By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Life's a Carousel My Friends

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Twist, Oct 23, 2017.

1. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji and Aphrodite
    Okay like I really want Aphrodite to do some matchmaking for Genji's poor single self just because of the shenanigans that could come out of it. This would probably be better to do once he's a cyborg again next season for maximum awkwardness, but I just figured I would throw the idea your way and see what you think of it lol.

Lúcio and Menolly
    I'm not sure if you're still searching for a love interest for Menolly, but either way, I think they would get along fairly well since they both like music, though they probably have very different tastes, and Lúcio is just a plain good dude who is a bit of a hero himself and is pretty adventurous as well.

Sakura and Futaba
    Double Sakura eyyy. They both work at the arcade, so I figured they could meet and be friends through that! Sakura is a extroverted brawler compared to Futaba who is more of a squishy, shy nerd, so they could have a fun dynamic between each other. Plus, Sakura could use some friends who will always beat her in videogames no matter how hard she tries =V

Twist likes this.
  2. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Genji Shimada and Aphrodite

Yaaaay matchmaking and meddling on love lives! XD She's definitely down for that. It might end up a brainstorming considering she's got a few other offers for it, but if/when I post it I'll tag you. And if you want to wait until next season that's fine too. Though she might be able to help with that cyborg thing, at least in terms of some kind of blessing or curse to make him human PART of the time, if you were interested?

@Lúcio Correia dos Santos

Oh that's still on, I just haven't updated the brainstorm lately because I was terrible and fell behind. But either way, friends is how that would start and I'm still down for that no matter what. :) she's definitely more folk and classical symphonic based but she loves learning any kind of music, being a songwriter and very adaptive.

@Sakura Kasugano

Futaba does love beating people at video games, and she'd have a blast with it. XD She's starting to learn to be a bit more social, and honestly, as long as Sakura isn't overly bully-like or intimidating she'd be glad to play with her!

FullMoon likes this.
  3. FullMoon

FullMoon Shipping Trash
    Community Relations Division

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Genji and Aphrodite
    Sure thing! But how exactly would that curse/blessing work? Genji is honestly happy with being a cyborg, but he would definitely be interested in something that could allow him to just switch between one or the other.

Lúcio and Menolly
    Great! Lúcio works at the Lux Nightclub, would Menolly be interested in visiting at some point and maybe watching him perform a little before they could have a little chat or something? Or do you have any other ideas of how they could meet?

Sakura and Futaba
    Sakura is anything but intimidating, she's a sweetheart and has a very sunny personality. Plus, once she notices Futaba is a more shy type of person, she would probably try to tone it down a little to make her more comfortable. She would love to have a friend to play with, even if she would get a little frustrated about losing all the time =P

4. Anomaly

Anomaly Player

Family disapointment
    Hey Twist! I love the idea of having Aphrodite around, so I'd like to try and throw a few of my peeps at her!

Rebecca Bunch and @Aphrodite
    So, Rebecca has a very complicated relationship with love. All her life, she's been trying to fill the void left by her abandoning father, her cold mother, and her own mental disorder by pursuing relationship after relationship with guys. They usually end very badly. Most recently, she's been obsessed with the boy she dated as a teenager back in summer camp. Like, obsessed to the point where she met him once, abandoned a job in NYC to move to his suburb in California, and proceeded to obsess over and stalk him when she found out he had a serious girlfriend. Yeah. BUT through a complicated series of events, she managed to not only land him, but got ENGAGED to him. She was planning the wedding when the vines of Pandora took her, so she's not exactly in a good way right now. Long story short, Rebecca is pretty heartbroken right now.
    The big thing with her in the grand scheme though is that Rebecca needs to learn that having a man love her will NOT make her problems all go away. She needs to learn how to love herself first and be happy with who she is. However, I think it'd be really interesting to see Aphrodite, the goddess of romantic love, play into Rebecca's concept that romance is the end-all-be-all. It'd be interesting to see if Aphrodite views Rebecca's level of obsession as a good thing or bad thing. If Rebecca knows who she's talking to, she'll probably go off and ask all about why she can't just get a happy ending and why love never works out for her. The way I see it Aphrodite will either help Rebecca's progress, or hurt her progress by being all "romantic love is very important! Don't give up! Go get your man!", and it'd be really interesting both ways!

Robert Small and Aphrodite
    The Dreamiest Daddy meets the Goddess of Love. Robert is also a character with a very complicated love story, but his feelings are the complete opposite. His wife died, his daughter left him, he slept with a married man who only screwed him over, and the man he thought he was falling for turned around and fell for the aforementioned married man. So yeah, he's not very happy with love right now. He's self medicating with booze and casual sex, but if he met the so-called "goddess of love", he'd probably have a few things to say to her. He'd probably go off and give her the "true love is dead" speech, which would probably end up offending her. Of course, butting heads with a literal goddess might not be the best idea, buuutttt what's the worst that could happen?

I don't really have concrete ideas on how either of them could meet her, but I'm open to anything! Let me know if you're interested in exploring those dynamics!

5. Jack

Jack Player

Dog lady
    Race:
    Moose
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    @Illyana Rasputina

LOOK AT THIS I'M ON A PLOTTING ROLL. So Illyana is super interesting and I feel like @Crowley in particular would be curious about her, bc you mentioned her soul being corrupted. In his world, human beings become demons by having their souls basically crushed and warped into something horrible and evil, but in his experience in Hell, both as a denizen and ruling it, very few human beings are able to endure soul-corrupting torment and still be as sane and 'present' as Illyana is. SO HE'D BE REALLY INTRIGUED AND PROBABLY NOSY AS FUCK. Mind you idk how she'd handle a demon just waltzing up and asking her awkward questions, or if she'd be able to detect that Crowley's a demon despite him wearing a human body. But in general he wouldn't be malicious, just genuinely impressed with the state of her soul vs her being upright and sentient.

Twist likes this.
  6. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Jack

Oooh yas, this sounds fun! :) Illyana would probably fit right in with his definition of 'demon', though she didn't really FINISH the process, as she learned the magicks and then took over her corruptor's pocket dimension and kicked him out. But it never really went away, and she is way more comfortable with the.. 'demonic' way of doing things than she lets on to most people. She'd probably be wary of Crowley trying to usurp her, because that's demons for you, and wary, but she'd also be willing to meet and 'do business' in a bantering kind of way because 'better the devil you know'. She'd be able to sense he's a demon unless he has a way to shield it that's non-magical, and she'd probably give him a half-bemused and 'quid pro quo' his questions because it IS good to know what the darkness is up to.

So all in all, I don't think it would be insta-fight, but it could be a lot of interesting banter and conversation about demons across the various dimensions- and possibly give @Crowley evil ideas about Limbo if he wants? Or they could be allies, as she's got an entire mystical library in that pocket dimension of hers, as well as being able to use sorcery? She's not so heroic she'd be above that.

7. Prix

Prix Player

Educator
    Race:
    Children's Program Puppet
    Hello there! If you're open to more interaction for him, I'd love it if one of my characters could interact with @Leopold Fitz!

I think it would be cool if Stitch met him because I think it would be a strange, possibly bittersweet callback to the days when S1 Fitz really wanted a monkey agent. However, Stitch is an intelligent alien and might be of interest to Fitz in that way?

On the other hand, I would also love for Chell to have an interaction with a scientist who is good overall. She has a very severe distrust of anyone with that kind of academic or institutional authority because of her background, but she may need help from someone with scientific expertise in my upcoming loosely plotted events with @GLaDOS and @C.A. Rotwang.

Twist and C.A. Rotwang like this.
  8. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Prix

Fitz would certainly be interested in meeting either of those people! Stitch might give him some pause, as he has started to learn via 'near baboon death' that monkeys can be quite a handful and Stitch should prove that right! It would still be some delightful shenanigans though.And he'd be very open to helping Chell with this problem, since AI is sort of a crapshoot and he's learning that as well. Plus portal tech would be absolutely fascinating to him.

Which area are the two of them located in?

9. Prix

Prix Player

Educator
    Race:
    Children's Program Puppet
    Awesome! Stitch is in the Undercity in the Cosmic Wilderness. Chell is in Pandopolis.

10. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    Ohdear, so late D: I thought I'd replied!

@Stitch @Chell

Well right now Fitz is pretty equally able to find himself at either place, though later in the season for Cosmic Wilderness and earlier for Pandoropolis. I'm really fine with both if you are open to it, or whichever one you prefer first is also fine. Fitz is going to be so wary of another blue alien, it'll be so much fun! and Chell's got teleporters so that's always cool! He might have ways to help the two of them as well, one way or another.

11. Linnie

Linnie Player

studying
    Tanaquil is so similiar to @Zephaniah's granddaughter XD that I hope that they can meet sometime. Young Zephaniah is basically a vagabond so she can be at everywhere (I am still waiting for someone to approve my re-app). Zephaniah has a whip as a weapon so maybe Tanaquil can repair her whip for her? Or can Tanaquil meet Zephaniah when Zephaniah is fighting a monster at the border of Pandopolis (and beating it). After she beats it, her whip is damaged so maybe Tanaquil tells Zephaniah she can fix it as long as Zephaniah pays (or free if she is kind)?

12. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Linnie

LOL I don't know anything about Zephaniah's canon but I will take your word for it! XD Tanaquil is glad to do repair work for pay- and rarely for free unless she's exceptionally fond, sadly- and they could certainly meet that way. If she runs across a creature she's more likely to help in the fight, so the setting of it would be entirely up to you!

Linnie likes this.
  13. Linnie

Linnie Player

studying
    So what date is she available so I can set up a starter?