By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Life's a Carousel My Friends

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Twist, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random

Life's A Carousel My Friends

Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late
    White rabbits on the run

About MeWarning: I'm the worst at these. To overshare or undershare, that is the question.

I'm a thirty-four year old from Florida with a husband, a daughter, two cats and a dog. Right now I'm working in retail (stocking, ugh) but might be leaving that soon, and I hope to go to college in the spring for Funeral Services, in the hopes of getting a job helping people set up their funeral preferences, and as a funeral director.

Outside of professional stuff, I'm a fan of many different media types and genres, from horror to comedy, and anime to novels and even concept art. I try to be open-minded toward all opinions, enjoy discussion about all kinds of topics and really like getting to know people. That being said, I do have social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder, so some days I might be more edgy, worried, anxious, or unable to get a coherent thought together. This doesn't reflect on anyone and I may be quiet for a couple days until my mind sorts itself back out- but I will be back. :)

Roleplay Preferences-Communication is key. If anything is ever in doubt, or you're not sure how something would work out, please ask. I will always extend the same courtesy to you. <3
    -I have a pretty busy life sometimes and that means replies can take a little while. If I go a week or two without replying, or if you need a response pretty promptly for the AC or to finish something it's totally fine to reach out and I will prioritize as much as I can.
    -I am totally open to completely spontaneous 'throw people together and see what happens' threads, or totally plotted out ones, and anything in between.
    -Again, communication is king! Want to be enemies? Friends? Allies? Accomplices? Lovers? Haters? All-out war makers? My characters can always stand to have more people across the spectrum in their lives.
    -I love to have people meet through acquaintances, status messages or the communications forum, because it feels very organic.
    -I'm not very good at 'bump into each other on the street' threads, unless we have a goal to build toward- like the street is going to explode, or they're both being hunted by the same were-octopus, something like that. ;D Exciting character introductions make things memorable.

LimitsI'm pretty simple in that regard. If you are wanting to kill, assault (sexually or otherwise), or entrap my character, please let me know beforehand so I'm prepared. I will work with you to the best of my ability, previous plots and events notwithstanding.

Likewise, if you need to metagame something happening to one of my characters, ask me first. I will always do the same for you.

Check out my characters below!

#1 Twist, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Solona Amell and Ivy like this.
  2. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aphrodite
    Goddess of Love, Beauty, Peace and Passion
    Loveliest of the Olympians
    Ditey's Application

« »
    Basic Information
    Aphrodite was born of Olympus and is the goddess of love, peace, beauty and forgiveness, and all of the positive and negative things that means. Charming, alluring and personable on her good days she is also fickle, temperamental and careless with ideas like mortal morality and decency. However, she is very good at her job and very enthusiastic about spreading love stories across Pandora- and having a ton of fun at the same time.

As a friend Aphrodite can be a good listener, sympathetic and willing to help. As an enemy- well, that's far darker. She doesn't deal well with people's disrespect or scorn, but if you treat her decently she's more than willing to give people a chance. She's always willing to appreciate a pretty face and form too- after all, she is the Goddess of Love, so she's known for taking paramours if inclined. However, her first loyalty is herself, her children and her family and friends.
    Currently in Pandora

• Currently looking for a good building to take over as a temple.
    Plot Ideas

• Gods, goddesses, demigods, spirits, she'd love to meet all of you!
    • Matchmaking- want to have the Goddess of Love set you up with someone? We can work with that!
    • Temple babes, followers and lovers- she's always keen for people to notice and appreciate her for the goddess she is.
    • Have some issues with love? Fun conflict is always appreciated!

[​IMG]
    Futaba Sakura
    Aliases- Oracle, Alibaba, Medjed, etc.
    Phantom Thief
    Futaba's Application
    « »
    Basic Information
    Futaba is, by nearly universal estimation, a total weirdo and geek. She's a fan of sci-fi, a hacker, and pretty bad at interacting with strangers in public- or even at being in public at all. This isn't the easiest path to follow in life though, especially since the death of her mother, and for a time she was a total shut-in. Now, though, she is on the path to mending, and trying to make friends- and pursue justice against lying adults who use others for their own distorted desires. Normal teen stuff.

The easiest way to run into Futaba is when she's out, gathering supplies and trying to conquer her intense agoraphobia and social anxiety, or online. If you love video games, super heroes, and computers she will talk your ear off about those topics, and once she's your friend she's a loyal one, if a bit pushy.
    Currently in Pandora

• Settled into Ark City
    • Working part-time at Leblanc Deux
    Plot Ideas

• Computer Shenanigans- Futaba is a hacker and very fond of her online and computer-based world.
    • Phantom Thieves/Persona- She has a special sort of power that involves the mind, and traveling into it via her Metaverse App. If you're keen to know more, just drop a line here.

[​IMG]
    Illyana Rasputina AKA Magik AKA Darkchyld
    Demon Sorceress of Limbo
    Mutant Teleporter of the X-men
    Illyana's Applicaton
    « »
    Basic Information
    Magik is the sister of Piotr 'Colossus' Rasputin. Stolen by a demon as a child, her soul was corrupted and fractured. After a chaotic life as an occasional villain in her own story she is currently working to be the hero she wished to become as a child. While it is a work in progress, she can be a very powerful ally with her mutant skills, fighting ability and magical sorceries, or a dangerous enemy if you stand on the opposite side of her ideals or her friends.
    Currently in Pandora

• Trying to settle into the routines of Pandora
    Center
    [/URL]
    • Fellow Marvelites and Mutants- you are always welcome, and she's going to be very bemused with some of her canonmates.
    • A protectorate- Yana is at her best when she has something good to fight for; it keeps her from getting antsy. She is especially protective of children and those ousted from society by prejudice.
    • Monster hunting- She will gladly go after things and kill them. Not so much for money, but she'll still do it if the offer is right.

[​IMG]
    Leopold Fitz
    Agent of SHIELD
    Genius Engineer Physicist Geek
    Fitz's Application
    « »
    Basic Information
    Leo Fitz is a technically minded, occasionally snarky and deeply loyal genius. Recruited at a young age into SHIELD's sci-tech division he quickly rose up the ranks to become, with his partner Simmons, one of the most respected scientists in the organization. Once he joined Coulson's team he grew even more capable and is now more than a typical nerd. Deeply devoted to standing against those who would bring evil and harm to the world he nevertheless has a mostly-hidden darker side that makes him react strongly and violently when needed.
    Currently in Pandora

Center

• Looking for job opportunities and a place to settle down
    • Canonmates- ALL OF THE STUFF!
    • SHIELD agent- Fitz fights evil, and is a scientist. This means he might make either a great ally or enemy for you.

[​IMG]
    Menolly
    Harper and Fire Lizard Expert
    Menolly's Application
    « »
    Basic Information
    Menolly's life has always been different than expected. The first female Harper of her age, she's a musician, singer, songwriter, adviser, information gatherer, traveler- and that's before her ten tiny draconic friends, the fire lizards. But she's not going to let being thrown into a completely different world get her down, and she intends to learn as much as she can while here. While she can be a little quiet at first Menolly is sociable and amicable, and very good at being friends with a variety of people. She values goodness, morality and cleverness in her friends, and is fearless in regards to those important to her. She also loves a good joke, and she's always willing to sing or play to liven up a dull moment.
    Currently in Pandora

• Settled in Elysium
    • Currently working at odd jobs (though she is available for more permanent work!)
    Plot Ideas

• Shippy things- Menolly is open to friendships with just about anyone who isn't evil, or perhaps a romantic plot with a special guy. For a romantic ship the guy in question must at least be 18+ for her own comfort level.
    • Common interests- Menolly is a musician, spy, sailor, keeper of tiny dragonets and a teacher who loves to explore and be active. This means that there are a variety of ways to meet her, and all sorts of adventures to have!
    • Crimefighting- Menolly is not the kind of person to sit by and let bad things happen without stepping in. She was formerly trained by the Kingsmen as well so she's not entirely without skills.

[​IMG]
    Riza Hawkeye
    Soldier and Adjutant
    'The Hawk's Eye'
    Riza's Application
    « »
    Basic Information
    Riza Hawkeye is a person with a complicated life. After an uncomfortable childhood she joined the military in the hopes of pursuing a dream of helping the people of her nation, only to be betrayed by that very military through lies and deceit. However, trusting in the mission of another, she continued to work within the system, gaining a reputation as a model soldier and adjutant, obedient to orders, stern, strict, reserved and cold. Most people are a little afraid to cross the Lieutenant, especially when she's on the warpath, but those who work closely with her know her to be fair, with a dry sense of humor.

Those close to her see another side of her- a person filled with the regrets of her actions, the absolutely loyalty to those she considers friends, and her utter devotion to what she deems good, as well as a soft heart she tries to shield from the horrors of the world. Her dog Black Hayate receives the largest part of her affection, though she shows her humor and smile to those she knows well, and her stubborn protectiveness to her closest comrades. To her enemies, she shows only a cold sniper's stare and a flat expression, though if forced to she can endure them just long enough to gather what she needs to know for their defeat.
    Currently in Pandora

• Serving as Chief of Police in Ark City
    • Married to @Roy Mustang
    Plot Ideas

• Ark City- Riza is the chief of police and very involved in her work. Anything crime related would be awesome!
    • Motherly type- She also enjoys looking after people, and is a great listener. Need a friend, sister or mom stand-in? She's down.
    • Canonmates- Amestris was a complicated place. Maybe in this new world we need to look at things a little differently- or maybe not. You decide.
    • Alliances- all politics comes with maneuvering and making allies.

[​IMG]
    Tanaquil
    Tinker Sorceress
    Vampire
    Tanaquil's Application

« »
    Basic Information
    Tanaquil is a distant, sarcastic vampire with a very special gift- mending. Specifically, mending ANYTHING and EVERYTHING without question, from electronics to weapons to hearts, and making them work to the upmost of their ability. This has not made it easy for her to blend in with most people though; you never can, when you see so many flaws in everything around you. However, if you get past her flippant nature and aloof willingness to absolutely avoid making connections like the ones that have hurt her before, she is a good-hearted and loyal friend, motivated by the idea of turning the world into a better place.
    Currently in Pandora

• Living in Pandoropolis
    • Dating @Jason Todd
    • Does freelance mending work and upgrades
    Plot Ideas

• Vampire complications- Tanaquil is a creature of the night and that tends to make some people uncomfortable.
    • Mender Witch- Tanaquil is going to open up a 'night repair shop' in some out of the way place, so if you need work done, feel free to look her up.
    • Everything else- Tanaquil has a habit of ending up in the strangest situations and those are only likely to get stranger now.

#2 Twist, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Solona Amell likes this.
  3. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    SAVED FOR FUTURE INFO AND ORGANIZATION

4. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    Okay I'm super bad at these so this post is probably going to be useless buuuut

Naomi and @Leopold Fitz??? I feel like they could have some interesting convos if they somehow bump into each other!! Naomi is currently trying to figure out how to program the Rocinante's security system to somehow recognize when someone is about to be teleported/pulled on board. It's happened enough that she super isn't comfortable with it and is worried someone will appear somewhere dangerous like the engine room or something. <.< So maaaaybe Fitz could help out with that somehow and get a tour of the awesome high-tech Martian warship in the meantime???

5. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Naomi Nagata and Operation: Fitz in Space

Yassss, all of this! He'd be very keen to see a cool spaceship and as far as security stuff to prevent teleportation that is EXACTLY his favorite kind of engineering to do- and he has experience at it as well. haha Gordon He's open pretty much everything except mid-december, so early December-January-February would be great! The only thing that might come into question is how he and Naomi hear about each other, but I'm sure they could have an NPC acquaintance in common or something if need be! After all, they work in the same field.

Nic likes this.
  6. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Directory:
    link
    Would Fitz do any consulting for StarsX at any point? Naomi could hear of him that way, since the Roci contracts through them!

7. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    He does need a job to cover for his ARMOUR job.. StarsX would be an awesome choice. :D So let's say yes, while I go run over to the job sign ups. If they have a listing.

Nic likes this.
  8. Kat

Kat Guest

@Twist I have a few plots and tbh none of them are good???? I just love a few of your characters (ok I love all of them) and need to plot with them specifically???? Even though I don't have ideas????? Okay leTS GO~

BISHAMONTEN AND LUNAThis lady is so adorable! Lunafreya would find her absolutely stunning and would be amazed at how she came to be. A goddess created by the wishes of her people to stop bad things? Wow! Luna is the Oracle of her world so she's the only one who can talk to the Gods, so being able to talk to someone like that who is 'normal' would be weird and cool all at the same time. My main idea between these two is that, since Bishamonten worked with Noctis on some hunts, maybe Luna went to her to see how he was doing? She doesn't want to interfere in his life and is doing her best to stay away from him (aka: we can't let Noct know his dead wife is here or it might upset him) but she wants to make sure he's alright. So yeah, she finds Bishamonten or the hunter's guild/whatever that's called that he helped with to inquire about him? And then they meet and Luna is like 'wow this lady is SO COOL' and gets starry eyes?

FITZ AND AMELLI really don't know how this would work but I love Fitz SO MUCH that I needed to throw one of my kids at him. Amell is a mage and can therefore do MAGICAL STUFF!!!!! With Fitz being so technologically sound and all that jazz, seeing someone who can do magic might maybe blow his mind? And Amell is someone who not only loves to teach others about magic, but is someone who loves to learn more about others and their home worlds. So maybe you could have a nerd boy and a nerd girl talking about their respective areas of interest and they could just have a nerdy good time?

MENOLLY AND AMELLSCREAMS DRAGONRIDERS OF PERN IS MY JAM OK!!!!! Seriously the Harper Hall series was my first DRoP series and I love it so much, Menolly is a precious dragon child and I really see her and Solona getting along super well together! Solona would be amazed at her smol dragon babies her dog Bel would probably chase them and be very happy? They could bond over their love of animals and be best friends????? I don't have a plot here other than Amell freaking out over the fire lizards tbh.

Twist likes this.
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom The Crazy Geek

Super Geek/Crazy Person
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Azura & Leopold: Azura is like Leopold - wanting good for all in the world. She kind of has super-powers if you want to get technical about superheroes (because you know, Marvel :p). While not understanding a ton of his high-tech stuff, she'd probably ask if she could help him pursue his goals to bring peace to Pandora.

Twist likes this.
  10. Crystal Peak

Crystal Peak Even in darkness, there is always light

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Dorian Pavus & Menolly (@Twist)Hey there, Twist! How's it going? Hope things are going well for you and all that jazz. ;)

So! I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I'd love for Menolly and Dorian to interact and hang out. They're both teachers at the Schola, they kind of know about each other thanks to a certain vampire *cough*Raphael*cough*. I'd love for Dorian to learn more about her world since she's also the one that gave the fire lizard to Raphael and they could totally talk about magic, history and other things too!

Dorian Pavus & TanaquilAnd maybe at another point, Dorian could meet Tanaquil, if you're interested? I think Dorian would be interested how Tanaquil can still use her magic even as a vampire--unless she can't and I misunderstood that, lol.

Raphael Santiago and Twist like this.
  11. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    Apologies for the delay in replying here! I'm the worst <3

@Nic

Fitz is now working in StarsX, so let the space shenanigans begin!

@Kat

Bishamon and @Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

I love this idea. Bishamon isn't used to butting into mortal affairs like their romantic lives, so other than 'haven't you considered talking to him' she's not likely to give anything away. After all, that's Lunafreya and Noctis's life and she's not going to butt in. ;) I can also see them getting along really well. I know a bit about Luna and their personalities would mesh really well as friends. The official Hunters group is gone, but she's likely to still be running missions and keeping an eye on Silverwood. She's also got a shrine in Misty Hollow, should that catch the Oracle's eye.

@Solona Amell and Fitz

Oooh boy, Fitz is sooooo uncertain about this magic stuff. He's from a point where he's interacted with a little of it- dealing with a certain Ghost Rider and some ghosts- but he's still clinging to the hope that it's just science they don't have rules for yet. It should be hilarious to challenge him that way, especially since most of the people he's run into were canonmates from equally nonmagical places.

Amell and Menolly

Awwwww yassss, another Pern fan! :D Menolly loves stories herself and is very keen to collect as many as she can about the different worlds that the Pandoran people are from- if nothing else, there's tons of musical fodder there! A bestie type relationship would be fantastic for her, she needs a gal pal, and there is a lot to bond over with the fire lizards and dragons. The Harper has developed a bit in Pandora as well so she's a little more canny and confident than she was back on Pern, but at her heart she's the same nice girl. Just she's gotten a little superspy training too ;D.

@Wisdom

Fitz is always open to meeting new heroes, though the 'magic' thing is still unsteady ground for him at the moment. Did you have anything in particular you wanted them to do? Fight a criminal, or meet up at random, or whatnot? Currently he's working in StarsX and staying quiet in general while he settles into Pandora, so I'm not quite sure how she'd learn about him. But I'm definitely open to ideas!

@Crystal Peak

@Dorian Pavus and Menolly

OOH yas, please let's have them meet and interact! I think they'd get along pretty well and she is super curious about her fellow teachers.. And Raphael's friends, because she needs something to tease Old Man Vamp about :p -teasing- Maybe they could hang out in the break room one day? I'm sure Menolly could have some book or other open, and she'd be clever enough not to be too blatantly nosy.. Well.. Mostly. Maybe a little nosy.

Dorian and Tanaquil

Oh she still has her magic, for sure! It's the one nice thing Pandora left her after taking away the invulnerability blessing she'd gotten from the unicorn. Honestly she's not really sure how she still has magic, since it seemed to freak Raphael out when he realized, so she'd be curious to see if she's some sort of aberration or if Pandora is just doing strange things at times. Plus, if he has anything broken, she'd be glad to fix it. especially since he matters to Raphael so much, and this season she's not really sure what to do with herself over some of the events happening. Maybe sometime toward mid-late January they could meet up? or if earlier is better, she's got a good hunk of early-mid December clear.

12. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @Twist - Dorian & Menolly & Tanaquil
    Awesome! Same for Dorian, since I bet Menolly has the rep of being an amazing musician at the school. ;) And yeah, go right ahead at teasing, I'm totally fine with it, even if Dorian is going to blush like crazy. xD Sure! The break room sounds like a nice place to meet; Dorian's only thread this season so far is the vampire ball, so I'm cool with any other date! Remind me though, does Menolly have magic? or am I remembering a different character who uses magical music?

For Tanaquil & Dorian, mid/late January definitely works for me. I'd like for Dorian to talk with her to mostly see how she's coping both with her magic and being a vampire. Even though Dorian doesn't have the same magic as her, he could definitely lend her a hand if she needs it, you know? :)

13. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Crystal Peak

Dorian and Menolly

Alas, Menolly does NOT have magic. She's a bit telepathic, as are her fire lizards, but she's much more 'future human from another planet that had a very medieval setup' than she is 'pure old world fantasy'. However, she's been a musician all of her life, and if she could learn magical magic she definitely would! She's also a songwriter who knows the more subtle magic of a good turn of phrase. But alas, nothing mystical or arcane about her at the moment. Those dates definitely work for me as well for Menolly.

Dorian and Tanaquil

That sounds great to me as well. She's got a weird kind of magic with her mending ability and pretty much nothing else- it's a long story- but her mother was one of those typical story sorceresses, summoning demons and scrying and doing magical experiments all of the time. So long as Dorian isn't as dismissive of her as her mother was, Tanaquil would be glad with him. Since she can mend things like spells as well, maybe she could even be of use to him?

Raphael Santiago likes this.
  14. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @TwistDorian & Menolly
    Ah, sorry, my bad. ^^ But that's cool! She's still an awesome musician and determination is key! Okay, so beginning of December, talk and chat about general lessons and all that wonderful jazz! Any date you like best? :)

Dorian & Tanaqui
    So, her ability is more about mending things, not exactly healing magic, right? Dorian has been knowing to study and do experiments, but no to summoning demons. That's a big no to Thedas' mages (cause they can get possessed like that). If she wants to learn, Dorian will help out however he can. He'd like to help her try and balance with the whole 'being a vampire & something magical' since he know how magic can get a little messy and she means a lot to Raphael.

I'm a bit confused on what you mean exactly, by mending spells--unless again I am confusing this. xD

15. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Crystal Peak

Dorian and Menolly

No worries! XD Honestly she does adore magic anyway, that's why she's teaching at the Schola. Maybe one day she'll find a type she can learn. Pretty much any date before December 20th works for me!

Dorian and Tanaquil

She can heal things, but it's very sort of- esoteric. Not specifically healing magic, for sure, but it does fix broken things, like broken bones, broken skin- even broken hearts and broken spirits. Which is sort of where the spells thing comes in. :) In her canon, she found a broken portal and fixed it, as well as some broken magic, and a few miswritten/broken spells. Basically if something isn't working right, she can come in and make it work perfectly. And once she fixes it, it becomes impossible to accidentally break again.

And I am definitely for that, helping to balance the two. Her thing is that when she's mending, she forgets things like eating, and whether sunrise is coming up, and sleeping, because it sort of takes over her a little. She's not unreachable, but she does forget about herself for the sake of the magic. Plus, it's just so draining on her, but it's helping her cope with her hunger sometimes- as long as there's something to fix, she doesn't have to think about it. XD

16. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @TwistAwesome! I can start that on Dorian's and Menolly's thread! :D

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :D And that's pretty neat--must be useful to have an ability like that! All in all, Dorian can lend her a helping hand, if she wants it. And might be the one to remind her to eat and stay out of the sun when Raphael won't be there he probably acts like a motherhen xD.

But yes! I am all for them hanging out and them talking about magic and Dorian helps her out. You mentioned she's free in January right?

17. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Crystal Peak @Dorian Pavus

That sounds great! I can get the second one started if you want, or you can, I know some people prefer starters- but I don't mind sharing the load, if you want. Tanaquil is free every day in mid-late January, or early January, but the 10th, 11th and 15th are taken I think.

18. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @TwistIf you can start the thread with Tanaquil and Dorian, that'd be great! Dorian in January has 1 thread so far; one on the 7th but I've one to make on the 20th, so that's not free for me. Any other date he's free. :)

Twist likes this.
  19. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Dorian Pavus

Sure thing! Btw did we have a particular place where Tanaquil and Dorian would be meeting? O.O

20. Crystal Peak

Dreamer and Chef
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @Twist

I don't mind! Wherever you like. :)