By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Open it's crime time

Discussion in 'RP Requests & Plotting' started by Ashe, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

DEADLOCK GANG

Are you a criminal? Morally ambiguous? Want to steal things and get rich? Looking for a big Omnic butler to give you hugs? Willing to dedicate yourself entirely to a gang led by a bossy cowgirl and risk being killed if leaving? Deadlock is the place for you!

Ashe led her gang back on earth for two decades up until they became the most powerful in the southwest, and she's looking to rebuild it on Pandora! She started actively looking for members a few weeks after she arrived, so recruits can have joined anywhere from late March onwards.

They have a base located near the border of Centria and the Dread Wastes, and she has traveled throughout both for various jobs, so any character who has traveled through either location could reasonably join! However, most of their operations nowadays are in the Wastes, with no permanent base there yet, but one planning to be established at some point in summer.

Most of their crimes consist of stealing various items of extreme value - usually illegal weaponry or anything else that can be used/exchanged for a great profit - though they occasionally do jobs for pure cash if the payment is tempting enough. They're entirely willing to kill anyone getting in their way, too, whether it be individuals or other criminal groups, so any character not up for that should probably not join.

Anyone willing to be completely loyal and has skill to offer is welcome - whether that's pure muscle, otherworldly talents, or an analytical mind - and every gang member gets a portion of the profit from their heists. Ashe is hard on her gang members, but they're also the people closest to her, and she'll do anything to see they are all kept safe.

She has simple rules:
    1. Keep your word
    2. Don’t work with the law
    3. Respect each other's territory
    4. Always punish betrayal

As long as her rules are kept and everyone pulls their own weight, she's happy, and though she can come off as harsh, she knows how to damn well run a gang, and she's intent on making a better life for everyone a part of it.

If you are interested in having a character join, whether by their own will or forcibly - or even have a character they come up against - feel free to comment below, message me on discord (alex#7749), or both; whatever you prefer!

Leader: Ashe
    Member: B.O.B. (NPC)
    Member: Quiet
    Member: John Silver
    Member/Hostage: Bellamy Blake

#1 Ashe, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Jesse McCree likes this.
  2. Billy Russo

Billy Russo Guest

ayo girl u already kno

((he's gonna do his best to not backstab anyone but tbd really))

Ashe likes this.
  3. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link
    yesssss i'm so excited

( he better not betray them bring the drama )

4. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Hi!!!

I have some ideas involving kind of a temporary joining of the group for Bellamy, bear with me ahdjajfjsjd. I don’t think he would join a morally shady gang straightaway. He is in the “ugh criminals” point in his life, but I really want him to start getting his hands dirty just maybe in a more roundabout way.

SO YEAH, my idea was that maybe he starts out as sort of a hostage/forced guide/whatever. The previous older Bellamy actually ran a nasty gang out in the Wastes that could have had access to like ... a shitton of money that vanished after they all died (... the previous older Bellamy also killed them all). So maybe he’s the only lead left in finding everything they had stashed IDK! I’m just throwing ideas out there but if you had any others, feel free to chip in!

Anyways, my thought was that he ends up with the group so long that he starts befriending someone, helping to protect people, etc, and just sort of ends up ... accidentally going from hostage to member. And then rolling with it because there’s a large part of him that sees himself as the villain after what he did to get off the ark.

HOWEVER. This is also “ugh criminals” Bellamy and when comes a time he has to murdered people, he’s very likely to jump ship. The consequences of which I am totally aware of and cool with being a potential issue/obstacle for the future.

SO YEAH! I’m just looking in general to broaden his experiences and rough him up a little/get his hands dirty/etc so that he can get some nice juicy development.

Let me know what you think!!

Ashe likes this.
  5. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link
    @Bellamy Blake

Hey!!

I love this?? Ashe would definitely be interested in finding his former gang's money and fully willing to keep Bellamy as a hostage as her lead to getting what she wants. She wouldn't be entirely opposed to him going from hostage to member as long as he proved his loyalty since she could really use all the help she can get, though she'd definitely keep a close eye on him.

If he tries to betray her gang - or just leave - instead of doing what she deems necessary for their success (aka, the occasional murder), she's definitely going to go after him and do whatever it takes to make sure he doesn't come back alive. She'd be wary from the start, but after trusting him and treating him as a normal member, she's sure as hell going to bring him down. If there's one thing she can't stand, it's betrayal.

This sounds great, and I'd love to thread them, if you'd like!

Bellamy Blake likes this.
  6. Bellamy Blake

Bellamy Blake The 100
    accidental cult magnet

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Awesome!! It sounds like it would probably be like a potentially slightly longer-term thing, and I'm 100% okay with playing it by ear and seeing how this naturally plays out. Let's definitely start off with getting them into a thread together, though!! He's actually floating around the Wastes at the start of April due to the whole ice cult plot thingy, so maybe we could set this early-mid April??

Ashe likes this.
  7. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link
    Great, that sounds perfect - does April 10th work? And would you like to start or would you prefer for me to? And feel free to dm me on discord if you wanna talk more about specifics!

8. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

I have a very morally shaky and directionless sniper out in the Wastes right now, if that sounds like a good gang member. @Quiet used to be part of a military group without any allegiance to a nation, where she's served as a scout and marksman for various covert operations. She's also been biologically tampered with to give her a number of abilities that make her an even better sniper, like becoming invisible. The main drawback is that she's voluntarily mute for complicated reasons related to her powers.

So far she's mostly bothering the ruling powers in Lethe by stealing supplies and shooting people that try to catch her. Maybe Ashe would be interested in her reputation and skills? Quiet tends to become loyal to people that give her a sense of purpose and treat her well enough.

Ashe likes this.
  9. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link
    @ScorpioRat

She sounds perfect! Ashe could definitely use a scout and a sniper, and she has absolutely no problem with her being mute (Bob can’t talk, either, but she gets along with him just fine).

I think she would definitely be on the lookout for Quiet if she heard of a talented thief and sniper since that is someone she definitely rather have on her side than against her. She could potentially seek her out and offer for her to join Deadlock or possibly even see her in action somehow then give her the option to join on the spot, whatever works! She can offer Quiet purpose, and her gang is like her family, so she makes sure they’re all treated well and satisfied.

ScorpioRat likes this.
  10. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

Quiet's going to be hanging out around the outskirts of Lethe so they could cross paths there. After around the 22nd I think rumors about the ghost sniper would spread a little more.

Ashe likes this.
  11. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link
    @ScorpioRat

Sounds perfect! Ashe is going to be in the Dread Wastes a lot from mid April to May, so they could really cross paths any time between then, any date really works! Would you want to start or would you like me to?

ScorpioRat likes this.
  12. ScorpioRat

ScorpioRat Player

I can start a thread this week for you.

Ashe likes this.
  13. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link
  14. Jace

Jace an absolute fiend

Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    mccree wants,,, no part of the new deadlock but! he is here for anyone who tries to leave the gang down the line bc if anyone knows how to get outta there it's him ;)

Alex likes this.
  15. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link
    still looking for members or anyone else who'd like to be involved with this plot!!

16. Meeks

Meeks Player

OKAY SO. depending on what you guys are looking for right now/what you feel would work better, i would loooove to offer up @Villanelle for this somewhere down the line!

i say "somewhere down the line" because she's newly arrived in Pandora (again) and at least for a little while is going to be trying very hard to live a relatively normal life. buuut she does come from a decidedly criminal background (she grew up doing petty crime, her father was connected with the russian mob, and the majority of her adult life has been dominated by her training as an assassin, so... plenty to offer Deadlock eventually!) and sooner or later she is more than likely going to get bored/fed up with trying to live as a civilian. so! i think Deadlock is something she'd definitely take an interest in eventually, especially if she gets to know Ashe or one of the other members a little bit ahead of time?

Villanelle has very few moral qualms with, well, most things, so anything she was asked to do for the group most likely would not be a problem. the main hangup i wanted to mention (where the "depending on what you guys are looking for" comes in) is that she is, at her core, not much of a team player and really not very good at following orders. Deadlock is the kind of thing that would interest her and entertain her for a whiiile (particularly because, to be frank, she is a Gay Disaster™ and would probably be mildly enamored enough with Ashe to do what she wants for a little while) but mooore than likely she would probably eventually get herself into trouble with these guys, whether it be via disobeying orders or just deciding she no longer wants to be there when something sets her off

if you guys want/would rather, i'm also totally down to just have her be like... some kind of shady contact or occasional ally for the group instead, which might go a little more peacefully. depends on how much Drama everyone wants -- or we can also just play it by ear and see what develops organically!

#16 Meeks, Jun 12, 2019
    Ashe likes this.
  17. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Mercenary, assassin
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Considering Hanzo's current predicament, how he was basically the head of the future equivalent of the yakuza and how he's going to be drifting around from place to place, I could see him considering joining the Deadlock gang temporarily. I mean he certainly has the skills that would make him an asset.

While under normal circumstances there's no way he'd stoop so low to join a street gang but, these aren't normal circumstances.

Plus if he learns Ashe and him are from the same universe, I could easily see him lowering his standards and joining this gang purely for personal gain, then leaving once he has what he needs.

I mean lol, he already betrayed one organized crime group so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#17 Hanzo Shimada, Jun 12, 2019
    Ashe likes this.
  18. Ashe

Ashe Overwatch
    yeehaw queen of pandora

Gang Leader
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link
    @Meeks

Hiii I love Villanelle so so much; I'm so glad you're offering her!! I love Killing Eve, so I was always eying Villanelle for plots but didn't know exactly what to say, so this is perfect <3

This can totally be a thing that happens later in the summer/next season, really whenever works for you! Ashe would definitely be willing to take the time to get to know/convince Villanelle if she thought she might be a useful addition to her gang - or another member, played or an NPC, could! She's willing to put in the time necessary to gain useful people in her gang and actively seeking them out, so this could work, for sure. She'll be especially determined when realizing Villanelle's specific skillset, definitely wanting a skilled assassin on her side and not against her.

But yeah, Villanelle is not a team player! I feel like if Ashe began to see that, she'd be wary, but she'd likely just give her more individual jobs to take out people who have gotten in their way to keep her busy, but if she begins to disobey orders she's is Not going to be happy. She might be able to forgive her once with assurance that it was a mistake and never going to happen again, but anymore and she's going to be pissed & possibly try to kill her.

A contact/ally works too, but I'm up for all the Drama. We could just see how this develops organically?? Again, I'm glad you decided to offer her & we can always talk thread ideas on discord (or on here, whatever works better for you), if you'd like!

@Hanzo Shimada

I feel like it won't take too long for either of them to discover the other is from their own world just by discussion since Ashe is bound to at least vaguely recognize the Shimada name, but Ashe is easily accepting anyone who seems like they'd be useful and can promise loyalty at joining.

She's going to make it clear from the beginning to Hanzo that betrayal = death, but in this world, it's kind of hard to figure out who somehow left without a trace or who just got pulled into the ground, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If she figures out he betrayed his original clan, she's going to be very wary, but she's just probably figuring she can kill him if he tries to leave.

And thank you so much for offering him up, I love Hanzo so much!! Feel free to message me on discord, if you want; I'm excited to see where this goes!

Hanzo Shimada and Meeks like this.
  19. Meeks

Meeks Player

d'aww well THANK YOU i'm really excited to get her involved so i'm glad you're down!!!

honestly yeah if Ashe makes a point of giving her more individual jobs, things might go a little more smoothly at least for a while -- i mean, Ashe sounds miles better than Villanelle's former employers, so Villanelle REALLY should just take a good (well, better) thing when she sees it, but. y'know. she's Villanelle. so yeah we can absolutely see where this goes and i'd love to plan more threading specifics on discord!!

Ashe likes this.