By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Light in the Dark

Discussion in 'Centria' started by Carrie White, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Carrie White

Carrie White Stephen King’s Carrie
    someday, someone will know her name

Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    April 8th
    @Rachel Roth

She felt sick. Sick from the white hot pain that was roaring through her body. She'd started to feel weird when she'd walked past a group earlier, always hurrying by such large crowds. But then she'd seen someone she'd met before, who had stopped to ask how she was. Everyone always seemed to be asking her that, or what she'd been up to. It was something she hadn't got used to it and although it was...nice, she guessed, it was confusing why anyone was still bothered about her.

It wasn't long before the feeling started. A pain in her chest, and for a moment, Carrie wondered if she was dying. She mumbled a goodbye and ran off as the pain overwhelmed her. It was early evening, and the street lights were just coming on.

She got to a secluded area, underneath a bridge where there was plenty of shadow and allowed herself to double over. Immediately, vomit poured from her mouth, splashing onto the floor in all directions. Gasping, Carrie gripped the wall with one hand, her skin suddenly clammy. With no other option, the girl wiped her face with the arm of her jumper. But it wasn't over yet.

She fell the ground, just out of the shadows. The pain was still there and she clasped her hands around the back of head, squeezing her face between her lower arms and elbows as she whimpered, starting to cry. The lights on the street flickered, and then ultimately shorted out one by one as she was sick again. This time, she wasn't so lucky, and some of it caught in her hair.

Coughing and spluttering, Carrie laid curled up on the ground, not even caring that she was now in the darkness, illuminated only by the very last of the setting sun.

Rachel Roth likes this.
  2. Rachel Roth

Rachel Roth DC Universe

Race:
    Human-Demon Hybrid
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rachel wasn't afraid of the dark anymore. In fact she found herself feeling more comfort by it than anything else. Maybe it had something to do with the fact she was part demon, her powers were darkness and she felt drawn to it.

She knew she shouldn't be out here, though she was pretty sure Dick was somewhere other than the apartment which meant she could stay out for a bit longer. With her hood up, not many would know she was a young teen just wandering, and that was a good thing. They didn't need to wake up Raven.

Above her the bulbs shattered from some invisible force and her gaze snapped up after staring at the ground. Her gaze caught something, a figure, now only illuminated by the quickly setting sun. There was an absence of fear, and an influx of worry as she hurried over, not knowing what was going on or how she could help but determined to do something.

"Hey! Are you okay? What's going on?"

Carrie White likes this.
  3. Carrie White

Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    The girl groaned, looking up at the voice through vomit coated bangs. She couldn’t see much, although the voice sounded young and female. This was the worst kind of timing for someone to find her, although it wasn’t like she’d had any time to go anywhere else. The rug had been completely pulled out from under her when the pain had come.

“S-stay back,” Carrie murmured, barely able to form the words as she focused on the blurry figure. Although she was too weak to throw them back, they would feel a sudden ‘invisible wall’, which was really Carrie’s telekinesis stopping the girl from coming any closer.

Rachel Roth likes this.
  4. Rachel Roth

Rachel Roth DC Universe

Race:
    Human-Demon Hybrid
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rachel refused to heed the words, not wanting to stay back if she could help it, though as soon as she took a few more steps she found that she couldn't go any further. Something was stopping her, sort of like an invisible wall.

"I can help you."

Rachel tried pleading with her, even banging against the invisible telekinetic wall but the wall remained firmly in place. Maybe her own dark telekinesis could break it? That was a fleeting idea, one she didn't dare try in case it scared Carrie rather than comforted her.

Carrie White likes this.
  5. Carrie White

Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    The girl was not scared of the force that was holding her back, she merely stated she wanted to help her and banged on the ‘wall’, a noise that Carrie flinched at.

”I-I don’t know what’s happening to me,” she whimpered, more tears spilling down her face. ”But you can’t help me. Leave me alone.” In that moment, she realised she wanted Bo, more than anything. It was a weird feeling, to want a person near her.

Rachel Roth likes this.
  6. Rachel Roth

Rachel Roth DC Universe

Race:
    Human-Demon Hybrid
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

So the girl didn't know what was happening to her? That didn't stop Rachel from still trying to find a gap in the 'wall' even if it was proving to be fruitless.

"What if I can help? You shouldn't have to go through this alone." Rachel was stubborn, refusing to give up. What kind of person would she be if she walked away without trying all her options?

Carrie White likes this.
  7. Carrie White

Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    She sighed internally; why wouldn’t this girl just leave her alone?

At that moment, Carrie coughed, trying her hardest not to vomit. The invisible wall was gone, her concentration shifted.

Rachel Roth likes this.
  8. Rachel Roth

Rachel Roth DC Universe

Race:
    Human-Demon Hybrid
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hands were on the wall, trying in vain to find a weak spot. It was only when the other girl seemed to lose concentration on the wall did it vanish, almost making Rachel topple forward from the unexpected shift.

Seizing that moment, Rachel hurried forth and went to kneel next to her, pulling off her jacket to hopefully drape around the girls shoulders. There were no words spoken as she did so, just showing her she meant no harm and was there for her.

Carrie White likes this.
  9. Carrie White

Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Carrie was barely aware of the girl coming closer until something was draped around her shoulders. At that moment, she scrambled backwards, like an upturned insect, although she clutched the jacket so it didn't fall off.

She didn't do anything else to the girl, instead she just stared, before reality came crashing down and she sharply averted her gaze. "Who are you? Why are you doing this?"

Rachel Roth likes this.
  10. Rachel Roth

Rachel Roth DC Universe

Race:
    Human-Demon Hybrid
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    This was going much better than she expected - Rachel was half wondering if she would get a blast of energy aimed at her face but so far, it wasn't happening.

"My name is Rachel. And I'm doing this because it's the right thing to do." Rachel's voice was soft - she was here because she wanted to help, in addition to it being the right thing. "I'm sorry if I startled you."

Carrie White likes this.
  11. Carrie White

Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Somehow, she knew the girl wasn't lying. And getting a better look at her, Carrie could see that, even as young as she was, her eyes seemed older, wiser. A look that contrasted her own miserable gaze.

She tilted her head, matted strands falling into her face. The girl was apologising to her? Even when Carrie had been the one to retaliate, and use her power so openly. "It's a-alright... she muttered, looking down at the jacket thoughtfully. "You're not afraid of me, then?"

Rachel Roth likes this.
  12. Rachel Roth

Rachel Roth DC Universe

Race:
    Human-Demon Hybrid
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rachel could hardly blame her, after all she would have done the same thing if she had been Carrie. Not knowing if they were friend or foe, it was easy to be defensive.

"I'm not afraid of you." Rachel nodded, kneeling down. You're not the only one with powers." She said that softly, to show she understood and if Carrie wanted to ask more then Rachel would answer.

Carrie White likes this.
  13. Carrie White

Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Another person here with powers. Why couldn't her home have been full of these people? Someone who understood...

"...you probably didn't destroy an entire beach, though." She admitted quietly, the nausea and pain ebbing away slowly. Although it was horrible to admit to that, part of Carrie was done caring. Maybe if she hadn't tried to hide away and be so pathetic she could have had the means to avoid whatever was happening to her.

Rachel Roth likes this.
  14. Rachel Roth

Rachel Roth DC Universe

Race:
    Human-Demon Hybrid
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Not a beach no." Rachel admitted, "I did destroy part of a convent." Rachel felt some sort of kinship with Carrie, over their shared powers and destruction.

Carrie White likes this.
  15. Carrie White

Race:
    Telekinetic Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    "A...convent?" she asked in disbelief. Although it shouldn't have been such a shock, since she'd done similar, or worse. She kept her gaze down, "You, um, probably at least had a reason."

Rachel Roth likes this.
  16. Rachel Roth

Rachel Roth DC Universe

Race:
    Human-Demon Hybrid
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I was locked up for protection, because of the darkness that is in me."

Carrie White likes this.