By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private like a tide to the shore [m]

Discussion in 'Cosmic Wilderness' started by Kylo Ren, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Content Warning

june 6 – @Jaesa Willsaam

Kylo stepped from the cool interior of the ship and into the warm, balmy air of the planet they'd found. Immediately he could hear waves lapping at the shore just a bit away, the sound of wind through the jungle trees. He wore shorts and a loose, sleeveless shirt, that didn't bother the stitches on his back and shoulders. He'd slept through much of the morning, and the sun was already high in the sky as he turned to look at the woman behind him.

"We got here a little late, but... We made it back." He gave a thin smile and reached for her hand as she approached.

#1 Kylo Ren, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019 at 10:36 AM
    Jaesa Willsaam likes this.
  2. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    The light, warm breeze tickled Jaesa's skin as she left the ship with Kylo and she looked happily up at the bright blue sky. This was the kind of heat she liked, not the dry scorching temperatures she had grown used to in her time living beneath the twin suns of Tatooine. That had been miserable, and in the Dune Sea where she had lived for a few years, not having the right equipment or supplies would have been lethal. This was far nicer and much less dangerous.

Though she wore her usual form-fitting pants, she had pulled out a looser and more floaty black blouse than the tight tops she normally wore. Her dark hair, usually worn loose, was pulled up into a high ponytail to keep the back of her neck cool.

"Nowhere else I'd rather be," she murmured, reaching out and entwining her fingers between his and moving to fall into step with him. She glanced back at the ship, the top of her nose furrowing slightly. "We picked up more passengers than I'd been expecting though..." She'd jumped at the chance to come out with Kylo that morning, just to put some distance between her and her crowded ship.

#2 Jaesa Willsaam, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Kylo Ren likes this.
  3. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo's gaze slipped over Jaesa's form as she neared, and took her hand snugly in his. Even though his injuries had prevented greater intimacy since his return, he'd found it difficult to stay far from her. He kept a hand on her almost always; around her shoulders, resting on a knee, sitting at the small of her back. The last time they'd parted ways, he'd been taken; perhaps, on some level, he was reassuring himself that he wouldn't turn around and find himself transported back to that woman's cell, apart from Jaesa.

There was nowhere else he'd rather be, either. He pulled her toward the jungle, and closer to him, though glanced over her head at the ship. He chuckled at her remark. "The cats are a little cute, you have to admit," he rumbled in amusement. "Though I could do without that droid. I think I always hated him." He squinted a bit. The memories were fuzzy, but the annoyance was real.

4. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Jaesa had certainly noticed the increase in how much Kylo touched her since she had got him out of that cell; while normally, she might have considered it somewhat clingy, there was no way she could have found it annoying at all given what he had been through. She understood exactly where his desire to remain close to her came from, and she was more than happy to indulge him. After being apart from him for days in which she had felt all of his agony, she, too, didn't want to be further from him than necessary either.

"They're already moulting all over my couches," she muttered, but the corner of her lips twitched regardless. "But yes, I suppose they are... cute." The word was pulled out of her as though it was physically discomforting one for her to say. "I can't say I understand the attachment to that metal ball, either." She wrinkled her nose. "At least Ceetoo is useful. What exactly does Beebee-ate do? I don't even think he's an astromech droid." Certainly, she'd never seen any droid that looked like him.

#4 Jaesa Willsaam, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Kylo Ren likes this.
  5. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo snorted, pulling Jaesa's hand a bit to draw her close enough to kiss the side of her head. "The hell if I know. All I can tell is he rolls around and bleeps about his big opinions." He shrugged his broad shoulders with a look of amusement, and drew the woman towards the outside of the trees. He turned to walk backwards a bit, facing her. "I don't know about you, but I'm about ready to resume our jungle adventures,” he told her with the twinkle of suggestion in his eye. In truth, he should probably not be doing anything strenuous, but... he’d never been a patient man.

6. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Yes, that was about right, and Jaesa smirked her agreement. As annoying as Ceetoo could be, at least if you wanted him to be quiet all you had to do was tell him to shut up and he would. His very programming was to obey his masters without questioning. Out of all droids, Jaesa thought steward droids were the least irritating just for that reason.

She looped her arm around Kylo's waist as he pulled her closer, skipping a step so that each step was in perfect sync which prevented them from jostling each other as they walked closely side-by-side, only as soon as she did, he moved ahead of her, turning to walk backwards as they approached the jungle.

His comment made her laugh and she shook her head. Even without the suggestive tone in his voice she knew exactly what he was after, and she couldn't help but roll her eyes. "I know the kolto is helping you heal faster, but fucking hell," she sighed, with exasperated fondness. "I'm not sure I want to risk you pulling out those stitches." She quirked her eyebrows. "I did put a hell of a lot of my time into those, after all. Also--" Her gaze dipped down, to the ground behind him as they reached the edge of the jungle, "--there's a root sticking up out of the ground behind you."

Kylo Ren likes this.
  7. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo chuckled immediately at Jaesa's reaction, tightening his hold on her. He was... mostly joking. Though the jungle did bring back memories of the last time they'd been here, which had been very enjoyable. Her comment about the stitches was simply waved away lazily with his hand as his smirk lingered back at her.

"A what?" his gaze narrowed, and at that exact moment his heel snatched on the aforementioned root just as her words registered. He stumbled and released her hand, but thankfully caught himself in his urgency to not fall on his back. He did manage to look ridiculous for a moment, though, and when he straightened gave Jaesa only a brief glare and a warning across the bond: Don't.

8. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Jaesa, too, enjoyed her memories of the last time they'd been here, though there was an undercurrent of guilt souring it all after learning that Rey had been suffering all the while that Jaesa and Kylo had been indulging in each other. She wanted nothing more than to be so close with him again now that they were together again, but she also didn't want him hurt because they were impatient.

Despite her warning, he still caught his foot on the root and almost fell backwards, releasing her hand in his alarm. Though she tried not to laugh, a snicker escaped her anyway. "You might want to look where you're going in the jungle," she said sweetly.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  9. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

She did anyways. Kylo rolled his eyes and turned back around, falling into step again beside Jaesa, facing forward this time. "Maybe you're just distracting." His gaze had a glimmer of amusement. At least the trip had effectively cooled him off, and he crossed his arms over his chest with a sigh. Though, after a moment, he stepped to walk into Jaesa's side and shove her off the path a bit, just to be a nuisance.

10. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    "Well now you feel my pain," Jaesa muttered. He was entirely too distracting for his own good and she constantly had trouble doing things whenever he was near her because it was so damned hard to keep her eyes, and often hands, off him. Even now, her imagination was running wild with thoughts of how fun it would be to shove him up against one of these trees and--

She grunted in surprise as he suddenly stepped into her path and shoved her a bit, so that she practically bounced off him and staggered. Her eyes narrowed and she scowled at him. "You are really lucky that you're injured right now," she grumbled, jerking her blouse straight and regaining her composure, falling back into step with her head held high as though nothing had happened. "Maybe I ought to go back to my ship and continue with my training and leave you to explore alone." Her threat was an empty one though, and he'd be able to tell that only too well. She didn't want to be apart from him any more than necessary after what had happened recently.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  11. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

He snorted at her empty threat, though even the suggestion of it had him reaching for her again, tucking her again to his side. "No, no need for that," he murmured, and pressed his lips to the side of her head quickly.

Even as far as they'd gone into the jungle by then, the foliage was thick enough that when he glanced over his shoulder, the ship was largely concealed. The air beneath the green canopy was cooler and misty rather than the clear humidity of the more open coast, and for a bit he walked on with Jaesa in silence as he looked around.

12. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    She let out a soft hmph as she allowed him to pull her closer again, but she couldn't help the smile that curved her lips as he pressed his to the side of her head. She looked around at the thick jungle that had already blocked the ship from view completely behind them, and sighed contentedly. This was as close to perfection as she thought they could get, and just what they needed after what Kylo had been through. After what they'd both been through, really, when the bond was taken into consideration.

She wouldn't have said no to some kind of monster or mythical beast or something to make things more exciting, though. Once Kylo was healed.

"This isn't the same part of the planet we were at last time, is it?" she asked. It was hard to tell when walking through jungle though. One tropical jungle looked much the same as another. She watched a six-legged monkey with bright green stripes scuttling through the branches overhead, a baby clinging to its back. "I noticed the shape of the coast looked a bit different when we landed last night."

Kylo Ren likes this.
  13. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo shook his head, still holding her close even as his eyes moved all around them, latching onto the strange-colored animal that scurried through the trees overhead. "No, this is different," he replied. "The planet was rotated a different way, I didn't want to spend the time to find the exact spot. I don't think we're any worse off." He stared off into the jungle, listening to the different noises coming from its depths that he couldn't even begin to guess at.

Eventually, he looked back to Jaesa. "I saw some ruins as we were coming in. I think in that direction." He pointed deeper into the jungle ahead, and raised a brow. "When I'm a bit more in shape, it would be fun to see what's there."

#13 Kylo Ren, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  14. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    "Landing in the same spot would have just been boring, anyway," she said with a shrug, still watching that six-legged green monkey winding its way through the branches. It paused, and gave off an echoing, shrill cry unlike any other animal Jaesa had ever heard, before jumping a gap to another tree and disappearing with its infant. "This way we have all new things to explore again."

Her expression brightened a little at the idea of going to explore some ruins. Unlike Rey, Jaesa was no scavenger, but she was still interested in such things. Before she had been warped by her time with Sauron, she'd enjoyed gathering knowledge, and her plan had been to become a scholar in the Jedi Order. Once. Before everything had changed. She'd never quite lost that hunger to learn though, even if it had taken a backseat over the past three years.

"Maybe..." She hesitated, her brow furrowing. "Maybe we could ask Rey and her boyfriend to join us?" Part of her wasn't sure that was a good idea, the same small part that didn't really like Rey and Kylo being close together at all, but that was a tiny part now in comparison to how much she had worried before. Mostly she just didn't want things being awkward. It was going to be hard enough living together in close quarters without things being weird, and maybe going out and doing things altogether would help make things... not... weird.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  15. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo raised a brow as hers furrowed, wondering what had her pausing, but then smiled a bit as she brought up the idea of inviting Connor and Rey. She was really trying here; trying to repair what had been broken, fix a rather unique and strained situation. Though he suspected they all wanted this to be as least awkward as possible, he knew Jaesa’s effort said a lot about how much she cared.

“Sure we can,” he replied, easily enough. “Rey would like that, definitely. I don’t know much about him.” He gave a shrug. He didn’t think Jaesa did, either, though Connor came across decent enough. He certainly cared for Rey, at least. He gave Jaesa a wider smirk. “Look at you, making new friends,” he teased. “And... remaking old ones, I guess.”

16. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Jaesa was trying, and it seemed like her efforts were finally bearing some kind of fruit; she just wished that it hadn't taken Rey getting tortured for it to feel like there was some headway. Though she supposed things had felt like they had been getting marginally better during her and Rey's talk back at Rey's apartment weeks ago.

She just wanted things to be alright again. She wanted to enjoy her relationship with Kylo without feeling any more guilt, because frankly, that had been getting exhausting, and she wanted Rey not to be hurt by seeing the two of them together. Connor being around was the best thing to happen; Rey would no longer feel shunted aside and alone when she had a boyfriend of her own.

"Well I can't exactly live with them if I don't try and make friends, can I?" she pointed out. That would be one hell of a horrible, awkward experience. "Though I can't deny that I already miss having my own space. The only space I have left now I have to share with you." She shot him her own teasing smile, trying to cover the fact that she was genuinely uncomfortable with the new living arrangements. Wherever she looked there was either Kylo, Rey, Connor, Beebee-ate or one or both of the cats. Although she struggled to be completely alone, she also struggled around too much company. She just hoped that it would get easier as time went on and they all got used to it.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  17. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo supposed she had a point– though if they did something to piss them both off, he’d have no problem shipping the happy couple off to find a cave in the woods. But trying to be friendly was probably a better Plan A.

He snorted at her own teasing remark, though he knew what she was dealing with was real to her. Jaesa was a private person who liked her own space. “You can always come out here,” he suggested. “Or kick me out for some alone time, when you need it.” He grinned. He didn’t truthfully enjoy socializing extensively either, but hoped things would feel less unnatural as they got used to this situation.

18. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    "I'll probably just come out here," she said. "I can't kick you out. It's as much your room as mine." She averted her gaze as she said it; though they had spent a fair chunk of time at each other's home before they'd left for this planet weeks ago, there'd never been any talk of one of them actually moving in with the other; in fact, the possibility of them calling the same place home had never cropped up, in part due to how long it had taken for the same topic to come up with Jaesa and Wolfgang.

Sometimes it was strange to think just how fast things moved with Kylo compared to Wolfgang. But this was still the first time Jaesa had said anything along the lines of Kylo actually considering the ship his home, or her room his as well.

"Perhaps I can find a branch thick enough to hang up my punching bag and just start using it out here," she mused, not entirely joking.

Kylo Ren likes this.
  19. Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren Star Wars

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral

Kylo's expression warmed, just a bit, at her words. His emotional reaction was more so, as a warmth and sense of appreciation across the bond. He had always regarded the room as Jaesa's, though they shared the bed more often than not. If not hers, than his; they essentially did live together, only switched rooms every few nights.

His arm around her gave a small squeeze. "Not a bad idea, really. Or you could just hunt for jungle monsters." As they continued walking, Kylo picked up on a subtle noise, growing louder: running water. He edged Jaesa in that direction, and soon spotted a river running amongst the undergrowth. The water was crystalline, like the ocean beyond. "See where it goes?" he suggested.

20. Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa Willsaam Star Wars

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    She smiled at the rush of warmth across the bond. It was so different, with Kylo; she didn't have to feel wary of moving too fast and freaking him out like she had Wolfgang. She liked it. Though she had loved Wolfgang, it had become exhausting, constantly wondering if the next thing she said would send him into a spiral of anxiety. With Kylo, that wasn't an issue. It was refreshing.

"I doubt I could only do that," she pointed out with a faint smirk. "There probably aren't enough monsters around to keep up with me." She chuckled. Her appetites for violence were, she knew, somewhat voracious, but she had long since given up feeling guilty for it or trying to moderate it. It was just who she had become; if she tried to change it, something would always happen to snap her back again.

When they came upon a clear river burbling through the undergrowth, Jaesa eyed it doubtfully. "Sure," she said with a shrug. As they approached the river and began to walk along its banks, however, Jaesa casually switched to start walking on Kylo's other side under the pretence of looking at a particularly large carnivorous plant, the spiny jaws of which had just snapped shut on an emerald dragonfly, so that Kylo was between her and the rushing water. The last time they'd been here, the only water nearby had been the sea, and she thought she had preferred that.

Kylo Ren likes this.