knock Luna to the ground. She might not understand exactly what happened and it might be a bit jarring, but Cloud knew if it worked she would have a low profile and would likely be in a lot less danger from the blast. With that out of the way Cloud rushed forward directly toward the man with the weapon, hoping that the sight of a high-speed warrior with a giant sword would force him to fire a panic shot directly at him. Sure enough it did. The mercenary saw the large armored figure adjust his sights slightly and let loose the projectile right at Cloud.

Now came the painful part.

Cloud couldn't dodge the projectile, otherwise it likely would have just crashed into some of the crates and the blast would have still hit Luna and anyone else. He was going to have to block it. As crazy as it sounded it was actually a viable strategy but it wasn't a fun one. Holding up the First Tsurugi and quickly activating a Barrier spell to mitigate the incoming force, Cloud steeled himself.

And got a nasty surprise.

The rocket didn't explode into a blast of fire, but instead simply detonated into a small, highly focused blast of pure magic concussive force. It wasn't a standard rocket at all but some kind of focused, high-powered concussive rocket. The barrier that would have helped protect Cloud from the blast was shredded by the sheer force of the initial impact. Its effectiveness was hardly what it would have been against a normal rocket.

The rest of the blast hit the blocking mercenary with full force. Even against his extremely powerful defensive stance Cloud was blasted off his feet and sent flying backwards with no way to control his momentum. While the initial damage had been only moderate, it wasn't the real threat at this point: the "landing" was.

The mercenary flew across the large cargo room and slammed into a concrete wall, leaving a sizable cracked impression with a loud slam. Cloud let out a loud groan of agony at the point of impact before he quickly fell to the floor, landing in a slightly stunned state.

Ugh...Almost had it. Stupid off-brand rockets. the mercenary joked to himself in thought as he quickly focused on trying to regain his composure and get back to fully being on his feet. The fact that he was even able to get up was incredible to say the least. Something that his opponent was quick to note.

"Holy shit, you actually survived that? Haha wow. That's pretty amazing." The armored man joked, his voice distorted in a mechanical fashion by his suit. "Lets make this into a game: I'll toss, you catch." he said with an almost sinister undertone to his voice.

Buddy, you do not wanna know what I am gonna do with that rocket launcher once I get my hands on you. Cloud commented to himself in thought as he spat a little bit of blood onto the floor.

For now he hoped Luna was okay and prepared himself to make that rocket-launcher man very, very miserable.

---------------------------------------

Armored soldier concept idea 1 , Part 2

12. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Although Cloud initially reminded her of Prompto, his fighting style was closer to Noct's. Flashy and full of magic. Luna inclined her head in thanks. She could show proper appreciation once the patients were seen to.

"They are people, not cargo." Luna chided, not entirely realizing why Cloud stopped talking in the first place. It took her a second to realize his attention had shifted towards the door. She started to follow his line of sight when all of the sudden, he shoved her to the ground. Luna cried out in both pain and surprise. She tumbled, hitting the concrete floor hard. Her elbow and leg scraped painfully against the unforgiving floor. The trident clattered loudly, sliding a little ways away.

"Cloud wha-" Finally, she saw it. The man with the rocket launcher fired and Luna flattened herself against the floor, covering her neck and head with her hands as best she could. Even then, the concussive force of the blast battered her. Her ears rang and she could feel some bruises already starting to form. Luna's focus wasn't on herself though. It was on Cloud. His pained groaned caused Luna to bolt upright. Even if he was speaking, Luna knew he had to be hurting, if not in a serious state.

Cloud and the rocket man exchanged banter, but Luna was done. They'd come to her hospital. Harmed her patients. Kidnapped her coworkers. Grabbing her trident, Luna stood once more. A surge of magic passed through her, coating herself and the weapon in golden light. She raised the trident into the air, bringing the spear like end down with a loud bang as she commanded, "Enough!" A concussive wave of magic launched towards the armored man, sending him flying into the wall and knocking loose some of his armor plating. Luna wasn't done though. She walked over with all the fury of a goddess.

Trying to get his wits about him, the armor man pulled out sword to face Luna. She lunged at him several times, some of her strikes hitting home while others missed or were blocked. Each attack left a shimmering copy of Luna, frozen in time at the moment when her trident hit its target. At least a dozen of them formed before Luna stepped back and the shimmering clones erupted in a blast strong enough to knock him unconscious and leave him in a state worse than Cloud's. A lot worse.

Luna ignored the surge of pain in her body as it screamed in protest. She had more important things to take care of. Taking the briefest moment to compose herself, Luna headed back over to Cloud with worry written all over her face. "Where are you hurt?"

Cloud Strife likes this.
  13. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Damn. That was actually pretty awesome.

Cloud hadn't guessed that Luna could have pulled something off like that, but sure enough she layed that armored man out like he was just a punching bag waiting to be knocked down. Whatever that was it was impressive: the mercenary had honestly never seen a trick like that and he'd seen a lot of things. Like guys turning into behemoth beasts and a middle-aged guy with a spear call in an airship strike.

During the encounter Cloud took a second to regain his composure, sense of balance and get the ringing in his ears to stop. it wasn't a bad ringing all things considering but he couldn't afford to have any of his senses compromised too heavily. Though sheer force of will and grit Cloud forced himself to his feet.

"Where are you hurt?" Luna inquired.

"I just stood in front of a rocket... I hurt everywhere. I hurt in places I didn't know existed." Cloud reflexively joked in his usual snarkiness. Yeah even when he just got a rocket to the face Cloud always had the energy to be sarcastic. After getting that out of his system he gave Luna more the answer she was looking for.

"Don't worry about me. I bounce back fast and I can patch myself up." the mercenary stated, reaching for his belt and fumbling around for a small vial filled with a glowing-blue liquid. Thank god for potions: it wouldn't fix everything but it would at least put him back in fighting condition. "More importantly are you injured? Here, you drink first." Strife inquired, offering over the potion for Luna to drink if she needed it before him.

Thus far it seemed like they had a brief moment of respite. Cloud wouldn't argue with that.

14. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Luna sighed with relief. If he was well enough to make jokes, then his life likely wasn't immediatly on the line. That didn't mean he was in clear though. Still, if one had to take a rocket launcher blow, Cloud couldn't have picked a better place to do it.

"It's my job to worry." Luna chided him lightly. She took the vial from Cloud, instantly recognizing it for what it was, and pocketed it. At least it would help with some of her bruising. Not the massive amounts of pain and searing agony her body currently demanded she addressed, but there was no helping that. Luna simply pushed it aside to be dealt with later. Once she was done with Cloud and saw to the patients, she could take the potion he gave her. Then and only then.

Reaching up, Luna cradled Cloud's face in her hands. That soft, golden glow returned to her palms once more. Gently, she tilted his head downward and rose up onto her toes so that their foreheads were touching. Luna's radiant light emanated from where they touched. "Blessed stars of life and light," she prayed, "deliver us from darkness blight."

Luna's magic spread through Cloud, healing his pains and injuries. It wasn't a fast process, and he'd be sore for several days, but it was done. Forcing herself to smile, she released Cloud and stepped away. "I'm afraid my magic may not be as quick as a potion and you may feel some discomfort. However, it is far more effective and this is the least I could do. Thank you, Cloud."

Cloud Strife likes this.
  15. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cloud watched as Luna took the potion and pocketed it. Did she miss the part where he asked her to drink it? Man she really did move to her own beat, that much Cloud was certain of beyond any doubt. Still at least she took it and pocketed it for now.

"It works better if you drink-" Cloud began, his voice trailing off as Luna's hands came up and held his face. He was going to say something about drinking the potion but the young healer had found a way to shut him up from that. Cloud didn't move as he felt a sort of strange warmth from Luna's hands. Different. Comforting. It was an experience unlike anything the mercenary had ever felt before.

As Luna brought up her forehead to his Cloud felt his face grow hot, and it certainly wasn't the healing doing that. He was a guy so he couldn't help but jump to conclusions sometimes. He was (somewhat) glad that what he thought was going to happen didn't happen though. As interesting as that would have been it also would have made it difficult for the normally pretty level Cloud to deal with.

Shes healing you Cloud. Don't get the wrong idea. He reminded himself.

When she pulled away and Cloud felt the effect finish the mercenary could at least tell if he was blushing before it was 90% gone now. Moving his neck slightly and shifting his shoulders Cloud realized that not only had his injuries healed, but his condition had actually improved. He felt looser and more aware and the feeling in his ears was completely gone. It would have taken one hell of a healing effect to pull something like that off. Not even things like Elixirs could do that from Cloud's experience. Looking back, Cloud's glowing light-blue eyes looking back into Luna's with a sort of pleasant surprise.

"...Thanks." Cloud said. His tone sincere and genuine. "You sure your ok? Your looking kinda pale."

16. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Touching her patient's forehead with hers was normal for Luna, as was the blush that sometimes accompanied her gesture. She'd seen it before. Luna made sure to politely ignore Cloud's red cheeks. After all, the gesture could be considered intimate by some. Instead, she smiled and let himself do a self check with his dignity and body intact.

His eyes were like Noct's, a vibrant blue. Yet, she could see a magical shine in them. They glowed softly the way Pryna and Umbra's eyes sometimes did. Beautiful.

Cloud's question caught Luna a little off guard. She put her hand on her chest, feeling her fluttering heartbeat as it tried to deal with the stress her magic caused. "Yes," Luna said in the most convincing tone she could muster. "Just a little tired. This is a lot more fighting than I'm used to. Besides, I'm worried about the others." Luna gestured towards the containers. The police couldn't be far away, but she wanted to hurry up and help the victims.

The last thing Luna wanted was for Cloud to continue asking questions about her, so she didn't really wait for him to reply. Instead, she headed for the nearest container and started examining it. There had to be a way to open it safely.

Cloud Strife likes this.
  17. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cloud watched as Luna went for one of the containers with a person in it and started to work on opening it. Looking it over, he saw that there was a sort of keycard slot located on part of the container. At the same time Cloud heard some radio chatter come over the radio, causing him to snatch one of the devices off an unconcious attacker: it was brief and quiet. He only barely heard it but got the gist of the message. From what cloud could hear it sounded like the attackers were meeting on the roof to try and make some kind of retreat.

"One of these guys should have a keycard on them. It should open all these up. I'm gonna head to the roof and see if I can cut them off before they can escape. The police will be here any second: you stay here and make sure one of em doesn't double back and try to steal that truck. Wait here!" Cloud ordered. Yeah Luna was probably not going to like that, but seeing as given the situation they needed to split up.

Before he could give Luna time to argue, Cloud bolted for one of the doors. Yeah, Luna was not going to be happy, but this was the best way to handle it for the time being.

---------------45 minutes later---------------​

Damn.

While things had managed to go smoothly and Cloud had gotten to the roof, some of the enemies had managed to get away. Thankfully the police had arrived and secured the area. A few questions later and Cloud found himself back in the cargo area. He was going to now have to face the most difficult task of the entire night...

Talking to Luna again and apologizing for the sudden departure. Luna was thankfully still in the cargo area, and things seemed to have gone smoothly. He wasn't sure how she was going to appreciate him running off like he did earlier, so Cloud was going to start with the obvious.

"...Sorry about that. You ok? How did things go down here?"

18. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Luna didn't argue this time. As much as she disliked being sidelined (it reminded her too much of Insomnia) the devision of labor made sense in this case. Her patients needed her. The victims had to be Luna's first priority. Cloud could handle the others well enough on his own. "Alright. Try not to get injured again."

While Cloud rushed to the roof, Luna began rifling through one of the unconscious men's pockets until she found the key card Cloud described. "There you are." Proudly victorious, she opened the first pod just as the wailing sirens of the police cars came into view.

Luna spent the next fifteen minutes coordinating with the police and her untouched coworkers (who she had to vouch for) to release the victims and get them into the ER where they could be properly examined. Everything was running like clockwork. Nurses rolled gurneys in to help transfer the patients from pods to waiting rooms. EMTs checked vitals of everyone as well. Luna could still feel the weight of the potion in her pocket and wanted nothing more than to take it and go lie down. She ignored that desire.

Cloud's return was not unexpected. Luna turned to him and bowed. "It is time I properly thanked you. I could not have saved everyone without your help." Rising, Luna gave Cloud a tired smile. "The police are here. The criminals will be behind bars soon enough. Everyone is getting the care they need. What of yourself?"

19. Cloud Strife

Transporter/Mercenary
    Race:
    Enhanced Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    It seemed Luna wasn't as upset as Cloud thought she might be. That was good, though he would have completely understood if she had been. Standing aside was never an easy thing, sometimes it was even harder than actually fighting. That was something that Cloud himself was still very much on a path to realizing, if tonight's rocket-to-the-face had taught him anything.

"Your welcome, Luna. Don't sell yourself short though: You certainly kicked that rocket guys ass." Cloud said in a lighter note. "While things are going well here unfortunately the jobs not done. Some of those guys on the roof got away. They had some very serious contingency plans in place. Good to know we saved the patients and your friends on the staff." Cloud explained. As he continued his voice quieted and he made sure no one was too close: He didn't exactly want anyone but Luna to hear what was happening next.

"...With that said this was way too clean. These goons had plans in place in case something like this happened. I should've been running into em left and right after we split but the damn place was empty, Like they just vanished into thin air. Way too many things don't make sense here. I'm gonna track down the guys that fled and get some answers. I get the feeling that the police won't find em. intentionally or otherwise. " Cloud explained in a hushed tone. He knew it was a bit of a dangerous implication, but given the circumstances it just seemed to fit. How the hell would a group like that have been able to pull off something like this without anyone noticing? Without the police or law enforcement suspecting something beforehand? How long had something like this been going on? There were a lot of pieces missing out of this particular puzzle that made Cloud hesitant to trust someone like the police to fill them in for him.

"Don't worry about though, I've got it under control. How are you holding up? No offense, but you look tired enough to be a wheel salesman." Cloud joked.

20. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Luna smiled at Cloud's uncouth description of her assistance. Thankfully, he failed to pick up on just how much kicking 'rocket guy's ass' took out of her. If she had any say in it, she'd keep it that way. A few of the hospital employees who'd heard about her through rumors tossed a glance at her here and there, but she ignored them. Luna's focus was on Cloud's report. It wasn't good. A frown etched into her features as worry clawed at her stomach. With the perpetrators still in the wind there would be more victims. It was just a matter of time. At least they had saved some people.

"Yes. By the grace of the gods and your bravery, they are safe." Luna clasped her hands together, offering a quick and silent prayer to the gods; both in Eos and Pandora.

Cloud's intention to continue tracking down the criminals both surprised and impressed Luna. A lot about Cloud impressed her. Not everything, but more than enough. His sense of justice and dedication to helping those in need for one. Then there was his sense of humor. Luna couldn't help but chuckle at his joke. "I'm fine," She smoothly lied. "Simply tired. I'm just not used to combat."

Luna grabbed a piece of paper from nearby and scribbled her full name and phone number onto it. She pressed the paper into Cloud's hand and held it there, refusing to allow him to reject it. "My duties keep me here and I loathe that I cannot help you in your upcoming search. Even so, please keep me apprised of your progress. Do not hesitate to ask for assistance."

Cloud Strife likes this.