HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete like the tide

Discussion in 'Cascade Sands & Docks' started by Ben Solo, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

A hand went to the back of her head, letting it rest there at his shoulder. Over her head he had a view of the waves and watched them sink backwards one moment and swell forward the next; endlessly, rhythmically, faithfully. Tempted to retreat but pulled back in by something stronger every time. There was something steadying about it, and he watched for several moments before ducking his head into Rey's, pushing his forehead and nose against her hair, waiting as the pain seeped out of her.

"I know." Ben's hold around her tightened, his lips pressed behind her ear briefly. "No more waiting," he told her gently. "You deserve far more than that."

Rey likes this.
  2. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey was not one for self pity; it had never got her anywhere in the past and it wouldn't serve her in Pandora. However, she allowed herself these moments wrapped up in Ben's arms to let out the hurt and pain within her emotions. She felt like she was mourning her parents all over again, but it wasn't just them, it was that need for a family, her family. It was an indescribable pain mired with the hurt of Ben's emotions mixed in with hers. She'd have to start learning to control this, but that was for another day.

Her emotions settled and she stilled in Ben's arms; she turned her head for a moment, resting her forehead against Ben's neck before pulling back slightly. She felt a little dizzy, overwhelmed with the shared memories and emotions of the last few minutes. "Sorry." She muttered, the hint of a smile at her lips as her hand brushed over his slightly soggy shoulder. Rey then tugged on his hand, leaving it for a moment before she sat on the sand; she needed to sit. Rey could feel his emotions as well as hers had settled for the moment and she pushed her hair back behind her ears, undoing the work of the wind in moments. "No more waiting." Rey repeated with a hint of sadness, going back to his words as she brought her eyes back from the sea to his.

Ben Solo likes this.
  3. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

He looked over at his shoulder when she swiped at it, but only smiled and shook his head at her apology. He hardly minded. Instead he sunk to the sand beside her with a sigh, pulled his legs in and rested his arms on his knees. For a moment he was content to watch the water again, letting things settle between them before turning his gaze over at her words.

Ben nodded, offering a small smile even though he knew it would be hard for her to do. He reached for her with one arm, tugging her closer, and sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for us coming here to... go like this." An ironic chuckle as he watched her face, hoping it might brighten a bit.

Rey likes this.
  4. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The waves filled the silence and Rey watched them, slightly memorised as she felt her own emotions wash back into normality. Her chest was rising and falling much more normally and her heart wasn't thudding any longer. Her defences had come tumbling down, and there was the usual feeling of Ben there, though their emotions were no longer threatening to overwhelm her.

Rey shook her head. She hadn't exactly meant for this day to end up like this either. The last thing she had meant was to start the chain of events by suggesting they were lucky. She wouldn't be doing that again. She'd find a better word for it. There was almost a hint of amusement about her features at her own thoughts and her arm slipped around his waist as her head rested on his still soggy shoulder. Each other time she'd cried like that in front of Ben there had been a hint of embarrassment, today there was nothing of the kind. She felt more comfortable with her emotions around him. "I know." She said quietly, smiling a little at his chuckle.

"I wouldn't have wanted to learn about my parents by myself." Her voice was quiet but strong. She'd spent too many nights on Jakku crying herself to sleep, compounded with the anxiety that they might never come back for her. At least here he'd held her, and he'd taken on some of her burden, as she'd taken on his.

Ben Solo likes this.
  5. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

The little smile he coaxed to her lips lifted the weight from his chest, his worries about being the one to share all of this with her. Both of their pasts were laden with pain, it seemed, and Ben for one had never found someone to share it with besides Rey. It was certainly not what an ideal relationship looked like, surely, but Ben had never seen one of those either. For that moment, he didn't care. They could just be.

He nodded to her words. He remembered their moment of connection, when she was still with Luke, after she'd sought answers in the cave on the island. Touching her hand and seeing her past, a little girl abandoned, graves in the desert. Why the Force had given him the answer to her most sought after question was beyond his understanding, but he'd been there for her then, and he would be now.

"I'm sorry it wasn't the truth you wanted," was all he said, and meant it sincerely.

Rey likes this.
  6. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Birds chirped up above the pair. Rey raised her eyes, watching them before they disappeared off over the sea. It wasn't the warmest of days, and the wind pulled at her hair, whipping it around her shoulders. Rey took his apology with a gentle nod, her emotions pushing across the bond. This wasn't something she would just be able to put behind her or get over, but the fact he was here was helping. Rey was used to facing these dark moments by herself, never with anyone else. Not someone she could rely on like Ben.

"I think I knew the truth for a long time." Rey said, eyes fixed on the water as though she was memorised by the gentle waves. "Or at least most of it." In the bottom of her guarded heart she had known that her parents were dead in the best case scenario, or that they just weren't coming back because they didn't care about her. Rey supposed the pain had been from confronting the truth, especially in that it had been a combination of the two fates she had set out for her parents. They hadn't cared, and they had died. Was it better that way? Rey wasn't sure. She'd been so desperate to feel part of a family for so long that she had no idea now how she would react say if they did appear in Pandora.

She sighed, head coming off Ben's shoulder so that she could turn to face him. "I just don't remember any of it or them, just scavenging and Jakku." Rey said, the corner of her mouth twitching. Her heart always warned her to be careful when sharing her past, but there were things she wanted to say here. She wasn't even sure why, maybe she just wanted to tell someone. "The earliest thing I can remember is cleaning the insides of an old ship that someone had scavenged. Unkar Plutt had a washing station he'd charge people to use, so he had me to help out. That was what I did until I was big enough to go out scavenging by myself."

Ben Solo likes this.
  7. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

Ben met her gaze steadily, expression steady as she spoke of her life on Jakku. He wasn't sure how someone forgot something like that-- but it had perhaps been out of her control, or else easier and less painful than remembering. She mentioned Unkar Plutt again-- someone Ben had never met but whom he decided was a positively loathsome creature.

"That's your first memory." He murmured the words almost in disbelief. But that was fine, he decided. It was all the more reasons for memories and places like this one. His eyes moved over her face and settled on her eyes. "Well. We'll make up for that." A small smile, before he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. He settled there a moment, reaching for her face, before he pulled back and instead smoothed the hair that the wind kept trying to capture. He could feel his own tousled by the breeze, but didn't mind.

"Whatever you want to see, whatever you want to do here. We'll do it." She was a woman who'd grown up in a dull, monochromatic graveyard but who was as vibrant as the landscape around them. He'd do anything for her, to make up for that injustice.

Rey likes this.
  8. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey wasn't sure why it was her first memory; perhaps she'd pushed down the memories of her parents so much the only thing left was her life as a scavenger. From an early age she'd been taught to look at pieces of ships to see their value and what broken things could become. She'd only realised the lessons when she'd been old enough to rummage through the ships herself; sometimes she caught herself looking at machinery in Pandora and weighing up what their value might be once she'd pulled out half the engines and power equipment. Perhaps the reason that was her first memory was that she remembered the hate she'd felt for Unkar Plutt with such young eyes, as she'd scrubbed the machinery so hard her knuckles had turned white.

She returned his embrace and wound one of her hands through his hair, catching some of his hair in her fingers. Her smile was returning, light replacing darker feelings at Ben's words. "As long as whatever we do, we do it together." That she was resolved on, that they'd find the new parts of this world and what it had to offer side by side. They'd been through so much pain together, albeit some of it being caused by themselves, She wasn't naive enough to imagine the road ahead of them would be simple or easy, but she was ready for it nonetheless. Rey had been on a path to nowhere for too long by herself, she wanted this new adventure with him.

Rey pressed her lips against his briefly, "We can start with swimming." She said with a grin.

Ben Solo likes this.
  9. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

Together. He nodded. That was easy- he likely wouldn't do much exploring on his own. But Rey could drag him wherever she pleased, and he'd come along without complaint. Especially if they left the droid behind.

Ben laughed at her suggestion. "As long as you don't mean now. You'd be going in there by yourself." He looked out to the water, which had to be freezing after the past few months' weather, before turning his gaze back to her. There was an amused smile to his lips.

Rey likes this.
  10. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey laughed and shook her head. She had no comprehension of how cold the water would be, but she guessed that it would be something near to freezing. Not exactly pleasant swimming water. Part of her wanted to say she didn't care, but she fought the impulse down. There was a time and a place and this was neither. She was excited, though she was willing to let it lie for now. The good thing about Pandora was all the time it afforded them. Rey had never had so much time to do what she wanted. Free time on Jakku had been sparse, though she'd always found a use for it.

She sat back a little; the sand giving way to her hands as it supported her weight. She looked across at Ben and tilted her head. A thought had passed her mind she was having trouble shifting. "What was your earliest memory?" Rey hoped it was happier and more interesting than hers.

Ben Solo likes this.
  11. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

He hadn't been expecting the question, and truly hadn't considered it before. But Ben pressed lips together in thought, and found the answer came to him rather easily. "I don't know if it's a single memory exactly. But the first thing I remember is my mother."

Not just her face, or her voice-- her essence in the Force. "She used to say she could feel me in the Force before I was born. That we had a connection even then. I don't remember that, but... I remember her... presence, I suppose." He wasn't sure how else to put it. Her comfort, her love, her closeness. "I know that's vague." He gave an apologetic smile.

Rey likes this.
  12. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey watched and listened to his story with wide eyes. Perhaps he'd be able to feel her emotions soften, curious at what he had to say. The memory might have been vague, but it didn't disappoint Rey. It was nice, for him to have that memory of his mother. There was no jealousy in the way she looked at him or received his story. She wished she could see his past as clearly as he'd seen hers.

Without really thinking, her hand came to rest on her lower abdomen, wondering when Leia had felt that bond in the force with Ben, and how strong it had been before he had been born. That must have been odd for her, or maybe it wasn't. Maybe it had been as natural as the bond she and Ben shared here. There was the briefest of moments when Rey wondered if she'd have that connection with any children she'd be lucky enough to have. The thought was fleeting; indulgent.

"It beats my memory." She said, teasing slightly. She held her smile to let him know that she didn't mean it in a bad way. If anything, it was true. "It's a lovely memory, Ben."

Ben Solo likes this.
  13. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

Ben hadn't thought to consider how it might make her feel, that he had such strong-- if repressed-- memories of his parents, while she had none of hers. He'd been too focused on coming up with the memory in the first place. But he couldn't feel anything negative from her; she meant her words. He looked to her and smiled. "Thank you," he replied gently.

Dark eyes flicked out towards the water once more, then back to Rey. He nodded in the direction of the town nearby. "Do you want to walk around a bit?"

Rey likes this.
  14. Rey

Rey Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey knew she had no room or no right to be jealous of his memories of his parents. It wasn't their fault that she'd been sold off by hers for drinking money, and she was glad that he had the memory to hold onto. Rey had few happy memories before she'd met BB-8, but she took Ben at his word when he said they'd fix her memories and she'd have new ones soon to replace the negative ones she had gained from her childhood. She already had so much to fill her dreams with. Rey smiled at Ben when he thanked her. She was glad he'd shared the memory with her.

She followed his eyes back to the settlement of Cascade Bay. She nodded brightly, "Sure." She sprung up from the floor and brushed down the sand from her coat and skirt. There were new memories everyday, and while she still felt a little unsteady with her emotions and the pain ebbing from her back, she was curious to see what else the town had to offer. "Which way first, up the beach or back towards the town?" She asked, one hand being used to push her hair back and catch it back from the wind.

15. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    True Neutral

Ben rose, brushed off the sand, and reached for Rey's spare hand. For a spare moment he watched the way the wind blew her loose hair about, deciding he liked it down like that. A smile touched the corners of his lips. "This way." He moved a step in the direction of the seaside town, looked back to Rey as he gently tugged her along.

The past needed to be moved on from, but pretending it didn't exist... destroying it had only given it more strength over him. As painful as it was, each time they dredged up the past and managed to push through it, Ben knew afterward they were stronger for it. He was stronger for it.

Rey likes this.