By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Incompatible Perspectives

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Eleanor Lamb, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Ah, that explained it. Not only had Cheryl lived through a very rough childhood but she had been betrayed in the past by another girl pretending to be her friend. Granted, as much as it explained the current situation, there still were two big questions in Eleanor's mind. The biggest one obviously being just what had caused her friend to hallucinate such a ridiculous event, but also why Cheryl had only just now started acting so distrustful of people. There was a catalyst Eleanor knew nothing about.

"
    Claudia isn't here. She's can't hurt you anymore." she said. "Maybe talking about it will make you feel better. I know discussing my problems with Quirrel certainly helped."

Heather Mason likes this.
  2. "I know she's not!" Heather snapped, "I saw her kill herself!" Well, she saw Claudia swallow the God and run off, but she could see the results of that decision, and it wasn't like anyone would've survived that, so it still worked.

But talking about it wouldn't work. She'd brought up Alessa and what had happened there with only two other people outside of Silent Hill, and nothing good had come of either of those. It just felt like she was losing herself more and more to Alessa's control.

"I can't, I can't say it," she muttered, tearily, "I just want it to stop, but it keeps getting worse! The nightmares keep coming back and everything just won't stay normal!"

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  3. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "She's dead?" Eleanor said surprised. Although, that did explain things a bit. If Cheryl had never had the opportunity to end her relationship with such a toxic person and move on, it was no surprise that thought would still haunt her to Pandora. Plus, witnessing a suicide couldn't be good for a her psyche. It hadn't helped Eleanor's, at any rate.

"I'm here for you." she said. "You don't have to go through this alone."

4. "She ate... she... she swallowed," for someone so desensitized to horrific imagery, even Heather had trouble saying what had happened. Not only because it was just an awful thing to see, but also because there was no good way to explain what happened. 'This crazy woman ate the god-fetus I had aborted thanks to a weird pill my dad gave me years in advance' was in no way explainable.

The more Eleanor tried to emphasize, the more Heather had to fight with Alessa to keep her from just wishing Eleanor dead too much. She held her head as if trying to get over a headache. Softly, she chanted, "just stop, just stop, just stop," until it was clear that nothing would end well by staying there. Suddenly, she stopped moving for a few seconds before trying to run away as fast as possible.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  5. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    What little Cheryl said before abruptly stopping herself painted a very confusing but still grim picture. Really, the details weren't that important. All that mattered was that Cheryl had seen something horrific and didn't want to talk about it.

She kept trying to faintly shut up Eleanor until she couldn't take it anymore and started running away. Eleanor took a bit to process it because while she expected a negative reaction, running away wasn't on that list. Maybe it said more about her than Cheryl but it had taken a toll on her reaction time either way. Thankfully, teleportation made that a non-issue.

"Wait! You don't have to run away, I'm not trying to hurt you." Eleanor said, suddenly showing up a few meters in front of the running Cheryl.

6. Heather stopped as soon as she heard Eleanor teleport, more out of confusion regarding the strange noise than anything else. It pretty much slipped her mind that Eleanor was even capable of it, which meant that her sudden reappearance was enough to startle both girls.

While Heather was startled into inaction, Alessa chose action. After only a second of Heather looking surprised, all emotion was wiped from her face as Alessa took control. She shook her head at Eleanor's lies.

"If she won't stop you, I will," she said, pointing at Eleanor. Without hesitation, she summoned up her telekinetic powers that Heather was too scared to use and pushed on Eleanor. Maybe she'd learn what she was messing with after a little dip in the ocean.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  7. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Cheryl was as taken aback by Eleanor's reaction as the latter had been by her sudden decision to run away. Apparently Cheryl had never considered teleportation was part of this equation, which just went to show how rationally she was thinking at the moment. And to drive the point home, she started talking about herself in the third person.

Eleanor was about to ask if she was hearing voices when she suddenly found herself not being able to control her movement. Thrown by an unseen and unexpected force against the water, Eleanor gasped for air. She wasn't actually drowning but the surprise might as well have done so.

"When did your powers develop like that?!" she said trying to stand up and feeling oddly proud of her friend. This wasn't the ideal time to find out about her abilities.

8. Heather had just enough power to keep Alessa from forcing Eleanor's head under the water and just holding her down. It didn't help that she could see exactly how Alessa was picturing it, and had to see a rather defined picture of her friend being drowned to death. Still, Alessa couldn't do anything more than snarl and throw a rock by her foot into a tree nearby with her powers. It didn't help much, but it was something.

"You don't understand any of what's happening!" Alessa yelled, "you think you know me, but you've only met 'me.'" the air-quotes were practically visible in her voice, "I've always been able to do this, the faker is just too scared to use them. You should be grateful, if I had my way, I'd make sure you couldn't bother us again!"

With that, she turned on her heel and started to run again, this time pulling a tree down behind her, in the hopes that it would at least distract Eleanor before she had a chance to catch up like last time.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  9. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Cheryl was far from making any sense at this point but despite that, Eleanor did catch something that just might explain everything—or at least hint to what was really going on here. A very violent and severe case of split personality. That didn't actually explain what had triggered Cheryl's breakdown but it was a start. And Eleanor knew a bit about the subject, one of the good things about her mother being a psychiatrist. One of the few good ones.

And the knowledge that came to mind right now was that such an illness was often related to childhood abuse which fit the bullying and gaslighting that Cheryl had mentioned before. Eleanor quickly got up and started running after her friend who had uprooted a tree to try and stop her. Cute. There was no way she was going to leave her alone with an unchecked mental illness.

"Why do you think Cheryl is the faker?" Eleanor shouted, teleporting herself right behind her.

10. Alessa was really, really getting pissed off. As if she wasn't already sick of Eleanor even existing; no matter what she did, Eleanor was still right there. It was getting to the point that the stun gun in Heather's pocket was feeling much more desirable. After all, that wouldn't kill her, so there was no need to worry about Heather getting in the way.

Still, she couldn't just whip it out and expect that to work. Eleanor had powers that Heather probably wouldn't be able to fight off on her own, so she had to be clever. Part of that would be answering the stupid questions posed.

"Because she's not Cheryl," Alessa answered, "Cheryl is gone. She's just pretending to be her because she thinks it's what Harry wanted. He didn't want some fake daughter like the one I gave to him."

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  11. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    The talk about exactly who was using Cheryl's body at the time brought up some interesting tidbits of information. Cheryl was "gone" and Eleanor's friend was taking her place to live up to the ideal daughter Harry wanted—presumably her father, making whoever was talking through Cheryl some kind of sister of her if her explanation was anything to go by. It was an uncomfortable subject for Eleanor, given her situation mirrored it, but she tried to distract herself with the fact she still hadn't heard the whole story.

"Then who is she? And who are you?"

12. "Why should I tell you anything?!" Alessa demanded, "you attacked Heather and tried to make her doubt her own memories! She might only remember everything I went through, but I know better than to let my guard around your kind ever again!"

Then, she tried to send Eleanor flying again. Instead of aiming for the water, though, she aimed for one of the trees nearby. If it didn't kill her, it'd probably give Alessa the chance to get away from the bully that Heather wasn't careful enough to avoid on her own. That was fine. If Heather needed someone to protect her, even from herself, Alessa could do that.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  13. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "You are lying again!" Eleanor shouted. "I never did anything to put Cheryl in danger and no matter how many times to insist that's the truth, it won't magically change the facts."

But the verbal discussion could of course not be completed without some physical violence and Cheryl—or her sister, or whatever the thing inside her head claimed to be—pushed Eleanor with her powers again but this time against a tree.

The strike was powerful to hurt like hell and maybe break some bones while at it, it was hard to tell. It had certainly disoriented her at least. But Eleanor wasn't known for giving up and decided to slow down her attacker by throwing a fireball on her path. Of course the idea of using what basically amounted to lethal force against a friend('s body) was pretty violent and could easily go wrong but Eleanor wasn't thinking straight. Her survival instincts had kicked in and there was little stopping her from trying to go for the kill.

"You... I won't let you escape."

14. "You're just trying to twist the fact that you're just a bully!" Alessa shouted, "you tricked Heather into liking you, and then you used that 'friendship' to hurt her with something she's terrified of. I don't know how you found out about her fear of mirrors, but I won't let you do anything about that again!"

Alessa couldn't help the triumphant smirk as she heard Eleanor's pain resonate across the beach. If only she had thought to do that to Mother before everything happened. That would've solved her problems so much sooner. Oh well, hindsight and all that.

Before she could get away, Eleanor decided to pull out the one thing that sent Alessa away faster than anything else, fire. She skidded to a stop when the fireball was sent her way, staring at it only briefly before retreating back into Heather's mind.

Heather blinked, disoriented. "Wh-what...? What happened?" she muttered, trying to see the memories Alessa made but failing.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  15. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    "Cheryl" started ranting about Eleanor's supposed plan to befriend her and exploit her weaknesses. In particular, her fear of mirrors. That was ridiculous enough to almost make Eleanor laugh. Mirrors were harmless and really useful. It wasn't easy to see why someone would be afraid of them. Metaphorically? Yes. Eleanor couldn't say she particularly liked the girl that looked back at her anytime she saw a mirror but that wasn't an actual phobia. And if it was related to getting cut, lots of other things could do that as well. Pretty much anything could become a lethal weapon in the right hands.

Speaking of phobias, the more primal and rational fear of fire made "Cheryl" stop dead on her tracks. It was enough to give Eleanor some time recover and teleport behind her.

"I've got you!" she exclaimed, tackling her friend.

16. Heather was feeling incredibly disoriented. Alessa's memories or personality or whatever was going on had been so terrified that Heather couldn't really get back into her own mind. It felt as though she had been staring at an entire wall of flashing lights for hours when suddenly it all just stopped. The lights were still dancing in her eyes, and they wouldn't go away anytime soon.

That just left her a sitting duck for when Eleanor tackled her to the ground. Suddenly, she was back in Silent Hill, facing those monsters that kept crawling on the ground and making disgusting sucking noises. All of her senses were on high alert when that occurred to her.

She began to lash out, trying to reach into her pocket for her switchblade. "Get off!" she shrieked, "get off, get off!"

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  17. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    Cheryl started squirming and trying to break free but it was not going to work. They both knew that and Cheryl would have to admit it sooner or later. And since she couldn't move away from Eleanor she would eventually have to realize she wasn't in danger and calm down. That was the plan, anyway.

"Stop struggling! You are only hurting yourself."

18. Heather probably would have continued struggling until she passed out if Eleanor hadn't spoken. Unlike the monsters in Silent Hill (well, most of them), she actually spoke. That didn't completely calm her down, though.

Instead of trying to get out from under Eleanor, Heather struggled to reach into one of her vest's pockets and pulled out something familiar, the radio. She hadn't turned it on in a while, but she needed some confirmation that she was safe. It was a bit hard to do while pinned, but she eventually managed to switch it on, and listened carefully for the sadly familiar static. When that didn't start, she slowly started to relax, gripping the radio like a security blanket.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.
  19. Eleanor Lamb

Eleanor Lamb Bioshock

Waitress
    Directory:
    link
    With nowhere to go, Cheryl did something unexpected. She still struggled, not because she wanted to escape but because she apparently needed to turn on a radio she had. The significance of such an item was lost on Eleanor but she wasn't going to complain if that's what it took to calm her friend down.

In fact, as if to accelerate her recovery, Eleanor started awkwardly petting her head.

"We are friends, remember?"

20. Heather hated looking weak. It was probably why her response to most of Silent Hill (after getting past the initial, horrified stage) was to snark at everything. Still, she couldn't help but whimper softly as Eleanor started petting her head and sounding kind.

"Can... can I get up now?" she asked, softly. She wasn't about to start feeling very safe until she wasn't still reminded of those monsters. They had pinned her to the ground so many times that she couldn't help but flashback.

Eleanor Lamb likes this.