HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The snow topped buildings and shops of Hogsmeade are all decked out for the holidays, ready for visitors! Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A magical wish-granting pool has been discovered in the desert. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The WRITING CONQUEST is back! Complete challenges and earn points for your team!
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Let The Notes Ring

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Chiming Bells, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Chiming Bells

Chiming Bells Player

About MeUm...hi! *waves* I'm Chiming Bells. You can call me Chime, Bell, Bells, or whatever else, I'm not picky.

I like fantasy, science fiction, and science fantasy, and I like animation and video games, so that might give you an idea of the kind of fandoms I'm likely to be pulling characters from. I've also been roleplaying for quite a few years, but always with original characters, so a canon-only site like Pandora is a real step outside of the my usual comfort zone. Yay for trying new things!

Roleplay Preferences
    Firstly, potential RP partners should know that I have a leisurely pace to my replies, and my writing style can get on the wordy side, particularly when I'm really invested in a scene and have really gotten into character. I'm not bothered if that length isn't matched, though, nor am I bothered by the occasional reminder that I owe posts. I just can't do short, rapidfire posting. I've tried, and it burns me out.

As for content, I'm a sucker for things with a comedic slant, either in threads that are crafted specifically for hilarity, or just a moment of levitity during a more serious situation. Give me the absurd set-ups that can bring laughs just by picturing them, and the folks who are made of snark. I also really like plots that involve forging or strengthening close emotional bonds; misfits building families out of the people around them is the best thing to me. If I veer into more grim territory, it's always with a purpose; if I burn somebody to ashes, I'm expecting them to rise again, stronger than they were before.

While I can certainly do the 'throw these characters together and see what happens,' thing, I enjoy brainstorming immensely, so if you're the type to exchange long, rambling PMs full of ideas of what could happen along the course of a longterm plot, I'll bet we'll get along swimmingly.

Limits
    My limits vary a lot based on who I'm playing with. A general rule of thumb is that I'm not likely to jump at the chance to write anything extremely violent, of a sexual nature, or involving sensitive subjects, if I don't know you very well.

Check out my characters below!

2. Chiming Bells

Chiming Bells Player

Kris

Pokémon Crystal
    Vagabond - Application

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Meet Kris. She has a love of adventure, is driven to help people, and has a talent for taming supernatural creatures. Kindhearted, strong-willed, and clever, she's a tactician rather than a fighter, but she's a good tactician, much more cool under pressure and quick-thinking than you'd expect from someone who happens to also be twelve years old. With a pack full of gadgets and always having the means to summon six powerful monsters within arm's reach, she's got good reason to be cocky, especially since she's a major VIP back home. To her, Pandora is just a whole new place to explore, with new people and creatures to meet, and she's going to throw herself into doing just that to distract herself from the homesickness that's going to start creeping in fast. She misses her Mom.

Current events: Kris is a new arrival. Very new. In fact, I haven't even posted her arrival thread yet. Anyone want to be in the same general area when the portal spits her out and be her unofficial welcome wagon?

Looking For:-Other kids, either fellow 'child adventurer' types for her to relate to, or ones from more 'real life' settings to contrast. She's more likely to get along with teenagers than kids her own age and younger, but both are good.
    -Fellow monster tamers! Give her other people who really understand the kind of emotional connection a person can have with dragons, sea serpents, and giant, fire-breathing badgers. Plus, getting to meet creatures she's not familiar with will fascinate her.
    -People to try to parent her/keep her out of trouble. Kris is convinced that she's all grown up already, and that anyone who thinks otherwise is being prideful and willfully ignorant, so expect any character who treats her like the kid she is to be fought every step of the way and treated, in return, as if they're the stubborn child in the equation.
    -Kris could really use someone who can either make healing potions, or directly use healing magic. She was pulled to Pandora with some supplies in her backpack to help keep her team healthy, but those won't last forever.

3. Chiming Bells

Chiming Bells Player

[Placeholder]

4. Chiming Bells

Chiming Bells Player

[Placeholder]

5. Chiming Bells

Chiming Bells Player

[Placeholder]

6. Belldandy

Belldandy Ah! My Goddess!

Lightly Belldandy on a couple of Kris things. She actually can make emotional connection and probably talk to Pokemon since she can talk to animals, but she is not a monster tamer. She has minor healing magic but can read vital signs. Would not try to act as parent but would act as guardian especially of children in the shelter near her home in Tavoie Burrough.

7. Chiming Bells

Chiming Bells Player

@Belldandy

I keep giggling, because the first thing that immediately came to mind when I thought of Belldandy interacting with Kris's pokemon was her Togetic (who is a natural empath and instinctively drawn to kind people) just latching onto her arm like a clingy toddler and not wanting to let go. The rest wouldn't react quite so dramatically, but their responses could be interesting nevertheless, especially Suicune, who has been described as a 'divine' pokemon, and has wind powers, and so may find Belldandy intriguing even before the ability to communicate with them factors in.

Also, I notice that Belldandy can talk to machines as well as animals, and while Kris would find someone who could understand her pokemon cool, that person also being able to have a chat with her electronic gadgets would leave her baffled and weirded out. So that could be amusing to weave in somewhere.

A guardian, Kris might bristle less at than a parental figure. Even if Belldandy did manage to still rub her the wrong way, though, that minor healing ability would likely be enough to keep her from trying to push Belldandy and her kindness away completely. After all, being able to go to her for help with the small things would allow her to better conserve her supplies for when her pokemon really need them, and she's going to put her team's well-being before her own pride every time.

While Kris is strictly a vagabond, and will likely be for some time, Tavoie Borough is definitely a place she would want to take a stroll through upon visiting Pandora Town, so getting her into Belldandy's neck of the woods for them to meet should be an easy enough task. Since Belldandy likes to make people happy, maybe she could, as an initial hook, come across Kris during a moment when her frustration with not being able to contact home is showing through, and try to cheer her up?

8. Belldandy

Belldandy Ah! My Goddess!

I've currently got an open thread at the Burrough.