HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Looking Into the Stop the Clocks Event?

Discussion in 'Mages Guild' started by Khadgar, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Khadgar

Khadgar Warcraft

Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link

Looking Into the Stop the Clocks Event?

NOTE: If you can't post in this thread, it's probably because you're not a member of the Mages Guild group yet, so please click JOIN THIS GROUP on the main group page to join!

Hey, guys! I figured the Stop the Clocks seasonal event is right down the alley of the Mages Guild, considering how these watches mysteriously ages or de-ages people who purchase and mess around with them. As one of the Mages Guild's primary goals is making sure the citizens of Pandora are safe from whatever the new season throws at them, it seems to me like they'd make a point of researching these watches and trying to figure out how they work.

Would any of you be interested in our characters looking into them? I know that Khadgar definitely will be, since he's incredibly curious about how things he's never encountered before work, and there might be some personal bias on his part in figuring out whether the effects can be replicated. (He was cursed with old age at 17, so he never got to experience being a young adult properly, and I like making my characters suffer, hahaha.) Still, I'd love for this to be a group effort, if it interests any of you!

2. Yennefer of Vengerberg

Race:
    Sorceress
    It certainly interests Yennefer! She's experienced with spells that make one appear younger than they actually are (see her actual age versus what she looks like). So this kind of spell work watch is right up her alley!

She'd also be interested in researching the spell-caster herself: the mysterious Mrs. Dawson. Who is she? What is she? Clearly not human if she's able to disappear and reappear selling watches all over Pandora. Maybe she creates the thesis that Mrs. Dawson is an agent of Pandora's World? Certainly she'd want to talk with her, get one of those watches for the Guild to Study. Unfortunately: Mrs. Dawson doesn't want to appear for Yennefer ("Nosy, uppity, youngin' witch that she is!") ;) What do you think?

Khadgar likes this.
  3. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

Anything that involves researching magic you can most certainly count on Ceridwen being involved! This especially 'cause I want it to blow up in her face the end result being her being turned into a little girl >D So if anyone can get their hands on one of these watches she'd be all over that!

As for the mysterious Mrs. Dawson... what if, if we get enough people, we split into 2 groups. One that focuses on the magic of the watches and the other focuses on Mrs. Dawson?

4. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Merlin wants in! One of his friends showed up on his doorstep a fuming little girl, so he's definitely invested LOL! As humorous as he thinks it is.

He might also offer himself for testing purposes if they wanted to do some research with a willing subject in a safe environment. =]

Khadgar likes this.
  5. Porpentina Goldstein

Porpentina Goldstein Harry Potter

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Tina's actually going to be affected by the watch and turn adorable so she might look to the guild for help, because by that point both her and her sister will be children, and she won't want to stay like that for long! I don't mind if the others maybe try to help her age or try to reverse the effects, as long as nothing horrifically long term happens to her!

Khadgar likes this.
  6. Khadgar

Khadgar Warcraft

Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Tracking down Mrs. Dawson for more information is definitely something they should look into! And I really like the idea of Yennefer theorizing that this woman's an agent of this world or somesuch. Basically, that if they want answers for more than just the watches, that tracking Mrs. Dawson down is crucial. Considering that the Guild is also interested in researching ways out of Pandora, tracking this seller down would certainly be worth looking into.

I think the only issue with us getting our hands on a watch would be that said watch would only work for aging or de-aging one person, as it doesn't do the same for other people. Each person has their own watch, and another person can't use it to age/de-age themselves. Which can certainly also be another thing the Guild can try to research/expand on.

Oooh, I like the idea of Porpentina approaching the Guild for help! That could be perhaps what tips them off to something being wrong, as I don't think the watches are widespread knowledge yet. The Guild could even issue an official warning on them once they have a couple in their possession, cautioning citizens to be wary of a woman selling watches.

So! How about something like this to kick things off: Porpentina comes to the Guild for help, explains that a watch did this to her and shows it to them. They try to figure out how it works, then when they're unable to replicate the results, they decide to find this Mrs. Dawson to get hold of some watches and question her. (I asked Rani and she said we could NPC her, so that should be fun!) Once she gets away, but not before selling some watches to them, perhaps some Guild members decide to track her down again, and the rest decide to mess around with the watches to see if they can reverse its effects?

If we decide to go down this route, who wants to get some watches and who wants to continue pursuing Mrs. Dawson? :D

7. Yennefer of Vengerberg

Race:
    Sorceress
    I'm totes down for pursuing Mrs. Dawson! Yennefer would consider her the prime candidate for questioning not just about the watches but Pandora as a whole as well! ;-) Yennefer is also pretty handy with tracking spells. So that'll come in handy! Who wants to join the hunting party?

Also if u want volunteers for NPCing Mrs Dawson I'm so down for that too!

Khadgar likes this.
  8. Porpentina Goldstein

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Sounds great to me! By that point she'll have probably seen a clear link because her and Queenie (her sister) will both have had exactly the same thing happen, so she'll have even more reason to go to them and explain that she thinks it's the watch?

I'd love to thread this out with someone from the guild, if anyone is interested?

Khadgar likes this.
  9. This kind of thing isn't Newt's specialty at all, so he would probably stay out of the actual research/investigation portion of it, but I could offer him to have suggested Porpentina approach the guild and maybe even take her to talk to somebody in the guild, if that's something you would be interested in, Cait! =) No worries if not, I just thought it might be convenient since Newt is a member!

Porpentina Goldstein and Khadgar like this.
  10. Porpentina Goldstein

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    @Newt Scamander I would love that so much! She's going to be really embarrassed going to Newt, but seeing as he's a member it would make total sense and seeing as they are friends it makes sense she'd seek him out to get his advice! But yes, I am super okay with this :33

#10 Porpentina Goldstein, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Newt Scamander and Khadgar like this.
  11. Khadgar

Khadgar Warcraft

Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Awesome! That would be a fantastic way to bring Porpentina to the Guild's attention. Around what date would you two like this to take place?

That all sounds great, Lanni! If no one else wants to go after Mrs. Dawson, Khadgar could join her. I'm that case, perhaps @Ceridwen and @Merlin Ambrosius could initially go after Mrs. Dawson to procure watches from her? And after the Guild messes messed around with them (which could lead to Ceridwen and Merlin being aged/de-aged, if you two want to go down that route) Yennefer and Khadgar could go after Mrs. Dawson (and Khadgar could get a fancy shmancy watch of his own during this time, to sweeten Mrs. Dawson up to sticking around).

If this all sounds good to you guys, we could get these threads set up over the next few days! :D

12. Porpentina Goldstein

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    I had Tina down as getting the watch around Mid-April and she probably wouldn't waste much time with going to find Newt to tell him what had happened. If that needs to change though to fit in with the general timeline, let me know :3

13. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

I'm cool with Ceridwen and @Merlin Ambrosius going after Mrs. Dawson to procure watches if Ariah is. I'm also cool with it blowing up in their faces and being aged/de-aged after they mess with them a bit, or at least I'm cool with that happening to Ceridwen, 'cause that's what I want to happen! ^^

14. Merlin Ambrosius

Merlin Ambrosius BBC Merlin

Headmaster at Schola Praeditos
    Race:
    Creature of Magic
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    That all sounds great to me! Maybe it can start off with Merlin offering himself up for testing and willingly de-aging himself. And then something goes horribly wrong and Ceridwen accidentally does the same and sUDDENLY THEY ARE BOTH SMOL CHILDREN.

Merlin will be SO done.

15. Homura Akemi

Homura Akemi Guest

Homura is kind of new to this world, and although not easy to approach. She's some what of an expert in time powers/magic, having traveled through at least one hundred timelines or more. And being able to stop time briefly for herself makes her a good person to speak to in regards to these watches, weather or not she can do anything is uncertain.

She'd at least be interested in looking at them, because they maybe similar in fashion to her own abilities. Being a Magical Girl and Akuma means much of the abilities she holds are magical in nature, the problem is who'd be keen on conversing with her cause she's not easy to deal with sometimes.

Khadgar likes this.
  16. Khadgar

Khadgar Warcraft

Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    @Porpentina Goldstein, perhaps we could go with early April, if that wouldn't mess things up with your plot too much? I only ask because there's another Mages Guild plot set in early May, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea for half of our mages to be de-aged! If not, then we can go with the original plan and the mages getting back to their proper ages around mid-May.

Okay! So how about these dates to get the ball rolling:

April 18: @Porpentina and Newt inform the Guild about what happened. They all try to mess around with the watch, with no decent results.
    April 20: @Ceridwen and @Merlin Ambrosius find Mrs. Dawson and get some watches. More experimentation commences, they get de-aged. More experiments and research.
    April 25: Khadgar and @Yennefer of Vengerberg track down Mrs. Dawson. Khadgar gets a watch for himself, so that they can keep Mrs. Dawson around, and they interrogate her/try to catch her.​

Maybe we could find a permanent solution to these watches around mid-May? @Homura Akemi could come into play at this point, and perhaps help them figure out a way to reverse/restrict the watches' effects once and for all. Seeing as her magic is so time-manipulation-based, she'd probably be the best candidate for helping the mages find a solution! I could have her and Khadgar interact at this point, if she doesn't mind chatting with someone who's fairly chipper most of the time? Or, we could make a group thread out of it? I'm open for any and all ideas!

#16 Khadgar, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  17. Porpentina Goldstein

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Hello!

I already started the threat with Newt and it's on April 18th here so that would actually work really well with the second set of dates you proposed if that's okay with everyone else?

Khadgar likes this.
  18. Khadgar

Khadgar Warcraft

Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Oh! Hahaha, that's brilliant. Okay, let's go with the second set of dates then! I'll edit my post to make them stand out for everyone, and the respective parties can all start their threads and stuff. :D

19. Khadgar

Khadgar Warcraft

Mage
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Uber late post is late (I've been super busy with packing, proofreading and the like!) but I set up the thread for myself and @Yennefer of Vengerberg in regards to this plot here!

@Ceridwen, @Merlin Ambrosius, if you've set up a thread please let me know so that I can later add it to the Mages Guild timeline! (If not, feel free to just let me know what you two have headcanon'd.) I'm gonna go ahead and tag @Porpentina Goldstein too, so we can hash out the finer details of what went down when Newt took her to the guild. (Which I'm guessing is also being headcanon'd, unless you want us to pop into the thread you and Newt have at some point? Whatever works best!)

Porpentina Goldstein likes this.
  20. Porpentina Goldstein

DoI Officer/ teacher
    Race:
    Witch
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    I think we were just going to headcanon what happened? We've nearly finished the thread where Tina presents the problem to Newt, but I think she'd just basically repeat what she's told Newt in the thread to the guild, because there isn't much extra information. Here is the thread again, just so there's a reference here!

Merlin Ambrosius and Khadgar like this.