HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Laureline

Discussion in 'Citizens' started by Laureline, Jul 12, 2018 at 8:38 PM.

1. Laureline

Laureline Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Spatio-Temporal Federal Agent
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    LAURELINE
    'Clearly you've never met a woman.'

[​IMG]
    Played by Blix

Fandom: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
    Species: Human
    Canon Point: Just before handing over the Converter, but after she found out the truth about Planet Mul.
    NPC Companions: N/A

SKILLS & ABILITIES

Mul Converter
    [​IMG]
    A small armadillo-like colourful creature from the planet Mul, this is the last of its kind after its home planet was wiped out during a war. The little creature is incredibly valuable for the fact that it is considered a ‘converter’, this means that the creature can replicate anything it ingests and reproduce it hundreds if not thousands of times. It can create limitless energy if fed a fuel source, or limitless wealth if fed coins, but does require high-grade uranium to ‘recharge’ itself and feed.

Federal Issued Armor
    [​IMG]
    Lightweight tactical space armor, the suit is adapted for both light space travel and hand to hand combat as well as strong enough to protect the wearer from most handgun threads and is tough enough to go through solid steel. The suit comes with a standard issue Federal handgun (more like a space age ray gun that fires plasma bolts, amongst other things than a modern day gun), plenty of ammo, tactical knife, a breather mask/helmet for both water and space, thrusters on the boots and intelligent spider-like robotics that can escape on command and cut through any bindings or restraints. The suit also has an inbuilt computer with tactical information such as comms and navigation, it will automatically connect to the closest network.

Training & FightingLaureline is a highly trained spatio-temporal federal agent at the rank of Sergeant. She works for a special police division created to preserve peace through the galaxy and is used to working in bizarre and unusual environments with human and non-humans alike. She’s highly trained in negotiation, combat, infiltration and tactical planning. She's not only more than capable of looking after herself but she often has to look after her happy-go-lucky and far too reckless partner in crime, Valerian too. it should be noted that she has trained in both ballet and martial arts and when she combines the two her fighting style is particularly graceful!

GunLaureline’s handgun might be standard in her world but it’s anything but standard in most universes. It fires ammo like a regular gun, though instead of bullets it looks more like plasma bolts. That’s not all it does either, it can fire tranquilisers to neutralise the enemy, it can also create circular solid platforms that last for a few seconds allowing Laureline to cross unpassable gaps or canyons. There is also a 'freeze' setting that literally freezes someone into place until they're released, it's a great way to make sure someone doesn't run off or escape, it can also taser people too. It doesn't work like a regular taser, it wraps the victim in electricity and renders them unconscious for a short amount of time. The gun has an invisibility option so it can be concealed too.

Piloting & DrivingBest driver in the galaxy, or so she’d tell you. She’s an extremely good driver and pilot and can handle more normal vehicles as well as spaceships too. She’s fast and smart and though she can be somewhat reckless to make a point, she knows the limits of her driving skills and sticks to them.

IntelligenceLaureline is smart, really smart. She passed her classes at an Ivy League college with flying colours and is widely considered not only one of the smartest agents the division has but also something of a goodie-two-shoes too. She applies her smarts to closing cases, wrapping missions and dealing with the extraordinary events that surround most of her work. She can think and plan on the fly and she isn’t afraid to call people out if she thinks they’re talking bullshit or if she doesn’t like the way something is going. She knows how to work people, she’s likeable and she’s an excellent team player.

She also has an incredibly strong mind, as demonstrated when she broke a record for exposing herself to a mind-reading jellyfish that usually wipes most people out at the fifty second mark and eats their memories. She managed over a minute with no adverse effects.

WEAKNESSES

HumanLaureline is fallible and mortal, she's smart but she's only smart with what she knows. like anyone she can make mistakes and when she thinks with her heart not her head that's usually when she makes one. She can also be wounded and injured just like any regular person and though her mind is strong she's not immune to any abilities within Pandora.

Dumbass MajorsThough he's not here in Pandora, Laureline would be the first to admit (only in the privacy of her mind and certainly not to him) her biggest weakness is Major Valerian. She'd do anything for him, including risk her life. If anyone wanted to manipulate her, he would be the way to do it via memories or abilities or otherwise.

FREEFORM

Every action in the universe, every notable point of history can be boiled down to one simple four-letter word; love. Love is more powerful than anything else in the galaxy. It breaks all rules and laws and overpowers any army or government. People do great things for love, but they also do terrible things too, because love comes in many forms. It comes in the selfless love of a parent with their child, a heart-skipping affair with a lover, the egotistical love of oneself or the love of wealth or power or dominance. Love is more powerful than you could possibly imagine and it is the driving force of everything, in one shape or another.

Most of us don’t choose who we love or why we love them or what that leads us to do in the end, sometimes there’s no accounting for taste either and seeing as we’re being brutally honest here, I’ll include myself in that – love is complex though. Sometimes you can both love and hate how frustrating someone is, but that’s the point. Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes. Some of us, Valerian, make more than others, but that’s what forgiveness is for, that’s how we grow and learn.

That brings me to my next point and eventually it will bring me to explain why I’m standing ankle deep in the ocean in a shredded dress I did not choose, boots I found in the trash and the single most valuable creature in the galaxy in my hand. First, forgiveness. I met some people recently, the Pearls, they taught me a lot about love and forgiveness even though I only met them briefly. Can you imagine being so content with love that you could forgive a man for murdering your daughter and at least six million of your people because, and I quote here, he didn’t want to ‘wreck our economy for the sake of some savages’? Can you imagine forgiving someone like that? I can’t. But they did and…I think that might be a better way. I think we could all learn a lot from these people.

Anyway, so the part where I’m standing in ankle deep in the ocean in a weird dress, boots that don’t fit and have the most valuable creature in the galaxy. I did say I’d explain that didn’t I, I’m going to be honest, I have no idea. I was about to hand this little Converter over to the Pearls, seeing as it was theirs and the last of its kind and they needed to remake their home and the next thing I know here I am.

The funny thing is we’ve been saying we should visit the beach for a while now. Too bad Valerian isn’t here to enjoy it. Also too bad there’s a K-Tron soldier here instead…ugh this is going to ruin my beach day…

#1 Laureline, Jul 12, 2018 at 8:38 PM
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 6:46 PM
    Jake Peralta likes this.
  2. Laureline

Laureline Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Spatio-Temporal Federal Agent
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    [​IMG]

Okay IDK what I'm doing but I think she's ready?​

3. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    your application is
    ACCEPTED

Aaaaayyy, Laureline is good to go!! You know what to do, Blix. 8)

Laureline likes this.