HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Just a Company Team Bonding Trip

Discussion in 'The Elysium Fields' started by Helen Magnus, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 8th Year 7th

"I'll have to agree with you on that." Sure some applications to this would be nice but Helen had learned not everyone should have a prolonged life. Imagine some horrible person extending their life by drinking from here or maybe even someone who was like Arcade and forced to drink the water to forget many years of their life and brought back up with a new view on the world, a less pleasant one. Children were easy to shape and mold and likely without the ability to reverse the effects the memory lose would be permanent if allowed to just grow back up.

"I might try and seal this place up a little better to keep people from getting themselves inside and stumbling upon the water. Perhaps once I pull the crystal lock up the rooms with the water vats and blow the stairs to the lower levels." After all, she had brought some explosives. Not a high enough grade to do any real damage but the metal stairs were fragile enough she could use a few explosives and take both sets out. Maybe even take out the walkways all together.

Arcade seemed so shocked that Helen wanted to come back for the serpent. One day she was going to have to tell him about what she did in her own world for a living. "There are plenty of places that are large enough the house him until I can set up a proper facility for him." She meant of course the Sanctuary. Once she had her Sanctuary built there would be no trouble housing a creature his size. "It would be getting him out in the cold which might prove difficult but I know someone who could assist. Nikola is fairly strong and we might be able to rent a vehicle to transport him." Not that Nikola would just carry him but they could set up a rig.

"Trust me, I do this sort of thing all the time back in my world. With larger and more dangerous creatures. He's very tame in comparison to some." Try the giant spider who nearly destroyed the world. Even Kali deserved to live. Helen had seen it many many years ago and hadn't regretted her choice to spare the spider both times. Moving back to her makeshift lab she started packing away samples carefully so they could transport them back to the lab. "Besides, he's an extraordinary creature. Unlike anything I have seen before and I am sure he will be useful in research down the road."

Arcade Gannon likes this.
  2. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "It's unfortunate," Arcade lamented, "that we have to hide an important find because people would inevitably misuse it." He believed that people were worth redemption and help, but that didn't mean he was completely naive.

"I usually find solutions that involve explosions to be a less desirable first choice," he deadpanned, "that sounds like it should work fine." That didn't necessarily mean that no one would find it again, but it at the very least bought them enough time to decide what to do with it.

While there was a slight bit of hesitation, Arcade couldn't find any reason to fight with Helen. "I trust you," he said, which was quite a feat. It usually took people months, but Helen had basically protected him while he was at his most vulnerable. Even the Courier couldn't boast that much.

Still, he knew he didn't want anything more to do with the thing. "I might not be in the best position to judge the usefulness of him," he admitted, "I'd rather not be reminded of that vent ever again." It was the most claustrophobic he had ever felt in his life, which was impressive, as some of the places his family had to hide were not big enough for all of them.

Helen Magnus likes this.
  3. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 8th Year 7th
    "I know that feeling all too well, it's been the never ending shame of my work. Sometimes people aren't ready for something miraculous. Some won't believe you, some will cirtizise you, and worse others will abuse it. It's been my waking nightmare of working with abnormals and knowing so many wouldn't be safe from the general public." HAP's for instance. People had nearly destroyed them all over a silly misunderstanding and natural fear of their wolf sides.

It was well enough they could hold people off from taking a dive into those pools and reverting back to infancy, at least for now. Good thing was should it happen they had the 'cure' for it. "I'll prep the explosives then." That and Helen hated to admit she sort of enjoyed blowing something up. Not in the event it would hurt anyone but explosions were pretty cool. Even a small one gave you that slight satisfaction. Hopefully that didn't make her dangerous, not as it had made John dangerous.

When Arcade said he trusted her she looked up, a serious expression on her face before she nodded her head. That had meant a lot to her, people who tend to put their trust in Helen would never be let down, she couldn't let them down. Someone like Nikola could damage her trust in them because Helen would in the end always come around and forgive but Helen never expected to be forgiven herself. "Fair enough, once I have him secured nobody will ever have to deal with Poseidon again, save for a few who are capable of handling a creature such as him."

After a nice quiet environment and a meal he might not be so crabby anymore either. Serpents were seldom outwardly aggressive unless they were hungry or threatened. Remove both problems and they were quite docile animals. They didn't tend to waste energy on unnecessary conflicts, not like humans anyways. Throwing her pack over her shoulder she started moving over to the windows and closing them all so the serpent wouldn't get too cold and die. Once the room was secure again she opened the door and let some of the warmer air inside. "A short hibernation should do him some good." Walking back into the hall she started heading back for the vats and the basement levels. Time to finish this job and head out of here.

4. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "At least we agree on this," Arcade said, "it'd be rather awkward if one of us believed in the goodness of men a little too much." Most of the Followers-- as much as he believed in that group-- weren't quite as willing to admit that humans weren't always worth it. He couldn't be too upset though. It was impressive to live in such a world and still believe that people wouldn't always screw you over.

While Arcade could understand the enjoyment some people got out of explosives, fighting powder gangers really killed that childlike wonder in him. As it was, all he could do was associate explosions with nearly dying.

Actually, he associated a lot of things with nearly dying, but that was what he got for exploring the Wastes with the world's most determined mailman. He decided not to mention any of that, since Helen had gained enough insight into his personal history. He assumed that she knew more than she was really interested in knowing at that point.

Instead, he nodded and helped her close the windows. "Well, I'll never complain about a solution that leaves everyone alive," he said, "even if one of the living is less than friendly. I've seen too much bloodshed already."

5. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 8th Year 7th
    She could agree with the bloodshed, after all the wars she had lived through she had her fair share of blood. Blood on her hands, blood in her past, she had a river of the stuff flowing after her. Not being able to stop John Helen had blamed every woman who's life he took on herself. For not stopping Worth she blamed all the deaths in the explosion on herself as well. Helen blamed herself for more deaths than she needed to but had she done her own job better she would have saved countless lives, lives that had meant so much to her.

Heading back to the lift Helen called it so they could go back down the the main floor. It was another strangely long journey back down in the slow elevator with the dull music crackling over the speakers. Then back through the main door into the subbasement. Helen passed up the control room with her power core just now so she could lay the explosives in decent lighting. Blowing this place up in the dark would be a fair deal of deadly.

She walked down the two sets of stairs and out onto the metal walkways between the vats laying down the smaller explosive packs and setting the timers at 12 minutes to give them plenty of time to get clear. She placed two more on the walkways before sticking one to the first flight of steps. "It's been about 30 years since I have needed to blow something up." Helen commented, thirty years of working on the New Sanctuary and unable to do exciting missions.

Laying the last explosive on the final stairs Helen headed back to the control room and glanced down at her watch. "We've got a good 8 minutes before the first one goes off." She headed inside and walked right back to the main generator. The crystal inside already looking a bit sad and drained. "Luckily Nikola can charge this again." She pulled the crystal and watched the lights around them start to flicker and slowly fade. Everything powering down with a droning hum. "Right, everything should be finished here. We can bar the door on the way out. Even if they get in there won't be much to walk on and access those vats."

6. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The scientists rode the elevator in silence, both contemplating something. For Arcade, his thoughts were revolving around the memories that being a child again brought up. It had been easy to simply forget about what his childhood was like, apart from the major events.

Having to live through being a child, it left a hollow feeling. Just a simple sentence from Helen caused his self-loathing to spin into overdrive. Sure, as a child he had no idea what was really going on, but how different was that from how he thought and acted as an adult?

He wasn't self-reflecting enough to really determine how much self-loathing still remained from that time when he could only understand the basics of his situation. It was just his understanding at that age that he deserved what he had been going through. The different opinions he was around couldn't shelter him from the brutality of the Enclave.

Keeping the truth from everyone had been a necessity in the Wasteland, but he still couldn't help but keep it a secret in Pandora, except for two exceptions. Every time the Enclave threatened to be brought up, he always worried that it would only lead to ostracization.

When Helen started speaking, Arcade was jarred from his thoughts. Right, no need to be brooding while there was still work to do. "Right," he said, "and once that is over we can get the samples to the lab and close the book on a successful expedition."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  7. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 8th Year 7th
    Helen put the crystal back in her backpack and slung it over her back as she walked a little faster. "All in all this wasn't too difficult of a job." Helen pointed out, she'd been chased by worse things through worse places. Outside the door Helen looked around for something they could use to close the doors up. They had to have chains somewhere, they were all over the outside doors.

It almost made Helen wonder if they had been working on something they shouldn't and the chemical leak was just an excuse to keep people from sniffing around. Someone locked this place up for a reason and it wouldn't be the first time someone had worked on something they should have left well enough alone. She wasn't going to bring it up with Arcade however. He had gone through enough already.

"That table, it's not much but it's something." She pointed out the flipped over metal table they had passed a few times. "And a few of those cabinets, we can stack them in front of the door." Helen went back to the table and grabbed one side of it, waiting for Arcade to help her since it was fairly heavy. Checking her watch again it was down to only a few minutes left before the explosives started going off. "I set them all a few minutes apart so when those things start setting off it will be more of a chain reaction than a singular explosion. Hopefully to avoid causing any further damage to the building or the vats themselves."

Helen didn't actually want that water to leak into the soil either which was why she had been so careful as to where she had placed her charges.

8. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I'm almost scared to ask what a difficult job would be," Arcade deadpanned. Not that what had happened was too crazy compared to his travels with the Courier. Nothing could compare to helping those ghouls fix up their rockets and watching them fly off to whatever destination they had planned.

He nodded at Helen's suggestion of what to use to keep people out. "Won't stop the truly determined, but it'll be better than nothing," he said. He knew from personal experience that nothing could keep some people out. At least the Courier wasn't the type of person that showed up often. If there was another one of them, he'd be really worried.

The two scientists worked to get the doors barred, pushing and pulling the cabinets and table in place. As was often the case when it came to physical activity, he couldn't help but be grateful that the Remnants were very insistent that he train like a soldier. It would have been much more difficult if he hadn't.

"Good idea," he replied, "the less this water gets out, the better." No one should have to go through that level of disorientation.

Helen Magnus likes this.
  9. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 8th Year 7th
    Helen stood there with that look on her face as if trying to skim through her memory on what made a mission particularly difficult. "Well, being executed for trespassing wasn't my favorite." That one took the cake. "Also having your ballast blow while deep bellow the surface of the ocean in the triangle with a parasitic abnormal inside my brain causing me to be hyper aggressive wasn't charming." Helen shook her head at that memory. "Crashing a helicopter into the ocean after a giant spider used an EM pulse to shut my systems down, considering it wasn't too horrible in the end." At least Helen had been fished out.

Her attention shifted back to Arcade, a little smile on her face. He must have thought she was someone who was going to need to invest in some damn good life insurance. Back in her world she had a large policy on herself so in the event she died Will would be able to comfortably run the Sanctuary for a few hundred years. "I'm a regular thrill seeker, that or I have the worst luck." It was a 50/50 on that one.

As they moved the table and cabinets in the way to keep people from getting inside easily Helen took a few steps back and brushed her hands off on her shirt. It was going to take at least two people to get into there now and a little bit of back breaking work. Even then they would need climbing gear to access the vats. When her watch went off to alert her the first explosives would go off Helen stopped and stood still a moment, the echo of the first going off catching her attention. "Showtime."

10. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Well, I wish I could say you're the first person I've met who wanders directly into the most dangerous possible scenarios," Arcade said once he had the necessary few seconds required to even process what Helen was saying. Maybe that was why he liked Helen so much, being without the Courier was just not as fun.

"You made it out and seem to be in once piece," he said, "looks to me like your luck is rather good, all things considered." Not that luck was some measurable trait. He once tried to use one of those Vigor Testers, and was told he had a luck of 4. That was just ridiculous.

Soon enough the explosives were set off and the vats were as close to hidden as the two could reasonably make them. Arcade nodded in slight satisfaction. Despite the few setbacks, everything seemed just fine to him.

"It occurs to me that I didn't actually thank you," he suddenly blurted after the explosions were finished, "for... well everything once I was reverted back into a child. A lot of people might have just run in that situation, so... thank you."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  11. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 8th Year 7th
    "You can thank Nikola Tesla for that one, James tried to tell me to be reasonable and avoid trouble if I could help it. Nikola feeds into my reckless side and feels what's an adventure without a little excitement?" That was her friendship with him in general. Whenever Nikola contacted her Helen knew she was bound to run into danger. Danger Nikola had likely caused.

Arcade thanked her then after the explosion, thanked her for looking after him. Helen turned her attention back to Arcade and put a hand on her shoulder. "No need to thank me, I did what any decent person would. You can't abandon a child to a bloody monster now can you." If anything could be said about Helen's character it was that she would always go out on a limb, even for a stranger, even for an enemy. Human life was too valuable to be wasted. There wasn't room to be selfish in her book.

"Besides." She tried to brighten the mood. "You are my boss, I couldn't have just left you to some grim fate. Who would run the clinic?" She smirked and started heading back towards the stairs. "Guess it's the long walk again to get out without the power." At least it wasn't dark int he upper floors like it had been in the sub basement. Holding the door open for Arcade she followed up behind him to the fourth floor where they had scaled up the building to get inside.

They made it back to the break room, their gear still set up. Helen would have to get Arcade down first and then start pulling the rig apart so nobody else could just shimmy up and inside. "I'll lower you down and then get the bags down to you so I can pull the lines. Might try to block off this window too. One of these tables should do the trick. Since you did so well climbing up you are about to learn repelling back down is so much faster and easier. Fun too." Helen's idea of fun was explosions and car chases, that told you how scary this might get.

12. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Absolutely nothing," Arcade replied, "it wouldn't be a real adventure without the kinds of stories people instantly declare untrue, also." How to even repeat the story of what happened at REPCONN, or the entire search for prostitutes for the Wrangler?

The hesitant smile on Arcade's face briefly turned genuine at the contact. If he knew what it was, he probably would have recognized how touch-starved he was. As it was, he only noticed that he really liked all kinds of physical affection. As long as the other person didn't laugh when he became embarrassed at the more overt affection.

"Well, I've run into a lot of people who aren't decent," he admitted softly. Raiders, the Legion, the more panicky of wastelanders who would have run before even realizing what had happened to him. True, they were back in his world, but it was hard not to be influenced by that stuff.

He chuckled at Helen's little joke. "None of the others," he asserted, "they refused to take charge when Paracelsus disappeared. Apparently, I'm the only one willing to actually take responsibility." It still annoyed him a little how little the others seemed to care about the clinic having an owner, leaving him no choice but to take over. Still, it was done, so he couldn't keep complaining, just move forward.

The walk back up to the climbing gear was pretty uneventful. The two scientists were back to the break room in no time, with Helen telling him that he was about to have a fun time getting down from the fourth floor.

Something told him that 'fun' in this case was subjective. Well... more than usual. Point is, he examined the rope and drop for a few seconds before nodding. "Right, just show me what I have to do," he said.

Helen Magnus likes this.
  13. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

Killing off an army of vampires in an explosion caused by a high tech holographic map to an underground technologically advanced world bellow the surface of earth? Yes, that was a story a lot of people wouldn't believe. Then again even her mundane stories people wouldn't believe. Like the fact Bigfoot was her custodian, her adopted son was a werewolf, and her best friend was thee Nikola Tesla, vampire, genius, trouble maker. Oh well, nobody needed to believe her, she knew the truth well enough.

"I'm starting to see that, seems like where you come from they need more people who care and less people who only think about themselves. Maybe then the wasteland wouldn't be a wasteland." Helen knew human nature wasn't always to be the best. Someone had to set the example for others to follow. Helen had been that in the Sanctuary, could she expect everyone to follow it? No, some people still worked against what she had believed. The Kali situation had proven that.

Helen had worried about that with the Sanctuary but worse than that she feared a power struggle if anything happened to her. That was why she had Will, there couldn't be any argument over who took command should she die and Will was more than happy to step up.

Once they were back in the break room Helen got back in her own harness and tossed Arcade his so he could put it back on. Of course like before she checked it over before she grabbed hold of the line and clipped him to it. "Alright, so repelling is going to be a little easier. You want to move slow though so not to slip and fall. There is no one bellow to guide you down so slower is better. I'll help you with holding the line here to keep some control. You'll just off the wall and let your line slide but don't let go and don't push off. Think of it as vertical skipping."

This was why they had a climbing setup at the Sanctuary, you could learn in a safe environment with guides to go up and down until it was second nature. They even had release switches to simulate something going wrong so you could handle it. Nothing like learning in the field though, just like the good old days. It's how Helen had learned and she was still alive and well.

14. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "That's what I've been saying for a long time," Arcade said, glad to hear someone agreeing with his worldview. True, the Followers were probably even more idealistic than even he was, but it was still something he had to learn for himself growing up. The Remnants weren't that interested in anything that hopeful.

While the description of 'vertical skipping' didn't summon up the most helpful of mental images, it still seemed straightforward enough. With a nod he walked to the window, taking one look down at the ground before preparing to repel.

Sure, Arcade wasn't really used to heights, particularly not climbing them, but if nothing earlier managed to kill him, clearly this wasn't going to be anything he couldn't handle. That didn't mean he was reckless, of course. Being careful was also how he managed to get this far in life.

Cautiously and carefully, he followed Helen's instructions, slowly lowering himself to the ground. His jumps were rather precise, if hesitant. Eventually he hit the ground and glanced back up at Helen with a proud grin.

Helen Magnus likes this.
  15. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

She had her attention focused on Arcade as he went down, her grip on the guide line as tight as possible so if he did fall she could hopefully catch him. Not that she was going to be strong enough to hold up the full weight of an adult male but she could use the window to brace her own weight long enough for him to hopefully find his balance again.

"Good form Arcade, your practically a pro." She complimented him as he got closer to the ground. Once his feet touched down Helen quickly pulled up the line. "Alright, I'll lower the bags down to you for the samples." Once she had the line back up she used the clips to attach the bags to the line and gently put them down off the ledge of the window so they wouldn't slam into the wall and crack the vials.

"We might want to put a caution on the water sample. Maybe a warning of it being toxic so nobody else at the lab touches it or lets their skin come into contact with it. Could you imagine someones hand aging backwards twenty years?" If they were old they might just have a youthful looking hand but what if they were one of the younger scientists and then ended up with a child's hand? That could be problematic. Odd and problematic.

Once The bags reached the bottom Helen let Arcade unclip them before she pulled the line up again and got ready to go down herself. It would take her a bit longer since she had to remove the climbing spikes from the wall. Hooking her harness in Helen Started to climb down using her hand strength she had built up from years of rock climbing as she went. Getting to the first climbing spike she used her pick to pull it out of the stone since hands alone wouldn't have got it out.

She continued down the rest of the way fairly steady pace pulling the spikes and putting them back into the little pouch clipped to her side before reaching the bottom and doing a final quick drop. Helen pulled the final spike and picked up the rope starting to reel it around her arm so she could stuff it back in her pack. "Well now, that's done, we can get back to the city and get warm at the lab. I'll make us a pot of tea."

16. Arcade Gannon

Arcade Gannon Fallout

Medical Researcher
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Of course," Arcade replied, "I am an expert at not dying. Or ending up in a broken pile on the ground. It's a talent, really." Joking made it easy to not worry about how little he really knew about what he was doing. One wrong move and things would be quite uncomfortable.

Once he was on the ground he quickly unclipped his harness and waited for the bags to be lowered. He nodded at Helen's suggestion, even though she probably couldn't see him from the angle he was standing thanks to the bags.

"Right, we have some labels for toxic materials," he said, "and a special cabinet for them. The water might not be deadly, but we don't want any accidents with that." He could only picture the chaos that would ensue if someone wasn't careful with it.

He wasn't too worried about Helen's descent. She could handle herself much better than most people he knew. He kept an eye on her, but mostly because there wasn't much else to look at. As he expected, she made it to the ground without issue.

"That sounds perfect," he replied with a smile. While he preferred coffee, tea sounded much better at the moment. He didn't need anything making him more jittery.

Helen Magnus likes this.