By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Application Division is seeking new mods.
    Click here for more information!

little do you know

Discussion in 'Pandora, Year 1 - 7' started by Rey Solo, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey's breath hitched slightly. He said he was just going into town, but the fact he only held her gaze after he spoke left an uneasy feeling with her. She knew it made sense, to get someone who could look at the wound properly, but another fear lay underneath. She didn't want him to go.

She ran her hand along the bandage again. It felt quite firm and the blood hadn't seeped through them. Ben had obviously stopped the flow of blood quite well. After she had dropped her hand from the bandages, she looked at Ben. She could see the dried blood on his finger tips. "You've done more than enough." She said, locking eyes with him. Rey figured, with how weak she felt, that if he had chosen to leave her, or if she had encountered the beast alone, she wouldn't have seen the sunset.

"Thank you." She said gently with softened features. If it weren't for him... well... she was sure that he knew that he had saved her life. An odd situation had been in, given a few weeks ago he had been the biggest threat to it.

Ben Solo likes this.
  2. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

The way she was looking at him... she was wrong. He hadn't done anything. This was nothing compared to what he'd done against her- even when he wasn't trying to hurt her, he somehow did. Yet with what little strength she had in the moment, she thanked him.

He looked down for a moment, unable to accept her thanks. "Are you feeling alright?"

Rey Solo likes this.
  3. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey's brow creased. Of course she wasn't feeling alright, compared to how she wanted to feel. She had a hole in her side; she didn't portray the picture of health. Rey had never been good at being still and even while she was looking up at Ben, she was occasionally shifting under her blanket, going to get up until she remembered why it wasn't a good idea to do that.

"I'm as well as I can be, considering." She smiled reassuring, pointing to her side with the arm which hadn't been caught by the creature. Rey was unsure what his question was really referring to. It was thanks to him she was still alive, which was why she'd offered the thanks in the first place. Without his intervention she would have bled out on the jungle floor. He deserved every inch of her gratitude.

Ben Solo likes this.
  4. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

He nodded, still dodging her eyes. "Right." A stupid question. He rose, and retrieved a cup of clean water from her supply. He brought it back, and bent to offer it to her. "Here." He remained standing, but managed to flick his gaze up to hers briefly. Then his eyes settled on the cup, which he hoped she would take, and then relax. And stop looking at him like she could see through his straight face.

Rey Solo likes this.
  5. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey propped herself up slightly without moving the lower half of her body so that the bandages and the wound stayed fixed in place. She didn't want to open up the wound again. It had been painful enough the first time. She took the cup gratefully and took one long gulp, not realising how thirsty she had actually been. "Thanks." She said before taking another gulp; a drop of water slipped from her mouth off her chin with the eagerness she'd taken the water.

Once she had finished, she placed the cup down to the side and then raised her eyes to Ben. It wasn't like he was the most talkative person anyway, not compared to her anyway, but she felt as though he was purposefully avoiding her eye. "Are you alright?" She asked, trying to catch his eye as she stayed raised up a little against the floor.

Ben Solo likes this.
  6. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

He'd risen to face the fire, hands held to take the warmth of the flames. He hoped Rey didn't plan on living here permanently- she'd freeze.

But her inevitable words reached his ears, and drew a sigh from his lips. He couldn't hide much from her, despite how little time they'd actually spent together. Ben looked towards her and scowled briefly as she tried to sit up more. But, there was likely no stopping her, and the expression faded.

"I shouldn't have come here," was all he said by way of answer.

Rey Solo likes this.
  7. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The pressure on Rey's arms, in keeping her propped up, caused them to waver and shake, but she held her resolve. Her brows were still creased at Ben and she kept her stance because she felt like this was a conversation she needed to face him for; even with a hole in her side. "What?" She said, looking genuinely surprised as she couldn't catch his meaning. Did he mean to Horizon with his father, or to this cave with her, or just the overall package?

Rey felt like her heart was sinking in her chest. There was a familiar sense of anxiety washing over her. "What do you mean?" The tone wasn't accusatory, or angry. I was more surprise and concern. She knew she'd over stepped the mark in Horizon, but she hadn't expected him to regret everything in his coming here. That might have been a little naive of her though.

Ben Solo likes this.
  8. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

Seeing the look in her eye, of fear and concern, only made it worse. For a moment his facade faltered, and something like sadness crossed his expression. He didn't want it like this. He'd tried to burn the past, but it kept following him.

"I was wrong. When I..." He swallowed. "When I killed my father. It's because of my mistakes that you're hurt. And I'll do it again, Rey. Hurt you. Maybe not on purpose, but all the same." He forced himself to hold her gaze bravely. "I should go. Find you real help. You'd be better off for it."

Rey Solo likes this.
  9. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The way that he was speaking made her feel like her innards were made of lead, and were weighing her down to the floor, stopping her from reacting or doing anything. Rey held his gaze, though hers was becoming glassy. He couldn't seriously be thinking of leaving her now, in this condition? Rey could feel her heart thudding between her ears. The shaking on her lower arms was becoming too much and she slowly hitched herself up so that she was sat up. The blankets covered her knees but this way, at least she could face Ben properly.

"This isn't your fault-" He couldn't have seen the other creature; he'd warned her about it as soon as he'd seen it, and it wasn't like he'd planned for it all to happen all at once. Rey swallowed, one hand was cradling her side where he'd bandaged her up, "I want you to stay." At the moment the thought of other people and strangers fussing over her injuries was the last thing she needed; people who didn't understand her background. She didn't want him to go. She didn't want to be alone again.

Ben Solo likes this.
  10. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

He thought she was being horribly naive. She thought he was being absurd. The truth likely lay somewhere in the middle, and he wanted to believe her.

Ben winced as she sat up. "Rey," he muttered in warning, eyes narrowed. He stepped up to her side and dropped to his knees, not needing her to tear her injuries open while they spoke. He put one hand on her back, so that if she wanted to lay back, he could help her.

When he looked back to her eyes, he pressed his lips together, expression blank once again. "I don't know if you're right. But I'll stay. Just... relax."

Rey Solo likes this.
  11. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey watched his every movement; expecting him to leave now he had placed his marker in the sand. She felt her reactions and temperament were justified given the circumstances. Rey looked as he moved to sit next to her, though she didn't visibly relax until he said he'd stay. She nodded towards him as her anxieties started to settle. She wanted to trust him, that there'd be no more wobbles like that one. What other choice did she have really? Her faith had proved her right so far in many aspects.

Again, Rey's stubborn nature was threatening to come out. She wanted to tell Ben she was right, but thought better of it for the moment, especially given the position they were in. Rey was beyond the ability of words momentarily. She had sat up a little too quickly and was trying to breathe through the pain pulsing through her.

She was grateful for the hand he'd placed at her back. However, had to grit her teeth for a moment before she could face the pain of moving again and she breathed out hard before letting herself fall back onto his weight slowly and gradually, so that she didn't upset his handiwork. She had never been one for relaxing, "Your bandages are holding well." She said through gritted teeth, focusing on something other than her self inflicted pain.

Ben Solo likes this.
  12. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

He watched the pain in her face as he helped lower her to the ground, slowly. At the last moment his hand slipped out from behind her, and instead tugged the fallen blankets back over her chest. "They'd hold better if you stopped moving," he pointed out, lifting a dark eyebrow at her.

Rey Solo likes this.
  13. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey nodded and conceded the point to him. It was a good point well made. She did feel more comfortable now that she was lay back anyway. No one had ever really looked after her before, and she wasn't quite sure on how it worked. Rey had always tried to look out for others, but even when she'd been sick out on the sand plains of Jakku as a girl or more recently if she got injured on a scavenger trip, she'd only ever have herself to be her nurse. No one had ever given her the attention Ben had. Even something as simple as bandaging her up was new to her.

She sighed, feeling restless. She couldn't recall a point in her life when she'd ever had to be still like this. "I guess this is us for the evening." She said, smiling at Ben drumming her fingers on top of her stomach gently. She felt weak, but she didn't feel that tired.

14. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

Ben snorted a laugh. "I suppose so. You're going to lose your mind." He nodded at her restless fingers. She seemed content to let go of what had just come up between them, and he supposed he was, too.

"Are you thinking you'll live out here forever? Wild animals, freezing weather, and all?" He sat back on his hands.

Rey Solo likes this.
  15. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Rey eyed him curiously. She wanted to ask him so many questions but she needed to choose her moments. She didn't want him to get flighty on her and disappear all at once. She was content to let it lie for the moment as long as he was going to stick around. She smiled at his comment; she was going to go stir crazy. She was used to an active life; even as a scavenger she had never been still. There had always been something to do.

The question he posed was something she had been considering herself for some time. She shrugged her shoulders gently. "I've lived in worse places." She pointed out. Jakku had hardly been a haven, and it had been filled with cheaters and thieves from all corners of the galaxy. Thinking on it though, she remained quiet and then shook her head, "Horizon reminds me of Jakku." She said thoughtfully, though with a twinge of sadness.

Ben Solo likes this.
  16. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

He watched her expression as she spoke about Jakku. She sounded almost sad, but he couldn't figure out why. Or, for that matter, why she stayed if it reminded her of that place. "I wouldn't think that's a good thing," he pointed out. "So why stay?" He was honestly curious, and hoped he wasn't crossing any lines with her.

Rey Solo likes this.
  17. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ben was right. It wasn't a good thing that this place reminded her of Jakku. She could see herself slipping into her old life more and more with each passing day. It wasn't what she wanted to do. She'd had such adventures across the galaxy and been involved in something bigger. Rey didn't want to go back to what she had known before, but then the question hung; why had she? She supposed it had been survival. Scavenging was the one thing she had always been extremely good at, and copying her old life had been an easy way of getting food here.

Rey was silent for some time, trying to work out the answer for herself. Survival was her main reason, but she knew it wasn't just that. At first it had been the hope that she might have been followed from her galaxy and she had wanted to stay here in case someone found her. "It was easy to just... survive here." She eventually said quietly, letting her gaze slip from Ben's from the first time in a while. "I don't want to be reminded of that place anymore." Rey had settled a little and her tone had changed slightly. She had hoped she wouldn't be in Pandora long enough for it to matter where she was, but if she was here long term, she didn't want to end up like she had been back on Jakku.

Ben Solo likes this.
  18. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

He nodded slowly, eyes on her as she spoke, even looked away from him. He understood, that instinct to survive, protect yourself. But it wasn't enough for her.

"You're much more than that now." He said, as though a simple fact. And it was true- he didn't say it to flatter her. For her to rot away in a jungle, hiding from this new world, would be a waste. She could do anything she wanted here.

Rey Solo likes this.
  19. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It had been easy for Rey to just survive when she got here. Go back to old habits and simply wait out until someone arrived for her. She had hoped that the Resistance might follow her, but they didn't know where she was. They hadn't since she'd left Luke. None of them knew she'd gone to Ben. Someone had come to find her though, in a way. Her eyes flickered back to Ben. She wasn't intimidated by this new world; she had just not understood her place in it. She still did not, but one thing was for certain, she knew she was not going back to scavenging like she had on Jakku.

Was it selfish or proud that she wanted more than that now?

Drumming her fingers again, her cheeks coloured slightly at what she perceived to a compliment. "What would you do, if you were me?" She asked him curiously.

Ben Solo likes this.
  20. Ben Solo

Ben Solo Guest

"If I were you?" He thought he saw some color return to her face, but it was dark, and with the flames dancing across her skin already, knew it could've been anything. "I'm not sure. What's something you've always wanted to do, but couldn't?" She seemed an adventurous sort, and there was certainly plenty to see here. If she wanted a family, Han Solo was a brief walk away.

Rey Solo likes this.