By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Open KAKURENBO (INFORMATION AND SIGN-UPS)

Discussion in 'RP Requests & Plotting' started by Emi, Dec 4, 2019 at 1:19 AM.

Tags:
  1. Emi

Emi hope is the greatest good of all
    Application Division

pandora's school idol
    Race:
    emo emu
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]
    KAKURENBO: HIDE & SEEK PANDORA EDITION

"Otokoyo is a secret they play in that town. It's a game... of hide...and seek... Sometimes the lights in the town get eerily brighter, and the whole town becomes a maze. But there are signs. If you follow the neon lights of "O", "To", "Ko" and "Yo" then you will find your way. When you get to the end, you'll arrive at the Otokoyo square, and when 7 kids arrive. The game begins. All kids must wear a fox mask to play. Otokoyo is nor a normal game of hide and seek. It's very... dangerous. They say that demons appear to steal away the children who play the game. And it's true, in the game of Otokoyo... kids will... disappear."

DATE INFORMATION:
    Sign-ups: Now until December 28 2019
    Begins: January 1 2020
    Ends: January 31 2020

To celebrate the OOC New Year, Bob will be returning... To kill you all... Or something. This edition is based on the Kakurenbo with its own twists (please watch, it's an interesting movie)!

The Plot:
    Somewhere in late December, just before Christmas, rumors will arise of a secret game being played. Anyone who attended Prisoner's Dilemma might find it familiar: NPCs were suddenly brought somewhere and told the rules of a game. To win they must survive. Most of the others think it's some sort of joke, a game-- It's hard to track disappearances in Pandora, after all. If they're true or not well... You'll find out soon enough.

In Mid-January a group of characters will find themselves brought to an old, industrial-looking town. It doesn't look familiar (perhaps a planet in the Wilderness they never visited). But they're all gathered in the city center. It doesn't matter what they were wearing before but they'll find themselves in a uniform and mask: The same style Abigail was given in Prisoner's Dilemma.

If you take off the masks you're told that the monsters will find you immediately and you will disappear.

The object of the game is explained by a small girl in a fox mask and white robes: Survive until the sun comes up. Follow the letters 'o' 'to' 'ko 'yo' to be led to safety. For some, the journey might be safe, but if you lose the way or mess with the wrong thing... Well, there's no saying that you too won't disappear. It's a game of survival.

IC Rules:
    - Do not remove the masks. Remove the masks and the demons will come for you.
    - You cannot leave the city. If you leave the city you will automatically disappear.
    - Powers mysteriously do not work. It's like the weather in the Vales has jacked it up or something (are you in the Vales then?)
    - Normal weapons (swords) can still be used.
    - Make it to the end of Otokoyo through the night and win.

OOC ACTIVITY & EXPLANATION OF PLAYSTYLE:
    1.) Otokoyo will last the entire month of January, however it will only be taking place from Dusk to Dawn of a singular day.
    2.) All threads will end on Jan 31 2020. No exceptions. Short responses and one-liners are encouraged. It is all right if you never meet the end of the town. This game is more EXPLORATION based and thus not everyone will "finish".
    3.) All threads will be group threads of no more than three people per thread. If you do not respond within 24-hrs you will be skipped until your next position in line. This is to keep the thread moving.

Essentially how it will go:
    Player A: Walks down the hallway
    Player B: Look at a funny statue beside them
    Player C: Decides to hit the statue
    Game-Runner: Statue turns to them and roars

WHAT TO EXPECT:
    Similar to Prisoner's Dilemma Otokoyo is ultimately not a game to play if you do not want to run into trauma. While death is not an essential part of it... It still is a possibility. A big possibility depending on what characters do. Do not sign up if you do not want to run the risk of potential trauma. For this one, however, I will be requesting sign-ups for how far you would like it to go if it comes to it. This does not necessarily mean your characters will die just because you sign up for it!

There is also a SECRET ROLE that will be given out randomly to a singular participant in the game. This will also be given a special sign-up form.

Prisoner's Dilemma set up some elements for the future of Bob and his antics, but Otokoyo will focus on more plot kind of things. As you will be traveling a city it is completely possible to get hints about who Bob is. You know, for the future when you guys maybe get to take him down. Maybe. However, as this is more exploration-based this is going to be a more active, hands-on survival-adventure type that I hope everyone enjoys.

OTHER THINGS
    So I'm really bad at explaining this! I'm trying to give an idea without giving too much away, but if you have any questions please ask! Seriously, ask! I'm happy to clarify anything. Now, I am starting Sign-Ups NOW until December 28. This should give everyone plenty of time to sign up and give me enough time to make any last minute adjustments.

At this time please only sign up ONE CHARACTER PER PLAYER. As I am running this I don't want to get swamped. Right now the aim is to have 6-7 teams of 3. If I can get help running it I might be willing to do more than that, but right now we will see!

If need be I may cap without warning depending on player interest!

Please use this thread for sign-ups and any questions needed to be asked! Thank you!

SIGN-UPS:
    Character Name:
    Trauma Level:
    Minor (scrapes, bruises, twisted ankles/broken pinkies), Moderate (Broken Bones, Small Gashes, Fractured Ribs), Heavy (Potential Death, more potential blood loss, multiple bones)
    Teammate Preference: Please let me know if there is a group you want your character to play with! I will try to honor these, however, adjustments may need to be made. For this one close CR isn't at all necessary.
    Special Role: Would you like your character to have the chance at the special role? Please be aware that signing up for this may involve light mind-control/cohesion to performing it. It will not directly harm any other participants, however.

2. Clayr

Clayr Player

Character Name: Lenalee Lee
    Trauma Level:
    Heavy (or anything lower than that, etc)
    Teammate Preference: Any canonmates (other DGM chars), but, apart from that, nothing.
    Special Role: Absolutely.

GhostOfHalloweenPast and Emi like this.
  3. Harry Hook

Harry Hook Descendants

This sounds fun!!
    Gonna mess with all the wrong things probably tbh.

Character Name: Harry Hook
    Trauma Level: HEAVY, why the fuck not???? I don't know what I'm doing with this idiot anyway, let's just go to town!
    Teammate Preference: No preference! But perfectly open if others want to talk potential teammate stuff, he just knows nobody, so I've got nothing to put here!
    Special Role: SURE WHY NOT!

GhostOfHalloweenPast and Emi like this.
  4. Hunter

Hunter they're in his infinite void of darkness
    Application Division

Natural Disaster
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Character Name: Jaune Arc
    Trauma Level: HEAVY, why not!!
    Teammate Preference: huge preference for @Ruby Rose of course >:)
    Special Role: SURE

Weiss Schnee, Ruby Rose and Emi like this.
  5. GhostOfHalloweenPast

GhostOfHalloweenPast a dragonfly on their way into the sky

Writer & Half-Time Witch
    Race:
    kuo'ma
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Character Name: Max Villemont
    Trauma Level: Minor – Moderate
    Teammate Preference: none that I can think of!
    Special Role: no.

oh, but, if @Octi is ok with it, I'd find, that her getting grouped with Harry Hook could be a potentially really funny thread, if only for the whole pirate thing! yk, "funny" besides the fact that they're caged in a city and dangerous stuff is happening to them, of course.

Emi and Octi like this.
  6. Crescendo

Crescendo Maboroshi Wink~

NEET
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Character Name: Osomatsu Matsuno
    Trauma Level: Moderate
    Teammate Preference: Anyone's fine!
    Special Role: Iiiiiif you want to~

7. Ruby Rose

Ruby Rose RWBY

Felon, Arsonist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Character Name: Ruby Rose.
    Trauma Level: HEAVY. Hit me with that good shit.
    Teammate Preference: huge preference for @Jaune Arc
    Special Role: SURE

Emi and Weiss Schnee like this.
  8. Crystal

Crystal Even in darkness, there is always light

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Character Name: Stiles Stilinski
    Trauma Level: Moderate & Heavy. I'm okay with all of it! xD
    Teammate Preference: None! GO TEAM!
    Special Role: I'D LOVE TO. xD

Emi likes this.
  9. Weiss Schnee

Arsonist
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Character Name: Weiss Schnee
    Trauma Level: heavy : )
    Teammate Preference: @Ruby Rose & @Jaune Arc pls
    Special Role: why not

Emi and Ruby Rose like this.
  10. Keith Kogane

Keith Kogane Voltron: Legendary Defender

Race:
    1/2 Human, 1/2 Galra
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Character Name: Keith Kogane
    Trauma Level: Heavy if I can take death off the table. Near death is fine. Otherwise, moderate please. :)
    Teammate Preference: No preference!
    Special Role: Hell yeah. I'm up for it!

Emi likes this.
  11. Rune

Rune The Cheery Reaper

Collecting souls
    Race:
    Undead
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Character Name: Faile Bashere
    Trauma Level: Minor - Moderate
    Teammate Preference: Nope! She needs to meet people.
    Special Role: YES PLEASE

Emi likes this.
  12. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Spirit/Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Character Name: Cole
    Trauma Level: Minor - Moderate
    Teammate Preference: No, but open to it if anyone else is!
    Special Role: Ah, why not? That's a yes, btw ^^

Emi likes this.
  13. Bremusa

Bremusa Member of the Local Gay Hot Topic Society

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Character Name: Jeanne d'Arc Alter
    Trauma Level: Heavy!
    Teammate Preference: Nah
    Special Role: YES

Emi likes this.