HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete Lessons Learnt, Lessons Taught

Discussion in 'Residences' started by Eve, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve blinked. "I don't.... I don't.... I hurt him," she said. "There was another way, I know that, but I couldn't see it, and he payed the price." Eve punched the table, hard, unable to express her anger another way. "I should've seen another way."

Cole likes this.
  2. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "It is easier to see things behind you than ahead of you, sometimes. I can see all the things I should have done yesterday, but none of the things I might have to do tomorrow. Does that make sense?"

Cole reached out a bit belatedly, taking hold of Eve's hand that had punched the table, and holding it between his. "It's okay to be angry, but...it is better to not hit when you are. My friend Varric taught me that. It hurts and it frightens. He said something to do is...to draw how you feel? Do you know...how to do that?"

Eve likes this.
  3. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Hindsight," Eve said, nodding. "But I know I could've done something. What's the point of these powers if I can't save someone who helped me?" She went to punch the table again, and then Cole took her hand, causing her to pull it slightly out of his grip in surprise, before stopping.

She tilted her head. "I've never drawn... anything," she said. "My previous guardian didn't really encourage creativity."

Cole likes this.
  4. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole nodded a bit solemnly. "Yes. My powers feel that way sometimes too. I always see pain in people, always see things that hurt, in everyone, aches and desires and darkness inside. But I don't always see what's right to fix it. I can't always find a good path. It...feels unfair, sometimes, to feel their pain but not be able to make it stop. But...I can help the ones I can see and...I am...I am trying to learn that, once I have done what I can do, that is enough."

Cole looked around a little. "I'd...like to see you draw something. Are there...things we could use? Parchments and quills? I've seen some artists use bits of burned wood to draw before."

Eve likes this.
  5. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve nodded, and tilted her head. "Parchment? Arcade has some pens and paper, but no parchment," she said, getting up and grabbing said items. She wondered what kind of technology level Cole was from that parchment and quills was what he thought of.

"Cole," she asked curiously, "have you ever heard of the internet?"

Cole likes this.
  6. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole tilted his head to one side, reaching up to push his hat back slightly. "Inter...net? I...I-I haven't heard that word before. ...that is not more food, is it?"

Eve likes this.
  7. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Okay, so that cleared that up. "No, its... a kind of.... thing," she said, trying to explain and failing miserably. "It's a way of talking quickly over long distances, and finding out information, and storing information. Like a library, but more convenient," she said, enjoying the feeling of being able to explain something, even if she wasn't explaining it very well.

Cole likes this.
  8. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Oh. Libraries are nice. They're peaceful, and people looking at their books bring up the most amazing pictures in their heads sometimes. I like to sit with them and listen. They ease their pain with stories, and everyone sees the same story in a different way. ...you can talk with people at long distances? You aren't supposed to talk in a library, that is what Dorian would tell me."

9. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve shook her head. "It's not quite a libr-," she said, cutting herself off when she realised something about how Cole was talking. "You talk about seeing stories in head, but never about reading them. Cole, can you read?" she asked, sounding, not annoyed, but concerned. Reading was incredible. To not be able to read was a terrible thing.

Cole likes this.
  10. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "I can...see things, in people. The words mean things to them. The shapes in their head can make things for me, that I can understand. Books are just...dusty things, they aren't as interesting as the people who use them."

Eve likes this.
  11. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve sat upright. "No!" she said, sounding legitimately distressed. "Books are... books are wonderful. They take you places that you'd never be able to go otherwise, that nobody would be able to go otherwise," she stopped, and took a breath, calming herself down. "Even if you don't like books," she explained, sounding calmer and more reasonable, "reading is an important skill that most people know. It helps people communicate, share information, and connect. Reading and writing are both important."

A long, long pause.

"I could teach you..." she offered quietly.

Cole likes this.
  12. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole looked at Eve with some surprise, almost seeming slightly taken aback. "...that causes so much in you," he finally said softly. "My friend Cassandra loved the stories in her books, Varric wrote them...he said the people in his head wouldn't stop talking to him, to each other."

He looked thoughtful for a moment, then shrugged a little, lowering his gaze. "If...that would make you happy...I suppose I could do that for you."

Eve likes this.
  13. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Books mean a lot to me," Eve admitted. "They're a way to experience things that I'd otherwise never be able to," she said, leaving the word escape unsaid. "I've read about that," she replied to Cole, as he talked about Varric. "Writers sometimes lose control of their own characters, or the books write themselves."

Eve brightened, and a smile played at the edges of her face. "Really?" she asked, sounding excited. "That would be amazing. And reading and writing is an important skill, too. It'll help you use the internet."

Cole likes this.
  14. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "...well, if...if that is something you want, then...well, it seems very important to you. I'm...glad you had books to help you with things in the past, it sounds as though they were rather good for you. Maybe the books in my world were...different. Until I left the Spire, and met Varric, and people outside, books were just...tools, used by the mages, used by the Templars. They didn't do anything else. Outside, though..."

He looked thoughtful for a moment, before looking around the room. "Where is this...internet?"

Eve likes this.
  15. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve smiled shyly, as Cole talked about books, and his friends. She shook her head though, when he asked about the internet. "The internet...." she said, working out how to phrase this, "isn't really a place. It just kind of exists. I can show you, if you want to see." she offered.

Cole likes this.
  16. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    "Oh. Like the Fade? It is something real, but it is beyond a place where people could reach it, normally. ...yes, if it is something safe, I...I would like to see it. But only if it is safe. I do not want to put you in risk for something such as this."

Eve likes this.
  17. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve stood up and walked into another room, grabbing her phone from where she had left it. "Come see," she said to Cole, inviting him to view the phone screen as she pulled up her Starkbook profile page.

Cole likes this.
  18. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole wandered along after Eve, giving her phone a somewhat curious look, coming to look at it. "This...thing is the internet? ...I thought it would be bigger."

Eve likes this.
  19. Eve

Eve Black Cat

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Eve shook her head. "It's a way to access the internet," she said, browsing some pages. "The internet is all around us, like the Fade you were describing."

Cole likes this.
  20. Cole

Cole Dragon Age

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Cole looked a bit concerned at that, raising his head to look around, frowning at the room. "...this room stays the same too much, it's not at all like the Fade. The Fade is always changing." He looked back at the phone. "...what does it do?"

Eve likes this.