HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Incompatible Perspectives

Discussion in 'Cascade Sands & Docks' started by Eleanor Lamb, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Ah, that explained it. Not only had Cheryl lived through a very rough childhood but she had been betrayed in the past by another girl pretending to be her friend. Granted, as much as it explained the current situation, there still were two big questions in Eleanor's mind. The biggest one obviously being just what had caused her friend to hallucinate such a ridiculous event, but also why Cheryl had only just now started acting so distrustful of people. There was a catalyst Eleanor knew nothing about.

"
    Claudia isn't here. She's can't hurt you anymore." she said. "Maybe talking about it will make you feel better. I know discussing my problems with Quirrel certainly helped."

Heather Mason likes this.
  2. Heather Mason

Heather Mason Silent Hill

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I know she's not!" Heather snapped, "I saw her kill herself!" Well, she saw Claudia swallow the God and run off, but she could see the results of that decision, and it wasn't like anyone would've survived that, so it still worked.

But talking about it wouldn't work. She'd brought up Alessa and what had happened there with only two other people outside of Silent Hill, and nothing good had come of either of those. It just felt like she was losing herself more and more to Alessa's control.

"I can't, I can't say it," she muttered, tearily, "I just want it to stop, but it keeps getting worse! The nightmares keep coming back and everything just won't stay normal!"

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  3. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "She's dead?" Eleanor said surprised. Although, that did explain things a bit. If Cheryl had never had the opportunity to end her relationship with such a toxic person and move on, it was no surprise that thought would still haunt her to Pandora. Plus, witnessing a suicide couldn't be good for a her psyche. It hadn't helped Eleanor's, at any rate.

"I'm here for you." she said. "You don't have to go through this alone."

4. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "She ate... she... she swallowed," for someone so desensitized to horrific imagery, even Heather had trouble saying what had happened. Not only because it was just an awful thing to see, but also because there was no good way to explain what happened. 'This crazy woman ate the god-fetus I had aborted thanks to a weird pill my dad gave me years in advance' was in no way explainable.

The more Eleanor tried to emphasize, the more Heather had to fight with Alessa to keep her from just wishing Eleanor dead too much. She held her head as if trying to get over a headache. Softly, she chanted, "just stop, just stop, just stop," until it was clear that nothing would end well by staying there. Suddenly, she stopped moving for a few seconds before trying to run away as fast as possible.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  5. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    What little Cheryl said before abruptly stopping herself painted a very confusing but still grim picture. Really, the details weren't that important. All that mattered was that Cheryl had seen something horrific and didn't want to talk about it.

She kept trying to faintly shut up Eleanor until she couldn't take it anymore and started running away. Eleanor took a bit to process it because while she expected a negative reaction, running away wasn't on that list. Maybe it said more about her than Cheryl but it had taken a toll on her reaction time either way. Thankfully, teleportation made that a non-issue.

"Wait! You don't have to run away, I'm not trying to hurt you." Eleanor said, suddenly showing up a few meters in front of the running Cheryl.

6. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather stopped as soon as she heard Eleanor teleport, more out of confusion regarding the strange noise than anything else. It pretty much slipped her mind that Eleanor was even capable of it, which meant that her sudden reappearance was enough to startle both girls.

While Heather was startled into inaction, Alessa chose action. After only a second of Heather looking surprised, all emotion was wiped from her face as Alessa took control. She shook her head at Eleanor's lies.

"If she won't stop you, I will," she said, pointing at Eleanor. Without hesitation, she summoned up her telekinetic powers that Heather was too scared to use and pushed on Eleanor. Maybe she'd learn what she was messing with after a little dip in the ocean.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  7. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Cheryl was as taken aback by Eleanor's reaction as the latter had been by her sudden decision to run away. Apparently Cheryl had never considered teleportation was part of this equation, which just went to show how rationally she was thinking at the moment. And to drive the point home, she started talking about herself in the third person.

Eleanor was about to ask if she was hearing voices when she suddenly found herself not being able to control her movement. Thrown by an unseen and unexpected force against the water, Eleanor gasped for air. She wasn't actually drowning but the surprise might as well have done so.

"When did your powers develop like that?!" she said trying to stand up and feeling oddly proud of her friend. This wasn't the ideal time to find out about her abilities.

8. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Heather had just enough power to keep Alessa from forcing Eleanor's head under the water and just holding her down. It didn't help that she could see exactly how Alessa was picturing it, and had to see a rather defined picture of her friend being drowned to death. Still, Alessa couldn't do anything more than snarl and throw a rock by her foot into a tree nearby with her powers. It didn't help much, but it was something.

"You don't understand any of what's happening!" Alessa yelled, "you think you know me, but you've only met 'me.'" the air-quotes were practically visible in her voice, "I've always been able to do this, the faker is just too scared to use them. You should be grateful, if I had my way, I'd make sure you couldn't bother us again!"

With that, she turned on her heel and started to run again, this time pulling a tree down behind her, in the hopes that it would at least distract Eleanor before she had a chance to catch up like last time.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  9. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Cheryl was far from making any sense at this point but despite that, Eleanor did catch something that just might explain everything—or at least hint to what was really going on here. A very violent and severe case of split personality. That didn't actually explain what had triggered Cheryl's breakdown but it was a start. And Eleanor knew a bit about the subject, one of the good things about her mother being a psychiatrist. One of the few good ones.

And the knowledge that came to mind right now was that such an illness was often related to childhood abuse which fit the bullying and gaslighting that Cheryl had mentioned before. Eleanor quickly got up and started running after her friend who had uprooted a tree to try and stop her. Cute. There was no way she was going to leave her alone with an unchecked mental illness.

"Why do you think Cheryl is the faker?" Eleanor shouted, teleporting herself right behind her.

10. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Alessa was really, really getting pissed off. As if she wasn't already sick of Eleanor even existing; no matter what she did, Eleanor was still right there. It was getting to the point that the stun gun in Heather's pocket was feeling much more desirable. After all, that wouldn't kill her, so there was no need to worry about Heather getting in the way.

Still, she couldn't just whip it out and expect that to work. Eleanor had powers that Heather probably wouldn't be able to fight off on her own, so she had to be clever. Part of that would be answering the stupid questions posed.

"Because she's not Cheryl," Alessa answered, "Cheryl is gone. She's just pretending to be her because she thinks it's what Harry wanted. He didn't want some fake daughter like the one I gave to him."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  11. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    The talk about exactly who was using Cheryl's body at the time brought up some interesting tidbits of information. Cheryl was "gone" and Eleanor's friend was taking her place to live up to the ideal daughter Harry wanted—presumably her father, making whoever was talking through Cheryl some kind of sister of her if her explanation was anything to go by. It was an uncomfortable subject for Eleanor, given her situation mirrored it, but she tried to distract herself with the fact she still hadn't heard the whole story.

"Then who is she? And who are you?"

12. Heather Mason

Student
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Why should I tell you anything?!" Alessa demanded, "you attacked Heather and tried to make her doubt her own memories! She might only remember everything I went through, but I know better than to let my guard around your kind ever again!"

Then, she tried to send Eleanor flying again. Instead of aiming for the water, though, she aimed for one of the trees nearby. If it didn't kill her, it'd probably give Alessa the chance to get away from the bully that Heather wasn't careful enough to avoid on her own. That was fine. If Heather needed someone to protect her, even from herself, Alessa could do that.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.