By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

I've got some new i d e a s

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Jack Skellington, May 31, 2018.

1. May 21st, Year 7

There was a rather large melting pot of emotion taking place in the Bazaar at the moment.

On the one hand, there was excitement as Jack walked back and forth between the stalls at a fast clip, taking in all the wares with endless wonderment and curiosity. Clasping his skeletal hands together in front of his chest, he was utterly taken by everything he saw, which would have been fine - perhaps even deeply flattering for the merchants - except for the questions.

The long-suffering sellers (who had actually only been suffering for ten minutes, but it felt much longer than that) watched with dead eyes as the abominable skeleton pranced to and fro, answering the machine gun fire of questions with blank, tired voices. The combination of incidental fear magic and sheer enthusiasm had proven too much for most of them to handle. Several stalls had been vacated, as a matter of fact, following nervous breakdowns of the occupants.

Jack, of course, didn't see any of this. He was far too focused on holding different artifacts and devices up to his eyesockets, squinting at them eagerly before tossing them back down with callous disregard. The light of afternoon was starting to fade as he reached the end of the bazaar at last. "Is this an authentic shrunken head? I had dozens, you know. Very chatty women, actually! Nice, though. Cynthia had excellent recipes." Jack chattered merrily. This head didn't seem very communicative, and he wondered if it was really dead. That seemed a bit sad. "Yours don't talk much at all!"

The gentleman running the stall was very large indeed, and looked rather menacing, but when Jack focused on him he paled to a sickly cream cheese color and mumbled something that he didn't quite catch. It was okay, though. Jack didn't really care. "That's okay! I'm sure they're quality merchandise! You must be proud! Oh, and look at this! A cursed dagger! Is that Egyptian magic I'm detecting?!" Jack hooted with delight, flipping the old knife around easily to examine the back of the handle.

"To those who my treasures seek, may misfortune come tenfold." Jack recited brightly. "I just love the old curses. They're quality. Now, don't get me wrong, I know of some witches who could hex your bellybutton onto your nose, but this is quality!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, waving the dagger around.

"Why, imagine how many people have been cursed because they couldn't see the inscription! They'd be walking time bombs! Oh, isn't that just fun? I-- oh..." He trailed off when the pale man suddenly took flight with the last of his goods in his arms, leaving Jack holding the cursed knife with a befuddled expression. "Goodbye then! Have a horrible evening!" He called, waving.

Turning back to the dagger, he grinned. "I know I will!"

#1 Jack Skellington, May 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
  2. Alphys

Alphys Undertale
    Weeb Lizard

TroYA X Engineer
    Race:
    Monster
    The Bazaar bustled in the way that only it could. It wasn't just the money and goods that were changing hands, paws, claws, tentacles or other appendages, but the constant chattering, the haggling, the booming shouts of merchants hawking their wares and, in this instance, the sound of a huge man abandoning his stall at high speed. There was some physical law or clever calculation that could tell you exactly how difficult it'd be to stop such a large mass, especially now that it had picked up a considerable amount of speed, but the crowds, uninterested in putting the theory to the test, dutifully parted to let the pale man through.

Alphys didn't pause to consider why the man had decided to suddenly switch careers, from merchant to athelete, because as the crowds parted to make way for him, all Alphys could see was an opportunity. An empty, unclaimed stall, with a customer already standing there, waiting to be sold something. Some of the other prospective merchants hesitated, sensibly noting that the customer was, without a doubt, somehow related to the fact that a well-respected and quite fearsome merchant had just taken flight. Alphys did not hesitate, and quickly made her way through the wake in the crowd left by the passing of the previous stall operator, dragging behind her a leather suitcase that had seen better days.

And so Alphys popped up behind the stall, the short monster flashing the briefest of smiles up towards the most well-dressed skeleton she'd ever seen, before setting out the contents of her suitcase on the table that separated them. It was broadly split into two categories, although 'piles' would be a more accurate term, as Alphys hurriedly set about getting her goods unloaded before somebody came along to ask awkward questions. Questions like "have you got a permit?", or "where's your insurance papers?", or "didn't I see you rummaging through my garbage last night?". To her left, there was a rapidly growing pile of scavenged and refurbished electronic devices. To her right, a pile of loosely stapled together little books, with the words 'FISHGIRL VOLUME ONE' scrawled across each of them.

"Welcome to Books and Bots, your one stop sh-shop for, um, books. And robots," she added quickly, somehow managing to stumble over her own sales pitch, in spite all the time she'd spent practising it, "so what can I interest you in? If you like knives, we've got a robot that c-can wield it! Or h-how about a signed copy of Fishgirl Volume One? Or, um, s-something else? Bone protectors, maybe?"

#2 Alphys, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  3. May 21st, Year 7

Much to Jack's glee, as soon as one merchant left, another one appeared! And this one looked more familiar than most - she would have fit in in Halloweentown, in his opinion, though she wasn't quite as grotesque as Jack was used to. Still, he waited with mild amusement as she set up shop, already rather disinterested in everything she had to offer, but unwilling to be rude about it.

Still dancing the cursed dagger back and forth across his knuckle bones, Jack smiled winningly. "Well, I don't think I need a robot to hold any knives for me. This isn't meant for fighting, you know. It's just a cursed object. It gets you just by holding it!" Jack explained merrily, waggling the dagger at her. "Of course, I'm rather immune to most curses like that, so I don't think it's going to do much to me, but I bet it would make a mess of one of your robots - and that would be a shame."

She reminded him of the Doctor, in some ways, though he would have already gotten to his point by now. Plus ten others. Plus probably made some kind of remark that reminded Jack that he was definitely not a scientist and was, in fact, a bit of an idiot next to a scientist.

Ah, he really didn't miss Doctor Finklestein at all, come to think of it.

"Bone protectors would be a bit silly too, I'm afraid. I'm quite capable of defending myself, and I don't think they'd really do much to help." Jack said apologetically, still beaming. "What's Fishgirl Volume One? Oh! Did you write a book? How splendid! You must be very smart to do that! You know, I tried writing a book once, but I forgot all about it for thirty years! Can you imagine? Oh, it would have been horrible, too. I had a great idea involving a group of humans being pursued by a nameless, faceless, exceptionally tall and dashing entity of terror!"

He bellowed a cackling laugh, then regained some composure, coughing politely. "It was more of an autobiography, thinking back." Jack demurred.

4. Alphys

Alphys Undertale
    Weeb Lizard

TroYA X Engineer
    Race:
    Monster
    To her credit, she didn't flinch when the dapper skeleton with odd ideas about how one should handle a knife waved it in her direction. This was mostly due to the fact that was staring, in almost rapturous fascination, at the seemingly supremely confident skeleton wielding it. Her own experience with skeletons of the dressed-and-talking variety were limited to a skeletons that were not nearly so wonderfully eloquent or quite so snappily dressed.

Still, as she stood there, watching, listening and wondering, she made a perfectly receptive audience for Jack, and it was only the rather sudden laughter that brought her back to her senses and focused on the task at hand. She'd genuinely expected customers to be more interested in robots than books, and so the initial look of elation that somebody actually expressed an interest in them slowly but surely gave way to a look of concern, as she'd not considered her sales pitch for the books yet.

"It's the f-first thrilling instalment in, uh, well, so there's this, fish-monster called Fishgirl, and she fights people," Alphys took one of the 'books' and opened it up to show the crudely drawn and poorly photocopied first page, which would surely do a good job in dispelling any notion of her artistic abilities, "and now I'm saying it out loud, it d-does kind of sound a bit dumb. I mean, compared to the autobiographical story, it s-seems a shame you never finished writing it. You could call it 'Spooky Skeleton X', and we'd h-have a picture of you on the cover, and there'd have to be a l-love interest in there too."

"So, that'll be one signed copy of Fishgirl Volume One, and.. a.. robot that can turn the pages? It also sort of, um, m-maybe emits microwaves that'll do s-some pretty terrible things to exposed flesh? But it'd be h-half price, with a copy of the book!"

@Jack Skellington