HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Complete look who's coming to bargain

Discussion in 'Silverpool' started by King Joffrey Baratheon, Dec 3, 2017.

1. King Joffrey Baratheon

King Joffrey Baratheon A Song of Ice and Fire

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    November 26th
    @Magnus Bane [/box]

It might had happened some time ago, but Joffrey hadn't forgotten that a magician had cursed him to live as a duck. If that annoying woman hadn't found him and turned him to a person again, he might have spent all his life hunting for fish and running away from hunters. So it had become clear to Joffrey that magic was a big power in this land and if he ever needed to survive and reclaim what belonged to him he had no choice but to broaden his horizons. That didn't mean that he was going to bother with books of magic and the like; it felt like wasting his time and he was certain that it was boring too. What he needed was a magician, one that was preferably calm and reasonable so Joffrey would not find himself in unfortunate situations again, to inform him on exactly what magic could do and how it could be used to his advantage.

Joffrey had come to realise that many of this land's inhabitants despised him, because he was King and they were not, but some were willing to listen to him. He had rejected the notion of going to the magical department of Pandora town's government, as those were sure to envy his born right to rule as opposed to their lowborn status and instead searched for a famous magician outside politics.

He found his man in the face of a Magnus Bane. That name certainly commanded an amount of respect to his underlings, Joffrey thought, and on top of that he owned a hotel. It was hardly as important as owning a castle, but there were not many castles in this place to be owned. So a hotel owner would have to do. Joffrey had decided to visit the hotel himself and he arrived on an rainy afternoon, cursing the weather as he entered. The building was alike the ones he saw in that particular district of the wretched town and it yet it stood out to Joffrey, due to its sparkling clean white walls and its bright lights. He did not understand every single foreign architecture, but he could discern when something was striking and when it was not.

Joffrey approached the woman behind the desk, his expression slightly annoyed, as if he was constantly offended by something, but his tone of voice didn't betray any anger. 'Good evening, sir, have you booked a room?' she asked him politely. 'No, I have come here to see Magnus Bane.' he answered. The woman didn't expect that reply and she awkwardly reached for a machine that seemed alien and ugly to Joffrey. 'Alright... Who should I say wants to see him...' she asked, turning her eyes on the boy. 'Joffrey of the Houses Baratheon and Lannister. Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. I am aware they are far from here.' he said, sounding impatient. The woman's eyes widened in surprise and she repeated what the boy had said on the phone. She even added 'he is aware they are far from here', evidently confused by the... eccentricity of the scene. 'Sir, if you could just wait in the lobby for a few minutes.' she finally said to Joffrey, only to receive a scowl. 'I do not like to be kept waiting.' he replied. 'Only for a few minutes, sir, please. You will find coffee and biscuits.' she said, forcing a smile. Joffrey frowned and crossed his arms, but he murmured a 'fine' and walked towards one of the armchairs. At least it was comfortable.

2. Magnus Bane

Magnus Bane The Mortal Instruments

High Warlock of Brooklyn
    Race:
    Warlock
    Directory:
    link
    Magnus got the call while he was up in his room, not expecting any visitors or appointments for the rest of the night. He was actually about to step into the shower when the phone rang and he went to answer it after debating for a solid 15 seconds on just letting it ring. But that would be irresponsible, of course, and he had a business to run. Not only that, but there was also the chance that it might be an actual emergency, or perhaps something wrong with Alec who was out on patrol despite the inclement weather.

"I'm sorry, who now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion at what the receptionist told him. It sounded like she was reading from a script, quoting exactly what the person downstairs said to her, and Magnus rolled his eyes as he heard the response over the phone to being told to wait, as the receptionist hadn't hung up the phone immediately. Just for that, Magnus made sure to take just a few minutes longer than strictly necessary to make himself presentable again and head downstairs.

He was surprised to see the receptionist point towards a young man who wore an expression on his face that radiated impatience... one that suddenly reminded him a bit of Jace. How unfortunate.

"I'm Magnus Bane, is there something I can help you with?" Magnus asked as he approached.

3. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Joffrey had little knowledge about what a coffee was and even less desire to drink it, but he did took the biscuit in his hands and started smelling at it before he tried it. It was a shame there were no pets or children to taste it before him, in case it was foul or dangerous, but he was feeling hungry. He then started showing more signs of impatience as he kept rising from his seat and pacing, but fortunately they did not escalate before the owner of the establishment made his presence known.

Joffrey stared at him for a while. He seemed young but appropriately strange, to Joffrey's eyes, to be a magic practitioner. In Joffrey's kingdoms he would resemble the people from Volantis or even further to the East, but he wore the bizarre clothing one found in Pandora town. When Joffrey was done inspecting him with his look, he spoke. 'I have heard you are one of the best who practise magic in this place. I need you to do it for me.' Joffrey said and both his voice and expression betrayed how demanding he was. The truth was that Joffrey was not entirely unreasonable and had considered the issue of payment , having collected certain valuable gems from Horizon as well as money, but he did want for the magician to assist him simply because he had asked him too.

4. Magnus Bane

High Warlock of Brooklyn
    Race:
    Warlock
    Directory:
    link
    Magnus had to actively keep himself from looking pleased at the young man's words, since they did hold a bit of a compliment in there as well. But beyond that bit of ego stroking he was being very presumptive, assuming that he could just waltz in here and demand that Magnus perform magic for him (which, he might add, was a horribly vague thing to ask in and of itself... not that he was asking so much as, well, stating). The idea that someone somewhere was saying that Magnus was one of the best magic practitioners in Pandora was nice to hear no matter what the circumstances, though, and honesty it was probably the only reason he didn't just kick the guy out of the lobby without a second glance.

"I've been known to do a bit of freelance work on the side, though not so much as of late. What sort of magic are you looking to have done?" Magnus learned his lesson long ago when it came to trying to summon demons in this place, but he had been known for a time for the wards he could put up around buildings, as well as other useful magic of that sort. Perhaps that was all he needed.

And, of course, Magnus used key words such as 'freelance' and 'work' to imply that he wasn't necessarily just going to go do it on command. Those sorts of things he decided on a more case-by-case basis, but as of right now this seemed like the sort of person he would certainly be charging, if only because of the attitude he'd seen thus far. Magnus didn't deal with this sense of entitlement very well at all.

5. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Ever since he had found himself in this wretched realm, Joffrey had realised one thing; getting people to do what he needed was especially difficult without the threat of them losing their heads. Without an army of men to force them, common folk and whatever royals existed here tended to act on self interest and rarely someone's interests would ally to those of Joffrey's. It did not help that he did not care for befriending them or even speaking kindly to them, but in time he learnt to be somewhat nicer than before if only for his own gain. Still, it would be hard to counter the mentality he had that he was doing favor to everyone by talking to them, because he was a king and while this place had some talented beings, it lacked the strong leadership of a single ruler.

He raised an eyebrow to the magician's words but he knew better to not question what he was hearing just yet. Besides, his question had gotten him pondering over what he needed. It was actually easy; he wanted to not have spells be done on him ever again. 'I want to be protected from magical attacks towards me. I have experienced it and it was excruciating and still I do not know if the one who dared such a thing on me was punished.' Joffrey said and with every word he became more and more rattled. He knew how to hold a grunge, especially when he had been the victim of an assault. And it wasn't as if he could easily forget his days as a duck. Even in this mad place it did not happen often.

'Of course, if I had magic of my own I would not have to worry about your kind. But I am not unreasonable. I would settle for any protection you can provide me so long it is efficient.' Joffrey added. He was determined to not allow himself to be played for a fool and buy worthless trinkets for the superstitious and easily impressed. He wanted to see real magic. Like the kind the one who had cursed him had, or the woman who had healed him from his.. condition.

6. Magnus Bane

High Warlock of Brooklyn
    Race:
    Warlock
    Directory:
    link
    "If you had magic of your own, you would be one of 'My Kind' Magnus pointed out, the tone in which he repeated the phrase 'my kind' making it very obvious that he wasn't entirely thrilled with Joffrey's wording of the situation. To come to someone for assistance while simultaneously insulting them by insinuating they were part of some sort of nefarious, no-good group of miscreants that needed protecting against... well, it wasn't the smoothest way to go about things.

He fought the urge to point out all of the good at those with magic were doing around Pandora, and instead decided to keep his focus (and his cool) by taking a moment to gather his thoughts again before saying anything further. "I am sorry that someone abused magic to use it against you," he said, decided it was the safest way to get back on track. And he wasn't lying - having someone do something like that did give all magic users a bad name, even if it was increasingly clear that perhaps the boy deserved whatever was done to him.

"I'm not so sure how your body would process any sort of protective spells placed directly onto it," [/B]Magnus admitted. It was risky enough to perform magic on a mundane in his own world, but he had no idea how it might effect mundanes from other worlds. "I could enchant a charm for you to wear, a necklace or a bracelet perhaps? Or something to carry with you in your pocket..." It was what he would prefer, honestly, but he got the feeling that carrying something around wasn't what Joffrey was looking for.

7. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Joffrey's teeth were grinding at the statement that made perfect sense, exactly because the logic bothered him. He had not completely made up his mind about magic users, but between thinking of them as lesser charlatans before Pandora and having been mocked and cursed, but also saved, by them after, he was left very confused. But the next statement was more infuriating and Joffrey stared at the other with pride. He did not need anyone's pity. What had happened to him was humiliating enough and having to repeat it was practically torture for the arrogant king, let alone have the man express his sympathies.

He barely heard him over his own issues, but Joffrey picked up something about carrying enchanted objects. Well, he was not how effective that would be, but he did not appear entirely disappointed yet, as another thought crossed his mind. 'I do not like jewellery. How about weapons? Can you not put a spell on them or give me magical ones?' he questioned, imaging something akin to crossbows spitting magical fire. Or perhaps swords that could cut through any armour, no matter how fortified. 'In my land, one of my Uncles had a magical sword that was always on fire. It did not do much else beyond that though; I want something better.' he added. Far from him to know exactly what he needed, but the prospect of magic to his benefit was exciting so he would not be easy to get rid off, despite his poor social skills.

8. Magnus Bane

High Warlock of Brooklyn
    Race:
    Warlock
    Directory:
    link
    Weapons? Now there was something that didn't sit well with the warlock, and a small frown tugged at the corners of his lips as he considered the option. "It would be possible to enchant a weapon," he admitted. "But that's a dangerous road to go down, especially should an object like that fall into the wrong hands." He didn't go so far as to say that he didn't know anything about him to be able to say whether or not Joffrey's hands were the 'wrong hands' to start with, but he was hardly about to agree to give a stranger a magical weapon simply because they wanted one.

"If you're looking to protect yourself against magic, something more defensive than offensive would certainly be the better way to go," he suggested, trying to steer the conversation away from the idea of flaming swords and the like. "Perhaps a spell that could deflect magic's effects?"

How he reacted to that idea would tell Magnus more about what he might be interested in. If all he wanted was some sort of superpowered weapon, this conversation might not go so well... But once he had a better idea of what it was, exactly, that the boy wanted, he could think of something more specific to consider.

9. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Joffrey opened his mouth to protest about not getting a weapon, but he closed it immediately after the sorcerer continued talking. He could not argue that it would not be absolutely horrible to see his magical weapon on Stark hands, or Targaryen hands or any hands he did not like for that matter. That thinking robbed him of the idea of the magical sword that Joffrey had already constructed in his head, though. Add to that that he did not like it when someone refused him, even if the sorcerer had done it in a subtle way, and it was evident that Joffrey was displaying signs of restlessness.

'No! I had... spells done on me before and I do not like it.' he said stubbornly. He did not want to admit that he was afraid of the consequences; pain, suffering, perhaps scaring and other things he could imagine, so he simply pressed his lips together in a pout. 'You said that you do not know if my body could... process them, did you not?' he asked then, trying to appear collected and even intimidating despite the shivering in his back.

'I am not going to fall for sorcerer tricks. It is curious that we have been talking for a while now and you have not shown me anything to impress me even a little.' came after, spoken as impulsively as Joffrey felt. He was making his situation worse by the minute, but managing his fears was an increasingly difficult task, particularly since he refused to acknowledge them in the first place. Joffrey had to appear fearless of magic even at the cost of sounding suspicious and paranoid.

#9 King Joffrey Baratheon, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  10. Magnus Bane

High Warlock of Brooklyn
    Race:
    Warlock
    Directory:
    link
    Magnus gave a casual shrug. "I did," he confirmed. "But there's no better way to find out than to try." He added, not without a hint of cheek to his words. The more the boy spoke the more Magnus sympathized with whoever it was that used magic upon him in the first place, and he wondered if he wouldn't end this encounter by furthering his distrust in warlocks by pretending to curse him simply to rid his hotel of this little boy King's presence. Slightly more reassuringly he added, "All magic is different, and as protective spells are meant to, well, protect, they rarely have any ill side-effects."

But it didn't seem as if the boy was willing to have the magic performed on him, nor was he willing to wear an enchanted item of jewelry (though why not was beyond Magnus who firmly believed that everyone's wardrobe could use a bit more flair these days). This left very few options, and while Magnus was attempting to consider another option he was thrown entirely off of his thoughts by the sudden demand that he impress Joffrey with his abilities.

Magnus openly balked, eyes widening in both confusion and disbelief at what he just heard, mouth opening and then closing again until he could trust himself to speak something that wouldn't get him kicked out of most public places on the spot.

"I do not perform on command like some sort of trained circus monkey," Magnus said, in a slow, even tone. "Might I remind you that you're the one who sought me out. I hardly imagine the reputation which brought you to me is one that needs parlor tricks to justify itself."

...but then an idea struck Magnus, an impulsive one that he simply couldn't resist. "But if you insist, I'm happy to oblige." he said, and no sooner had he said the words and motioned with his hands to a spot directly behind Joffrey did a swirling yellow-gold light open up into a circular portal. Another wave of his hand brought an impressively strong, invisible force that would push Joffrey backwards into the light -- and through the portal that would take him several feet outside the hotel's front doors.

It was only the fact that he did not wish to face criminal charges that he did not open the portal directly into the ocean, or the top of Mt. Pompeii.

11. King Joffrey Baratheon

BEING THE KING
    Race:
    KING
    Joffrey squinted at the man, as if he was telling riddles that the blonde was trying to solve. He had the nagging feeling that he was being mocked, but the subtlety of it was making it hard to find a good comeuppanceand he really needed a protection against magic. What he did not need was to like the man offering it to him, he supposed, because otherwise he would never get anything in life. So he managed to stay silent, but his expression shifted to surprise when the man's tone changed.

He had not given one thought on the effect his words would have and the sudden change phased him, but he was not going to apologise for things he felt no remorse for. In his mind, he had not asked for something entirely unreasonable and he wanted to have a little fun anyway. Seeing the man upset was kind of amusing, but an unpleasant feeling begun to nag him soon enough.

Which only amplified when he waved his hands and created a circle in the room, out of thin air, that resembled one of those portals those who practised magic used for transportation. As impressive as it was it was also so unnerving that Joffrey opened his mouth to protest.

But the words died on his mouth as he felt a force pushing towards the portal. The last thing Joffrey did was scream. Then he found himself outside the hotel, begun yelling and only stopped when he was moved away by one of Pandora Town's guards.

THE END!

Magnus Bane likes this.