By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Jan Recs: Odd Friendship

Discussion in 'Community Recognitions' started by Octi, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

Odd Friendship

January Community Recognitions ♦ January 7 - 13 ♦ Jen Pick

In a world as diverse as Pandora, there is plenty of potential for wacky, fun, unexpected and close relationships to be made between characters! What are some of your fondest ones?

Guidelines
    • You can spotlight as many characters as you like.
    • Individual Characters: You MAY NOT recognize your own character.
    • Pairings, Groups, & Threads: You MAY recognize a pairing, group, or thread that your character is a part of.
    • Did somebody already recognize a character you wanted to recognize? That's okay, go ahead and mention them again! They won't receive an extra trophy, but they'll be appreciative!

Trophy For Recognized Parties!​
    [​IMG]

I Want To Recognize Somebody!Great! Just use the quick form below and reply to this thread!

Code:
    [blockquote][h=1]@Character Name & @Character Name[/h]
    Blurb goes here!  This can be as long or as short as you like![/blockquote]

2. Keira

Keira Player

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil

@Lift Reyes & @Damian Wayne

When Hunter and I first talked about threading Lift and Damian, I'm pretty sure it was just to use Lift as a healing mechanic to stop Damian dying. I had no idea when we started that thread that such a brilliant friendship would come out of it. They are a really odd pair, completely different on so many levels, and they don't seem like a pair who would get along let alone becomes friends as quickly as they have. I really hope they wind up BFFs (though Lift isn't going to be your sidekick, Damian >c ) because I can't get enough of their shenanigans and I loooove the way Hunter writes Damian.

Damian Wayne and Octi like this.
  3. Weenie

Weenie Wild Dog

Professional Good Boi
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

@Goro Akechi & @Ren Amamiya

Can I just... appreciate these two for like 5 seconds? There is just so much going on between both of them under the surface. @Bambi and @milk rock having this perfect blend of Ren and Akechi tolerating each other mixed with jabbing at each others’ insecurities and this faint and light sprinkle of tender fluff. It’s overwhelming with how much heart and depth both of them carry. My heart literally cries for both of them. ;A;

Bambi, Ren Amamiya and Octi like this.
  4. Fleet

Fleet Madness, it's all in the mind!

@Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane & @Jason Todd

A friendship which has been longstanding and started with Shiro saving Jason's life, developing into a quirky, fun little friendship I absolutely love to rp. A hero and an Anti-hero finding friendship is rare in itself but somehow these two manage it, often in weird or entertaining ways. Others may disapprove of their friendship but when it comes down to it they are both prepared to be there if the other needs them as is proven when Jason tried to help Shiro through a break up in a very Jason like way. I love @EXORDIUM's Shiro, she plays him too perfection and I can't wait for more threads with these two

More may come later, but wanted to bang this one out there right now = )

5. Hannah

Hannah keep reaching for the stars

@Julie & @Nebula

I'm so glad Meegan approached me about threading Julie with Nebula. Even though it's early days yet, I love the interaction between them. Julie brings out the softer side of Nebula, one that she's tried to bury for many years and it's interesting to see these two characters, neither very good at expressing their feelings, slowly building a friendship. I can't wait to see what happens in the future!

Julie likes this.
  6. Idris

Idris Player

Time-Traveller

@Raphael Santiago & @Jocelyn Morgenstern

This is an odd friendship only because on paper, from their world, it shouldn't work and it took them a long time to really trust each other and now they're going on space cruises together and it's just the most wonderful thing, I'm so happy with the way they're going and all their interactions are fabulous!

@Crowley & @Rey Solo

So they haven't spoken in a while but their threads are just the most precious thing and Rey certainly sees him as a great friend! After all, he did teach her to walk in heels so it's a bond for life whether he likes it or not.

Raphael Santiago likes this.
  7. Linnie

Linnie Player

studying

@Spider Nancy & @Daniel Wing

For someone as irresponsible as Spider, I never expected Daniel, somebody so emtionally traumatized, to become his friend. However, they soon became such close friends even though Spider kept (and keeps) on being insensitive, uncaring and forgetful. And I like how their dynamics work, that despite how selfish Spider is, he still cares about Daniel.

Daniel Wing and Weenie like this.
  8. Behold! Instant Noodles!

Behold! Instant Noodles! should have known better than that.

@C.A. Rotwang & @GLaDOS

It's an odd friendship, but it works - two sort-of kindred spirits engaging in reckless scientific experimentation, ill-advised engineering and bursts of anger when things don't go right. While it sometimes seems that they're working at cross purposes, I love the way that they care about one another, and the way in which they both show it and hide it is lovely, occasionally hilarious and fun to read and write. Despite it all, the two have each other's back.

Funshine and Nyami like this.
  9. Jack

Jack Player

Dog lady
    Race:
    Moose
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil

@Ayano Tateyama & @Sephiroth

YEAH I'M TOOTING MY OWN HORN PARTIALLY. FITE ME. but in all seriousness, Sephiroth and Ayano came out of nowhere and they make no sense whatsoever, but they've somehow ended up becoming such good friends. Which is significant for a person like Sephiroth. BASICALLY FULLMOON PLAYS THE ULTIMATE CINNAMON BUN AND THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO TO STOP THIS

Funshine and Ayano Tateyama like this.
  10. Sayamy

Sayamy Player

Book Collector

@Robin` & @Magiano

praising myself here too, bite me, but these two really got a odd friendship here - the talkative musician and the selective mute mechanic. You'd think they have nothing in common and here we are, with them caring for each other, spending time together like it's always been like that. I'm sure it'll go on good as this.

11. Octi

Octi The Helpful Octopus
    Community Relations Division

Music Teacher
    Race:
    Disney Fairy
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good

@Sephiroth & @Bellamy Blake

WTF EVEN IS THIS HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN. Honestly I love this super weird friendship so much, though, like I feel like they constantly want to punch each other in the face aND YET Bellamy is casually coloring Sephiroth's hair like YOLO! Idk they somehow get along without killing each other aslfjhaslfjhasjlf.

@Simon Lewis & @Crowley

This is a super odd friendship because Crowley isn't normally the kind of friendship that Simon would have, not in a million years, but that's probably why it's also not the most healthy friendship because there's definitely like a little bit of manipulation/guilt/etc in play sometimes (crowley pls). But also, some of Simon's most touching threads have been with Crowley. It's very confusing how much he means to him ???????

Jack likes this.
  12. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    kuo'ma
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link

@Jocelyn Morgenstern & @Raphael Santiago

How far they've come is still baffling to me. Additionally to what @Idris already said above, I wanted to point out and thank her for putting the effort into this with me. If we hadn't messages each other so regularly, at least once a season, to think of new things for Jocelyn and Raphael to do, for new ways to deepen this friendship or make it through arguments and hardships, I'm pretty sure, they wouldn't be at that point by now. I love this respectful dynamic between them, the way they can laugh together despite not being the most likely people to actually laugh, and how they pull to not let the other push them away. It's this mature friendship, knowing that the other can take care of themselves, but maybe doesn't want to. Despite all their canon given differences. It's great, I love it.

Idris likes this.