HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Lessons Learnt, Lessons Taught

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Eve, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    27th November
    @Cole

It had been a long and emotionally draining night. Cole had an...unconventional way of helping, and Arcade had left in the afternoon to go be with John. So when Eve feel asleep on the couch, was it really a surprise to anybody?

Probably not.

Still, the morning had come. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the vampires were turning to ash, and all kinds of people were starting their morning routines. And Eve was... still asleep on the couch, mumbling slightly, and moving around a bit.

She didn't mean to wake anyone up. Unfortunately, she did.

Cole likes this.
  2. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole really hadn't had any plans in mind to stay in this place...didn't plan much beyond where the hurts led him, really. But here there was necessity. There were gaps to be filled, and rough parts to be smoothed over, and somehow there was...a reason to stay?

Falling asleep had been an accident. The longer his body stayed this way, the longer he was more of a human, the more his body wanted to be a human. And sometimes it did things he didn't expect it to, for instance...falling asleep, somewhat ungracefully, leaning against the side of the couch, settled on the floor, hat clutched tight in his hands as he kept his vigil.

That was broken when he was aware of moving and sound, and he was raising his head, trying to be alert right away, not quite getting there, blinking somewhat in the unexpected light. Eve was sleeping on the couch, but either she was waking up, or she was dreaming.

Cole leaned in a little, tilting his head to one side, rubbing at his eyes with the back of one hand, then cautiously reached out to touch her shoulder. "Eve? Are...are you...all right?"

3. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve started awake, sitting up, as soon as Cole touched her shoulder, before relaxing. "Just a nightmare," she said quietly, almost subdued (which considering her usual quietness, was rather an achievement). "I'm fine," she said, rubbing her arms as if she was cold.

She seemed to only register the not-quite-human properly then. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" she asked. She hadn't realised she was falling asleep until she did.

Couches were more comfortable then she remembered.

Cole likes this.
  4. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Yes, but it is all right. I did not mean to sleep. I was going to keep an eye on you. I know you do not need me to protect you but...I felt better trying to keep watch. It always helped my friends back home that I could stay up and watch out for them."

Cole got to his feet, wincing a little but stretching, then putting his hat back on. "...do you...want to talk about the nightmare? It is over now, and you are here where you are safe, and...cared for. Does that make it better?:

Eve likes this.
  5. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve looked at her hands. "I didn't realise at the time..." she started hesitantly. "What I was doing. I thought killing was my reason for being. And now I know it was wrong, but I can't get their faces out of my head," she said sadly.

She looked at Cole and nodded slowly. "Arcade is nice... but I'm scared."

Cole likes this.
  6. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Because...people have not always been nice. And sometimes you wonder why people are being nice to you." Cole sat a bit gingerly on the arm of the couch. "You aren't a weapon, Eve. You're someone, you've always been someone. Arcade sees the someone. He doesn't see a weapon at all. You're Eve, first and foremost and only."

Eve likes this.
  7. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve blinked and looked away. "Arcade doesn't know..." she said quietly. "What if he finds out and it changes what he thinks of me?" she said sadly. It felt better, in a way, to finally confess that. Arcade was so nice, so kind. But people reacted differently to her once they knew the truth.

She was scared that Arcade would too.

Cole likes this.
  8. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "...Arcade wouldn't hold it against you. He would feel sorry that you had to go through that. I'm sure of it. What I've seen in him, of where he...of what he came from...he would understand, Eve. ...and if for some strange reason he didn't, I would. I know what it is to be a weapon against people, even if our circumstances were different. I don't think any less of you, I never would. He wouldn't either."

Cole stood after a moment, smiling as best he could. "It feels better to talk about it openly. Sometimes holding things inside hurts more."

Eve likes this.
  9. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Really?" Eve said with hope. "I'm always so afraid of him changing his mind. What if he decides he doesn't want me anymore, or I'm too hard, or to much of a bother? He's done so much for me, I wouldn't blame him." she finished sadly, looking down at her hands.

"I suppose so," she replied to Cole's comment. "But if I had ever said anything like this to my last guardian... I've just gotten used to bottling it up."

Cole likes this.
  10. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Even if he did, this world is filled with very nice people. But...I don't think he will. I think he likes having you with him. You need help and care, but so does he. You're good for him, just as he is for you. You show each other new things. It...it is all a good thing."

He looked around a bit. "I should...I should probably...leave? Soon, anyway, I...don't want to be a bother much more. But...if you want me to stay with you a while longer, I...can?"

Eve likes this.
  11. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve smiled to herself as Cole began to talk about how she and Arcade were good for each other. When he started to talk about leaving, she shook her head. Arcade wasn't home yet, and she was sick of being alone. "Stay," she asked hesitantly. "Please."

There was a pause.

"Arcade would worry about you if you left before he came back."

Cole likes this.
  12. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole was silent for a moment, tilting his head as though listening to something, then shaking his head out a little. "Yes. ...I am afraid he will worry when I leave no matter when it is. I do not want that. I didn't want to become something new to fret over. He was happy with you, and with where he is. ...happier. I didn't mean to make things change."

Eve likes this.
  13. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve shook her head. "Arcade worries," she said with fondness. "He always does. It's part of who he is, I've noticed." She smiled slightly. "I've never had someone worry about me before. Well..." there was Sven, came the thought, unbidden, to her head. She shook her head. She couldn't think about that. She'd never see him again, and there was nothing she could do to help him now.

Cole likes this.
  14. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole was quiet for a minute before glancing back at her. "It's not wrong to miss what you left behind. You may not see him again, but that does not take away what he did for you."

He turned back to her, silent a moment before speaking. "You...should eat? It is supposed to be best to eat regularly, yes? You are young and growing."

Eve likes this.
  15. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve sat up in surprise, and winced inwardly. She had forgotten what Cole could do. She took a breath. "I...owe him. And what I did..." And then he talked about food, an odd subject change. "So are you," she replied, but got up and moved to the kitchen. Pulling out a piece of bread, she munched on it, plain and untoasted.

Cole likes this.
  16. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole trailed along after Eve, watching her eating the piece of bread, unable to stop a reflexive nose wrinkle. "Not like you. ...and your friend, back home, I...from what I see of him in you, I don't...I don't think he would want you to be unhappy. You have a chance to be something more than you were before, and that is a good thing. It is...like that for me. I have a whole new world of people to help. It is good."

17. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve looked down at the ground. "He was nice to me... and I killed him," she said sadly. "What does that make me?" She knew that she had a new chance here, with Arcade and John, and and and. But she still couldn't help but wonder, and grieve.

Cole likes this.
  18. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole was quiet for a moment, before, a little awkwardly, reaching out to put a hand on her shoulder. "Did you want to kill him, or did you have to kill him? It is...it is different. Doing something because you felt you had to...it might not be a good thing. It could still be awful. But you aren't awful. Circumstances can make a person be something they would not be."

19. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I didn't want to kill him," Eve said sadly. "But Torneo asked, and he was going to die anyway, and if I did it he might have survived, but I'm never wanted to kill him." There was a long, long, silence. "But I'm never going to see him again."

Cole likes this.
  20. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "People do a lot of things they might not want to do, when situations are dire. It doesn't make them bad people. You aren't a bad person, Eve. You just...lived a life that was worse than it should have been, for someone like you. It feels as though...good people suffer too much, for reasons that are...not their own."

Eve likes this.