By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete It's dangerous to go alone!

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Lorna Dane, May 16, 2019.

1. Lorna Dane

Lorna Dane Marvel Universe

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Date: May, 29th y108
    Tag: @Jaime Lannister

The last few days had been strange indeed not just coming to a new world but being immediately apart of a family she didn't know she had. All and all she felt overwhelmed so slipping out at the first opportunity was just what she needed to clear her head and try to work things out on her own. By no means was she being held captive by this family but her hesitation to go exploring the new world paired with how generous these people had been with her made it feel difficult to walk away from.

Though she was on her own, she didn't feel entirely alone perhaps she was just being paranoid but she felt as if this family had ways to keep an eye on her regardless of where she went. This mild paranoia did have her take the occasional look toward shadows and sounds just in case she could spot one of her father's spies in the act. It also didn't help that she didn't know this world or what sort of dangers could be here so being overly aware and cautious wouldn't be unwise.

It was fairly early in the day and the ground was still a bit damp from overnight rain which helped to make the lovely country path smell fresh and clean. It reminded her greatly of the small town she grew up, which was a mixed bag of emotions. The feelings of being something that was hated in her youth but appreciated as she had grown older. Not just the scenery but the small town feel that everyone knows you or thinks they do, which is how she felt at the farm. It was an exhausting exercise to manage what their expectations of her would be. The only person in her life right now who's expectations she wanted to surpass was in her arms at this moment. Her daughters.

She'd been on this path for quite a while but when she came to a fork in the road she gave a passing glance to another traveler. Her eyes strayed off to in an act to pretend she hadn't noticed him and kept her stride. She wouldn't assume outwrite that he was dangerous but she also didn't care to stop for small talk or any sort of interaction. Her pace did quicken just by a few beats in hope that the distance she'd gain would discourage the fellow traveler from attempting to catch up.

Jaime Lannister likes this.
  2. Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister A Song of Ice and Fire

Sellsword
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

With each passing day, it became clear that Jaime's stay in Pandora was becoming a lot more permanent than he had anticipated. Once he got past the complete culture stock and bizarre nature of the whole place, it wasn't a bad place to live. Compared to Westeros, at least many of the citizens he encountered were happy with their lives. There weren't abject levels of poverty and suffering in the small towns he visited that dotted the Crystal Vales. Even the large urban center, Cascade Bay, looked like a utopia compared to King's Landing.

That wasn't to say that he'd choose to stay in Pandora rather than return to Westeros. If given the chance, it'd probably be a lot tougher than he thought. Taking into consideration the timeline he was pulled out from, there might not even be a Westeros for him to go back to if the Dragon Queen had her way. He wasn't sure if they all thought he was dead back home, but were he to return, he'd almost certainly be a wanted man.

These thoughts lingered in his mind as Jaime rode atop his horse, which trotted along the road to Cascade Bay. Signs of the evening were beginning to spill into the late afternoon and Jaime knew better to return to town before it got dark. From his first few weeks in Pandora, Jaime knew there were things far scarier than bandits lurking in these dark woods.

Just up ahead, a fork jutted from the main road and Jaime could make out the shape of what appeared to be a woman walking alone on the room. He guided the horse so that it was able to close the distance and begin trotting alongside to the woman's left. Jaime looked down but before he could address her, he was slightly surprised to see the woman have green-colored hair while clutching an infant child in her arms. His expression softened momentarily before sternly realizing that this woman needed to reach Cascade Bay before it got too dark. Unfortunately, it seemed like the woman didn't pay him any heed at all and seemed content being on her merry way but Jaime wasn't going to let that slide this time.

Clearing his throat, Jaime tried to get her attention before he continued. "My Lady, it may come off as obvious to you but you really shouldn't be on this road alone." By now, Jaime's horse had matched the pace of the green-haired woman and at this point, Jaime just wanted a simple explanation from her. Still, an uneasy feeling stirred in the pit of his stomach. He couldn't forgive himself if he left his woman and her child to their fates. Not like how he had abandoned tens of thousands at King's Landing, all while searching for just one person.

"Are you headed to Cascade Bay as well?"

#2 Jaime Lannister, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Lorna Dane likes this.
  3. Lorna Dane

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    [Well her attempts to avoid the stranger was negated since it was easy for the horse to catch up. Since he didn't speak upon approach she hoped he was just going to trot on by but that was dashed when the horse started matching pace with her. Then came the throat clear which reminded her of when cops tried to get her attention when she was avoiding them. She focused on the metal on him without even looking she could sense his sword and some large lump of gold, possibly just a chunk or something she couldn't tell but either way he hadn't exactly drawn a weapon so she didn't immediately feel threatened him.

When he asked his question she rolled her eyes a little and decided to reply to this old fashioned sort with a little bit of snark, "Well, then it's a good thing I'm not alone and have my daughter with me." She smirked at that but knew full well what he was implying and if she wasn't Polaris then perhaps his warning would be more warranted. She couldn't be mad at the guy since his intentions could be pure but she was also used to being stopped for no reason just because of what she looked like or because of what she was. So her first instinct was always to be sassy.

Adjusting the baby bundle in her arms she looked up to him, sporting a half smile, " Why yes, Prince charming, indeed I am. Is it against the law or am I not welcomed there? Hummmbly forgive me as I'm still new to this area." Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to discourage genuinely decent folks from helping those they believed needed it but she didn't see herself as one of those folks and if anything would feel rather selfish for taking up his time if someone else down the way did need help. She also wasn't a hundred percent sure she wasn't in trouble for trespassing or something.

4. Jaime Lannister

Sellsword
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Jaime sighed, exasperated by the woman’s sarcasm. Great, a smartass. Why was it that every time he tried doing anything remotely nice, it got shoved back in his face? And people wondered why the Kingslayer used to be as cold as the rest of his family. Before saying anything he could regret, Jaime thought about the woman’s perspective. The rules of chivalry and honor that characterized Westeros didn’t apply here. And from what Jaime had witnessed in his short time here, she might not be as defenseless as she appeared.

“Ok fair enough, doesn’t make it any safer.” Jaime’s expression perked up as she mentioned something about it being against the law to travel alone. Ahh that made more sense. She thought he was law enforcement, an honest misunderstanding given that he was armed and on horseback. The Prince Charming comment was a bit more scalding, though he was certain sure she didn’t know who he was.

“I’m not with law enforcement. And I’m definitely not a prince. Look, I’m new around here as well so I’m still trying to adjust as well. If you’d like me to leave, I’ll gladly do so.”

#4 Jaime Lannister, May 19, 2019
    Lorna Dane likes this.
  5. Lorna Dane

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    As he spoke she felt a little bit wrong for lashing out at him with her sarcasm, if he hadn't been new as well then perhaps she wouldn't have apologized especially if he was law enforcement, " Yeh, I just don't have the best track record with law enforcement. Or authority, or strangers. Sorry to lash out like that it's just been. Stressful." She said as she slowed her pace to a more comfortable speed and relaxed just a little but still keen and able to defend herself should the nice guy act drop.

Of course what would be an apology without making excuses which just spilled out as it was things she had been trying to process but hadn't met anyone to talk it through before. " I mean, I didn't even think about how dangerous it could be out here because I'm more terrified to put my daughter down and have those... Things... That took us here, take her or me away from each other. I couldn't stop that-and I can barely protect her in my own world, but that was mostly because of well law enforcement types. But they aren't in this world but still-.. Nothing makes sense, nothing seems real. I don't know what the hell to believe or what to do anymore. I mean, where I'm from my father has been dead for years and an old man, but here. He's not only alive but close to my age." There was a look of embarrassment and a bit of horror as she just realized how much she had blurted out to this complete stranger but she felt it would either come out this way or some other destructive way down the line if she didn't.

She sighed as she looked back up to him, " Wow.. Sorry- It's just a lot to process and I felt I needed a walk. I'm sure you're dealing with your own bag of burdens. I don't mind if you walk with me, if you didn't mind all of that baggage. " It wasn't even a fraction of the baggage she had but still enough to turn any sane off of wanting to talk to her. " Do you have kids?"

6. Jaime Lannister

Sellsword
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Jaime's expression slightly softened and he nodded in acknowledgement at her apology. He could understand her distress, he was going through a similar plight though he did a better job of containing it himself. Since he arrived in Pandora, he had occupied himself with his work as a sellsword. He wasn't sure how much more sustainable that would be, and he contemplated even joining whatever military force operated around here, but until he knew more about this place, he wasn't about to commit himself to anything.

Before he could address the woman, she continued speaking and Jaime listened carefully to every word she spoke. The horse was trotting at a manageable speed now, didn't seem like either of them were in any rush to get to Cascade Bay. The sun was still setting and there was light, though Jaime still kept a wary eye out for any bandits around the area. The lawlessness of this place rivaled even Westeros, though there didn't seem to be any large armies to keep them in check. Jaime was fortunate that he didn't stumble upon yet another world at war.

"It does seem like a nightmare, doesn't it?" Jaime began after the woman had finished her rant. She was a mother who was trying to protect her daughter, something he completely empathized with. Her willingness to put her child's well-being before hers reminded him of his dear sister. As cruel as she could be, there was no denying that Cersei loved her children above all else. That was the reason why Jaime loved her. "I understand that feeling of helplessness, of not being able to defend those you love. And even if you try your very best, it means nothing in the end." Thoughts flew to his last moments in Westeros, holding Cersei in his arms as the rubble from the Red Keep was about to fall on their heads. A sickening feeling gripped his stomach. He wasn't even sure if the black vines had snatched her too. As far as he knew, he left her to die.

"Well I pray I don't run into a younger version ofmy father here." Jaime tried to lighten the mood though to no avail as he was still preoccupied with the thought of abandoning Cersei. And then the woman continued and talked about how he could simply ride away and let her be if she was becoming too burdensome. Jaime immediately shook his head in disagreement. "Nonsense, I don't mind at all. We all carry some form of baggage from our past lives. Thinking about it won't make it any lighter."

Jaime paused as the woman asked if he had children. He tried to hide the discomfort and sadness, turning away from the woman to look at the trees. His horse even stopped momentarily. The former knight took a deep sigh as he gathered his bearings for a second before allowing his horse to continue. "I did. Now I'll never see them grow old and have children of their own." That could have meant one of two things but he was going to leave it at that. Thinking about Tommen, Myrcella and even Joffrey brought too much pain.

#6 Jaime Lannister, May 20, 2019
    Lorna Dane likes this.
  7. Lorna Dane

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    It was so hard for her to see beyond today when her mind was set on the future she was shaping for her people back home. Sure there was a lot of fire and blood necessary to bring such a future she had planned to pass but not nearly the same ambition of her father to the eradication of the whole of the human race. Her intentions were for a mutant homeland where her kind can be free to live as they were without fear and hate. If it was going to be done right then she needed to be there to see it through but she couldn't, not here and for some reason being stuck in this box was not a good enough excuse.

She noticed the clouds in the sky taking on the hues of pinks, red and orange as the sun was getting heavier in the sky and would soon set. She half expected Kal to come flying in to tell her dinner was almost ready and bring her back but perhaps they knew it was wise to let her out on her own. " A pretty one, but yeah. A nightmare. Maybe, this is the only world I can keep my daughter safe in." As some of the trees and landscape grew dark some tiny lights of fireflies blinked in and out of existence. Had she not been so tense she might have enjoyed this scenic route.

She watched him as they walked and could tell he was burdened by some sort of loss from his few words. Her world had tried to make her powerless, had tried to use pain and walls to keep her contained but she was defiant even when it made no sense to. Even if her attempts were more or less spiteful displays. " You can have powers like a god, and still not be strong enough to protect those you love the most." The baby in her arms made some grunting sound and Lorna moved to more or laying down in her arms as the tiny thing yawned and stretched. The babies eyes seemed to trail between the sky and the horse with intense focus and fascination. Lorna smiled at her seeming to help calm her from her concerns for the moment.

She gave a light chuckle at what he said about his father, " My advice is to not do what I did and tell him about it. He won't even recognize you. Though in my case, he might have eventually figured it out. Let's just say we have a lot in common." It was true, she could have walked away from there or he would have left her in some other city but eventually, word would get around about a girl who could control metal and correct assumptions could be made.

When he agreed he wasn't going to run for the hills she smirked and watched as her baby was waving her arm in the direction of the horse not quite old enough to have full control of her arm to reach for it as steady as she would like, " Good because I think she likes having you around." Which reminded her that she hadn't said her own name, " I'm Lorna and this is Aurora." In true ladylike fashion, Aurora was looking up at Jaime and blowing bubbles in her spittal.

She watched as he hesitated, and felt he had been separated from his children because of this world and felt truly bad about asking, there were some men who would choose to never see them again as her father had. Even she was about to give up Aurora and miss out on her life. To keep her safe. This world allowed her to keep her in her life for now at least, " I-I'm so sorry. I hope you can return to them." She said as her watery eyes let loose a tear for him. She couldn't even imagine being here without Aurora. Like she'd do anything to try to rip this world apart to get back to her.

8. Jaime Lannister

Sellsword
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He nodded sadly at her words, looking up at the sky at the same time she did. The tapestry of different shades of colors from the sunset certainly gave off a certain ambiance that he wouldn't have been able to find in Westeros. Jaime had been so preoccupied the past few weeks questioning everything he knew about the world to even appreciate the one he was currently in. From what the locals had told him, he could disappear any time without warning. Perhaps he should take the time to soak it all in, live in the moment for once rather than constantly worrying about his past and future.

"Can't imagine the world you came from, if you believe this one better." The woman did allude to having some trouble with the law where she was from. She didn't come off as a criminal to Jaime though what she said next did cause him to perk up. Powers like a god. It could have merely been a metaphor but after having a few encounters with magic and other strange things, Jaime had a feeling this woman was not as defenseless as she initially appeared. He just nodded in agreement at that and was a bit relieved when the conversation shifted to meeting younger versions of their fathers.

Jaime scoffed. "Trust me, if I ever saw my father, I'd immediately turn and walk the other way. Guessing your relationship with yours wasn't any better?" She did seem to open up quite a bit the past few minutes, might as well keep the conversation flowing. It certainly helped to pass the time and it wasn't like Jaime had anything better to do.

He smiled down at the child. Such an innocent, helpless little bundle of joy. His mind flashed back to Westeros once more, of how many children were out there who had to grow up without any fathers or mothers from all the wars that had been fought. Daenerys Targaryen's recent destruction of King's Landing was still at the forefront, how many innocents had to suffer due to the actions of a few? Jaime was certainly part of those guilty few and it would continue to eat away at him for as long as he drew breath. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, my Ladies." Jaime continued smiling down sadly at Aurora. "Jaime Lannister." He introduced himself.

As if the thought of his children couldn't have caused him further grief, Lorna mentioned how he could return to them. It wasn't her fault, after all Jaime did leave the meaning of that up in the air and the blame was on him for that. He wasn't entirely sure if he should even bother correcting her, but Lorna had been so upfront and open with him. It would certainly make the mood even more somber than it already was. "It's not possible." He spoke softly...almost wistfully, as if he couldn't even believe what he was about to say next. "They all died."

#8 Jaime Lannister, May 21, 2019
    Lorna Dane likes this.
  9. Lorna Dane

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    [​IMG]

She gave a little shrug and offered the simplest explanation that would oversimplify the problem but be manageable for someone who she assumed wouldn't understand the nuances of mutant relations, " Essentially, my daughter and I are criminals just for being born." She knew all this for so long having grown up through the same fate and felt like a horrible mother for cursing her child to go through the same thing. Which drove her to want to change the world even more.

She smirked at his reply to his father, " You are a very wise man." Then slowly and shameful shook her head no almost too embarrassed to admit it, " No it didn't, but naturally it was because I assumed he brought me here. Then I just yelled at him. I mean really, who tries to wage war on the entire world when your own people are divided." No, what she was working one was to help unite her people with a focused and shared goal. All Erik's propaganda attracted was extremists then he wondered why he was surrounded by backstabbing assholes.

She used her free hand to steady Aurora's waving one, giving her a finger to wrap her tiny fist around then smiled up Jamie, more warm and relaxed than she had been since meeting him. Which might not have been accomplished had she not had her daughter to comfort her. " Pleasure to meet you to Jaime."

The mood was defiantly more somber as he went on to speak about his tragedies. She actually stopped walking at that point and looked at the ground with a distant gaze. She felt like the worlds biggest asshole. For how she treated him, and complaining about her world and her father. When he went through something that she felt would unhinge her and make her into a monster like her father or a broken mess weighed down by her own depression. To say sorry again felt hollow and meaningless. Yet she couldn't do anything to change things for him or help at all. So she stayed loss for words just drowning in her own empathy for what he had been through.

She was not one to be stuck for long, as hopeless as things maybe she knew there was something. Her mouth gaped as she was starting to say something but then closed, unable to bring herself to be the one to offer false hope. After all, this world brought her to her father who was suppose to be dead why couldn't his children reunite with him. But she knew how angry she would be at someone who planted that in her head if she lost Aurora. How she'd spend her life constantly looking for her and fearing the worst, never being able to move on and accept her loss as she might be out there somewhere.

It wasn't as if Jaime was the first parent she met who lost their child, her world was ripe with orphans and such tragedies. It was the idea of hope that made this place so much worse. When she did find her words the sun had set and uttered, " This worlds not fair." She was brought here and immediately brought to her family, to brothers and sisters she didn't know she had and a father whom her emotions toward were best described as complicated. Yet he was brought here apparently to suffer alone.

10. Jaime Lannister

Sellsword
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

He wasn't entirely sure what Lorna meant when she said that she and her daughter were born criminals. Perhaps it had something to do with their family history or perhaps they also possessed extraordinary abilities. Jaime was beginning to run into a lot more of those people in Pandora. Still he tried to provide comforting words to Lorna, though he wasn't sure how effective they'd be. "You and your daughter shouldn't be condemned for something that's beyond your control."

He let out a harsh laugh as Lorna called him wise. Far from it. Jaime had made many costly, stupid decisions in his life. He lacked the cunning and intelligence of everyone else in his immediate family. Of course, they were all far more politically gifted and ambitious than he ever was. Jaime never wanted any of that. "You'd be surprised, men have gone to war for far less." Lorna's father sure seemed like he'd be right at home in Westeros with all the other feuding lords and kings.

There was a long silence after Jaime had mentioned the fate of his children, as anything Lorna tried to say wouldn't help take the pain away from his loss. But Jaime's children were always openly known as the children of Robert Baratheon and his sister Cersei despite their striking Lannister traits such as their blonde hair and blue eyes. Jaime could never tell them how much he loved them, not without jeopardizing his or Cersei's lives. Even after Robert's death, revealing the true parentage of his children would've weakened their claim to the Iron Throne.

"Don't worry about it, Lorna. I made peace with it a while ago." Jaime reassured her as he kept riding alongside her. He spotted a few farms straight ahead of them, marking the outskirts of Cascade Bay. They were getting close, though Jaime didn't mind the present company despite the serious mood that their conversation was going. At least it was nice to know that he wasn't the only one struggling to adjust. "I suppose it isn't, but you work with what you have. I'll see my children again, whether it's in this world or the next."

#10 Jaime Lannister, May 23, 2019
    Lorna Dane likes this.
  11. Lorna Dane

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    [​IMG]

She gave him an agreeing nod, " I won't pretend to be the only one. Lots of people are condemned by their birth." She took a little breath then decided she might as well share, if she couldn't be open and free about what she was here then she needed to gauge reactions. So she just said it, " I'm a mutant." She looked him over again, perhaps unfairly judging that he won't know what that means or what he assumed it means would sound too similar to a monster or a disorder. " Sometimes a child will be born with a trait that they didn't get from their ancestors and are able to pass it on to their children. Like at one point all humans had brown eyes. But then thousands of years ago one human was born with a mutation that made their eyes blue. -And every single person in the world with blue eyes is related to that one human." She made eye contact with him peering a little while there was still light then she smiled, " Even you." Lorna, on the other hand, had green eyes.

She smiled genuinely amused by his laugh at his comment, "Well you are at least smarter than I am." She didn't mind humbling herself but she didn't see this man as being a fool. As somber as this conversation had been she was actually happy to see him smile and hear him laugh. It made her feel like everything was going to be okay. " I can't blame him really. He wanted a world were mutants would be safe. Just he had a madman's solution to the 'everyone else' problem." It would be clear from her tone and disappointment from it that she didn't agree with her father.

She closed her eyes a few more tears slipping which she wiped away, feeling so heartbroken for this man she just met, "You're not only wiser than me but a much better person as well." She sniffed sharply shaking her head, " If anything happened to my daughter. I think I'd hate the world enough to destroy it." She didn't want to think about the monster she'd become. Perhaps someone worse than her father.

12. Jaime Lannister

Sellsword
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Jaime couldn't disagree with her initial point. Indeed, class disparity had been almost a part of life in Westeros. Nowhere was that more apparent in the capital of King's Landing, where the poor wallowed down in Flea Bottom while the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms resided up high in the Red Keep. Having been born into one of the richest houses in all the Seven Kingdoms, Jaime never really cared much for the poor. He thought that was the direction Lorna was leading towards and then she followed up with a complete curve that took even him by surprise. A mutant?

Jaime was about to ask for further details, but Lorna was able to conveniently do so on her own. If he was going off her definition, then the closest he'd ever encounter a mutant was his own brother Tyrion, who was constantly mocked throughout his life as a dwarf. Jaime was the only one who truly cared for him when they were little, something that Tyrion touched upon during their last conversation together. He missed his brother dearly and if there was one person he wanted the gods of Pandora to bring, it'd be him. Well, it'd be close between him and Cersei he corrected in his mind.

"So people discriminate against you because you have green hair and eyes?" Jaime asked quizzically, though he had a feeling there was more to the story than that. He nodded as Lorna went into more detail about her father. Now that was something he could empathize with. When she mentioned her father mentioning the "madman's solution" of what essentially was genocide to the non-mutants (like him), Jaime let out an exasperated sigh. "It's ironic how the people who think they're making the world a better place end up making it a whole lot worse. I'm guessing you didn't agree with your father and that led to a rift?" It was a bit personal for him to ask that, but Lorna seemed open enough to discuss her plight so he figured why not.

Jaime sadly smiled back at her. If only she knew the half of Jaime's entire story, perhaps she would reconsider her position. Jaime, by all accounts, was not a good man. Just because he recently experienced an epiphany following the loss of his hand, it didn't make up for the years of bad he had committed. He was selfish, arrogant, cold and brutal. At one point, he was no better than his father. He wanted to caution Lorna not to fall down that dark path, though he was merely just a stranger she just met. What right did he have to give her any advice? "Fortunately, your daughter is safe in your arms now. I have a feeling you'll do everything in your power to protect her." It reminded him of Cersei and her undying love for her children. When he last held her in her arms as the debris from the Red Keep fell on their heads, she asked about their unborn child. "Nothing else matters, Lorna."

#12 Jaime Lannister, May 25, 2019
    Lorna Dane likes this.
  13. Lorna Dane

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    [​IMG]

In her world most mutants where only criminals because they had little other options in life. Not many places would hire mutants especially ones who can't pass as humans. So they must steal, lie and cheat to just get by. Lorna had been lucky to have the underground as a network as it kept funding to take care of people and get them the supplies they needed. It didn't make them any less criminals as they often had to break people out of prison or smuggle them across the border. Either way, very few mutants could ever be rich and successful.

When he made the comment about why she was judged for her hair and eyes she let out her own amused laugh. If only it was for her green eyes and hair. Green eyes were rarer than blue ones so it was possible he has never seen anyone with them. " If only. I do color my hair black to look more human but." She hesitated but felt they had talked enough that he wouldn't freak out and start screaming witch at her immediately, " Mutants, have specific powers. Mine has to do with controlling metals with my mind." There was more scientific mobojumbo way to put it but honestly, no matter how well she could explain it, it would still sound like magic.

With her free hand, she stretched her fingers building up a green energy field around them then tapped her finger up. pointing her finger ahead of her slowly. He might not have noticed while looking at her hands that a dagger had unsheathed from a holster on her leg but he'd notice it hovering in front of her. She then curled her fingers up wiggling them slightly making the dagger spin in a circle in the air, then flicked her wrist and sent it as fast as a bullet toward a tree a few yards from them. It would make a thunk sound as the hilt of the dagger struck the tree. " My father has the same power." She said then turned her hand like grabbing the dagger and pulling it out. Before guiding it back to its place. It wasn't exactly like hers but pretty close.

She agreed with him, " Exactly, the road to hell is paved on good intentions. And no I don't agree with him on that point. I agree that humans and mutants can't live together. That we have to leave and form our own nation, for the safety of humans and mutants. And he's already formed a small kingdom in the Waste, I just hope it's enough for him. If not, I hope I can reason with him." It really wasn't anything too personal, as anyone who visited that place would learn all about Erik and his powers and goals. At least his goals for now.

If only Jaime knew what bridges she burned, what friends she lost and how she caused the man she loved to hate her in order to build a future she felt would be safe for her daughter. She didn't feel comfortable telling him every little detail of her life but instead just a tidbit that could be relatable to just about anyone, " It's true, I used to be content with how things are, just accepting to live in the terrible situation. But when I was pregnant with her. I knew she deserved more. Those things had to change. Just surviving isn't good enough, I want her to be happy and safe." She'd risk everything and cut herself off from anything to see that through.

She looked into his eyes and really felt the weight of his words, both from what they meant to him and what they meant in her own life. It was even something similar she said to Andy before she gave birth. She had been scared that the people she was with would prioritize her life over Auroras so instructed him to do whatever he needed to ensure that didn't happen, that her life wasn't more important. No matter what was going on, nothing mattered more than her daughter. " Nothing." She agreed with its own weight. Which would be a very dangerous stance if she believed her father's way was the only way to ensure her child's safety. Not even her morals or guilt would stop her.

14. Jaime Lannister

Sellsword
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Never in his wildest imagination did Jaime anticipate what Lorna just did with her mind. When she started explaining mutants, he thought it only had to do with physical abnormalities. Little did he know that what Lorna had been trying to point out wasn't skin-deep. Special powers that they were born with. Sounded like magic to Jaime, but he didn't want to bring it up as to not offend Lorna. He wisely chose to hold his tongue as she demonstrated her true capabilities.

As Lorna explained how she could manipulate metal simply with her mind, she held up her hand and within a moments her dagger was unsheathed and hovering in front of her. She played around with it before letting it fly into a nearby tree, the sound of the blade embedding itself into the bark almost caused the knight to flinch. "Well, looks like you didn't need my help after all." Jaime was impressed, though a part of him felt an innate fear. He could understand her rationale for wanting mutants to live in a separate society from normal humans.

He didn't want to formulate an opinion on that debate at this very moment, not wanting to antagonize his new traveling companion. She seemed quite distressed by the whole ordeal and Jaime didn't want to come off as simply another human trying to put her down for being who she was. No, she seemed quite friendly and her undying love for her daughter touched him. Instead, Jaime touched upon the point she made about her father. "I knew men like your father. They won't stop until the whole world bends the knee to them. Or burns." His mind immediately flashed back to the Mad King. The thought that there might be another tyrant out there in Pandora, one with powerful abilities, absolutely terrified him.

Lorna shifted the conversation back to her desire for a better life for Aurora. It touched Jaime, as it once again reminded him of Cersei, but he was also cautious to remember the lengths to which his sister would go for her children. Their children. It was too early and unfair for him to judge Lorna in the same light, but she did mention destroying the world if anything happened to her daughter and after what Jaime just saw with her ability, he wouldn't put it past her. He prayed to the Seven it would never come down to that. "Every mother should want what's best for her child. Perhaps that's why the gods of this place brought you and Aurora here. An opportunity to begin a new life and not have to worry about looking over your shoulder." He suggested, wondering if anything he said would assuage any of her concerns. He then added, "I can't move metal with my mind, but I'm always willing to listen if you ever need to talk."

#14 Jaime Lannister, May 26, 2019
    Lorna Dane likes this.
  15. Lorna Dane

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    [​IMG]

Unlike many mutants Lorna wasn't ashamed of her abilities there was no guilt or embarrassment from showing them off. They were a part of her that she had always accepted, even if the rest of the world didn't. What she did was little more than a party trick but in a different world perhaps she could do performances or art with what she had but instead she had only been able to use it as a tool and a weapon.

She kept her eyes on him throughout her trick to gauge his reaction that and her aim wasn't affected by not looking at the target. There was those that when she did similar tricks for as just a means to show that if she wanted someone dead she could, that she was choosing not to. Oddly enough, it was never convincing enough to drop attempted murder charges but that was just the court system for you. As she watched him he was either very good at hiding his fear or didn't have a reason to fear her she'd never know but she hoped it was the latter.

"You're wrong. Sure, I don't need you to protect me but you did help me." It was comforting to know that others were going through the same frustrations as she was. She wouldn't even be surprised if there were support groups for people who get pulled into this world. Though she'd never go to one. It was also comforting to know that people like him were out here to protect those whom they feel require it. Something she should look into doing. There may not be a need for a mutant underground but surely there were still people in need of help.

" I hope you're wrong. We aren't oppressed in this world." She sighed and conceded, " Well you know him just as well as I do." Which wasn't a jab at Jaime in the slightest, she didn't really know Erik at all. The news wasn't a very reliable source either. She just hoped he could find peace and contentment here and not go on some foolish crusade as he did in her world.

Honestly, it frightened her to think of what she could become. Even Erik had seen it in her in their short exchange that she was already Magneto, as he put it. It would be easy to become that monster, to want for nothing but death and destruction and to rule with fear. It was much harder to bring about peace, understanding and foster forgiveness and love. For now, she trudged up the harder path as it was the way to giving her daughter the future she deserved. After all, how could her daughter ever love a monster?

Jaime didn't even know the sacrifice Lorna nearly made before coming here yet understood so much. Though she felt she would still always be paranoid at least there was a chance of a good life here, " If there are more men like you here then I do think we will be just fine." She chuckled at his last statement, " Listening is one of the rarest and most powerful ability. That and common sense, if you have that then I have more to fear from you than you have of me." She said with a pleasant smile, slightly playful but not putting him down, if anything putting herself down.

16. Jaime Lannister

Sellsword
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Perhaps there had been a way that Jaime helped Lorna, though it wasn't in the way he expected. She was clearly stronger than he was when it came to her powers, but in their brief conversation, he noticed how fragile and vulnerable she really was. He didn't expect that from her based on her initial reception, but he appreciated it nevertheless. She might've saw herself as nothing more than a mutant or monster but from her words, Jaime saw that she was just as much human as he was.

She grew up in a world where she and her daughter were written off as abominations the moment they were born. For all the adversity Jaime dealt with being called a Kingslayer, he was still a Lannister and his name alone protected him from his enemies back in Westeros. Lorna didn't seem to enjoy such a luxury and from what little she mentioned about her father, it seemed like she didn't really have any family to fall back on. He completely understood the falling out with father, it was something he himself was all too familiar with.

"Well let's hope he doesn't do something he'll regret," Seemed like an empty threat coming from Jaime, especially if it turned out that Lorna's father was even stronger than her. Still, it seemed like there were equally powerful people living here in Pandora that wouldn't stand by as another power hungry despot tried pushing his own selfish agenda. Unlike in Westeros, there seemed to be noble, honorable people here who would do the right thing when push came to shove. And not lose their heads in the process.

Jaime looked away as Lorna complimented him, hiding the slight flush in his cheeks. Was she flirting with him? He wasn't entirely sure and he wasn't going to go down that rabbit hole. The memory of Cersei was still fresh, though Lorna's undying devotion to her daughter's safety and happiness drew striking parallels to his sister. Even her willingness to take on the world if anything were to happen to her child. He wanted to tell Lorna that he wasn't a good man at all, that the purpose of his words and actions were to atone for all the fucked up things he did in his past life. But he kept his tongue in check. She seemed content in this moment, why ruin that?

"You have nothing to fear, Lorna. I'm just a one-handed man." He turned back when he was sure his cheeks stopped flushing and flashed a warm smile back. "Aurora's lucky to have you as a mother."

#16 Jaime Lannister, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Lorna Dane likes this.
  17. Lorna Dane

Single mom
    Race:
    Mutant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    [​IMG]

They had reached their destination at the edge of town and she could tell by the grumpy face on Aurora that she was ready to eat so she'd need to go off somewhere private to do so. There seemed to be a relatively easy shop right nearby so figured this was the best point of any to say goodbye to her travel companion. She was too occupied with the scenery to even notice that he was flushed from her compliment to him. She didn't even mean it to be taken as such. It was just always a little ting of guilt when dealing with humans that were nice to her, she felt like she needed to boost them up more and make them feel special despite not having amazing talents like her and her people. Her sympathy didn't extend to all humans of course but if she could she would make a few of them like her if that's what they wanted.

Her gaze traced back to him when he spoke, and she wasn't sure how to express the fact that she was never afraid of him so didn't. She did gaze to the lump of gold at his side seeing that it was his hand and not just a lump. Yeah, she can sense metal but it doesn't exactly put a 3d image of what it looks like in her mind. She was sure there was a long story behind that, but she had a limited time before the tiny time bomb in her arms exploded in hungry wailing so that story would have to wait. " A man with a hand of gold. Sounds like a decent story for another day." It also sounded like a kick ass song title. She looked down to Aurora who started with the soft pre cries whimpers, " I hope that she agree's with you on that." Then returned his warm smile, "I'll see you around. Jamie Lanister." She said with a nod of the head committed the name to memory before going off to the store just as the baby started wailing.