HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Lists are Dumb

Discussion in 'Morhall' started by Chief Judge Hershey, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Chief Judge Hershey

Chief Judge Hershey Judge Dredd

Pundit, Retired Head of Dept.
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Date: December 8th, Year Seven
    Tag: @Riza Hawkeye

~~~~​

Another day, another vitally important diplomatic task that absolutely couldn't be handled by anyone else.

Hershey was in Morhall this time, to confer with the town's equivalent to her own position on a serious matter; as part of Hershey's efforts to ease any hard feelings about the founding of the Defence Force, she had agreed to share information on criminals who were known for dodging out of Pandora Town in the hopes of escaping elsewhere. It was also practical; by co-operating, the city-states of Pandora could severely curtail the influence of people for whom the law was an inconvenience.

Morhall itself was, um, nice. It was actually intensely reminiscent of the Cursed Earth for Hershey, albeit in a way that didn't make her itch for some anti-radiation pills; the place was barely industrial, and in Hershey's mind had developed the least quickly of Pandora's towns. Still, a job was a job - and besides, there were people here she quite liked.

Walking through the tunnel that led to the, er, government sector, Hershey made pretty good time. Her entourage, comprising two bodyguards (which she didn't need, she fumed to herself) and a personal assistant (who she also didn't need, though having him around did make things a little easier), followed in her wake; the little group drew one or two glances from the people around them, but mostly the citizens of Morhall kept to themselves.

Reaching the office she'd been told to go to, Hershey was pleasantly surprised to find a familiar face.
    "Riza, isn't it? Riza Hawkeye? We met a while back - sorry, I'm not bothering you, am I?"
    Admittedly, Hershey wasn't entirely sure who it was she was meant to meet - perhaps Hawkeye was the welcoming committee, so to speak. Either way, she wasn't getting chased out of the office with torches and pitchforks - something Hershey had to look forward to when it came to dealing with Cascade Bay, she was sure...

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  2. Riza Hawkeye

Riza Hawkeye Fullmetal Alchemist

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    The offices here were, suffice to say, not what she was used to. Not even in comparison to Bradley's offices in Central, which were even more extravagant and richly appointed, but even held up to the more basic ones that had served Mustang's outfit in East City. Still, they were warm, secure against the cold, and she'd managed to arrange a kettle on a stand in the corner for warm drinks. The powdered ones that people seemed so used to here were new to her, and Riza wasn't quite sure the taste was up to par, but as a person who'd survived a war; she'd live, as long as there were warm drinks.

Today her cup was filled with strong black instant coffee and she was nearly working on her organized list of the week's needed tasks. Civil engineer to a place that was still balancing on the brinks of civility was quite an undertaking, but she was glad to do the work. Little by little she was starting to see a change in this place, and as more and more new things came to pass, hopefully the people would feel like the could open up to outsiders or new settlers more easily too.

When she heard people at the entryway she looked up and saw quite a contingent, dressed in the uniforms of the new Pandora Town military. At their head was Hershey, their commander, and while surprised Riza didn't show it for more than half a second before calmly rising and walking from behind her desk to meet them. "I remember, Commander Hershey. It's nice to see you again- though the official visit is unexpected," she said with a tone of pleasant courtesy. "I hope nothing terrible's brought you to Morhall today?" Because honestly, that's the last thing I need today.

Chief Judge Hershey likes this.
  3. Chief Judge Hershey

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    "Likewise. Wait, nobody told you I was coming?"
    Honestly, the revelation didn't bother Hershey all that much, though her PA made a badly-concealed huffing noise - probably having just thought about all the work he'd had to do to get this to work, Hershey thought to herself. No, she knew as well as anyone that government work had a certain... haphazard nature to it even when it was meticulously planned.

"It doesn't matter, anyway - it's not a crisis or anything like that. I'm actually here on diplomatic duties in my capacity as Head of the Department of Justice. Who... handles that on your end?"
    Another piece of information that her PA had struggled to find out - not because of a lack of skill on his part, either. Still, things were in flux at the moment, in Pandora Town and its sister city-states around the box.

In a way, Hershey suspected she'd been quite fortunate - Riza had struck her as the kind of woman who got things done, and surely would know exactly who handled crime and punishment in the mountain town. Her PA stepped forward crisply, file offered in vaguely indignant hands, and she took it in preparation. All she had to do was find the person she had to discuss this with now.

Riza Hawkeye likes this.
  4. Riza Hawkeye

Riza Hawkeye Fullmetal Alchemist

Soldier
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Bureaucrats hemming and hawing over their messages not being received the way they wanted wasn't exactly unusual for Riza- after all, Amestris had higher echelons full of that type. Her half-amused, utterly polite glance toward that particular attendant was full of calm nonchalance before she glanced back at Hershey. "We don't get messages quite as efficiently out here, which is why we're so grateful at your willingness to visit our settlement. I know it's out of your way," she replied instead, all calm courtesy and honesty. After all, there was no debating it. "We're still working out ways to allow for more effective communication in the future."

Rising from her desk she walked over toward the group and raised a brow. A diplomatic visit? No wonder she hadn't heard about it, even if the message had gotten here- it was probably the furthest thing from her department as you could get. "We're glad to have the pleasure of your company, Commander. I'm the current Aedile for Morhall, responsible for the civil engineering and utilities. Word of anything diplomatic likely went to King Ezekiel, who works as the voice of the people, or Roy Mustang, our Praeditor, if it made it at all. However, if you'd like to wait I can have word sent to them."

How long that would take she couldn't say, considering they both had other duties they were out and about taking care of- thus her lone presence in the office. But at least the option was out there in the open.

5. Chief Judge Hershey

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Well, it was better than nothing.
    "Sure, I'll wait. I imagine my people can find something to do around here, isn't that right?"
    Her guards nodded, and even the PA seemed relatively mollified by this invitation to go and stretch his legs. Once they'd left, Hershey flashed Riza a tired smile and took a chair for herself.

"I've got to say, when I took charge of a city that's smaller in both size and population than most of my homeworld's habitation blocks, I didn't expect it to be quite so hard to keep up with everything. How have things been in Morhall?"
    Truth be told, Morhall's nature was probably a piece of knowledge that Hershey could do with more of. Whether it was because the people sent to get this information hadn't reported back much, or whether there was simply not all that much to report on.

It seemed a touch unfair, if people were assuming the latter; sure, what Hershey had seen wasn't exactly cutting-edge, but it was clear that there were things she could do with knowing beforehand regardless of that. She would have to speak to Margo about getting better briefs on these places in future, that was for certain.

Riza Hawkeye likes this.