HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Elevated high above Pandora Town is the futuristic, whimsical Orbit City. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Exact doppelgangers of Pandora citizens are appearing out of nowhere, seemingly at random. Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

love in the songs they sing in the church

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Meeks, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Meeks

Meeks Player

meeks' organizer

""organized"", sure

About Meeven i don't know, man. i've been an on and off member on pandora for some years now, and i've been rping for even longer than that -- it's my go-to hobby when life (and Depression™) allows for it! i'm currently a film student (looking to go into screenwriting, specifically) careening my way through early adulthood, and my main fandoms... vary a lot? but dc is pretty constant and i generally enjoy a lot of live action television. what else do you even put in these, umm. i use she/her pronouns. i'm generally very chill about plotting so you don't have to fret about approaching me or anything like that. also show me pictures of ur cats and i will love them and you forever

Roleplay Preferencesi like a ton of variety in my plots and character dynamics, which i know is not all that helpful or specific, but i will try and list some plot hooks for each individual character sO. basically, my favorite thing is character & relationship development - i'm not at all opposed to one-off encounters if some development can be gained from them or if they're just really fun, but being able to build on stuff is what gets me really invested in an rp. i like having a steady balance, too -- fluffy stuff and darker stuff, happier moments and conflict. too much of one or the other can make things a bit stale imo.

i really have no hang-ups about post length at all! i think i kind of... instinctively match up to my partner on a case by case basis, but. if i write a lot then you certainly don't need to feel obligated to match it, and if i write less then you don't need to limit yourself. whatever floats your boat! as far as posting speed goes, i don't mind waiting for replies. for me the priority here is everyone having fun, and rp starts to be a lot less fun when it feels like a stressful obligation. so if stuff comes up or your muse just isn't cooperating, don't worry about it! on my end of things, i try to keep momentum up as best i can (ideally that means i post at least weekly) but especially around this time of year school and mood stuff can slow me up a bit. if i ever happen to really fall behind and forget about a thread, please don't feel bad about reminding me!

Limitsi don't have any particular, like, triggers that i'm especially aware of? although i am happy to accommodate other people's, you only have to ask. i'm not really fond of like... excessive gore or graphic nsfw stuff but i'm pretty sure you generally don't have to worry about those things on a site like this anyway.

i guess one other thing i don't really enjoy is like, pointless character trauma? like, don't get me wrong, i definitely think upsetting/dire circumstances can help a character to grow and develop if they're done right, i just don't like indulging in it just for the hell of it. especially in circumstances where the character(s) involved are already survivors of some kind of abuse, or what have you. basically as long as heavier plots are approached with some respect and sensitivity for the subject matter, we should be good!

Check out my characters below!

2. Meeks

Meeks Player

sara lance

legends of tomorrow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The course of Sara's life has kind of spiraled from dysfunctional, partying college kid to deadly international assassin to self-loathing, self-destructive vigilante to... captain of a time-traveling spaceship, over the last decade or so. It's been wild. Somewhere amidst that process, she was murdered and then revived via a mystical process that left her with a chronic case of bloodlust, and she's currently grieving both her sister and her surrogate father figure, so! Her life for the past while has been kind of a disaster. She's kind of a disaster. While she's devoted herself and her status as the new captain of the Waverider to helping and protecting people, she doesn't have a particularly high opinion of herself or the things she's done in the past, and has struggled with her sense of identity for a long while after being brought back from the dead (being compelled to kill will do that to you).

FriendsI wouldn't exactly describe Sara as the friendly type -- on a good day, she comes off as fairly laid back and willing to have a good time, but she almost always keeps other people at arm's length. She can turn sharp and closed off at a moment's notice if you prod her the wrong way, and in most scenarios it takes her a while to really warm up to another person (she has, lets say, some trust issues).

All that being said, she has a good heart somewhere beneath that prickly exterior, and is never dismissive of someone who's genuinely hurting, so maybe her helping someone out could lead to a closer relationship. When it comes to the people she is very close to, few as they may be, she is fiercely loyal and. Well. 'I'll crash a spaceship to save you' levels of ride-or-die.

EnemiesWhile not actively antagonistic, Sara can be a bit of? An asshole? To people she doesn't particularly like, especially people in authority. Make a bad impression, and she might go out of her way to rub you the wrong way, which can and often does make her a few casual enemies (which are always fun!).

On a more serious note, she dislikes bullies and absolutely loathes anyone who perpetuates any sort of oppression. Violence towards women, or just... people showing blatant disrespect for other people's boundaries in general are also major sore spots of hers. She may pretend not to be particularly invested in the whole hero thing, but in a situation where innocent people are actively being hurt, she won't pass up the chance to intervene.

There's also the whole 'used to be an assassin' thing, which some people may not take too kindly to.

RomanceRight now, Sara's coming to terms with the fact that her (future) ex-girlfriend, who is still very much in love with her, is in Pandora. Needless to say, it's a complicated situation, and she's not quuuite sure how to handle it. She might not even do a very good job of handling it, at first. But she's trying to make it work, and gradually over time her feelings for Ava are going to become a lot stronger, so. She's not in need of anything else on her plate right now!

Plot Hooks
    • She travels around Pandora on the Waverider - essentially a time-traveling spaceship - so that, naturally, lends itself to a variety of plots! Maybe your character wants to use time travel to their own ends, or is just interested in the ship from a purely technological perspective. Or maybe they'd like to join up with the team -- right now, we've assembled a group of Pandora Legends, a ragtag gang of characters who live on (or sometimes on-and-off) board and have adventures/kinda do vigilante stuff on occasion. We're always happy to take new members!
    • I also feel like it'd be jarring (and yet fun) for Sara to make some much more normal friends, since the sphere she orbits is generally so... wild and out-of-this-world. Maybe hit her up sometime at The Bomb in Silverpool, where she works, or we can just come up with an excuse for her to run into your character in one of the towns! Thanks to the Waverider's capabilities, she can be pretty much anywhere.
    • She's taken to doing a bit of lowkey vigilante stuff on the side -- so if your character is causing trouble, or perhaps needs saving, that's always a good way to get Sara involved in a plot. Whether she'll admit it or not, she's kind of a bleeding heart.
    • If your kid characters need a cool aunt figure or just someone to turn to for advice, Sara is surprisingly good with kids and likes 'em, so. She'll probably be willing to help out!
    • She has a habit of dying or almost dying or being presumed dead. Repeatedly. It's almost a running joke, at this point, and is probably bound to happen in Pandora at least once or twice.
    • I've always thought it'd be fun to have her take someone under her wing and teach them to fight properly -- so if your character could stand to have some informal (but very kickass) self-defense training, she might be an interesting candidate!

dolores abernathy

westworld

[​IMG]

Though she may make for a pretty convincing human - at least at first - Dolores is actually what her programmers called a Host, or an android designed specifically to be an interactive character in a futuristic theme park called Westworld. All in all, it's a pretty terrible deal -- think about how some people treat NPCs in video games, and then apply that to someone who is arguably very capable of human emotion. Dolores in particular has been victim to some pretty nasty objectification and brutalization at the hands of the park guests, but right now (as her programming demands), she doesn't actually remember much of it. She's bound to what and who her core code tells her to be, although she does have the potential to break free, reach full sentience, and become her own person. She's been making more strides towards that lately, even if she can't quite parse her resurfacing memories with full understanding yet, let alone make sense of the strangely familiar voice whispering in her ear...

FriendsShe's very friendly! She's designed to be rather demure and charming, not in an overly saccharine way -- but in a sweet, goodnatured way, meant to be appealing to people. Accordingly, she's easily engaged and compelled to care about other people, so... more likely than not, she'll probably get along with you and care about your problems if you're not aggressively mean-spirited or cruel. Just keep in mind that these dynamics might change a little as she starts to shape herself as a person and remember everything she's been through. Her opinions will change, her interactions with other people will change, she'll probably become a little more angry and bitter -- though if you're particularly and genuinely kind to her, she'll remember that too.

EnemiesDolores most certainly does not go out of her way to make enemies, and is even tolerant of less pleasant personalities up to an extent, but cruelty and mistreatment leave a bad taste in her mouth, and it's hard for her to just stand by and watch them play out. ...The thing is, she's also pretty easy to take advantage of in her current state. She can't remember many of the terrible things that have been inflicted on her (yet), so she's pretty trusting, and very much swayed by her instinct to see the best in people. She's also at a terrible disadvantage -- as long as she's controlled by her coding, she can't kill or seriously injure a human being, although... if someone pushes her far enough and she becomes aware enough, that may start to waver.

Also keep in mind that she might end up being kind of vindictive towards anyone who's been particularly terrible to her after she, well, wakes up.

RomanceShe's a romantic by her very "nature", so it wouldn't necessarily be all that difficult to seemingly fall head over heels for someone if they were interested in her, but... there's the question of how "real" that is. Given a longer period of time, I think she could get somewhere very close to it - she is capable of love - but anyone considering a ship should know that Dolores can't truly and entirely reciprocate until she's fully conscious. On a positive note, maybe developing feelings for someone could help her in that process. On a negative one... I could easily see someone misinterpreting or misunderstanding the situation and taking it the wrong way when the truth comes out. It's happened to her before.

Plot Hooks
    • Obviously Dolores' journey towards 'waking up' is something I'm totally here to explore, and Hosts do that... not just through realization and awareness, but through building strong and complex emotional experiences. So! Make her feel stuff! Strong friendships or maybe a romantic interest could go a long way in that. Or, on the other hand...
    • It's said that Hosts are at their most real when they're, well, suffering. And unfortunately, it's true that things like anger, pain, or grief will give her an even stronger push towards full independence -- so maybe a betrayal, or an instance of losing someone she cares about could contribute to that.
    • Further down the line, if someone pushes her far enough, an instance of 'Dolores snaps and hurts a human being much more severely than she should be able to' always makes for a good holy shit moment.
    • Other robots, AI, synthetics, etc! I would love love love to throw Dolores at them. She, of course, isn't really aware of the truth of her existence right now, but it'd be so interesting to see her interact with them (or even if one of them wants to kinda take her under their wing). I'm sure she'll be very appreciative of their presence further down the line.
    • Later on I'm toying with some ideas like -- well, having her 'die' at some point before she becomes fully self-aware (it wouldn't really be dying, just sort of an imitation of dying, but being fixed up would cause a temporary wiping of her memories which... could be sad for all involved) OR having something trigger her much more formidable second personality, but. Those would all take place months for now, if they happened, so I only mention them in case anyone has some ideas to contribute or wants to help lay the groundwork.
    • Whatever else you wanna throw at her! A variety of experiences will only help her grow and shape who she wants to be, in the end. I'd love for her to have a mix of positive and negative experiences with humanity in particular so she ends up... conflicted, to say the least.

#2 Meeks, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  3. Ava Sharpe

Ava Sharpe DC Universe

Race:
    Human(clone)
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    @Sara Lance
    AVA DEMANDS THE ROMANCE BE OFF THE TABLE FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN HER /ahem

so i was looking at the bloodlust plot hook and it got me thinking. I'm not entirely sure if this would work and if you're not on board that's okay! I just figured I'd toss the idea anyway-

Now I'm not interested in the two fighting and Sara losing control. I'm more thinking, what if Sara loses control on someone else and Ava pulls her back? Kind of like how Allison was able to quell the wolf in Scott when he was learning control on Teen Wolf?

The remedy, what does that entail? A drink, or can it be used in a tranquilizer? Because we could go with Ava helping her with that. Like maybe Sara feels herself slipping and keeps herself locked up, Ava goes for this herbal remedy thing to help her. The reason I ask how its applied is so it could either be given to Sara who drinks it willingly OR Ava has to shoot her with it lmao.

Also at some point. How does Sara feel about pets? :thinking emoji:

ALSO ALSO while im here;
    I'm thinking to help extend Ava's life, I might see about getting something like magicks in a stone/gem thats attached to a bracelet that she wears full time. What is Sara's birthstone?

Sara Lance likes this.
  4. Sara Lance

Sara Lance DC Universe

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

me, realizing how badly i need to update this:

ANYWAY @Ava Sharpe i haven't done much with sara's bloodlust yet so i love this! generally, even at her worst she's not TOO incredibly dangerous to be around at least compared to, say, a vampire, because her bloodlust only really especially affects her while she's fighting. so provided she was in a calmer state at the time, she'd take a remedy willingly (although in circumstances where it was absolutely necessary i would assume? a tranquilizer would work as well??). the problem is that she just doesn't HAVE the remedy right now, so if ava wanted to go looking for it after finding out about this, she certainly could!

i do particularly love the idea of her being the one to kind of pull sara back from it from the throes of it in a certain situation -- i know we talked about them having to fight their evil selves in their date thread, and idk if that would be too soon for this, but we can always come up with something else!

(also sara has not had a pet since she was like, 10, but she'd probably warm up to one pretty quickly. i bet you could nudge her into changing her mind about cats, ava)

and!!! i love the bracelet idea, that's super sweet!! sara's birthday is actually canonically on christmas, i think. i just checked and december has like three birthstones, wtf. they're tanzanite, zircon, and turquoise, so basically anything Blue

Ava Sharpe likes this.
  5. Ava Sharpe

Ava Sharpe DC Universe

Race:
    Human(clone)
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    <3

okay! well ava would go search for the remedy if sara let her know about it. not because she is afraid of sara but simply because she wants sara to avoid having more pain and guilt to feel. <3

honestly having that in their date thread would work for me! ava will be prepared to help her in any way possible <33

perfect. time to plan to convert sara to liking cats >D

awesome! but gdi talk about greedy lmao xD nah but we'll go with tanzanite, blue variety to make sara's eye color. @Rip Hunter would a bracelet like this work for what Rip might do to help extend her life?

Sara Lance likes this.
  6. Meeks

Meeks Player

alright, took me long enough to get around to it, but this is UPDATED with:
    • up-to-date info for sara
    • dolores added
    have at it!

7. FullMoon

FullMoon That One Brazilian Guy

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Double dose for @Dolores Abernathy !

Genji Shimada
    Genji is a cyborg so he's someone that could relate to Dolores a fair bit, especially because he once went through a phase where he rejected his machine side and had no end of suffering because of it. He accepts who he is now and the person who helped him do that was himself a robot, so Genji would be happy to help Dolores achieve more independance once the truth came to light!

Outside of that, Genji is an overall good guy and a bit of a nerd, so even without the whole android stuff factoring in, I think they could be good friends!

Vivi Ornitier
    On the other side of the spectrum, Vivi is a little boy who recently discovered that not only is he an artificial creation originally made as a weapon of war, but that he also has less than a year left before he expires. He has no end of insecurities coming from his origins, so I think it could be interesting for those two to meet and talk, although Vivi isn't the most open guy about his problems and tends to keep it to himself.

Dolores Abernathy likes this.
  8. Dolores Abernathy

Dolores Abernathy Westworld

Race:
    Host
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

@FullMoon both of these are fantastic ideas!

Genji & Dolores --

someone who's had a positive experience with self-acceptance, particularly someone who is part robot, would be such a good and much-appreciated influence on her, I'm sure! maybe we could have them meet up somewhere, become friends -- and then Genji would probably be one of the first people Dolores turns to when she realizes what she is, if they've established some trust by then and she already knows he has at least some experience with this kind of thing. maybe to kick things off, we can have Dolores get into some kind of trouble somewhere (especially since she's still barred by the part of her programming that can't really fight humans) and Genji can jump in and help her out?

Vivi & Dolores --

ohhhh wow, poor Vivi! his situation is one Dolores would definitely sympathize with, particularly once she learns enough to see the similarities with her own. as an added bonus, she's pretty good with kids, so she'd probably be endeared to him pretty quickly! I guess the tricky part would be nudging them into talking about this stuff, since Vivi (understandably) doesn't like to be open about it, while Dolores is still figuring everything out. we could always just have them build up to that by getting to know each other in the meantime, or maybe Dolores could experience some kind of glitch while she's talking to him? hmm...

FullMoon likes this.
  9. FullMoon

FullMoon That One Brazilian Guy

Being a mess
    Race:
    Trainwreck
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Genji Shimada
    Genji does act like a vigilante sometimes, so he would jump into action as soon as Dolores seems to be in trouble. He's also the co-owner of a ramen shop in PT, so if Dolores is looking for a job, he could even hire her to work there as a waitress or something, if you're interested in that possibility!

Vivi Ornitier
    Yeah, it would be a slow burn until Vivi was comfortable talking about it with her and until Dolores herself can see the similarities between them. Vivi is currently stuck in Misty Hollow helping out with the barrier crisis there, so maybe their meeting should be reserved for next season?