HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Little Girl Grounds Grown Woman

Discussion in 'Horizon' started by Cagliostro, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

December 13th, Year 7

To say that Cagliostro was panicking was an understatement. The alchemist was huffing and puffing, her slight frame shaking with intensity as she looked her charge over from all direction with a complexion decided paler than normal. What was probably a regular night out for Amy had turned into an attempted massacre!

If it wasn't for the fact that she could heal all the damage inflicted much easier than people with modern day medical technology could, the little lady would have been like an erupting volcano. Still, at the moment the girl was all but seething and a cold gleam of bloodlust shone through her pale eyes even as her tiny hands clenched.

If there was anything the girl loathed as much as betrayals of trust, it was her dear people getting hurt. The girl was hard to open and her trust was even harder to gain, but those who did would be well regarded and taken cared of with every fiber of her being. Seeing Amy in such a state nearly had her rush out of the house to exact vengeance and even that was taken away from her by the threat being neutralized.

Starting her work of healing the wounds inflicted, the immortal looked up at her 'mother' with a now much calmer and deadpan expression. "Really, what is up with you and getting attacked in alleyways..." Spitting out a rather exasperated sigh, the girl harrumphed before dropping her bombshell. "You're grounded until further notice, mother." Such ridiculous words were spouted by the tiny girl with the utmost seriousness that it bordered on comical... if one were to disregard the immortal being's true history.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  2. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    In all of Amy's life, things tended to just happen to her. Catching green lung, stumbling across Milton, meeting Danton, being arrested, most of these things were out of her control and ended up making what she could control shrink until there was nothing she could do to decide where her life was going to end up.

Almost being killed in the Watering Hole was one of those things. She had intended to simply get a drink, but that wasn't what the universe wanted, apparently. As soon as those monsters appeared, she simply jumped into action.

Judging from Cagliostro's reaction, that was not a good thing. Amy felt Cagliostro's magic wash over her and assured, "nothing actually hit me, I'm fine." Thanks to Fang and Zoë, she made it out without a scratch.

"It wasn't an alley, it was in the Watering Hole," she corrected. Not that it would calm Cagliostro down. Amy knew that the alchemist was going to be mad no matter what she said, which was strange. Such a reaction for a relative stranger seemed odd.

But, that thought was kicked out of the way for the next thing Cagliostro told her. "G-grounded?" she exclaimed, "you... what? I'm fine! Besides, I didn't go looking for trouble, the monsters just fell from a portal in the middle of the Watering Hole."

3. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

"You're not walking around for a while until I figure out how to ensure you don't get attacked by random pieces of trash, young lady." Tutting and on a rather impressive roll to say the least, the alchemist stared up at her comrade with a deep set grimace.

"You're also hurt and even if I heal you to the peak, you're still going to be rather weak for a while since your body needs nutrients to revitalize itself after expanding all that energy into maintaining its newly developed cells. You have a tendency to push yourself even when you shouldn't and as your doctor, I have to ensure your health."

As the healing light continued washing over Amy, the alchemist calmed down just enough to heave out a low sigh. "While we're on this subject, we need to think of ways to ensure your not being as damaged for the future... do you need any weapons you want commissioned Maybe a set of under-armor? Vials of acid or poison?" It became very clear how serious the girl was taking this, though at the rate she was going it wasn't long before she'd go for the more extreme measures.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  4. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy had never really been the petulant kind of child. Even before the bombs fell and she had more pressing issues than any five-year old should reasonably have, she was mostly the kind of kid who all parents want.

That didn't mean that she never got petulant.

Crossing her arms indignantly, she continued to argue. "It was just a freak accident both times," she said, "it's not like I'm looking for trouble. Besides, how are you even going to do that? You can't control every 'piece of trash'."

She couldn't argue with Cagliostro's point about her health, though, since she had no idea what Cagliostro's magic even really did. She did seem a little put-out when Cagliostro (rightly) pointed out that she pushed herself too much.

The attitude she was displaying disappeared at Cagliostro's question. Being offered something was always a surprise, no matter how trivial or how much the other person actually liked her. "Uh, well," she muttered thoughtfully, "I'm already used to the crossbow, even if it takes a while to reload it. I guess I'm a pretty good shot with it..."

5. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

"Hmm... Yes, that is a weapon that takes two hands to effectively peruse... and you most definitely won't be able to pick up the more melee oriented ones because there's only so much time out of the day for one to devote themselves to as well as the fact I don't know how to use such tools." Thinking things over in a logical manner, Cagliostro crossed the more outlandish ideas off her list of possible solutions before coming to a certain logic.

"You'd most definitely be a back line combatant if you were ever thrust into a confrontation too so perhaps... what you need is a meat shield to engage in upfront struggles while you can snipe away from afar. That's the best way to utilize your current style of fighting..." Summoning her snake that drifted behind her, the girl grinned.

"It HAS been a while since I dabbled in crafting something complicated and full of functions... Tell me, Amy... what sort of golem would you prefer for me to craft to be your bodyguard? What functions do you want installed? It'll have to be something that can rip flesh and crush bones at the very least to ensure your safety...~" Dark laughter rang out as the switch of 'mad scientist' was once more flipped.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  6. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Meat shield...?" Amy whispered mostly to herself as she let Cagliostro plan. It had become apparent to her that there wasn't much she could do to sway the alchemist when she really wanted to do something. Besides, if all she was doing was making Amy weapons, it wasn't like that was going to hurt anybody directly. Self-defense was important, after all.

Glancing between Cagliostro and her snake a few times, it suddenly dawned on her exactly what was being offered. "You want to make one of those snakes for me?" she asked, simultaneously shocked and touched. That had to be a lot of work.

Taking a few seconds to think about it, she finally said, "well, if it's mechanical then I'd be able to handle maintenance and maybe upgrades myself. It'd be a pretty fun challenge. I don't think I want a snake like yours, though," she joked, "wouldn't want to be seen as a copycat."

7. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

"Hm, that IS true." Idly shelving the idea to give Amy another snake dragon thing and pondering what was it that her charge would enjoy, the alchemist went over her likes in her head. Practicality seemed to be rather high on the list so something that could fight, provide pet therapy, and help gather materials would be rather welcome.

Considering the woman's tendency to try to get into trouble, there needed to be enough mass to tank projectiles and it had to be sturdy enough to survive being shot at repeatedly. A good sense of smell, hearing, and eyesight to watch out for potential threats since Amy seemed to tend to not be on guard as often as she should be...

"Okay, I have a rough outline for what I want to make for you then. I'll be going to my workshop to get started on that particular project so you just stay here and wait for your surprise." Heading on over to the relevant part of the dwelling, the alchemist stopped for a moment to look at the survivor with a smile. "And I better not find you missing, mother. I wouldn't want to have to transmute the house on lockdown by sealing off all the entrances.~" With that warning stated, the little girl descended to do some mad science.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  8. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Cagliostro's mind was already a million miles away, Amy could see. Whatever she was planning, Amy wasn't sure if she was supposed to be excited or concerned. Part of that was probably just from how excited she was. People in her experience weren't happy. Not unless someone was suffering.

Suddenly, the alchemist declared that a plan was already set. And then she threatened to remove all of the exits to keep her inside. Lovely. Amy knew that it was almost certainly not an idle threat, and simply took a seat to wait for whatever surprise was coming. Fortunately, she always kept somethings to tinker with around the place, so she didn't need to sit around twiddling her thumbs as she waited.

9. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

Various suspect sounds made its way up from the laboratory in question, the sounds continuing well for the better part of five hours until suddenly cutting off like a record being lifted from its player. "Rejoice, mother. I have done it." Dark chuckling could be heard as the little alchemist came forth, clad in a white labcoat that had various stains on it from the experimentation in progress. Some of which even seemed to be bloodstains.

Following behind her was something around the size of a a koala, bearing both fur and feathers. It looked to be a cross between avian and ursine, and to Cagliostro it was none other than a modified version of the eponymous monster, 'Owlbear.' "Meet your new guardian, meat shield, and pet! Its base is that of an owlbear but its insides are mechanical in nature like my own dear Ouroboros. It comes with some of the same functions such as size changing and easy storage so that it can get the drop on its enemies, a true drop bear!"

The small pseudo-beast stared up at its destined partner for a few seconds with unblinking eyes before waddling towards Amy on all fours much like an actual cub would, butting its head on her legs before plopping down to sit companionably nearby. "It has a certain amount of intelligence as well, much smarter than regular animals so you can teach it tricks as you will. Things like fetch, roll over, play dead, maul... Everything a pet should have."

Amy Wellard likes this.
  10. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy felt slightly concerned the more evil laughter she heard. She was used to Cagliostro being a bit... odd, and she knew that the alchemist wasn't as bad as she sometimes acted, but it still made her feel concerned.

Eventually, it was done, and Cagliostro strolled out followed by an odd mishmash of animals Amy had never seen in real life before. "Owlbear?" she asked idly as she examined the creature. It was an interesting little thing, kind of cute, the more she looked at it.

That cuteness was overpowering when it approached and butted its head against her legs. "Aw," she cooed, a smile growing on her face. She listened to Cagliostro give basic instructions as she kneeled down to get a closer look, only shooting Cagliostro a somewhat tired glance when she listed mauling as a regular animal trick.

"Aren't you the cutest little thing?" she continued to baby.

11. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

"Pweh." Letting out one of those cute little noises that only baby animals could make, the owlbear cub went on to behave like a true organic life form by circling around its new mistress' legs before flopping down on its hindquarters so that it was now in a sitting pose while looking up at Amy with its big old eyes.

"It's my first golem project since I came to Pandora so I went all out as it were. It was invoked to be able to be semi-autonomous and think for itself to better react to threats and protect you, as well as blend in the surroundings so as to not be outed as a mechanical entity. It can even run on alternative energy sources by eating physical matter for fuel since you don't have any magic to power it. And I made its small form as unassuming as possible to be cute and make it easy to overlook so it could go into battle with high efficiency."

Going on about its various specs to give Amy a better feel for its intended purposes, it was clear that the project was a highly functioning murder machine disguised as a baby animal. Which given the fact that its base was a bear and an owl was highly justified considering how both were highly efficient predators on their own. "Now then, give it a name. The dear needs something to be called by, after all.~"

Amy Wellard likes this.
  12. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy had never been particularly maternal, but something about the owlbear made her just want to snuggle with it so much. Sure, she got along with the kids who lived near her, but she never wanted to adopt them as her own.

Cagliostro continued to explain all of the owlbear's features, which sounded good. Sure, it was good at killing people, but that was the point, wasn't it? It was supposed to protect her, so being deceptively strong was a good thing.

She couldn't resist running her hands along the owlbear's head again. She almost didn't hear Cagliostro suggesting that it needed a name. Right, what to name it? There weren't many good things from her world that she could think of, and she didn't want to give such a cute thing a terrible name.

Thinking back to her world, she thought of the friends she left behind, who she did miss, just not enough to wish she was back there. Still, there was one person who she couldn't help but regret not having with her at times, especially since she had no idea if he was ever going to get the medicine he needed. "Denby," she said, quietly.

13. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

"Oho, a fine name indeed. Concise but unique, with just the right amounts of 'cuteness' to benefit such an appearance." The grin and the smug expression remained, though the praise was something truly heartfelt and geared towards Amy as opposed to herself like most of the other waking moments in time. "I believe little Denby is pleased as well."

True to her words, the owlbear cub sitting on its haunches and watching Amy let out several trilling hoots of approval, the modified golem clapping its feathered forepaws together a few times to show its acceptance of its new name. "Now then, it is time to reveal its combat mode to you. Denby, be a dear and show your mama what you can do.~"

Rolling on over so that it was on all fours, the cub gave a 'pweh' before the feathers and fur stood on end and its figure began ballooning extremely quickly. There was no ungainly disproportionate growths to mar the experience, rather the whole frame looked as though it was magnified several times over and the coloration changed into a slightly more dark color even as the softness gained a hard edge that showed the appearance of a true adult predator.

Now about the size of a polar bear and looking quite a lot more intimidating, the hulk of a familiar nevertheless looked rather comical as it waddled over to Amy and pecked her shoulder lightly. "...Hmm, I might need to work out some kinks. Mayhaps it is a bit too friendly..." Looking rather bemused by the fact that her muder-machine looked like it wanted to go for walksies rather than ready to maul, the alchemist tsked.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  14. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Amy had to hold back on the bark of laughter Cagliostro's words almost brought out of her. If only the human Denby could hear her compliment his name by calling it cute. She could just imagine the offended squawk and arguments that would have brought. It almost distracted her from the kindness in Cagliostro's voice; she knew better than to bring that up, simply basking in the praise a little.

Soon came the demonstration of Denby's abilities, which Amy was rather excited to see. She did actually want to be protected, so getting a good view of the full-grown, ready to battle owlbear would be useful. Also, it'd be good to know what to expect so as not to be surprised in the future, she supposed.

Unlike Cagliostro, Amy was just as happy about Denby's friendliness while huge as while tiny. "He probably already knows that I'm safe in here," she said, petting Denby, "no reason to be protective when there's nothing to fight."

15. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

"Hmph, true. I just shudder to think what would happen if your new guardian were to be as friendly when the trash of society crawl out from the sewers and alleys to waylay you like before." Harrumphing and staring rather pointedly at the owlbear who even went so far as to hide behind the substantially smaller Amy whilst wilting under its creator's gaze, Cagliostro simply rubbed her temple before gesturing to the wall.

"You know what it is I want, stop playing about else... well, you should know what happens when my creations don't live up to their expectations." At those threatening words, the the owlbear frantically shook its head up and down before rising and fluffing its fur and feathers while hunching its back and assuming a much more threatening appearance with a rather sharp glare.

Now a 180 compared to prior, the beast then let out thunderous roar before slamming its paw onto the nearby wall and leaving a dish sized hole in the structure with cracks spiderwebbing for several feet from the center of impact. "Good, at the very least you can be both shield and sword." The dangerous looking beast then promptly lost its former vigor at the bit of praise, looking like a dog that wanted to have its head patted for being a good boy.

Amy Wellard likes this.
  16. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It never ceased to amaze Amy how much Cagliostro hated criminals and other 'trash' as she put it. Not that she had any sympathy for them herself, mind, it just always made her wonder if something in particular happened, or if she was just more moral than her crimes against nature implied.

Seeing Denby trying to hide behind her was incredibly adorable, and Amy had to fight the urge to just start cooing again. Cagliostro had a point to make, and she had to admit, she was curious to see what Denby could actually do in a fight.

The owlbear soon switched from adorable to menacing, though Amy knew he was adorable even when being protective. He smashed a wall pretty impressively, and Amy seemed as satisfied as Cagliostro at the display.

"Aw, that was so good," she said, approaching Denby and patting his head, "you're going to be really good at protecting, aren't you? Aren't you? Yes, such a good boy!"

17. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Guest

Giving an affectionate whine even as his hind leg began thumping like a rabbit much to Cagliostro's rising ire, the giant figure promptly shrank like a deflating balloon before the big furball became a smaller furball. Letting out a small 'kweh', Denby then closed his eyes while shaking his head to and fro with owl powered half rotations before clinging to Amy like a koala once more.

"...Fine, fine. I can deal with this. As long as you do your job and she doesn't come to too much harm on her hare-brained schemes." Letting out a loose sigh, the alchemist tsked before handing over a sheath of papers that showed its various specs and abilities as well as an internal diagram of its bodily structure. "It's still a mechanical life form so you should be able to fix it up should it ever be damaged. One of the reasons why I didn't go for the biological version, really."

Amy Wellard likes this.
  18. Amy Wellard

Amy Wellard Shardlight

Mechanic
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Hare-brained?" Amy repeated, eyebrow raised, "all of my schemes are perfectly well thought-out." Well, most of them were made up on the fly, but they worked, didn't they? Even when she got tossed in jail, her plan to get out worked fine. And hey, she was one of the only rebels to actually survive, so in the end, it worked for her.

She continued to coo at Denby latching onto her leg like a child. He was just so cute! Of course, she had little idea of what cute really meant. Sure, her neighbors's kids were pretty cute, in a depressed, covered in rags sort of way.

Her attention was pulled back to Cagliostro as she handed over blueprints for Denby. With a genuine smile she said, "thanks, Cagliostro, really. This is almost too much." She'd been given gifts by her friends back home, but that always came with the knowledge that it was at a cost to them. Knowing that Cagliostro wasn't going to be suffering due to her gift made it all the nicer.