By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete It's Been Ruff.

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Shinjiro Aragaki, May 15, 2019.

1. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    May 13, year 108
    @Kanji Tatsumi

After doing some research and asking around, Shinjiro seemingly ended up in the right place.

It’d only been a couple of days since he’d dropped in, and he was still sore from his fall, but it was good that he was getting some fresh air. He started out just wandering as far as his feet would take him, but got terribly distracted. He wasn’t expecting to have company on his walk as he explored, but maybe it was better to have an end goal.

He’d lie if he said he hadn’t taken to this tiny, fluffy dog, but there were enough mouths to feed in his new place and he wasn’t about to bring in another animal quite yet. So Shinjiro led the tiny thing after winning her over with the treats he’d had in his pocket for Koromaru. He was walking slowly to keep her close, surprised at how obedient she already was.

Did he really have to give her away?

Yeah. He did. He neared the shelter after following a few directions that someone with a weird shade of blue skin had written down for him, surprised that he was able to navigate at all in this new, weird place. Everyone he’d stopped seemed to be incredibly understanding - which was actually pretty nice. Seems like people came into this place seemingly out of nowhere and plopped someplace by random. Hadn’t met anyone who’d got as injured as he did yet, but he was sure it wasn’t that outside of the norm.

His wrist was wrapped up and he was still having trouble with a headache, but everything else seemed alright. He was coherent enough to find the shelter without ending up somewhere at the other side of the world - it must not be that bad.

The dog stopped, and Shinjiro stopped with her. She sat down, and he cocked his head as he watched her lie down. “You gettin’ tired, Chibi?” His voice was gentle, and so were his hands when he lifted her up. Shinjiro cradled her in his arms, deciding to carry her the last bit before he found the sign for Dusty’s Friends and walked in. She seemed content in the situation, giving him a little kiss as he opened the door.

Dammit. She was way too adorable.

He walked up to the counter and explained that he’d found her on the street somewhere out of the way, and that she’s friendly and obedient enough that someone’s probably missing her. Shinjiro was about to leave but the worker’s invitation for letting him go back there and look at the other dogs while he was there was tempting, and he decided to stay a little longer. He stepped back to the area where they all were, won over instantly by another small, dog with big ears. After calling her over to him, Shinjiro noticed he wasn’t the only one there - a stranger with just as hardened features stopped on his way to walking over to her, toy in his hand. He looked like he was also trying to hold back how cute he thought the damn thing was, and maybe frustration that she had padded away from its way to him and over to Shinjiro instead.

Kanji Tatsumi likes this.
  2. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona
    The Bloodcurdling Beefcake Emperor

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

The idea of getting a pet of his own kept finding it's way into Kanji's head and that was what prompted him to visit a local dog shelter in Ark City after work. He liked all kinds of pets, really. Dogs, cats, rabbits, birds... he had a preference for fluffy animals, but he could appreciate the others too. Maybe he liked rabbits a little more than the rest, but not by that much.

Once he got there, Kanji was immediately moments away from suffering a cuteness overload. So many dogs, of different sizes and breeds, all available for him to play with for a while. Even if he were to pick one to take home, it would be a really hard choice. He almost wanted to bring all of them with him, but there definitely wasn't enough room for so many. Hell, it didn't even have room for one and that was the main thing keeping him from getting himself a pet.

The shelter had some toys available, so he grabbed one to play with one little dog that had some pretty big ears for her size. He didn't know what breed she was or if she was some kind of mix, but he sure knew she was cute as hell. Sadly, however, she ended up wandering off to another guy who... didn't look all that friendly, admittedly, but Kanji knew better than anyone to judge someone by appearances.

"Looks like she likes you more," said Kanji and, although there was definitely some disappointment in his voice, he gave a friendly smile regardless. He hadn't seen the guy there until now, so maybe the dog was just curious about the new person.

Shinjiro Aragaki likes this.
  3. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    Shinjiro let out a little huff at the comment, shaking his head. “Nah, she just smells that I’ve got the good stuff on me. Here, girl.” He opened up a pocket with a tiny baggy in it, letting her practically inhale it from his hand.

“I love your big-ass ears.” He gave her head a few pats, letting a smile tug at the corner of his lips. Usually, he’d keep the stoic and seemingly expressionless face on in front of people he didn’t know, but it was hard not to be happy in a place like that. After a long process of getting up from the ground, he held up the baggy for the other guy. “You… wanna give her a treat, too?”

Shinjiro approached and let him take what he wanted to take, focusing back on the dog as she hopped up and yipped at the both of them. Dammit. He wanted another dog. He shouldn't have agreed to go back there, it was too tempting. He'd have to go back eventually and adopt a new friend, once the dust settled.

Maybe it was the head injury, but Shinjiro was even feeling sociable for once. He had a feeling that the blond was a lot like him, judging from the harder exterior and how soft he was being with the dog. It was a nice thought, anyway, that he'd find someone so similar so quickly.

He was out of his element, since this was basically the first thing he’d done since he dropped in. He’d met some people in passing, but hadn’t really talked to anyone new besides Arisato - which was almost more like meeting a different version of the one he knew, anyway. Shit, who knows, he could’ve been dropped here before and had this same interaction with this very guy at a different time.

Pandora's weird. Better not think about it too hard.

“Name’s Shinjiro.”

4. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Oh, so he had treats with him. That also explained it. Treats > toys as far as any dog was concerned. It was nice to see the guy interacting with the dog and it made Kanji's smile grow a little.

When the guy offered to give him some of the treats, Kanji was a bit taken aback just because he wasn't expecting it. Sure, it didn't matter who gave them, the dog would eat them all the same, but the dude sure looked like he was enjoying her attention.

"Uh... You sure you don't mind?" Kanji asked, feeling a bit awkward and unsure of whether to go with it or not.

In the end, he took some of the treats and crouched down, the dog more than happy to feast on the food on his hand. Kanji watched her, letting her eat in peace, then, when she was done, he started petting her and giving her head scritches.

"You're such a good girl. You are, aren't you?" Kanji began doing some borderline baby talk, just not being able to help himself in this kind of environment. "Oh man, comin' here was a mistake." He lamented to himself, although there wasn't an ounce of regret in his voice.

He then looked up at the other guy, who introduced himself as Shinjiro. He looked like a rough guy, but he seemed to be pretty nice. The way he was dressed... it wasn't that cold outside, was it? Maybe Kanji just had a higher cold tolerance, but he was managing just fine with his usual top with the flaming skull design on it.

"Kanji. Nice to meet ya." He stood up again, offering his hand for a handshake.

5. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    “Yeah, tell me about it. We’ve already got enough in the house, don’t need another dog right now.” Maybe he’d look into it later, actually. If he had one this small, it’d probably be okay. Or maybe he could get a cat… He hadn’t had one of those since he smuggled one into the orphanage as a kid. Might change that eventually.

Shinjiro stared down at Kanji’s hand, wondering if he should be impolite and refuse it in fear that he’d notice his hands shook just fine on their own. He didn’t really like letting anybody see that, especially not when they’ve first met. After a long pause, he did quickly shake Kanji’s hand, trying to make it inconspicuous as possible that it was so short-lived and that his hands returned to their pockets directly after. “Nice to meet you, too.”

Dammit, he hoped he didn’t think it looked like he felt like the other guy was like, dirty or something. He needed a cigarette. He was thinking too much, he probably didn't even notice.

“Found a stray somewhere out of the way and was told this was the place to bring ‘em.”
    He tried to make conversation again, just to make sure he knew he wasn’t trying to be rude on purpose for once. Shinjiro thought for another few seconds, trying to match the image of the puppy he’d led into the shelter and Kanji. The more he thought about it, the more it made sense somehow. “Tiny, fluffy thing. Really friendly. If they find out no one’s looking for her, I’d say she’d be a good one to look at, too.”

6. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

The handshake was a little awkward and maybe too fast. Kanji visibly furrowed his brow, wondering what was up, but decided to just let it go. Maybe Shinjiro just didn't like handshakes and only did it to be polite.

"You're not makin' this any easier on me, dude," Kanji complained lightheartedly, a chuckle escaping him as he rubbed the back of his neck. "My place can barely fit me and my friends anymore, there's no way it's gonna fit a dog in there too."

It sounded like they both had similar problems. Wanting a pet, but not having room for it. Shinjiro's problem seemed to be because there were already a lot of dogs at his place, rather than a lot of people, but the end result was still the same. At least he still had pets to play with.

"Really nice of ya to bring a stray here though." He smiled again. He liked Shinjiro already. He was a good guy. "They always run away from me when I try."

7. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    “Sounds like you need to relocate. There should always be room for at least one dog, or else it ain’t a home.” Shinjiro actually cracked a tiny smile, but it faded almost instantly. He just kept thinking about how his dog - well, the team’s dog, of course - was there in Pandora. He was still thinking about various other pets he could get for the house, too, but again… he should probably settle in first. He literally just dropped out of the sky, he should probably actually learn more about where he was staying, get a job… all that domestic shit. But that’ll come later. Probably.

“I don’t know exactly what it is, but animals don’t really seem to let me be.” Shinji messed with his hair a tiny bit, then his hands went back into his pockets. He wasn't exactly too upset with that, in fact, it was one of the things he could actually say he kind of liked about himself. If he could make animals happy, he at least partially makes up for being such a waste of human life. “And I guess getting her somewhere she’ll be taken care of was a better use of my day, anyway. I was just going to walk until I was done walking, but at least it wasn’t a complete waste.”

He paused, again wondering what the hell had him so chatty. Whatever. “Just got to this place two days ago, haven’t really checked it out yet.” Haven’t really been able to leave the house with the injuries, either. But he figured Kanji would understand how it goes.

8. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

"Y'know... you're right," Kanji nodded, never having thought about it that way before, but finding it impossible to argue with flawless logic like that.

Animals don't let him be, huh? That sounded like a nice problem to have. At least, when said animals weren't things like rabid dogs, or dangerous wild animals. Those would be more of an issue.

Then it turned out Shinjiro had only been in Pandora for two days. Kanji's eyes widened a bit in surprise, as the guy sure didn't strike him as someone new. He did say he had a home of his own and already had pets, how would anyone get all that so fast in Pandora?

... Well, the answer was kinda obvious when Kanji considered his own situation.

"Really? You don't look new." Not that Kanji ran into a lot of people new to Pandora, in fact, he couldn't even think of one. "Are you stayin' with some friends or somethin'?"

9. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    “It’s weird. I fell out of the sky almost directly on top of an alternate version of… a friend.” His dead girlfriend, but he wasn’t going to unpack that on Kanji. Probably wasn't going to unpack that onto anyone for a long time. He thought for a second, counting his blessings. As weird as it was, he really somehow lucked out. Besides how he got here, but that was besides the point. “Turns out a lot of my old dorm-mates are here, so I got a couch to sleep on pretty quick.”

Shinjiro was really rolling with the punches, wasn’t he? He started wondering what would’ve happened if he hadn’t crashed onto Minato’s stand, how he probably would’ve been like the dog and wandering in an alley again. As much as he felt he deserved that over a warm place to sleep, he definitely wasn’t going to complain about staying with people that soon. It probably would’ve been a lot more difficult to figure out the world without anyone somewhat familiar/trustworthy to explain to him what was going on. Shit.

The thinking was too much and Shinjiro closed his eyes, his mind still swimming with the stresses of the life he came from - he was starting work after finally being free of his constant check-ups and after his friends started to drift off. They all came from where they were tight-knit it seemed, and he wouldn’t admit it, but he was thankful for that too. The thought relaxed him just a bit.

“Guess I could’ve been in a lot worse, don’t need to be livin’ on the streets anymore. Could’ve done without the sprain and the concussion, though. Thanks Pandora.”

#9 Shinjiro Aragaki, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  10. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

He fell right next to a friend, huh? Must've been quite the fall if he got hurt that much, especially since he hit solid ground. Still, it was funny how similar things were between the two of them. It was enough to completely refresh Kanji's memory of his own arrival.

"Funny, when I got here I fell right on top of a friend," Kanji recalled, feeling a little bad for Yosuke. "He already had a place of his own, so he just brought me in. Now that another friend showed up though, we're startin' to run out of room."

Things would've been a lot different if Yosuke wasn't there to help him out, so Kanji could understand how Shinjiro felt. Well, minus the injuries. Though at least it didn't look like he had gotten hurt that badly.

"Anyway, if you need any help with Pandora, I can help!" Kanji offered, thinking he might as well help someone new for once. "I've been around for around two months so I think I know a good bit about this place by now."

11. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    “I fell from high enough I could roll and try to miss him. Ended up smashing into his food cart instead in Jurassic World.” He rubbed at his wrist, still a little sore. But he was tough, he could take it. Shinjiro snorted a little bit to himself, picturing this guy falling from the sky, too. It really just is like that, isn’t it? “Weird, though, I’m not the only one Pandora’s decided to throw at the poor kid.”

He stopped, screwing his face up in thought. Huh. Both he and Minako came in the same way. Not like it could happen a third time, though. “Actually think it’s happened in the same spot for him twice now. He probably needs to get a new job, shit’s cursed.”

Shinjiro actually smiled at Kanji at the offer, nodding his head politely. Arisato definitely knew his way around too, but he wasn’t going to pester him constantly. Maybe having another friend to help him out would work, too. Everyone else he knew had only just arrived, or was a dog, so maybe he should stay tight with this guy. “You know what, I’d like the help. Better than asking strangers on the street where shit is. Thanks.” He paused, looking back down at the puppy again, who was rolling on the ground and begging for their attention. Which, of course, she was going to get now. “I get the main shit, like we’re tossed in here from random points and that there’s different sections of the box, or whatever. But other than that I’m clueless. There any place good to get some beef bowls out here? I'm gonna miss the one back home, as much as I hate to admit it."

12. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Damn, that must've been from really high up if he was even able to change direction like that. When Kanji even realized what was going on, he was already on the floor, lying on top of Yosuke. Still, he couldn't help but snort when Shinjiro mentioned that the kid he almost crushed had that happen to him twice already at the exact same place at his job. What were the chances of that happening?

"You sure it's the job that's cursed and not him?" Kanji smirked. Some people just had real rotten luck. He would know that, being Yosuke's friend. In fact, sometimes he wondered if his senpai's bad luck might have started to affect him too.

Shinjiro seemed to have a good grasp on the basics of Pandora and that must have been because of his buds that had already been around for a while. The first thing he asked about was for any decent places that served beef bowls, which was a pretty good question. After all, when you were gonna live in a place like this, you at least needed to know the places that had the best food.

"Beef bowls huh..." Kanji crossed his arms and tilted his head, his eyes closing he tried hard to think of any good places. "I haven't found any places with beef like there's at home, but there's a ramen shop in this district that's pretty good. It's called Ryu Tenchi." He unfolded his arms and scratched his head a little as he looked back at Shinjiro, a little disappointed that he couldn't be of much help with this. "There ain't a lot of places here that sell Japanese food. The people over here are really varied."

13. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    “Huh.” Maybe Shinjiro was disappointed that he wasn’t going to have too much of a taste of home, but it wasn’t too big of a deal. He had the basics of Japanese cuisine down, if he craved something he could at least take care of it. The idea of opening up a shop eventually came into his mind, but he shoved it down instantly. A little too soon to be thinking of that. There was probably still some sort of system, and he wasn't even sure how business worked yet.

“Got a friend that I’d take to a place like that back home all the time, and he had a rough entry, too.” Well, he didn’t get hurt like Shinjiro did, but he did seem to have a ton of shit to clean up since the most recent of his selves was integrated pretty deep into Pandora, it seemed. Plus, he took Shinjiro getting there hard. Guy needed a break.

Now that he was thinking of it, maybe it wasn’t going to be so bad. Varying people meant varying food. Varying food meant there was going to mean there was more to try, and more to experience. Weird as it was, maybe Pandora was going to be a good place for him for now. “Neat, though. Means there’s probably more interesting shit than back home, too. I was getting bored of the same damn thing.” It wasn’t even just the food, it was his life - what good fucking timing.

14. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Pandora really wanted people to get hurt, huh? It was upsetting, but at the same time, it wasn't like Kanji could do anything about it other than try to help if he happened to see someone going through something like that. While he had adapted to life in Pandora for the most part, it was still far from being a perfect place and sometimes he couldn't help but wish he could go back home.

It wasn't all bad though. Like Shinjiro said, there was a lot to see in Pandora. Kanji barely knew the other regions and what they had to offer. He went to space with Naoto, Yosuke and Futaba once and there was no real reason to go to the Dread Wastes, but that still left a whole region that he hadn't even stepped in yet. It was a bit of a waste, now that he thought about it.

"Yeah, Inaba didn't have a lot either." Kanji chuckled. "I had only gone to the city a few times, so it was kinda rough to get used to Pandopolis. There's so much stuff around, a lot of things I had never heard about... It's cool now, but back then it made my head spin."

15. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    Inaba.

Nope, not really ringing any bells. It must’ve really been a tiny place. Or it could’ve been from a different universe. At this point, who knows? What would be the odds they came from the same place?

“I come from a decently big city, so at least that’s helped me out with navigating here so far.” He finally was back on the ground with the puppy, rubbing at her belly as she yipped. “Heard there’s like, magic and shit too though? I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see dinosaurs my first day. I’m not gonna be surprised by anything at all at this point. I wonder if those crazy kinds of places have like, ingredients we ain’t even heard of yet.” Damn, imagining making something with a fruit that came from a different universe that had magical properties or something was kind of cool.

Shinjiro let the dog play-bite his hand, smiling at her as she growled. Sounded like a person taught her to do that or something, weird little thing. After a few more moments of play, she seemed to get bored again, and he got back to his feet. He leaned up against the wall, starting to get tired from his long-ass day. He wasn’t ready to leave, though, Kanji ended up being just the company he needed. Day was winding down, but it definitely was anything but a waste.

16. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

So Shinjiro was a city guy, huh? Just like Yu and Yosuke then, though the latter had gotten pretty used to Inaba by the time Kanji met him.

"Yeah, pretty much anything can happen in this place, it's crazy. I heard the world even ended and came back once." Kanji's gaze fell a little as he tried to think of just how nuts it must've been for the thieves back then.

Looking down, however, allowed Kanji to spot a little husky puppy who was eyeing him curiously. He crouched down and slowly reached out to make sure the puppy was alright with him before rubbing his hand against the soft fur.

"So fluffy..." Kanji muttered, completely taken by the cute puppy.

Of course, Shinjiro was still there and it wouldn't do to just ignore the guy. So he grabbed the puppy and lifted him up as he stood up, still petting him as he began talking again.

"S-So... you been to Jurassic World? I have a friend who works there. Can't believe a dinosaur park actually exists here." Kanji stopped briefly as he was caught offguard by the puppy licking him, making him pull his face away for a moment. "T-Then again, that's just how Pandora works."

#16 Kanji Tatsumi, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  17. Shinjiro Aragaki

cook
    Race:
    Human
    “No shit?” Their new home refreshing was almost interesting to think about, if it wasn’t absolutely fucking terrifying. Were they just living in some huge-ass etch-a-sketch that could shake itself up at any time? How much about this place did he actually still have to learn? Did anyone really know what was going on?! Did people know it was going to do something like that when it happened?

“Yeah, actually, that’s where I got in at.” He watched as Kanji made his new friend, a smile almost pulling at his lips. He looked so natural with that fluffy little guy, like he was just kind of chosen. Always heartwarming to see things like that. “Fell right on top of this guy that I apparently met in a parallel universe, so I didn’t really get to check it out at all. I was more distracted by that whole ‘oh, I'm her from a different universe!’ business. And it’s not like I was really, y’know, ready to come face-to-face with an actual fucking dinosaur soon as I got here. Shit’s too crazy.” He wondered again how both he and Minako apparently came into Pandora in such similar ways, but like Kanji just said, that’s just how Pandora works.

“I think you need to rethink your home situation, looks like that little dude isn’t going to let you go back alone.” It was probably good that he met Kanji while he was there - he might’ve had a similar issue and accidentally got to attached to a dog. Probably would’ve been real depressing to leave without one of his own if he would’ve come with a puppy and left without any kind of new friend. Shinjiro glanced down at his watch and his eyes went big - damn, they’ve been talking for a lot longer than he expected. This definitely wasn’t a wasted day, that was for sure. “Hey man, it’s been great talking to you but I really think I should head back.”

18. Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi Persona

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link

Parallel what? That was new. Kanji hadn't heard of anything like that happening until now. Man, Shinjiro really had it a lot worse than he did, huh? Being dropped into Jurassic World, right onto a dude's cart, then having to deal with all that weird shit... Kanji really didn't envy him right now.

"Man, Pandora's bein' a way crazier ride for you than it was for me." He frowned, feeling some sympathy for him, if not just plain pity.

Kanji then looked at his little friend who was still desperately trying to reach his face with its tongue. Man, this was a really friendly puppy, and really cute too. Shinjiro was right, they needed to move already so that they could have a cute puppy like this at home. Now that he had visited that shelter, Kanji really wanted to have an animal friend that wasn't a weirdass bear.

"Yeah, guess I should," Kanji chuckled. Then, seeing Shinjiro look at his watch and saying he needed to go home, he got curious enough to pull out his phone and look at what time it was. His reaction was pretty much exactly like Shinjiro's. "Holy shit, when did it get so late?!"

Man, if he took too much longer here Naoto and Yosuke were probably gonna start worrying. He should sent them a text to let them know he was going home now. As he freaked out about time, he could tell his fluffy friend was getting tired of being held up and Kanji let down so he could be free to move around.

"Yeah, I need to go home too." Kanji looked up at Shinjiro with a smile on his face. "Was nice meeting ya, dude. See ya around!" He waved.

Kanji hadn't been expecting to make any new friends by just going to see some dogs, but it was cool that this happened. Shinjiro looked like a bit of a rough dude at first, but it wasn't like Kanji was any better. Actually, that was why they got along, probably. Kanji had a feeling Shinjiro was a lot like him, and it was hard to find people like that around.

So as far as he was concerned, Shinjiro was a pretty cool guy.