HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Keep it sleazy fellas

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Anomaly, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment

Anomaly's Organizer

Watch me man up like nobody else! I'm gonna man up all over myself!

About MeHey nerds. I'm Anomaly, and I like to role play. I'm a twenty four year old martial arts instructor who writes/illustrates a webcomic on the side. I'm into a variety of different things (as you can tell by my characters), but my favorite stories are either the ones that make you really think, or sell as a comedy but have some really deep, genuine undertones to them. I'm HUGE into musicals ("The Book of Mormon", "Avenue Q", and "Phantom of the Opera" are my favorites), and I'm a big fan of anime and manga ("Fullmetal Alchemist" is my all time favorite, followed by "Death Note" and "Yuri on Ice"). Basically I'm all over the place. Let's plot yo.
    IMPORTANT NOTE (Like, please understand this): Between working over forty hours a week and being responsible for my webcomic (along with having, you know, other hobbies), I AM NOT A FAST POSTER. Please do not expect me to be able to rapid fire, and if something sits without a response from me, please know I'm not ignoring it. I love Pandora with all my heart, but RP is a hobby and I have responsibilities that come first. I may also reply to things based on muse versus when it was last replied to, which I know isn't great, but it helps me actually post, rather than just sit and feel anxious about that one thing that I really owe and then nothing gets done. I probably love you, I probably love our thread, but real life gets in the way sometimes. If you understand that and tolerate my awfulness, then you and I will get along great. Also, I swear a lot, so be ready.

Roleplay PreferencesI'm pretty much game for just about anything, really. I'm much more into characters building a strong relationship though and progressing through that, rather than quick meet and greets. Character chemistry means a lot to me, and I'm fine with sending our characters on adventures together, as long as they bond in the meantime. I get really into character relationships, and it's kind of a bummer when I put effort into a thread and nothing happens between them. I'm good with combat situations too, as I started off role playing in the "Naruto" fandom and have plenty of experience with that, haha. While I do like doing threads that progress characters along in their arc and relationship to each other, I prefer not to do massive group threads or anything that needs to be done fast (unless it's like a cameo to move a plot along, and then I can just crank it out), just because of my schedule. It stresses me out. I also love chatting with people about where we want things to go, so don't be afraid to PM me or find me on Discord to hash out details!

LimitsI am a person of few limits, but sexual assault bothers me. Please don't request to do anything like that with my characters, regardless of the scale of it. Anything sexual involving characters who are minors is off limits too (I don't care if it's fictional). On the other hand, I'm fine with my characters having consensual sex (I play Robert Small for God's sake), as long as it's fade to black (which is a site rule anyway, so yay!). I'm fine with blood, violence, gore, death, etc. Go nuts (as long as you run any big injuries with my characters by me first, of course).

Check out my characters below!

Ivy and GhostOfHalloweenPast like this.
  2. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment

Alfred Pennyworth

Gotham

[​IMG]

At first sight, you might discredit Alfred as your typical butler working for the one percent of Gotham (and now for the one percent of Pandora). Take a closer look and you’ll find that he’s much more than that. Having grown up in a rough neighborhood in East London and having served in the British Special Air Services, this butler is tough as nails. He’ll keep up polite appearances, but he isn’t afraid to tell you like it is and serve a side of sass along with your tea. He can put up a nasty fight too, and he’s made many a person wonder whether he’s really a butler or a bodyguard. Usually these trains would be strange to find in a butler, but they’re appropriate considering that he’s butler to none other than billionaire Bruce Wayne (yes, that Bruce Wayne). Back in Gotham, he knew Bruce as a teenage boy still reeling from the death of his parents, and was struggling to transition from the role of caretaker to parent. Still, he loves that boy more than anything (even if he isn’t a boy anymore, but the Batman), and will do everything in his power to ensure his happiness and well being. Alfred Pennyworth is loyal to a fault, and yes, is certainly worthy of the title of “Batman’s batman”. Even coming to Pandora and realizing that both Bruce and his entire family has suddenly grown much larger will not change that.

Click for Relationships and Ideas

Robert Small

Dream Daddy

[​IMG]

Robert Small is your typical, middle aged New England dad. His indulges in dad jokes, watches the Game, and goes out and get roaring drunk with his best friend most days of the week. He's usually found with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a knife in the other. When he's not whittling or watching classic cinema, you can find him out patrolling the dark parts of town, hunting the supernatural beings that go bump in the night...
    Wait, that's not what normal New England dads do? Well, I guess he isn't that normal then. Robert Small is known as the "bad dad", and it's for a reason. He has a gruff, bad boy exterior, and is more often than not found hanging out at the local bar. He'll tell you an elaborate lie for a cheap thrill, but no one values comfortable silence more than him. If you're up for a drunken adventure, he's the guy to tag along with, but you better keep up. It's not all alcohol and bullshit stories with him though. Robert has a long history of trying to find happiness the wrong way. After his wife died and his daughter left him, he realized he never knew what was really important until it was too late. Now he thinks he's failure of a man and beyond repair. Someday he'll have to deal with that, but for now, why not busy himself with chasing ghosts and taking shots?
    Also, his Boston terrier Betsy was brought into Pandora with him and is available for petting.

Ling Yao

Full Metal Alchemist

[​IMG]

Ling Yao is the twelfth prince of the country of Xing, but you probably wouldn't be able to tell that by looking at him. At first sight, he seems a bit on the goofy side, usually prone to silly chatter and highly likely to mooch food off of you (without paying the bill, of course). Beyond his absent minded exterior though is an ambitious young man who aspires to seize the throne of his country from his thirty four other siblings. His plan for doing so was to achieve immortality by finding the legendary Philosopher's Stone, knowing that it would win him favor with his dying father. Naturally, coming to Pandora has put a dent in that plan. While he still wants to find immortality and get back to the country that needs him, Ling brings to Pandora someone of royal blood who believes that a king is nothing without his people, and will protect those he cares about to a fault. Just don't leave him alone with room service though.​

#2 Anomaly, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  3. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Assassin/Bouncer
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    [squats in like it's none of my business]
    Do I see.... THE dreamiest daddy of all of them????

Okay, hear me out, I am, throwing this ball of self-drag at ya, because, those two, have actually quite a lot in common. Like, let's meet at a bar, start with a friendly drinking competition because "I bet I can chuck more than you" and then go cryptid hunting because why the eff not right?
    Super drunk Hanzo being like "y'can't kill a beast with a knife, yo uknw." and Robert just going "oh you watch me."
    sorry if I'm all over the place but how does that sound? :>

Anomaly likes this.
  4. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    @Hanzo Shimada Heyyyy!!! I'm SO sorry I didn't reply to this sooner! I've been in a funk lately that caused my Pandora-life to suffer, and then I got hit in the face with Robert muse, but Robert muse only, and yeah. But I'm here and HOO BOY YES do I want to plot with Hanzo!!

Yes yes yes these scruffy sad old video game men need to hang out. This plan sounds perfect. These two will probably be on the verge of alcohol poisoning by the end of the night if they try to outdo each other, so OF COURSE they need to go cryptid hunting afterward. ("Seriously you're mocking my knife when your plan is to shoot it with an arrow how stupid is that- Oh shit you're really good.") Let's do it!

Would Hanzo be in Misty Hollow at any point at all? Robert lives there, and that's probably the best spot for drunk cryptid hunting. If not, I'm sure I could figure something else out too. Any dates that work best for you too? Robert arrived mid-September and has sporadic threads until mid-October, so let me know what works for you, and I can cross check it.

Hanzo Shimada likes this.
  5. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Assassin/Bouncer
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Anomaly OHH PLEEASE IT'S ALRIGHT don't worry :'D I totally get that ~

AND YEEEES I'm glad you're on board with this :3c drunk cryptid hunting it is!
    Hanzo currenlty hangs around in Pandora Town, so I hope it'd be no problem for him to make a trip down to Misty Hollow (?) because yes that'd be a totally safe and good idea.
    Late September and the mayority of October are free for mee and should work totally fine :>

Anomaly likes this.
  6. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    @Hanzo Shimada
    Sweet! This all sounds good to me! Would you mind starting it? I'm playing catch up right now, so I'm not sure when I'd be able to get to it otherwise. If you can't, I totally understand and can do it myself, but it may take a while. I'm looking forward to seeing how these guys interact!

Hanzo Shimada likes this.
  7. Hanzo Shimada

Hanzo Shimada Overwatch

Assassin/Bouncer
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    @Anomaly
    SURE! Absolutely no problem! I'm a but busy myself right now but I could get something up by next week if that's ok :>
    If anything's up I'll PM you, alright?

Anomaly likes this.
  8. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    @Hanzo Shimada
    That's perfectly okay, and sounds great to me! Thank you! <3

9. Lonnie Machin

Lonnie Machin DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    @Alfred Pennyworth
    Okay so I got two ideas for this grumpy (not so) old granddad that I thought might be quite fun, but let me know what you think!

Kids on your Lawn
    Okay. Anarky knows Batman, and he knows of Bruce Wayne, but what he doesn't know is that they're in fact the same person. He ALSO doesn't know that Broose has a goddamn SAS man for a butler - and this brings me to my thread idea! Lonnie's been breaking into Corporate CEO types' houses/businesses and fucking with them for what he considers their crimes to be - and Bruceman currently runs Stark Enterprises, unless I'm totally out of the loop.

Now, Lonnie knows Bruce ain't bad, as Corporate Scum™ goes, but he'd still likely want to let the guy know that he's being watched in case any examples of Stark Enterprises being a bad employer show up. To this end, I could have Lonnie break into poor old Broose's Hoose (if @Chen was okay with it, of course!) and search out a Mister Wayne who wasn't in, only to be confronted by the world's most lethal manservant. A running fight could then ensue in which Alfred convinces the unannounced visitor he's, er, overstayed his welcome?

Old Soldier Pals
    You may have one of these already, actually, but I'd love for Alfred and Chief Judge Hershey to find common ground over their soldier-ish careers! Ya Boi would actually remind her a lot of Dredd, who was her friend back home - it's the no-nonsense attitude that does it, as well as the gruffness - and I feel like a friendship could develop from it.

As to how they'd meet for this to even happen... yikes. Well, I dunno what Alfred's daily routine is, but Hershey tends not to get out of the office too often - although she does go to some of the more "secure" drinking places in Silverpool when she absolutely has to get away from work. Perhaps they could meet there? What do you think?

Chen likes this.
  10. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    @Mako Ayyyy thanks for dropping in! I was actually thinking that Alfred needed more non-Batfam threads, so your timing is perfect!

Kids on your Lawn
    Yaaaasss, this would be great! I've been itching to do a good combat scene with Alfred, so I'm 100% down for this idea (Damn kids these days, with their anarchy and breaking and entering). It'll be pretty damn entertaining to watch someone break into Batman's house, only to be chased out by Alfred. XD
    Old Soldier Pals
    I actually don't have anyone to fill this role yet, so this would be fantastic! I think the two would find a mutual respect pretty easily, and it'll be good for Alfred to have someone his own age to chat with (yes he knows Bruce isn't that much younger than him in Pandora but he's still his boy shush). It'll also be interesting since Hershey is very much involved with the Pandora justice system, while Alfred is still getting used to this vigilante business, so cue interesting chats about the crime and justice. You're right that they might have trouble crossing paths given their jobs and all, but I think a secure, not-super-scary bar in Silverpool would do the trick! I think it'd be great!
    When were you thinking you wanted to do these? Alfred has the usual Batfam drama going on, but he should be available for this plot at almost anytime. Did you want to try and squeeze it in end of November, or did we want to wait until after the season change? I'm also game to do both at the same time if you are! Maybe I start one and you start one?

Mako likes this.
  11. Chief Judge Hershey

Chief Judge Hershey Judge Dredd

Head - Dept. of Justice
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    @Alfred Pennyworth
    AYYY

I'll pop Lonnie to the side just for now, as he's, um, a little swamped, but that's okay - I guess if nothing else I now don't have to tell you whether or not either of these threads take place before the season change, incidentally, whoops :'D

SO. By way of apology, I'll be glad to start both threads! With regards to the Hershey/Alfred meetup, what date would be good for you? Hershey isn't exactly over-burdened in December, so any date's good as far as she's concerned.

12. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    Updated to include Rebecca Bunch! The Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is available for plotting in time for Valentines Day!

13. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    Updated to include Ling Yao! Come give the idiot prince some love!

14. FullMoon

FullMoon Player

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @Greed and @Ling Yao

Don't think I have to say more than that, do I? Greed and Ling meeting in separate bodies, there's a lot of potential here right out of the gate, even if I don't really have any particular ideas for a thread in mind, I think we're almost obligated to do something with these two =V

Anomaly likes this.
  15. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    Ling Yao and @Greed
    Yaaaassssssss!!! We need this! I totally want to see what will unfold with the two being able to interact outside of Ling's body, so I will give you all the threads.
    Greed is in Cascade Bay, owning a bar under an alias, right? (I may have done a little creeping on him while I was writing my app, oops.) I'm planning to have Ling travel a bit as a vagabond once he settles, so maybe he goes to Cascade Bay and senses his abnormal Qi? He'd definitely pinpoint him as a Homunculus and want to confront him about it. Then once the truth comes out that he's Greed, Ling can have an "oh shit" moment since he was pulled immediately before he was about to become Greed himself. Ling will definitely want to know as much about his as he can so he can learn more about the Philosopher's Stone (and also morbid curiosity about what might've been his own fate), which Greed can react to however you want. I'm thinking that maybe Ling confronts Greed in his bar (because if any fifteen year old can sneak into a bar to do something other than drink, it's Ling), and we see how things unfold? Does that sound like something that would work for you?

FullMoon likes this.
  16. FullMoon

FullMoon Player

Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Ye! That sounds great! Greed is free for most of February other than the 14th so any time in there could be good for them to meet!

Anomaly likes this.
  17. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    @FullMoon
    Awesome! I think it would make the most narrative sense for me to start as Ling, so I'll get that posted as soon as I'm able! I can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans unfold!

FullMoon likes this.