By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Inclined to tell you about myself!

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by InclinedToServe, Nov 14, 2017.

1. InclinedToServe

InclinedToServe Leaning Towards Obedience

Student

InclinedToServe

Innocently Abrasive

About MeHello there! I'm InclinedToServe, and I'm a bit anxious about a lot of things. I'm currently balancing school with my RPing so I may not always be available to respond to posts but I always try my hardest to stay up to date. My dialogue is my weakest skill so please bear with me in threads. One last thing, I'm an Orthodox Jew. This means that I'll be unavailable every week from Friday night EST to Saturday night EST, plus additional holidays. I'll do my best to keep people informed about my schedule.

Roleplay PreferencesI like to roleplay pretty much anything. The only real exception is romance, as I'm not too good at writing it. Wouldn't want to deliver a sub par experience to anyone I thread with, after all! You can make posts of whatever length you want, I'm not picky. Same goes for time between replies. Patience is something I have in abundance.

LimitsI can handle basically any level of gore, but I'd rather avoid anything of a sexual nature in most cases.

Check out my characters below!

#1 InclinedToServe, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Zephaniah likes this.
  2. InclinedToServe

Student

Quirrel

Hollow Knight

[​IMG]

SummaryQuirrel, as a rather large bipedal beetle, definitely stands out even among the highly varied population of Pandora. Long before coming to Pandora, he used to work underneath Monomon the Teacher, the greatest scholar in the whole kingdom of Hallownest, though that ended over a century ago. The rise of a mind erasing plague in his homeland forced Monomon to become one of three seals to stave off the infection from destroying civilization entirely, and Quirrel was tasked with carrying the key to undo that seal in the form of the mask he now wears as a hat. His memories of his time as a scholar were erased and he was sent out to wander the endless desert outside of the kingdom until he would be needed. His return to Hallownest was cut short before he could actually fulfill his purpose of breaking the seal. Ever since he came to Pandora, the beetle has continued doing what he loves: exploring.

Potential Plots
    • Quirrel's passion is exploring. He'd love to have some friends that share his hobby. They could meet out in the wilderness and start traveling together. Aside from that, he has acquired a large amount of knowledge on traveling through Pandora since he arrived. People could seek him out for assistance in navigating some of the more hostile environments that can be found.
    • One thing that is hard to ignore about Quirrel is that he is a giant bug. This already draws a fair bit of attention, but there are certain character traits that might have an interesting interaction with him because of that. I have an interest in having him meet characters that are afraid of bugs, those that might just be intensely curious about what he is, or even people who would simply jump to thinking he is a monster and immediately try attacking him.
    • Quirrel is a good Samaritan. If he sees someone in need of help on the road, he'll more likely than not offer it. Whether it's defending them from monsters or guiding them out of a confusing forest, this bug has got you covered.
    • Dying during the Calamity has shaken Quirrel considerably, leading to a desire to become strong enough that he won't die such an avoidable death again. This means he's gonna be learning the magic of his own world, which involves stealing souls, and practicing his skills with his weapon basically all the time. Spar with him, investigate all the mutilated woodland creatures he was practicing soul stealing on, anything else you can think of related to this.
    • Though he wouldn't ever call himself a warrior, Quirrel is undeniably skilled with his nail. If someone needed assistance with a fight, he'd be quick to offer it.
    • His most prized possession is the mask worn on top of his head. Quirrel would do anything to ensure he doesn't lose it. If, say, he were to get separated from it and someone else happened to find it... well, things could get a bit interesting if they weren't too keen on returning his lost property.

Robin

Iconoclasts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SummaryAfter her father died, Robin began doing mechanic work illegally in order to maintain the settlement she lived in. She might have continued doing that for a while if her family hadn't committed treason. A long chain of events lead to her destroying the dystopian government that ruled the land, as well as ushering in the apocalypse accidentally, before being brought to Pandora at a point in time where she was convinced that she had failed everyone and ruined literally everything.

While she isn't going to be moving past those feelings so easily, Robin is slowly learning to adjust to this new lifestyle. At the very least, she can now be a mechanic without breaking any laws! She's quiet and awkward, but she really means well for everyone around her and would disregard her own safety and happiness just to help a complete stranger.

Possible Plots
    • Now that she can practice it legally, Robin has thrown herself into her job as a mechanic. She has the skills to tend to a small settlement's mechanical needs all on her own and isn't shy about using said skills. Someone could just try hiring her, or maybe Robin could see some machine in need of some minor maintenance and just start working on it without even asking.
    • As a consequence of her profession, she'd be thrilled to see and examine unfamiliar pieces of technology. She isn't really good at talking, though, so she'd probably just see something interesting and just walk up and start staring awkwardly.
    • Friends! Give this girl some friends, please! Robin is kind of a social mess. She was a bit of an accepted outcast back home, being tolerated since she kept things running but also pushed away to avoid being associated with an illegally operating mechanic. Aside from this isolation, Robin has stopped talking much ever since a bit of emotional trauma. She isn't mute, but it's still more than enough to hamper her already meager social skills.
    • HALPING! Robin has always had a large issue with helping others. She helps basically anyone who looks like they'd need it, even at great personal risk. Some rather... drastic consequences of this behavior back home have convinced her she can't really help anyone, but that isn't going to stop her from trying.

#2 InclinedToServe, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  3. Riot

Riot Player

Directory:
    link
    @InclinedToServe

Hello! Might you want a thread between @Quirrel and @Oerba Yun Fang?

Fang's a huntress and warrior with magic powers that I'm basing out of Horizon for the moment, but she'll be wandering around Pandora this season seeing what challenges this world has to offer. I have a vaguely humorous scene in my head where Quirrel stumbles on Fang as she's finishing off a group of aggressive insect-like monsters, and when she turns around and tries to attack him, he makes it known he's not a monster, and Fang has this moment of doubt like "oh gods, did I just murder a bunch of people".

If you prefer a more peaceful meeting instead, I'm open to thoughts and ideas. Assuming you're interested, of course. :D

4. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Riot

Yeah I like that idea a lot. We could discuss stuff like date and location in PM or DM.

5. Carnelian

Carnelian Queen of Cookies

Former employee of Woolworths
    Race:
    Fangirl
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Going to throw Tiana out as she has befriended a firefly while temporarily stuck as a frog so she is mostly likely to not freak out at your character. As for meeting, she runs a restaurant out in Misty Hollow so if doing something around that would help.

6. InclinedToServe

Student
    Bumping up this organizer since I doubt anyone really goes to the fifth page, especially when my lack ot a profile pic makes it look like the organizer belongs to a dead account.

7. Dharke

Dharke Join me in Coosa!

Race:
    Tiger Man
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Hi @InclinedToServe!

Thank you for giving me permission to harass Quirrel! :D Would you prefer me to suggest a random act of kindness, or is there something specific Gov can help Quirrel out with? :) At present, I'm thinking some kind of action thread in Silverwood?

How big is Quirrel? Would he be bigger than a tiger cub? I was entertaining the idea of suggesting Shere Khan try to bully Quirrel, but get put in his place. Maybe a naughty future "grandkid" for him?

8. InclinedToServe

Student
    Hey @Dharke ! I completely forgot about liking that status so this surprised me a bit heh. An action thread in Silverwood forest could be a nice idea, Quirrel's going to be a bit busy a few weeks this season trying to catch some special bugs in the woods. While he is rather attentive, I could see him getting absorbed in the "hunt" and missing something stalking up to him.

And when it comes to Quirrel's size, unfortunately I've settled on him being quite large. Since there was never any canon material to point to his size, I decided to just make him a few inches short of six feet. Not that a thread of some sort isn't out of the question, but I think that's a bit too big for the tiger to try bulli.

9. Dharke

Dharke Join me in Coosa!

Race:
    Tiger Man
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Sounds like a plan! :D How about a humongous bird that wants to eat Quirrel? :p Want me to start? And any preference when it comes to putting a date on the thread?

No problem! I still want Shere Khan to meet Quirrel! I'll have to think on some interesting plot ideas, and I'm totally open to anything you might want to suggest!

10. InclinedToServe

Student
    A bird sounds perfect. Who better to kill a bird than a cat, after all! You can go and start it. A good date would be... let's say July 7-12? Somewhere in that range.

And when it comes to Shere Khan, we totally need to think of something. I'm not too good at coming up with ideas but I'll try my best. Just get in touch if you come up with a plan, OK?

Dharke likes this.
  11. Weenie

Weenie *dabs dramatically*

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    HEEEEEERE WE GOOOOO~! *Throws Flowey at you!!!* Don't let the pellets hit you!

SO one of the things I REALLY like about @Quirrel is that he knows about Asriel!! I'm not sure how Quirrel would be able to piece two and two together (if anything, I can bring the narrator in, but gosh would that get Flowey ANGRY xDDD). But if Flowey found out there was a Asriel running around not too long before him, that would really set him off! He would demand that Quirrel tell him everything he knows about Asriel before initiating a fight with him xDD We could have it happen in Silverwood, if you want, since apparently horrible things happen to the poor guy in there and Flowey has at least one thread where he's exploring Silverwood, so it works!! I'm also thinking the thread would take place between June 30th and July 5th, since that's the smol window where Flowey is in Silverwood, but then ventures back into Elysium Fields (but we could do it whenever in July). Lemme know what you think!! <333

12. InclinedToServe

Student
    I love it @Weenie ! While it might be tough for him to put two and two together, I'm sure we could figure something out... or just use the narrator, either or. Quirrel's an observant person, it shouldn't be too hard for him to figure out that he at least came from the same world as that sweet goat kid if he even starts talking about certain concepts Asriel discussed with him.

Also the mentioned dates are fine. I think July 1st sounds like it would work best for me.

Weenie likes this.
  13. Weenie

Weenie *dabs dramatically*

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Okay, July 1st also works well for me!! And maybe we could mix both Quirrel's observation skills and the narrator in there if anything (like I'll just have Flowey's thoughts be put on display for Quirrel's disposal xDD). Also, you could start the thread, if you'd like~!

InclinedToServe likes this.
  14. The Governor

The Governor The Walking Dead
    You kill or you die.

Anna & Apollo's Pet
    Race:
    Tiger
    Directory:
    link
  15. Eris

Eris Player

Editor & Nerd
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Hi @InclinedToServe ! Here are some plot bunnies for you, as requested:
    • Robin - If Robin is still looking for some new friends, Teddy is the kind of person who would give her very gentle and kind interaction, almost like a big brother. Akane could also be a mechanical/scientific friend with some shared interests. Or I could throw Fëanor at her with some sort of "technological problem" xD
    • Quirrel - Fëanor would be happy to explore this new world with Quirrel and likely would only ask a few questions about who he is/why he's a bug. Akane, on the other hand, would want to ask 73 million questions, all for science of course!

16. InclinedToServe

Student
    Hey hey hey @Eris these look great! Robin is always looking for new friends, and she can get along with basically anyone willing to put up with her problems with verbal communication. Honestly both of the friend options look great, though I'm not so sure about Feanor and her. Honestly, I can't decide cause they all look great! Robin probably would like both Teddy and Akane, but maybe Akane would be better because she needs someone with similar interests. Nothing stopping us from doing both at some point, of course, I just think Akane would be better than Teddy if I need to choose one right now!

And when it comes to Quirrel, my bug would like to just have someone to look around some slice of the new world with. The lack of excessive questioning with Feanor is only a bonus. But he also doesn't mind just satisfying a round of twenty/infinite questions from Akane. He's quite eager to teach people about these things, and being an accomplished scholar back home he could go into more than enough depth to satisfy her curiosity.

All in all, I like all of these ideas aside from the plot bunny with Feanor and Robin.

Eris likes this.
  17. Eris

Eris Player

Editor & Nerd
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    @InclinedToServe - I am definitely down with these ideas! Where are Robin and Quirrel at the moment? Akane is in the Cosmic Wilderness, Fëanor is in Pandopolis, and Teddy is in the Crystal Vales. I do have the most Akane muse at the moment so I'd definitely like to do something with her if possible, and I would even be open to doing both things with her if you want to go that route. Otherwise we could do Akane & Robin and Quirrel & Fëanor, if we can get them to compatible locations :)

18. InclinedToServe

Student
    Hey, I can do both things with Akane. Robin is in Pandopolis, but I could see her visiting the Cosmic Wilderness... both because it would be fascinating to her and because she wants to attempt to conquer her extreme trauma regarding space (She'll be mostly fine except in places with glass being the only barrier between her and the vacuum of space.)

Robin could also try going through the Crystal Vales for some reason. She wouldn't enjoy the effects that her tech experiences there, but I imagine she'd want to take a look around. Still, her going to the Cosmic Wilderness is far more likely.

Quirrel is an explorer, but that doesn't just mean he wants to go to wilderness and ruins. This beetle would be LITERALLY ANYWHERE! From a space station to a small hamlet in the Crystal Vale to a giant statue of corn. So he could basically meet anyone.

So, if you are out for two threads with Akane, that can definitely happen!

19. Eris

Eris Player

Editor & Nerd
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    That sounds amazing! I don't have anything for her yet in terms of timing so I'm super flexible there. (Also, if Robin does need help with the getting-over-trauma thing, Akane is trying to do a similar thing at the moment if you want to get into that at all.)

But yeah, let's do the thing! 8D In terms of starting, do you want to split, like we each start one? And do you have any date/time restrictions?

20. InclinedToServe

Student
    It's the beginning of the season, I have nothing taking up my character's schedules planned yet. Probably closer to the beginning of the season is better, though. I figure Quirrel would probably leave time in the cosmic wilderness for last, since it is very out of the way and he would loathe the government system in Elysium, but if he appeared there at the start of the season he'd just get his travels there out of the way at the start.

Anyways... I guess we could each start one? I'm not too good at starters, honestly, but I can try my best. You can start the one for Quirrel, I'll deal with Robin's.

So in short, somewhere within the first two weeks for both of them maybe?

Eris likes this.