HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Let me show you

Discussion in 'Elsewhere In Pandora' started by Toby Daye, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

how I kick it when I'm at home

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley

If Crowley said Juliet could have a bowl, then Juliet could have a bowl. Toby wasn't about to deny her any coffee if her owner said it was cool. She poured herself a mug then poured her a bowl full and set it down for the hound to have whenever. She put two sugars in hers and mixed it in, before taking a sip and finding a spot for the pans. Frying things up was decently easy as long as there were instructions.

But then the demon asked about the fae and the way he described his own world's fae was similar yet not similar all at the same time. Which was the same as her own in some ways but sounded entirely different in all the other ways. Well, maybe just the bit about the other dimension was true, everything else sounded... weird to Toby. The brunette paused for a second to take another sip of her coffee before she shoved the pans into what looked to be a decent spot in the kitchen.

"My world's a lot different." Toby wasn't sure she would have survived in some of the other worlds of fae. There were crazy things that wouldn't have happened in her own and changelings were treated so differently. "We're a fractured lot. Hiding among humans because they out number us by a lot and they use to burn us at the stake for being different. For having magic." Crowley didn't need to know that such a thing was one of the only ways Toby could have actually died. No one needed to know that.

She had told a few people about her world. The wizard, Kirk, Tom, John, Qrow, and now Crowley. She hadn't had these conversations with Stiles or any of her clients, or even the other fae that she had known in Pandora. "Modern day America, not anything supernatural known to the humans. We hide in pockets of other dimensions that we've found and cultivated over the years, except everything is falling apart the more that human civilization takes over. Carved into hierarchy systems like royalty where there are king and queens, then high kings and queens. Each kingdom has it's own laws and rules and norms." She was going over the basics, placing her coffee mug down to pick up a few pillows from the boxes to throw them on the couch. They had been washed right before the move, so Crowley should have been fine with it.

"Thousands of different types of fae. Different magics, different everything really. From invisible glass air fae that you can only see in a certain light or dimension, to underwater fae that are half orca and half humanoid." A world within a world. "Only one rule to follow: thou shall not kill. Purebloods at least." Changelings were trash and would always be in almost all kingdoms. They could age and die. They were weak. "A bunch of crazies with no morals beyond the ones they want, doing whatever they want, as long as they can get away with it. I think you'd fit right in." It did sound like the type of world the demon could probably find hilariously fun for awhile. He'd just be mixing with some ruthless people if he did.

She pulled out the throw blankets next, folding them decently and then putting them on the arms of the couch. It wasn't cold now but that wasn't to say she wouldn't want one every once in awhile. She looked at the demon over her shoulder and then shrugged. He could make of it what he wanted. It was the world she had grown up in. She wasn't about to ask what Hell was like.

Crowley likes this.
  2. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural
    Simon Lewis stresses me out

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

On one hand, Crowley didn't care about other worlds. He didn't know if he could call that demonic callousness, or Crowley callousness, but he simply didn't give a damn if it didn't directly effect him. That was why he had never inquired about Remnant from Qrow (not that it was necessary now), or about Simon's world, or Annie's, or Wanda's. He found the long exposition about places he would never visit incredibly boring, or, worse still, they sometimes imparted a vague sense of melancholy because he would never visit those worlds. Why hear about things that would never impact your own life?

Toby was a unique case, because Toby came from a place where there were a great deal of creatures that Crowley didn't know a damn thing about, and those things could easily end up in Pandora. From Qrow's most basic descriptions, and the huntsman's own memories, the demon understood Grimm implicitly. He understood vampires, even if they varied from the ones he was used to. But fae? Crowley only understood them in the barest of senses, so he listened to Toby closely when she spoke, gleaning as much information as he could from her words, her tones, and what he could sense wasn't being said.

Really, it didn't sound terribly different from his own world, except, for whatever reason, the humans of her world seemed to have put the fear of God into her kind. Then again, he had a skewed perception even of his own home. Crowley had been human once upon a time, and then had been a demon. By the time he was mingling with humanity again, he had had the protection of Lilith and, in turn, all the forces of Hell at his back. Until the Winchesters, Crowley had never had to fear anyone. Even angels had been loathe to ever step on toes, lest Hell retaliate violently.

He mused as he continued cleaning and listening, stepping around Juliet who was delicately slurping her coffee with more grace than one might expect. "Purebloods being pure fae, yes? Can the different subtypes interbreed? Would that still be pureblood?" Crowley asked quickly, betraying his interest. After a moment, he shrugged, then shook his head.

"I've had about enough of fighting among crazies with no morals. It was one thing before that damn ritual, but since then it's just exhausting." He chuckled humorlessly. While he might enjoy the undoubtedly chaotic politics of her world for a time, Crowley felt aggravated just thinking about it. "I take it from your tone that you're not one of these purebloods." He observed fondly.

Crowley took a step back and eyed the latest window approvingly. It was gleaming. "Always preferred the mongrels, myself. We're a better lot." He quipped lightly. "That said, I'm tempted to send Charming a firmly-worded letter about the state of his friggin' house. I don't even want to approach the bedrooms. You're both disgusting. God knows what I might catch."

@Toby Daye

Toby Daye likes this.
  3. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley

The difference was numbers and weapons. Fae from Toby's world could live forever as long as they weren't killed or died in some sort of accident. Murder was typical. But additionally they were also slow to procreate. For whatever reason families didn't have more than one or two children on average, ever. For hundreds and hundreds of years. Or thousands. It wasn't like the population grew or evolved much, always stuck in a stasis. The same faces forever, minus a few select situations.

"Yes and yes. Though the more you mix your bloodlines the more unstable the fae becomes." As well as the different types and how compatible they were with each other. A lot of faerie didn't even know how things were split but again, Toby was different. She was Dochas Sidhe. If she could smell a fae's blood, she could tell the differences between the types and how strong each bit was. "Two's typically alright but once you're mixing three you're messing with fire." Human blood didn't matter though. It was almost like human blood mellowed everything out.

But Toby, a pureblood? Never. Never had been and hopefully never would be. Crowley managed to turn the conversation from a potentially touchy subject onto something that was a little more manageable. The state of Qrow's house. Which really wasn't that bad in Toby's opinion but again she might have not been the best choice for such an opinion. The brunette laughed slightly though and rolled her shoulders into a bit of a shrug. "They're not that bad." In fact, it looked pretty straight forward. A regular bed room.

"I'm a changeling. My father was an immigrant from Ireland who moved to San Francisco shortly after World War Two with his family. My mother was a fae playing faerie bride." Which meant Toby's father had no clue who his pretty wife was. Which was typically the case when someone was dealing with a faerie bride situation. Toby had gone that route thinking that the human world was better for her than the fae one but that hadn't been true. She was stuck between worlds and she hadn't been able to find her place. Pandora was sort of an odd blessing in that way. She didn't have to be anything but herself.

Instead she took another deep drink of her coffee and then moved back to her boxes. Moving a few things out of them and trying to figure out what she wanted to put where. She just didn't know how to fit all of her things into Qrow's house. She didn't know what he didn't want moved or what he was okay with moving. They really hadn't had that conversation yet and she still felt like she was somehow invading his personal space any time she put something "away" or "down". So she fiddled with a couple of her shoes, not sure if she should put them in the master bedroom or in the hallway closet or... fuck, she didn't know. Everything was just a little weird for her.

Qrow Branwen and Crowley like this.
  4. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"I see." Crowley mused, nodding along with her words as he fussed over the window hangings, which were in sore need of a good wash, but that would take ages. Still, he was in for a penny, in for a pound at this point, so he sighed and carefully pulled them down, snapping his fingers to summon another bucket, which he immediately filled with hot water from the sink, still pondering Toby's odd world. "They're not that-- you don't get an opinion. You caused half the mess, I'm sure!" Crowley exclaimed threateningly, pointing a scrubby-brush at her before he hauled the bucket back into the living room and added a careful measure of cleaner.

Then, sitting down tailor-style, the demon plunged the drapes into the bucket and began to churn the water. He was, of course, perfectly aware that washing machines existed for this very purpose, but for whatever reason Crowley still didn't bloody trust the things. They seemed too convenient, and he didn't believe they did the job properly at all. He had time and endless energy, so he might as well do it manually.

Hearing her talking of changelings so seriously was a rare moment in which Crowley felt how he imagined most human beings felt when they discovered the existence of witches and demons and angels and all manner of supernatural things. He could still, however dimly, recall the very few moments in his own childhood when his mother had been of a temper well enough to tell him anything besides a curse or a swat to the head. It had usually involved horrible stories of faeries replacing human babes with horrible changelings. She'd often implied that he was probably one.

"I was under the impression that a changeling was an adult faerie under the guise of being an infant." Crowley pointed out before he could help himself, looking at Toby curiously. "I take it, in your world, they're half-breeds?" He asked, perhaps a bit callously. It didn't occur to him that it was a sensitive subject. "Hm. I like your version better. Always found it friggin' strange to imagine some full-grown faerie man pretending to be a baby."

Leaving the drapes to soak, Crowley stood up and dried his hands magically, stomping over to where Toby was lingering like a preteen at a school dance. Snatching the shoes from her rudely, the demon flicked his wrist to open the hall closet, shoving Qrow's unnecessary shit out of the way to set them down. "You need to assert dominance early, love. Men are idiots." He said confidently. "You're expected to take over anyway. He's a waste of space anyway and he knows it. Might as well take up what you can."

@Toby Daye

Qrow Branwen and Toby Daye like this.
  5. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley

Half breeds. There was a little bit of a shrug at his words. "Not always half and half. The best way to describe it is fae blood mixed with human blood. At least enough that they can see the faerie magic." Mostly having to do with the illusions that Toby normally wore. She hadn't put one on the moment that Crowley had shown up which might have been a little weird but the demon already knew she was fae. Plus Toby had been too damn overwhelmed by unicorn blood to go along with the hellhound with a water hose that she just hadn't cared afterwards.

"That's a type of fae, not changelings back home." But it was more of a trick situation more than anything else. Faerie had liked to mess with humans more than anything else back in the day. There had been a lot less general entertainment before things like movie theaters and the thousands of other things a modern world had. Humans could still be entertaining without drawing too much attention to what they were.

Which was about where her thoughts had circled around to while she crouched next to her cardboard boxes. Until Crowley snatch her shoes from her and magick'd her shoes into the hallway closet. Her eyebrows raised slightly at the sight of Qrow's things shoving to the side, not that she was going to protest or even thought the huntsman cared, it was just difficult for Toby to figure out how to fit in here. It still felt too quick. It still felt somehow rushed, like there should have been more time before doing something this serious. Not only living together but staying in the same room, though that was only sort of logical really.

It had been a long time since Toby had shacked up with a guy. Almost twenty years, the same amount of time it had been since she last celebrated her birthday. Back when she had been with Cliff, had Gilly, and had been engaged. It wasn't supposed to be a big deal but there was a part of her that was worried that things weren't going to work out for very long and that she'd wind up losing a home along with her boyfriend. But that was mostly because of how her previous serious relationships had gone and this had gone from basically nothing to basically serious in what, three months? Maybe?

Fuck, Toby was freaking herself out for no reason. She didn't think either of them were the type to just up and run away at this stage of a relationship. There were certainly going to be perks to living here, even if it was far away from Pandora Town and she actually had to drive to work anytime she wanted to actually work. That wasn't too different from San Francisco. It was already nice to see him for the last three days straight. "I've been here three days. Almost none of this is mine." She circled back to what the demon had said before, avoiding the topic of asserting her dominance for the moment.

She did take out her jackets and start hanging them in the closet where Crowley had just put her shoes. "Fae from different worlds have different rules, races, courts, systems... it's a fractured bunch." Not everyone knew each other right off the bat because things could be so different. "You run into demons from other worlds? They like yours or different?" He wasn't the only one who was generally curious. Toby had looked up a number of things about demons in her efforts to get him freed from that curse. Some interesting things, though it did seem like most demons had some very common themes. [/COLOR]

#25 Toby Daye, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Qrow Branwen and Crowley like this.
  6. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

The demon nodded again, taking in her words and processing them. It reminded him a bit of genetics, really, which had caught his attention for a while some time ago when Hell had been exceptionally dull and soul deals had been down. It was an interesting branch of science, and the bottom line seemed to be that there was very little that was predictable when one got down to genetics and DNA. Children were never a fifty-fifty divide between their parents, and he supposed fae would be no different.

He had, of course, noticed in a cursory way that Toby didn't have her silly glamour up, but Crowley hadn't called attention to it because he didn't really care. After spending centuries in Hell, surrounded by demons who weren't disguised in meatsuits for his viewing pleasure, Crowley was utterly unfazed by a woman who looked, at best, like a remarkably pretty, if chiseled human being. Frankly, Toby was one of the very few beings he'd met in the last decade that Crowley could confidently call not his type, but she was still a beautiful creature.

Just not his style at all.

"And I presume changelings are treated like hot shite where you're from." He stated blandly, casting a sly glance at her. "Not quite human, not quite fae. Where o where do you belong, right?" Crowley teased lightly. He understood that in some ways, but he reckoned how she felt about it would be foreign to him. After the purification ritual, he probably could have very easily been ousted from Hell even without Abaddon's help. It had been clear, after all, that something had changed, and it had drawn attention and flak.

If he'd decided to shy away from it, or mask it, or roll over even slightly, he would have been shredded by a mob and forcibly removed from not only the throne, but from Hell itself, assuming he survived at all. He'd only held his standing by being able to go toe-to-toe with the biggest and the baddest who had challenged him. Really, he owed Abaddon quite a lot for the whole thing, now that he thought about it.

"Why? You intend on moving out in three days' time?" Crowley retorted to Toby calmly, staring at her with a small smirk. "You live here. You get to have your own space whether Charming likes it or not, and I doubt he's going to bitch and moan." He explained lazily, pulling out another jacket from the box and wrinkling his nose. "Oh no. What is this? The seventies called, Mutt. They want their shit back."

He very pointedly held it away from her, lest she attempt to put the monstrosity against fashion in the closet. Really, Crowley thought, he was saving her relationship. Because Qrow was going to divorce her if he saw something this hideous. "Have you even washed this in the last twenty years? No. Absolutely not. I want to burn it." He handed it to Juliet, who took it graciously... and immediately delivered it back to Toby like a traitor, despite Crowley's cry of dismay.

Sobering up slightly, he pondered her question. "Some, yes. But none like my variety. Most seem to have their own bodies, with exceptions..." The weird Bill demon lingered in his mind from time to time, but he hadn't seen it in months. "Most seem to coexist with some version of Lucifer without any real issue, from what I understand. Seems like my world's an exception insofar as that prick's concerned." His expression, as it always did when discussing Lucifer, tightened and darkened.

"Honestly, I've learned to avoid demons, even when I was ruling them. Humans are easier, and angels are more trustworthy." Crowley laughed hollowly. "I only spent enough time in Hell to maintain my position and keep everyone from killing each other over who owed who the most dead human infants."

@Toby Daye

7. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley

Crowley had not understood what Toby meant. "None of the grime is mine, dumbass." One hand waved at him in a bit of a middle finger. towards him to make it clear. "You're talking the fifties, not the seventies. Unless your world was weird that way too." The seventies had been about all that free love and stuff that Toby hadn't been involved in either. She had been too involved with Devin at that point in her life, before she had pulled herself away from all of it.

No, the real issue was the fact that Toby didn't like change. There was a lot of things that had suddenly changed in her life and all of it had wound up being bad in one way or another. Things had been safe when she was by herself and there was a little bit of a voice in the back of her head saying Qrow would get bored of her sooner or later. Or something else tragic would happen. She'd prefer the first over the latter, though for personal reasons. Not all the bad things had just happened to Toby after all.

Crowley then plucked out the jacket. The one she had brought from home. The one that had been in just as many sewers and covered in blood just as much as Toby had. One of those things from home that had mattered but somehow didn't now. It really was a mangy looking thing even though Toby had had it magically cleaned away and stitched up when it had gotten too bad. "I've only had it for like four." Of course she didn't know how long Tybalt had had it before that point so it could have been a jacket twenty years old.

It really was time to get rid of that thing. Toby grinned when Juliet handed it back. She held it back out to Crowley "Go ahead and burn it or whatever makes you happy. It's basically dead at this point anyway." She just didn't have another leather jacket yet. She'd have to find one by fall. Her eyes tightened slightly at the idea of dead babies being something of a monetary trade. Not too different from some purebloods and changelings though. Figuring out who had the best family pet.

She scratched Juliet behind the ears again and finished putting up her last hoodie into the closet. "There's a onesie in there you're really going to hate." She pointed back to the boxes with a bit of a laugh. It had been a gift from a nice little old lady who she had helped. Who insisted that all the "kids" liked onesies or something. It was plaid from head to toe and admittedly, really nice in her apartment when the heating wasn't exactly working in the middle of winter. "That's a fashion crime, but warm as hell." Toby was avoiding the human baby situation and she had already picked up on the fact that Crowley had issues with Lucifer.

"I got really annoying back home in the kingdom I grew up in. Queen hated me. She had to make me a countess at one point though because of the debt she owed me. Thought it was pretty funny when she had to growl that one out." Except that hadn't been exactly the reason. The Queen had used it as a way to pull Toby away from the Duke's protection. "What position did you have?" Like guardian of the fifth ring of hell or whatever that guy Dante had gone on about. Next to come out of the boxes were a bunch of dvds and cds, bits of music and media that Toby watched while she was relaxing. Those she shoved in next to what was already in the living room, easily finding space for her things next to Qrow's.

Crowley likes this.
  8. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

He wrinkled his nose back at her teasingly, then shook his head. "No, I just lose track of decades and eras. Some of them I missed entirely, others felt like they lasted longer than they really did." Crowley answered honestly with a shrug. It wasn't something he minded discussing, but it was also something that was hard to explain to someone as young as Toby, even if she was older than she looked. She hadn't experienced Hell-time, so she didn't know the way the hours and days could very literally stretch into an eternity.

Mind you, Crowley hadn't suffered a serious stint of time in the pit for decades. Not since the fifties, really. He couldn't remember the exact context of what had happened, only that he'd managed to piss off Lilith and Alastair at the same time, which had been extremely impressive and possibly the most terrifying moment of his life. And that was counting the times he'd managed to piss off the bleeding devil himself.

Shaking his head with a soft scoff, Crowley refocused on Toby and beamed when she gave the ugly jacket back to him. It didn't occur to the demon to ask if she was sure, or to consider the emotions that might have once been invested in the thing. He simply regarded it for what it was - a damn ugly beast of a coat that had no right to continue existing. "Thank you. I think it died a long fucking time ago, myself." He purred, tossing it over his shoulder for a bonfire later.

At the mention of a onesie, Crowley immediately tore into the next box enthusiastically, pushing aside other articles of clothing until he found the offensive object, pulling it out with a flourish. "As a Scotsman, I have to approve of tartan... but, yeah. It's atrocious. I like it, though. You should put it on. Give Qrow a good fright when he gets home." Crowley held it out with a devious grin.

"So, you were a shit-starter. Tell me something I couldn't guess." Crowley laughed hoarsely, setting out the rest of the clothes in the box in separate piles according to style, type and color. Because he wasn't obsessive, he was just organized. "It depends on when we're talking. Initially I worked on the rack, torturing new souls and demonizing them, but I ended up catching the eye of Lilith - oldest demon in Hell, something like the crown princess or queen if you have to use a title, so, I ended up on her team." Crowley frowned over a particularly ugly T-shirt, which he tossed back with the ugly jacket to be destroyed, taking the time to also muse over his own bizarre life story.

"S'pose I was a consort, for want of a better term, but nothing's quite that simple in Hell. Either way, I ended up as King of the Crossroads after a time, handling all the deals being done with human souls, as well as the lion's share of hellhounds in the Pit." He rubbed a hand over Juliet's head fondly. "Then, when things went tits up and most of the higher demons got themselves killed, or were just uninterested in the job, I ended up King of Hell. And it sucked." Crowley wrinkled his nose, finding it odd to actually admit it aloud. It was actually a bit cathartic.

"And then I ended up being Lucifer's slave, but that was a bit unexpected. And I reckon it was better than being king, if we're being really honest." He laughed bleakly.

@Toby Daye

Toby Daye likes this.
  9. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley

This was sort of weird. They were almost getting along. Toby hadn't really talked to Crowley too much outside of trying to help him with the curse or everything that Qrow had been wrapped up in with Misty Hollow. There had been some low key jealousy on her part because of the way that Qrow had turned to him with everything that had happened. The way he had trusted Crowley and Toby didn't want to think about that or talk about that. Instead the brunette was enjoying this odd, casual conversation they were having about their home worlds and life in general. All while Crowley kept bitching about things and Toby just kept trying to unpack.

Her old set of knives and her belt were still in there but she hadn't used them since Qrow had gifted the ones that were currently sitting on the dresser in the master bedroom. Probably not the best place to put them if she needed them but Qrow's house was sort of a lot bigger than her apartment and that was going to take some getting use to. Maybe she could hide these in the kitchen or something, in case she needed something on the spur that went a bit beyond a kitchen knife.

Toby's eyes scanned across the main floor as she tried to pick a spot to stow them for those just in case moments. For all she knew a herd of unicorn would show up here the next day with a beef because Juliet had dragged their buddy here to fed her. Probably not but trouble following them home could have been a thing, for either Toby or Qrow, she was sure. So hiding them somewhere easy to reach and out of sight was probably the best idea even if she didn't really fight with them anymore.

"I doubt he'd be put off by a plaid onesie." Qrow really didn't seem to care what she was wearing. He hadn't made any comments on it and really hadn't fussed about it despite the fact the man wore dress pants all the time with that jacket of his. And the damn cape. Which was growing on her in a way, because she smirked slightly at the thought of it.
    "So you were with Hell's Princess, then became Hell's King, then became Lucifer's bi--" She cut off for a second, taking a moment to recollect her thoughts and maybe reword her word choice because things seemed to be going along pretty well.

"Slave." She finally decided on the same hiding place she had back home, the side table. Not exactly the safest but as long as she gave her boyfriend a heads up where they were before he went groping around for the remote half drunk one night. The brunette smacked them into one of the drawers and then shut it after pulling the knives off the belt to sling that thing over her shoulder.
    "Sounds like a bunch of bullshit though. Titles never really come with fun, just obligation." Like trying to fight a pack of actual pixies out of her inherited pocket dimension that came along with being countess. Fuck Toby being in charge, those things had been in charge of Everrose's knowe.
    "I tried to reject the title and basically got told no. I had more freedom and fun as a knight." She missed that one, just a bit, but that was because she was the first changeling to ever be knighted. That had been more than enough for her.

10. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Crowley didn't dislike Toby, but he didn't like her either. She was simply someone who was closely connected to someone he did happen to care about, however tentatively, and so she kept being dragged back into his orbit whether he liked it or not. It wasn't in his nature to be nice to someone simply because they associated with the same people as himself - Crowley preferred to judge those around him strictly on their own worth, and so he had been reserving judgement on Qrow's special friend for the last few months.

Even though she had helped him and Crowley was indebted to her whether he liked it or not, he still hadn't been committed to approving or disapproving of Toby, because up until this very surreal experience, he'd not known a damn thing about her besides what he had gleaned from some stilted, uncomfortable conversations that usually involved one of them getting pissed off. And, more importantly, there was no Qrow acting as a buffer between them at the moment, which Crowley didn't begrudge the huntsman for, but he did feel like he wanted to play the Prince Charming role to Toby, and indirectly made Crowley out to be the dragon... or whatever.

He didn't know. That was a mess in and of itself that the demon hadn't quite ironed out in his own mind. Somehow, when Qrow came into the picture, the dynamic between Crowley and Toby shifted. It just hadn't been quite so obvious until now, and he stared at her intensely for a few seconds, caught up in his thoughts. Then, catching the last of Toby's comment, he immediately stiffened like an affronted cat, looking on the verge of snapping into a rage.

But, he caught himself and Crowley breathed deeply with a barely noticeable twitch in his cheek. "It's fine. Might as well just say it as it is. And I wasn't a friggin' princess." He chuckled humorlessly, watching her fuss around with her weapons. Turning his attention back to the clothes, he set out all her ugly jeans with a look of utter disgust. "We're going shopping at the first opportunity. This is depressing. You deserve better. Qrow deserves a drunken innkeeper's wife, if we're being honest, but you can do better than jean-on-jean James Dean callbacks."

Setting the empty box aside, Crowley looked at Toby thoughtfully. "I didn't have to take it, but it was me or someone worse than me." He explained tersely. Even though he'd been a proper demon at the time, he had still had some vague understanding that Hell would be... better under his thumb than under any other demon's he could think of. Not good - never good - but at least they wouldn't fire up another apocalypse for the shits and giggles.

"A knight, were you? Sounds very regal." He purred sarcastically. "Hell had knights, 'til they all got themselves killed. We didn't get along." Well, technically Crowley had never had an issue with the Knights of Hell prior to his ascension to the throne. They had ignored him, and he had not been remotely offended by it. "So, what does a faerie knight do, exactly? Slay Disney sidekicks?"

@Toby Daye

Toby Daye likes this.
  11. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley

Toby rolled her eyes slightly at the idea of shopping. She wasn't the sort of person who went shopping and Crowley would probably be affronted that most of her clothing was second hand. Washed before it was worn but what was the point in buying new when you were just going to bleed all over it the third or fourth time you wore it? The changeling firmly kept her mouth shut on that, glad she at least had some sense to navigate the waters here.

She did believe the bit about someone worse. Crowley had a lot of demonic traits, she supposed, but that was mostly because demons were a lot like faerie. It all just felt familiar to Toby and there had been signs that Crowley cared. About Qrow, not about Toby, and she cared about that first part. Qrow had a habit of getting in over his head when it came to Pandora's woes, or at least that had been Toby's impression on things. Jumping into that war. Over working himself and almost getting himself killed in the process, at least from the way the man had been texting her.

"I don't wear dresses or skirts or high heels." There was some firm comment on that but maybe it'd be nice to pick up something nicer to wear. Maybe every once in awhile. Maybe once in a blue moon, though there really wasn't any point to it. It wasn't like Toby went anywhere fancy anymore. Thank god she didn't have to go to the Queen's court anymore either. That siren banshee bitch had constantly changed her jeans and t-shirt combo into bright pink dresses for kicks. Toby had thrown all of those away as soon as she got home and had made it a habit to wear her worst things to court because of it.

"Well, regular knights sort of stand around and drone on about how young fae should hold a sword. Talk about court rules, all the boring shit." Which was a certain teleporting fae back home. One with a constant stick up his ass. He had tried to teach Toby about a sword and had quickly given up in irritation, no matter his loyalty to Sylvester. "I was more of the... figure out why all these people suddenly died, variety. Or do this thing we're not supposed to do." Most of that had been because of circumstances but Toby would constantly do what she wanted because she needed to. Fuck the rules.

What was left in the boxes? Right, her five thousand cereal bowls. Maybe more like six but still, they were mismatched like her mugs. She moved to put them away in the cupboards, moving back and forth between things as she emptied the boxes. The act of unpacking was a little bit easier when she was concentrating on the conversation instead of what she was actually doing. "The Queen thought I was very annoying. Most of the court did to. It was kind of fun, most of the time." Except when everything went horribly wrong of course, but when did things ever go all the way right?

"What made someone a knight of hell instead of a regular demon?" Obviously he thought of himself as the latter. Underdogs. Mutts maybe. She finally pulled out the plaid onesie and folded it before plopping it on the couch to put away in a minute. She set aside several empty boxes before pulling open one of the last ones. All that was left were all the hair ties and general bathroom bits to slap into the master bathroom, once she felt like headed that direction. "I'm guessing you're the latter."

Jack likes this.
  12. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Just because you don't wear them often doesn't mean you oughtn't have them. You need at least a couple of to-do outfits, Mutt." Crowley groused irritably, disgusted by the selection of old, weather-worn clothes in front of him. Truth be told, it was a bit of a demon thing. They all shared a common preference for elite clothing choices - the more luxurious, the better - and svelte, modern apparel based on the era. It was an insult to wear anything less than the best, and usually went a long way to communicating a demon's rank.

"Watch out, love, I can hear a bit of bitterness." He chuckled as she whined about old knights. Though Crowley couldn't help but agree. There had been plenty of demons who had been equally quick to bitch and moan about any kind of change that took place in Hell. "So, you were a busy-body. Sounds about right." He laughed sharply. "And I reckon you stuck your nose in everywhere it wasn't wanted."

As she spoke, Crowley walked back over to the drapes, which were still soaking in their bucket, and absently started stirring them about again, glancing up at Toby now and then. "She's not wrong. You are exceptionally annoying." He purred in amusement, pulling out part of one of the curtains and examining it closely.

He dumped it back into the water and kept scrubbing. "The Knights were hand-selected by Cain, if I have my demonic lore correct, but a lot of it boils down to age and the personal strength of a soul." Crowley explained blandly. "Most of the knights were at least a few thousand years old top-side, which would be... what, more than half a million in Hell-time?" He leaned back on his hands, thinking about it. "A month in Hell is equivalent to ten years topside, so... yeah, s'pose it'd be about that."

He returned to the drapes. "I'm a kitten next to any of them. Stronger than most my age, mainly due to Lilith, but still nowhere near the Knights or Princes. Let alone Lilith and Alastair." They were in a league all their own.

@Toby Daye

Toby Daye likes this.
  13. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley

This was a bit of an odd conversation. These were things that Toby didn't talk about much and she was almost certain that Crowley didn't have these conversations either. Who could they have talked to about this sort of stuff? Of course, Toby would have willingly talked about this with Qrow. She would have been more than willing to have this kind of conversation with her boyfriend, it just hadn't really come up. Not like this. Little side comments and moments of clarity, pretty much.

But of course Toby was bitter. There were a number of things that the changeling could have been bitter over. Plenty of things that the brunette would always be bitter about. She was away from all of that now. No courts, no lies about who she was, no Queen, or anything else of that nature. Instead she was learning a little bit about Crowley's world and these Knights of Hell. Which sounded a bit like dinosaurs but she could easily translate what was in his world into what they would have been in her world. Firstborns. The oldest, meanest, most powerful fae in the kingdoms.

"So you were a shit starter too, in your own way." There was a little bit of a smile on her lips as she said it. A normal demon taking on all of that and becoming the king of hell? Of course he was a shit starter. Toby didn't need to know all those details to figure that out though. Crowley loved starting shit, she had already figured that much out in the short time since they had met. There was a lot more to him than just that though, though Toby was often a little... reserved when the two of them were also with Qrow.

She had put away basically everything at this point, having slapped things in place to where she felt they needed to go. The changeling stood over the demon where he was cleaning the curtains, one eyebrow lifting as she did. "Do I want to know what was wrong with those?" Really Qrow's house hadn't seemed that dirty to Toby. Not the cleanest in the world but not the worst by far. Now it seemed really clean in that way that her mother had use to clean their house in San Francisco, before Toby had ever known about the world of faerie. Back when her mother had only been a house wife instead of a Firstborn.

Crowley likes this.
  14. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Crowley wondered why he was talking about this. It was none of Toby's business, nor had she really pointedly asked outside some relatively basic questions. But here he was, openly discussing the past in grave detail, in a way he really hadn't before now.

Crowley wasn't shy about where he had come from, and he certainly didn't clutch Hell's secrets tight to his chest, but he had never had a reason to openly discuss the Pit this freely. Maybe he could have with Qrow, but he was sure the huntsman would piss him off with his judgemental or, worse, sympathetic stares.

Toby was imperfect but neutral. She didn't seem to react to the subject matter, which was the most he could really ask for.

"Born and bred." Crowley snorted. "Haven't decided if it's a good thing or not yet." He added lightly, scrubbing the curtains as he chatted.

Pushing himself to his feet, Crowley carried the bucket over to the sink, dumping the suds and refilling it with clean water. "They've never been cleaned and it's disgusting." Crowley said firmly, scrubbing the last of the soap off the drapes before pulling them out of the bucket piece by piece and drying them as they went.

Holding them up for Toby to appreciate, Crowley folded them over his arm and headed back to the living room. "They should be scrubbed at least once a month. That's being fucking generous." He scolded shortly, carefully hanging them back up with an approving nod.

Turning back to Toby, Crowley jerked his head towards the porch. "Got any good ideas to deal with the... meat?" He glared at Juliet pointedly.

@Toby Daye

Toby Daye likes this.
  15. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley

Who the hell washed their curtains once a month? Crazy people, that's who. Crowley certainly fell into that category without any effort and Toby wasn't about to think too hard on the subject. Her apartment would have likely given Crowley just as much of a headache as Qrow's but she was smart enough to keep that information to herself. Entirely. Instead the changeling continued to sip on her coffee and watch the demon battle with the supposed grime as if it were the most entertaining reality show ever. Even if Toby really didn't watch those and pretty much stuck to things that were more in her field. It was fun to yell at the tv and tell people who the killer was before they had even hit the halfway mark of the show. Maybe Toby was alone in that one but the brunette really didn't care about other opinions on the matter.

But then the demon had to bring up the issue that was sitting outside again. The fucking unicorn. Juliet had brought it. Juliet expected her to eat it. Toby still wasn't sure what the hell to even do with a unicorn or if it was safe to do so. Instead she finished off her cup of coffee and rinsed it out in the sink, setting it aside to dry before trying to figure out a solution to her current problem. "Honestly, I have no idea. I don't even know if eating unicorns is safe or not." She didn't want to hurt Juliet's feelings on the matter but there was little that the investigator could do to dance around that subject. Juliet obviously hadn't had any issues and she had put her mouth on the thing but Juliet was a hellhound, not a human nor a changeling. She did not have normal rules applied to what she could and could not eat, minus something holy. Probably.

"So your guess is probably as good as mine. We can always..." What? Cut it up? Freeze it? It wasn't like Toby was that good of a cook with normal things. She had no idea what cooking a unicorn would require. Nor what to do with something that size. Toby figured she could donate the damn thing somewhere if it was safe to eat. There were probably black markets for the horns and Oberon knew what else. She just didn't want it to linger on the porch to rot for forever and she certainly didn't have the ability to move it. Juliet had really put her in a bit of a pickle. Day three of staying with Qrow and here she was, already making a mess and causing a scene. Just her luck, right?

The changeling merely shrugged her shoulders widely at Crowley before leaning against the kitchen counter. "Guide me oh king of hell. What does one do with a fucking unicorn?" She was being a brat about it but what else was she supposed to do? It was Crowley's dog who had started the problem. Wanting Toby and Qrow to have puppies of all things. Crowley could be the one to solve it or something. Toby would have just probably dragged it off to be eaten by wildlife somewhere. Which was a little sad but she really didn't know what the hell to do with these sorts of things. That was why living in the city was so much easier. Sure there were things like crime and sewer monsters but Toby knew how to handle those because she had always dealt with those kinds of things. She looked at the demon to see what his reaction would be.

16. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

Crowley sighed, looking out at the sad, dead unicorn on the porch. "I reckon the parts are worth a small fortune, but I don't think I'd eat it. The things tend to be cursed." He mused, glancing down at Juliet, who seemed to be faring fine despite killing the unicorn. But that may have been largely due to her pure, if predatory purpose behind the killing. She hadn't done it maliciously, and in her own way Crowley knew that Juliet had honored the damn thing immensely.

Sighing, Crowley waved for Toby to follow him as he walked outside, circling the unicorn once, eyeing it from every side, especially the pools of blood that, for some reason, had yet to congeal. That would be worth more than just money, in a magical sense. He could only imagine the properties of unicorn blood.

"Here's the plan, Mutt." He announced confidently, and in his hand he summoned a small, pink, pointed party hat, which immediately went on the unicorn's head. After a moment, Crowley willed a helium balloon into his grasp. On it, in a jaunty script, read the words: Feel Better Soon!

Smiling brightly, he tied it to one golden hoof and took a step back with his hands on his hips. "There. Now we leave it for Qrow to deal with." He announced merrily, still mildly put off by the completely fluid blood that was pooled around the unicorn's corpse.

@Toby Daye

17. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley & @Qrow Branwen

Eating a unicorn would make her cursed. Good thing she had a healthy dose of good sense in calling the demon in the first place. If Crowley could really take care of this then he was a bit of a godsend, no matter how ironic that thought would have been. Toby followed Crowley outside to the porch so she could get a good look at this plan of his. She was pretty naive in that moment, perhaps a little too trusting, but that was probably the sight of the house cleaning. He seemed to like things clean so taking care of the unicorn corpse? Totally within that wheel house.

But instead of actually cleaning it up or snapping his fingers to make it vanish, Crowley did make something appear. Except it wasn't anything useful at all. Instead the demon put a party hat on the head of the unicorn and then tied a balloon on the leg. He looked so very proud of himself and Toby just gave him a very flat stare. Because that wasn't helpful in the least bit.

"Really." That was Crowley's master plan. Toby was less than impressed and she just sort of stared at the man for a few more seconds. Debating what could be said and what could be done afterwards. There wasn't any point in trying to threaten Crowley. She couldn't threaten to lock him under her bathroom sink like she had done to Qrow when he was a crow. It wasn't like that at all, though Toby really felt like saying something akin to it so she was starting to work on that thought process when the dead unicorn suddenly moved.

The blood hadn't been acting the way it normally would have because the unicorn was not dead. It had been stunned. It had certainly taken on as death like appearance but it was a magical beast and it had not been killed. Toby didn't even get a chance to form words before this massive thing was suddenly up on the porch next to the both of them, staring down at them with a look in its eye that suggested five different types of murder in the next two seconds. Understandable. It had just woken up from a terrible shock.

She took a breath and a step back, trying to figure out what the fuck she was going to do next when it slammed its hoof onto the porch. Aggressively. Toby decided this was the best time to actually fucking run. She moved backwards and through the front door, slamming it and locking it behind her. Her heart felt like it was beating a thousand times a second and she had sort of locked Crowley outside because he could handle himself. Toby could not handle herself. Not without a weapon and not against that.

Toby might have yelled at Crowley to take care of the fucking thing. Crowley may have reappeared in the kitchen wheezing out his laughter again. The unicorn might have headbutted the front door. There was going to be damage to that wood, certainly. Toby started cursing and then the unicorn started to make a round around the house. Which didn't help things at all. Her instinct to run the fuck away was pretty strong but Toby might have snatched the cell phone off the kitchen table before running upstairs where it seemed just a touch safer. Or where her weapons actually were.

Who did she call? Qrow. "There's a fucking unicorn outside trying to take the house down. Juliet may try to fight it again. Can you come home and help me, please?" It wasn't like she had fully given up, she just realistically understood that this was Qrow's place and he might get a little upset if he came down to a house with unicorn sized holes in it instead of a scratch on the front door. The brunette heard it hit another spot again and she winced even as she started to pull her weapons off the dresser in the master bedroom. "Sooner is better." Qrow would know what to do. Oberon help her, she hoped he'd know what to do.

[/COLOR]

Crowley and Qrow Branwen like this.
  18. Qrow Branwen

Professor at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    ~There's always something happening~
    ~And it's usually quite loud~

Qrow rarely allowed something as small and insignificant as a phone call to interrupt his students' education. But today, he felt like being an extra nuisance to his own classroom, so he stood up from his desk chair to cease the paper airplane tournament and make an announcement that had everyone back in their seats in an instant. "Hold up, hold up, everyone sit down! My girlfriend's calling me."

He moved over to the computer and plugged in his scroll, giving the class a devilish smile as he bit his bottom lip and held up a finger. "Not one peep, you hear?" He warned as the kids fell into a deathly silence-- save for their whispering snickers of anticipation. "This is gonna be good."

Qrow wasn't planning on anything embarrassing happening to either him or his girlfriend. He expected to tell Toby that it was perfect timing because he just released the kids on their mid-class break. He planned on dragging on the secret that class was actually still in session for a while, then announce the truth halfway through the conversation and have everyone give Toby a big warm 'Hello Qrow's girlfriend!' when Toby least expected it. He thought it would make her smile, or laugh, or blush. Maybe it would even be sweet, in that 'surprise!' kind of way that girls often liked.

One thing was for sure, he expected a normal greeting on Toby's part, not "There's a fucking unicorn outside trying to take the house down." Her voice echoed throughout the entire room for all to hear, and it was all the kids could do to slam their backpacks over their faces in a failed attempt to muffle their uproarious laughter and obey the earlier order of silence from their mortified professor.

Qrow was extremely caught off guard, and he stammered out a confusion-struck, "Ah-- What??" with a slight crack in his voice-- evidence that all his cockiness and arrogance had fled for the door at the word 'unicorn.'

His reaction stole the last remaining breaths from the children, and no backpack could quiet their laughter. Matthew fell out of his seat wheezing between giggles, while the back rows scrambled for their own phones to record the hilarity of it all. Qrow shot them a glare and snatched his scroll from the computer, cutting off Toby's voice from the room's speakers.

"Juliet may try to fight it again. Can you come home and help me, please?"

"Did you-- how-- a unicorn??" He stammered with the device against his ear, turning his caped back to the classroom to try to block out their humiliating racket. He pinched the bridge of his nose and winced to himself as he heard the panic in her voice. Yes, whatever the hell was going on at his house was a serious issue, and she was obviously scared. Of a unicorn. How the fuck...?

"I'm coming, Tobe." He barked urgently but not angrily, before tilting the scroll away from his mouth to throw and arm back at the children who were still dying of laughter. "Class dismissed, get outta here!"

He trudged past his desk to snatch up Harbinger before storming out of the room and leaving it unlocked-- vowing to ask another professor to go take care of that measure at a later time. No students moved from their desks, and they were probably going to stay crippled in there with giggles for another half hour.

Qrow holstered the sword and jogged to the nearest window. "Get down in the basement if you think it's gonna break in. It's a bunker. Red switch by the stairs lowers the strong doors." Apparently the day that those precautions would come in handy was the day a unicorn was attacking his house. Not a dragon, not a wave of Grimm, not a zombie apocalypse. A unicorn. "I'll be there in fifteen minutes." He told her before vaulting over the ledge of the grand hall window and transforming in a flurry of black wings.

~Our house~
    ~Our castle and our keep~

@Crowley
    @Toby Daye

Crowley and Toby Daye like this.
  19. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

To be fair, Crowley had never actually seen a unicorn before. If they existed in his world, they had certainly run in very different circles to demons, and in Pandora he was equally confident that they most likely avoided him at all cost. After all, he was a creature from Hell - about as impure as any living thing could possibly be.

So, his first thought when the dead unicorn pushed itself onto its not dead feet was to marvel at just how big it was. The whole animal seemed to ripple with understated but defined layers of muscle, and as it turned silver eyes onto him, Crowley had a split second of absolute paralysis, eyes wide and teeth clenched in a tight, terrified grimace.

Then he heard the door slam shut and he was spurred into motion, flying across the porch and frantically hitting the door once, then twice.

Then he remembered, with a howl of hysterical laughter, that he was a fucking demon and turned around, eyeing the unicorn, which was sizing up Juliet for the time being. He lunged across the length of the porch again, grabbing the hellhound in a bear hug and teleporting them both into the kitchen, where Crowley lapsed into actual hysterics, made worse when he saw the unicorn stomp past the window with that fucking party hat still on its head and the balloon still bobbing around.

"I'm God! I'm Jesus! I raised the dead!" He crowed wildly, bending over the kitchen counter to laugh into his arms. The unicorn slammed into the front door and the pearly horn exploded through the reinforced wood. Crowley howled even louder in amusement, chasing Toby up the steps two at a time as she yelled into her phone. "Juliet's inside! I-- oh fuck me--" Crowley turned on his heel at the unmistakably sound of glass breaking downstairs, followed by Juliet's ferocious battle cry. "She's out! That dumb bitch! I'll get her, send Qrow all my love. If I die, you get nothing!" Crowley skipped back down the stairs, running to the kitchen window, through which Juliet had apparently managed to shimmy. She was now in the front yard, facing off against the unbelievably pissed off unicorn.

"JULIET!" He didn't want to go out there. He really didn't want to go out there. "JULIET! Get your ass back in here or so help me--!" Crowley bellowed. "YOU KILLED IT ONCE AND IT JUST GOT THE FUCK BACK UP, YOU DUMB SLUT!"

@Toby Daye

Toby Daye and Qrow Branwen like this.
  20. Toby Daye

Toby Daye October Daye

Private Investigator
    Race:
    Changeling
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

[​IMG]
    Aug 6th, Year 7 @Crowley & @Qrow Branwen

There was laughter in the back of Qrow's call and Toby instantly understood what had happened. The man had put her on speaker phone to his entire class and she had started cussing. Really, Qrow should have known better. Toby had a potty mouth that should not have been introduced to most children under the age of ten. At least without warning because otherwise Toby was going to fuck up whatever she was saying with curse words. Of course the situation itself was probably also not... yeah, it would have been hilarious to kids. Toby wasn't even going to lie to herself on that subject. She'd probably have a good laugh about it later on, after a bit of a hysterical cry to start her off. Because that unicorn was not some dainty beast that pranced through the forest and frolicked with virgins. That was the kind of beast that murdered you in your sleep because it could. Maybe Juliet had gone after the herd alpha or something. Fuck.

Crowley had followed her up the stairs after he was done almost peeing himself in the kitchen. Toby heard the glass shatter downstairs and basically closed her eyes as if that could blow out this mini nightmare playing out. This was all going to be funny later. Really funny. But for the moment she felt like cringing for a second. Juliet must have broken through the kitchen glass doors? Fuck. What else could have broken like that and so loudly? Toby didn't understand why this was happening.

Qrow told her he'd be over in fifteen minutes. Telling her about the strong doors in the basement. Why did he have a safe room out in the middle of no where? Had Qrow known that unicorns were a problem out there? Because she sure felt like he was oddly prepared for a situation where one could have demolished his house. Of course he could have prepared for other things but Toby couldn't comprehend that this unicorn was probably not the biggest nor the baddest thing out here. The country was always supposedly safer than the city, right?

Toby wasn't going to hide. Crowley was shouting out the door for Juliet to stop doing what she was doing. Thankfully she wore her damn belt on a regular basis so she could just holster her damn gun knives and go down the stairs. Her ego was a little bruised so she wasn't planning on hiding in the basement but it was in the back of her mind just in case. Toby managed to get downstairs and standing next to Crowley as he screamed at his hellhound. The unicorn was still wearing the party hat and the balloon, though the balloon looked seconds from breaking away with the way the unicorn was moving.

She wasn't sure what the hellhound needed in order to be pulled back. Toby had no way of wrestling her or chasing her. Instead the brunette did the only thing she could really think of. A common way of calling your dog back when there were less fences around a neighborhood. She pinched her thumb and pointer finger into almost an O shape and put the digits to her mouth. A loud, sharp whistle came from her lips. Hopefully Juliet would respond to that. It was really all Toby had in her back pocket right now. Except the hell hound looked at her for a second and then sprinted off back at the unicorn. "Fucking hell, Juliet." Toby was going to laugh about this later. She just had to keep reminding herself that.

[/COLOR]

Crowley and Qrow Branwen like this.