By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Spring has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Fix This Binary Code

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Pidge, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Pidge

Pidge Voltron: Legendary Defender

Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    June 21st, Year 7
    @Alex Fierro

Pidge half-heartedly kicked at the air conditioner, and huffed. "Dumb piece of shit."

They had been trying to get it to work correctly for the past half hour, cussing it out the whole time as they stewed in their own sweat. It was a really frickin' hot day in Cascade Bay, which was of course when the AC decided to break. Neither could they manage to fix it for some reason. Every time they tried, it just sputtered weakly, making odd coughing sounds and then died out again. At one point, it had spit up cooling gel like it was puking or something. Pidge had the sneaking suspicion it was sick. Like with an illness. Completely and utterly bizarre, but then again, it was Pandora. It didn't help that Hunk was out, so Pidge couldn't ask anyone for help. Sighing deeply, they collapsed into their desk chair, then scooted closer to the fan. At least they had managed that. There had been a couple of old fans stashed away that Pidge had found and it made it so they weren't baking in the stuffy workshop quite as fast.

A chiming sound alerted Pidge to the presence of a customer. There was a little motion detector rigged just inside the doorway that served as their "bell", like the ones old shops used to have, just more high-tech. They groaned under their breath. And here they had been hoping for a calm, quiet day. They pulled themselves to their feet, and shuffled out of the corner that their workstation was in.

"Can I help you? Or something?" They called unenthusiastically, peering around for this supposed customer.

Alex Fierro likes this.
  2. Alex Fierro

Alex Fierro Magnus Chase And The Gods Of Asgard

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Electrics. Something that Alex had never been great at. But he needed a phone, and a tv, and something to pass the time that wasn't clay, and a better way to ignore Day when he got to close to him. Oh, and a radio. There was a store in town, a small electronics store that was apparently quite good. Walking in, Alex heard the bell ring, and was greeted by a voice that sounded just as happy to be here as Alex was.

"Great customer service," he called back, rolling his eyes. There was a slight issue with his whole plan. He didn't actually have any money. Well, Cascade Bay worked on a barter system half the time, so Alex was sure he could find a way around that. "No, I didn't want anything, I just decided to wander into a random shop and hope."

Pidge likes this.
  3. Pidge

Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    So, the customer was a snarky little asshole. Pidge scowled, and finally got around the corner to get a look at this person. Right away, they couldn't immediately discern the customer's gender. They had short, green hair, that could've belonged to either gender, and neither did they wear any clothing that screamed 'boy' or 'girl'. Not that it mattered all that much to Pidge, other than that it gave them a little spark of curiosity.

Once they were in eyesight of each other, Pidge did a bow, gesturing grandly to the rest of the shop. "Welcome to Team Punk's Junk, where we fix your shit. How may I be of service?" they asked with mock-sincerity, tone dripping with sarcasm. Then they straightened, and quirked an eyebrow at this stranger. "Better?" Pidge was well aware that interacting with the customers wasn't necessarily their strong suit - it was more Hunk's thing. Which Hunk was frequently telling them not to snark the customers back, no matter how sarcastic they were first (bad customer service apparently). At that thought, they sighed internally, and rubbed a hand through their hair. "Sorry. What can I do for you? Seriously this time. Assuming you didn't actually wander in here randomly."

Alex Fierro likes this.
  4. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    ...oh, Alex liked this... person. He couldn't tell what gender the person in front of him was, which was a pleasant surprise, because Alex was good at telling gender. He had practiced so many times on himself. More than that, though, he got the impression that it was deliberate. Accessorizing would've made it easy to distinguish gender either way, but instead the person in front of him seemed... ah. "I'm going to guess your pronouns are they?" he asked quietly, voice not prying, before smiling.

Alex's smiles were rarely nice smiles. They had edges, promises of mischief, of schemes. This was a nice smile. It was somewhat sympathetic, without being too expressive.

"...I just got here," Alex replied, with a shrug. "And a phone plan isn't really necessary when you're dead, but it is here, and some kind of entertainment would be nice." He grinned, again, and this one had edges. "Except I don't have any money, so... how about a trade?"

Pidge likes this.
  5. Pidge

Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Pidge didn't know why they were surprised when the customer guessed their pronouns correctly, seeing as they had just been thinking that the other person seemed somewhat nonbinary themselves, but they were. Perhaps simply because it did not happen all that often. Or really at all. They blinked, an expression of shock flickering over their face before they covered it up and feign nonchalance. They were still (slightly) irritated with this customer, they weren't going to give them the pleasure of showing how rattled Pidge was. "Um, yeah," they said after a moment, shrugging. Only the slight smile tugging at their lips showed the spark of happiness they felt at being gendered correctly, after the shock had worn off of course. "Nice guess."

Pidge wasn't even going to touch on the whole "dead" thing. Not matter how curious they were, that was a story for another time. If there was another time. They did lift a disdainful eyebrow though, because that wasn't the only noteworthy statement that the customer said.

"Why does everyone keep coming in here without money? This isn't a charity," they grumbled, crossing their arms over their chest and tilting their chin to try and give their best unimpressed look. Before they agreed (because there was no way they weren't going to do it, they were a sucker for both helping people and working on tech), they waited before speaking for a long moment, letting the customer sweat it out. Then they sighed. "Fine, though. What do you have to trade?"

'It better not be something dumb,' they thought, exasperated.

Alex Fierro likes this.
  6. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Alex shrugged. "I've had practice," he replied. Too many non-cis kids were on the street, and, understandably, they were touchy about pronouns, something that Alex really could understand. Generally, they were okay with being asked, but you had tobe careful. Better to just work it out through observation. Less people ended up hurt that way. He took a pleasure in Pidge's reaction, surprise, joy, and shock all flitting over their face before they tried to hide it. To someone less good at reading people, it might've been hard, but Alex had practice at that. There was always joy at someone knowing your pronouns without being told, Alex mused to himself. It meant that they knew you, understood you.

Respected who you were.

Hah! Got 'em. Apparently he wasn't the only one to request a trade, which made sense. Not a lot of people seemed to come into Pandora rich. And electronics were pretty useful. "Pottery," Alex replied. "I'm rather good at it. Especially if you want mocking statues of someone. Or vases. Vases and mugs are easy. Oh, and if you want anything killed for you, I can do that too.... and I can lift a car, if you need that done anytime soon." Sometimes he forgot about einherji strength. It was certainly a type of bargaining tool. "But mostly pottery."

Pidge likes this.
  7. Pidge

Paladin of Voltron
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Okay, this time they couldn't let the strange comments pass by unaddressed. "If I need someone killed? Lift a car? And earlier you said you were dead? What the hell are you?" they asked bluntly, hands moving to their hips.

It took them a moment to realize how rude that probably was to ask like that. "Um, sorry. Not that I discriminate against the supernatural, I'm really just curious. And, I mean... not that you have to tell me either," they said, adding the last bit somewhat reluctantly. To say they were just curious was an understatement; they were extremely curious. They couldn't help it though! All the crazy things that went on in this world, all the crazy beings, were just downright fascinating. But they could also understand if this customer didn't want to talk about that sort of thing, even if it would be extremely disappointing for them. Pidge was well aware that there were a lot of people who were strongly against supernatural beings in Pandora, and that there were even some shopkeepers who wouldn't serve someone they knew to be superhuman.

"I'm Pidge, by the way. And since we're sharing personal information -" they offered the other teen their hand to shake, "I'm the green Paladin of Voltron, and I'm psychically linked to a giant robotic lion."

Alex Fierro likes this.
  8. Alex Fierro

Potter
    Race:
    Einherjar
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "I said something," Alex replied casually. "Not someone. Plausible deniability and all that. Though, you know..." He trailed off, leaving the words unsaid, but their meaning clear. As was what he was offering. "And I'm an Einherjar," he pronounced effortlessly. "Honoured dead? Immortal warrior of Odin? Strong, with a decent alcohol tolerance, and dead...man, currently, walking." Alex was smirking, a slightly unsettling expression, in its self-assurance and traces of viciousness.

Alex hadn't even thought about possible anti-supernatural stigma. Generally, he was worried about other forms of stigma, and he was human-passing, so it wasn't like he needed to care about it affecting him, most of the time. But the brown-haired midget raised a good point. Perhaps he should've been mo-- Alex had prevent himself from breaking into hysterical laughter. He hadn't changed himself for anyone, and Alex wasn't going to start now. But still, it was something to keep in mind. He wondered how he could make himself more supernatural-looking, just to fuck with people like that.

He'd find something.

Alex took the hand with a cocksure smile, shaking it firmly. "Alex. Nice to meet you, Pidge," he replied sincerely. "Also a robotic green lion sounds fucking awesome."

Pidge likes this.