By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Life has a Grand Plan

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Loki Laufeyson, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson Marvel Universe

Prince of Asgard
    Race:
    Frost Giant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    [​IMG]

June 27th, Year 5

@Superman

The day's warmth had not faded, although the golden light had lost its previous energy since the sun had began to descend beyond the horizon. The sea had gotten painted in the various colors of the upcoming sunset as the crystal clear waters reflected the last struggling rays. No wind was blowing, no waves were smashing against the sand, no sounds of birds were interrupting the silence. Just an unearthly and almost eerie peace was lying over the area.

Due to the lack of company, he did not have to make an effort to fit in, so he was wearing his uniform but without the helmet or the armor plated which usually matched his outfit during important fights. Maybe the clothes were not suitable for the weather since he had selected the black leather coat with the green details along with the tunic and black pants in the same hues and black boots, but he did not experience an discomfort. The raven colored hair were slicked back and away from of his face which accentuated the beginning of a somewhat receding hairline.

Loki's gaze was taking in the scenery when a fast approaching figure appeared in a distance, flying towards him. A second passed before he could recognize the man but upon the dark shape became more than a mere shadow, the God of Lies noticed who that individual was. That was the altruist who had nearly killed himself in an endeavor to save the island and he was flying closer by the minute. When the sorcerer judged that the hero was close enough, he spoke loud, aiming to be heard. “It is an ideal place to think.” Hopefully, he would draw Superman's attention.

“Under different circumstances a proper greeting would include an expression of good wishes for the day to come accompanied by a name. Yet, I can not help but think that I am actually unaware of your true name, considering how superheroes tend to choose rather peculiar terms to address themselves by.” The bright green eyes focused on the man in the tight attire. After recalling Thor's reaction when someone messed with his red cape, a part of him kept wondering about the reason behind the incredible fondness of such a piece of clothing. Perhaps it was all about the visual effects and that was pretty much where the accessory's usefulness ended.

“On this occasion though, the title seems to fit its owner perfectly.” The deep voice was tinged with an english accent and Loki sounded very sincere as the last words turned into a compliment. On the other hand, he was not lying either. No common human could have accomplished the attainment of ensuring the survival of an entire city. After witnessing Superman's capabilities during the fight against the Darkness, the God of Mischief realized the potential benefits of forming an alliance and taking advantage of the hint of naivety which lingered in such a strong person's behavior.

Then he carefully started to set his plans into motion, just like a predator that prepared a flawless trap in order to capture the prey. “Of course I have heard unpleasant rumors as well which I simply refuse to believe.” There was definitely a sign of concern and a dramatic pause made the statement more serious. Suddenly the air gave the impression of becoming a bit heavier. “News travel unexpectedly fast in this world.” Loki had discovered everything regarding an unfortunate event that occurred in a forest and it was the opportune moment to use that knowledge.

2. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    He had noticed that if he flew fast enough, he could see the colors of the world blending together and being replaced by shades of grey. It made the everything look so much more simple and peaceful, even if, in Pandora, the color he missed most was the blue of the Earth as seen from the stratosphere. That little blue planet would always be irreplaceable, and his longing tended to be overbearing every time this dimension failed him.

Or he had failed it himself, as he had seen in Wanda's eyes, but it wasn't without a reason. Their talk had helped him, but he was still sad and plagued by this terrible visions, and the worst part was that there was nothing he could do. He had tried so many different ways out of Pandora, without results. There wasn't even the certainty that the most destructive one would do any good and Kal-L had found that he couldn't risk the safety of everyone else in the process. He had caused enough destruction already, and he felt very guilty for it.

He was headed towards the ocean, which reminded him of Earth more than anything else in this dimension when he heard a voice calling him. He lowered himself to the ground, recognizing the voice to be none other that Loki, who had helped him rid the darkness and save Cascade Bay two months ago. Kal-L had nothing but respect for the man.

And even in his miserable and self reflective state, he couldn't help but laugh a little at Loki's observations. Come to think of it, there was a lot of truth to his words, and it wasn't just his name; Batman, Wonder Woman and others seemed like equally strange titles before he got used to them. He nodded his head at the man's compliment, but his eyes were lowered and his expression was lacking confidence. He didn't feel like a Superman at the moment, not after destroying all that piece of land.

He took a moment to gather his strength before he answered. 'Rumors are often exaggerated, but... In this case they are right to say I caused the destruction of a large area in the Silverwood forest. I was trying to break the walls and... I harmed the land in the process.' he said. He was filled with remorse, and it showed in his expression, as well as the tone of his voice..

3. Loki Laufeyson

Prince of Asgard
    Race:
    Frost Giant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    [​IMG]
    Beyond doubt the hero felt burdened by the consequences of his actions, since the confession about the events stank with remorse. The God of Mischief decided to seize the golden opportunity because he had noticed how the most powerful individuals had a natural inclination of becoming self-absorbed. Even the brave and noble ones ended up focusing on the insignificant details quite often, instead of seeing the bigger picture around them. Apparently Superman was not different.

The combination of Superman's words and behavior offer a great chance for Loki to acquire the necessary information in order to reach an accurate conclusion regarding the motivation. The Asgardian's rapidly working mind solved the puzzle fast enough before settling on a specific cause. Like a proper predator he would exploit the prey's vulnerable position. From his experience the fight for acceptance led to downfall and the hero had started walking on the wrong path.

“So the rumors carried the truth?” The question sounded like a whisper, as though he just realized the obvious while his lips parting in surprise. “Break the walls?” He mused thoroughly in disbelief. “Then your actions served as an attempt to escape this realm.” Of course he was pretended but no one would manage to discern his schemes. Sentiment remained a weakness and it was truly pathetic to watch emotions overpowering an individual with such potential for greatness.

A person could put an effort in choosing righteousness and then a random situation could prove enough to flip a switch which contributed to the destruction of all that seemed familiar. The God of Lies could read people and due to his high intelligence his interpretation of certain circumstances were correct. “Perhaps your efforts derived from the desire to be reunited with the loved ones who were left behind when the black veins pulled you into this dimension?”

“The land shall recover, Superman.” The remark aimed to be a comfort. Then the corner of his lips curled upwards while a soft chuckle escaped from the back of his throat. “And I am still oblivious to your name.” The smile died in an instant, with his confidence disappearing too. Loki lowered his head. “Maybe you consider me unworthy of it. Or you share it with those you trust.That I respect.” Manipulating Superman had not been a demanding mission thus far but he was ready to take slow steps.

4. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    He didn't do anything else other than nod in affirmation as Loki was figuring it out what had happened by himself. Kal didn't think he had the strength to go over the events that had led him to attempt to break the walls at this moment. He was feeling so overwhelmed with guilt that all he wanted to do was lie down. But he didn't mind the company. Loneliness would only serve to make him even more depressed.

He only raised his blue eyes at Loki in surprise, when he attempted to understand his motives. When he had first been pulled in Pandora he wanted nothing more but to go back to his Earth, but he came to care about the others that had been imprisoned here as well. If he were to break the walls it would be to free them too, since he had seen how miserable and distressed being away from the loved ones was making them. He couldn't help but think of himself as lucky given the things he had come to find in Pandora, all those friends from the alternate dimension, and most importantly, his family and the knowledge about Krypton. He missed his adoptive parents so much, the farm, Moscow, Pyotr and the members of the party... but he wouldn't risk the destruction of this realm at the cost of people's lives to see them again.

'No...' he started, his brows frowning. 'My world... it consists of many worlds. Alternative Earths, an entire multiverse. I hadn't thought much about it until I came here. And then I saw...' his voice was breaking, as he was struggling even now, to understand the things he had seen. 'I saw destruction and death. Injustice, wars, friends turning on one another. Lots of good people suffering. And in some of these worlds the one responsible for all that was another Superman. Because he.. I... couldn't control his power... because he his.. mine.. acts of heroism was attracting beings that sought to destroy everything...' he said. 'I wanted to stop all that, I couldn't watch without doing anything...' he continued. 'But there's nothing I can do...'

The mentioning of his name surprised him, but he was far too upset to think anything wrong in asking for it. He wanted to keep his promise to comrade Stalin, but he would be lying if he said he hadn't given his Kryptonian to certain people in Pandora already, so why not Loki too? 'I learned my true name, the one my parents gave me when I was born, recently, along with the name of the planet I come from. It's Kal-L. From Krypton.'

5. Loki Laufeyson

Prince of Asgard
    Race:
    Frost Giant
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    [​IMG]
    From Loki’s point of view humans were ephemeral due to their short lifespan and their existence consisted of wars or destruction or injustice. The man had provided a perfect opportunity to discuss not only about battle but also the way peculiar abilities were interrelated with disaster. The Silvertongue realized that the proclaimed enhanced citizens had grown exponentially in Pandora and simultaneously the threats had increased at a commensurable rate.

First he blamed the man very elegantly, not raising suspicion since he knew how to use words, but probably quite effectively. “Perhaps a causality exists between a declaration of hero’s wishes to protect a community, and the beginning of dispute with other groups of people. Strength usually invites a challenge. Power is often deemed a form of provocation, albeit unintentional. Yet, it still incites conflict. Consequently, a clash of two societies or two individuals breed catastrophe.”

A soft sigh escaped from his throat, as though he was feeling guilty too. Of course the reaction was nothing more than a piece of his plan but Superman would be able to see the truth. “What choice is there, aside from helping those in need?” The prince walked closer with caution. “Certain things you can control. Holding yourself responsible for all shall not avail you. Right your wrongs. Repair what you have broken. And if you can not, rebuild upon the ruins.”

The prince averted his gaze slowly and tilted his head to the side, both reactions indicating his sincere confusion. “Kal-L of Krypton?” The question flew free from his lips. “Pardon my ignorance but I have no knowledge of such name. Apparently our galaxies are very far from each other.” The trickster narrowed his emerald-colored eyes, recalling the various books of the enormous library back at his own land and the proper education he had received as a child.

The universe remained a field of the unknown, waiting to be explored. Moreover, beyond the different perspectives on countless issues, people tended to share the insatiable desire to acquire additional knowledge about its vastness. “In Asgard the children are taught from a very young age regarding Yggdrasil, the tree of the world.” The God of Lies informed the superhero. Concurrently, several facts about solar systems and distant planets began to flood his mind.

“The cosmic nimbus connects the Nine Realms, representing a beacon of wisdom and guardian of fate.” Then the God of Mischief looked at the man once again, pondering the possibility of further explaining. Instead of lingering on the matter though, he changed the subject. “You might imagine my fascination to hear about your homeland. Yet, I must admit… I am a little confused. Are you not from Midgard?” After a brief moment he added. “Apologies. I mean Earth.”

6. Superman

Superman DC Universe

Punching Bag
    Race:
    Advanced Human
    [​IMG]
    His head hang low at the sound of Loki's words, crushed by their meaning. They rang true and rational and he blamed himself for not considering them sooner, before he had decided to reveal himself to mankind. He had feared they would reject him naturally, but he hadn't thought that they would ruin themselves in their efforts to stop him, nor that his mere presence alone would birth bad people and new threats. It was the exact opposite of what he was aiming for by being Superman. He brought his hands to his face, in an effort to hide himself, not just from Loki but from everyone else too. But what Loki said next stunned him at first, until he thought it over and nodded in agreement. If he was responsible for catastrophes, he had to figure the best way to stop causing them and acting only in ways that helped the environment around him.

Focus on the smaller things that he could help grow, which was similar to what Wanda had told him too. It was like growing plants in the farm. Too much attention could harm them, but when he knew how much water and sun they needed to survive, then the families didn't have to worry about going hungry in the winter.

He finally turned his eyes to Loki when he begun speaking about his universe, telling mesmerizing stories about it. He always found himself amazed at different planets and homes than his own, despite not quite understanding how they operated, sometimes. It also helped him take off his mind of soul crushing thoughts that were going around in his head, so he focused his attention on Loki, smiling slightly at calling Earth Midgard.

'I was raised in Earth by human parents.' he said to Loki. 'But I was born on a planet many light years away. My father was a scientist who had predicted Krypton's destruction, but it was too late to save the planet. So he built the spaceship that brought me to Earth some time after I was born to save me.' he narrated. That was the story of him and his people, that were now long gone. 'I don't remember my home planet or my true parents. But I was lucky to have been found by good people who raised me as their son.' he said, reminiscing of his life on Earth. It wasn't always easy, but he knew how it was to feel happy and protected and that was all thanks to humans. So it wasn't a surprise that he had a very genuine and deep love for Earth and its people.'

#6 Superman, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018