By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Leap of faith

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Ben Reilly, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly Marvel Universe

Daniel's response to his words was fairly instantaneous, he told him he was fine and Ben still wasn't looking at the rainbow haired kid, even as he noticed the use of the word cousin, this time round though he recognised that it was used like he used the word punk. He still half wanted to respond by telling the kid he was not his cousin even with this recognition that the word did not mean what he was saying. Ben focused on calming his rapidly beating heart, barely listening as the other boy spoke of some prosthetic, instead focusing on his inner trauma, the confused mess in his head. He had helped someone, saved someone and he wondered how he could do that considering all he'd done, the shaking was getting worse, he wanted to flee, to find some way to get away from this situation. But then Daniel was speaking to him again and Ben's gaze went from looking for an escape to staring through slightly widened lenses at the rainbow kid.

He swallowed, unsure what steps to take, he wanted to let the kid get himself out of here but glancing at the walls the net was attached too he saw no clear way up. After seeing how Daniel had moved before he was sure the kid could find a way, but he could come to harm in doing so and after what he'd just done to make sure the rainbow kid came to no harm he knew he should get him up there which meant in turn he couldn't just leave. He drew in a deep breath before saying"Ok...I can get you up there." A plan was forming in his head, but it was going to require him getting close to the other teenager but it was a risk he was going to have to take. Swallowing he moved across the web net saying"You're going to have to trust me... I want you to hold onto me tightly around my torso... I will need my hands free... And whatever you do, do not let go... "

Daniel Wing likes this.
  2. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Since it was the first time that Ben didn't kept an eye on him, it noticed on Daniel and he mustered him a bit between his words. It appeared a bit like the panic attacks he had whenever there was some threat to his family, his behavior after nightmares... though not entire like that. Not that he was an expert, he just tried to keep up despite that himself, but the difference in his body language was notable and with how quick he'd reacted to save him, he couldn't imagine it being from shock over the situation. Seemed more like bugface had experience doing this, not that the boy would comment on this except the thanks he'd already said. Well, maybe ask and try to make it up in some way, saving his life wasn't something he liked to leave open.
    First they should got back to the roof though – even if the other looked at him... baffled or so at the question. Hard to tell with the mask. But he respected the need for anonymity too, hadn't asked him for a name for the same reason. Living in hiding himself it was something he could relate to. And after all he provided a solution after a bit more waiting time, that he spend looking for a second option, one he could manage on his own, but not spotting something right away.
    “Sure thing.” he agreed. “I've got no intention to drop to my death.” Also Alex would kill him for being that stupid after he just got well again. “Back or front?” was all he wanted to know, calming waiting for the other to come over to him because it seemed he needed to get over some inner boundaries there and had previous shown quite some indications that he'd rather not have people near if it could be avoided. “And if I wouldn't trust you, I'd stabbed you right away when you grabbed me.” Soldiers had tried that more than once, though he was making his decision up more on his feeling than any evidence. Simply offering some pure trust without strings attatched, without Ben having to prove himself first or explain much.

Fleet likes this.
  3. Ben Reilly

The other responded to his words with agreement, saying he had no intention of falling to his death, Ben did not grace that with an answer, instead he warily moved closer rolling his shoulders as he did so. He found it easy to balance on the web net thanks to his spidey abilities which was perhaps why he chose to move towards the other boy and at his question he indicated behind him as that would have less awkward consequences. He didn't trust his voice at that moment, so kept quiet, Ben could feel a nervous tightness to his form and he was not looking forwards to being so close to the other boy, not because there was anything wrong with Daniel but because his own issues lead to the thought of another being near him enough to make his skin crawl.

His mind was still reeling over what he'd done and yet he'd managed to tone down the shaking slightly, if only because he wanted the rainbow kid to trust him enough to not lead to him letting go when they were in the air. Beside Daniel now he gave the other boy a nod to suggest he take hold of him now even as the other spoke about trust and a spark of his old self showed through as he snorted saying"Stabbing when I grabbed you would of been stupid of you and would of signed your death warrant as you fell to your death... You've shown you're not entirely dumb punk, you'd of let me grab you even if you didn't trust me in the hope that it would end with you living unless of course you wanted to die."

He was tense, his senses on high alert as he felt the other taking ahold of him, he could feel his skin crawling beneath the suit at the contact but he was grateful for the suits protection, the material it was made of was tough and not as easy to break as it looked. Bringing his hands up he examined the building they wanted to get up and his middle fingers curled inwards, again he twisted his hands slightly but this time in a different way to how he'd created the web nets. The web shot from his hands and fastened on the building.

He drew back, guiding Daniel with him as he gave an order"Whatever you do, don't let go until I say so." then pulling both bits of web into on hand he extended on stinger and sliced through the net before taking hold of the length of web once again as the net beneath them fell away. Once again they were falling, but this time Ben's webbing was more elasticity and as they reached the end of its tension, it bounced them back up towards the roof tops like a bungee cord.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  4. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    So back it was. Sensible choice and he'd just as little intention to let this become awkward. That was why he waited on another sign allowing him to actual touch Ben, already trusting him enough to not ask about the plan. „You're underestimating my stubbornness.” Was his dry reply regarding the stupidity of stabbing someone who was up to save him. „Though for me to consider that you'd have to be the one to chase me off the roof first place in which case I'd rather take my chances with the building ledge some feet down.”
    Of course he wasn't dumb, but he tended to make choices in dangerous situations with his heart and not his intellect. Getting him into trouble at times, though making him a valuable friend to have around. Dying he rather not talked about, as he'd been there until this month, being in enough pain during his headache attacks to wish it'd be that easy. And before, believing there was no other way for him to end. Years where he'd taken the risk of death every day.
    But not today. Now he hold tight to the older one - with them being of almost the same height doing some sort of piggyback would've probably been easier, but it was his plan, so he didn't question it. Just holding on he could do, even back with his wavering health. There wasn't much guidance needed, did he move with ease in accord to his movements, already guessing what this trick would lead to.
    „Alright.” He confirmed once more that he was ready and could do this, gripping tight when they dropped. Sliding down a bit when they reached the lowest point and gravity threatened to pull him down further - this really would've been easier with a piggyback or even some military carrying method, especially with the suit giving him not much to grasp unlike normal clothes. Daniel managed. And trusted Ben to have enough of an idea of what he was doing to not turn this into the deathtrap of an upward fall.

Ben Reilly likes this.
  5. Ben Reilly

Ben could feel the others grip slipping, his blue gaze narrowed behind his lenses causing the lenses themselves to also narrow and his grip on the web tightened as inside his head a chant started 'come on, come on, come on!' But he said nothing as the elastic in the webbing shot them skywards his face twisted into a scowl as he concentrated, they were nearing the top of the building now, and then they were higher than it. The moment they were higher than the building Ben let go of the webs and spoke his command"Let go now!" The moment he felt the rainbow hair kid do so he was twisting, grabbing the other boy and thrusting him towards the building, hoping he knew how to fall into a roll otherwise his landing on the rooftop was going to be painful.

Ben himself, was dropping back below the rooftop now but then web was shooting from his wrist again and connecting to the building, allowing him to swing himself along the side of the building before going into a flip which took him skywards. He was above the building now, twisting he directed himself onto the rooftop, dropping into a roll as he hit it, ignoring the pain the landing sent through him from taking it too fast, making it a hard landing. But he forced himself to roll to his feet muttering"Why did I do this..." Quietly to himself even as he turned his gaze towards Daniel, wanting to shove the emotional storm within him away for just a little while longer as he called out"You ok, punk?" Even as he spoke the Scarlet Spider shook out his arms, attempting too loosen his tense muscles and perhaps even calm his fast beating heart.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  6. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Would this flight go on longer, Daniel probably would fall off or adjust his grab to somewhere the other was less comfortable with. Saying something wouldn't make it better though, so he simply hold tight and waited for the signal, keeping track on the surroundings as best as he could. Following the command without hesitation and reacting in an instant when Ben spun his movement towards the roof, a team trick that needed them working together so it wouldn't end with both of them taking an unfortunate fall.
    Of course he knew how to take a fall, even from higher up, rolled off with ease. If he'd known this to take on such extends he'd put on a jacket with more padding. But he landed safe and by the time Ben had found his own way back up, probably using more of his tricks, the boy was back on his feet, only slightly rubbing his shoulder. “I'm fine, cousin.” he replied back, smiling. No need to worry about him – and it felt good to know that stunts like that wouldn't send his sense of balance haywire anymore, having him dropping to his knees, unable to stand, let alone keep the control for a safe fall.
    Seemed he owned Ben two favors now, but the one for saving his life was one he'd pay back without telling him. One day. He had a good memory, would figure something out – and really, this had been fun, would be great to repeat. “So, I guess we have a draw here” After all there little race was quite interrupted. Daniel looked to the tower, within easier reach now, guessing his chances of winning when they'd start from the bottom. “You alright? We could try and do it again from just the base to the top.” That he could talk calm like that came from too many dangers gone through, forcing him to slip back into focus within a short time. Only later would he realize the danger and need a moment to really calm down.

Ben Reilly likes this.
  7. Ben Reilly

Daniel responded quickly to his question, but Ben was visually assessing the other teenager despite this noting the way he rubbed as his shoulder. He should ask after it, but even as he thought that he remembered doing similarly for his fellow Web Warriors, his comrades, his friends all whom he'd betrayed, he had no right too do so here. He turned his gaze aside, a tenseness in his form once again as his mind started too race What am I doing? I shouldn't be here, I shouldn't be talking too this kid, I need too get out of here... His thoughts were racing so loudly and fast that he barely heard Daniel say they could count that as a draw, in face the world around him was becoming nothing but muffled noise until Daniel asked if he was alright before suggesting another race. Ben knew he could not do that though, he wasn't alright and nor did he have any right too be alright ever again, let alone happy.

He glanced briefly towards Daniel, he seemed OK, Ben could leave him and he'd be alright. So swallowing he did the one thing he'd always been good at and spoke coldly, icily"I don't have time for kids game, this has been a pointless waste of my time!" It was a lie, he had had fun, he wanted to do more but with all he'd done he did not deserve this small joy. Then stepping towards the edge of the building he spoke over his shoulder too the other boy"See you around punk.... Or not!" Then he was elegantly diving from the building, before shooting some web from his wrist and within seconds he was swinging away through the steets in a way only a web swinger could and all the while he was surprised to feel an ache in his heart, later he would know it was guilt interspersed with longing but now he just felt he deserved that pain.

Daniel Wing likes this.
  8. Daniel Wing

Daniel Wing Legend

Race:
    human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Directory:
    link
    Even though he rubbed his shoulder, nothing was serious wrong, was it more a habit of caring for hurts when having nothing else. But he didn't needed help so that was why he considered continuing with the challenge. It was fun. Good workout and he obviously needed to get the grip on his shape back, if he ever wanted to really go out and hunt monsters with Alex... or just keep up with her at all, being non-human and all.
    He didn't notice how bugface had way other ideas until he spoke to him, tone suddenly aggressive, pushing him away. Confused him more than it hurt, because Daniel had been quite sure that they had have fun – and when he had no time, didn't wanted to do this, why had he done so first place? It was enough to leave him speechless until Ben had made his way, fleeing, while he still stood on the rooftop, shaking his head slightly at that odd behavior. Well. He'd keep an eye out for him. There still was an favor open and he wouldn't forget just because of this.

(you can close the thread now!)

Ben Reilly likes this.