HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open low-hanging fruit

Discussion in 'Blackhaven' started by Crowley, May 24, 2018.

1. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural
    Simon Lewis stresses me out

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

May 18, Year 7
    As attached as Crowley was to his usual meatsuit, it had certain limitations. There were environments where it stuck out too much for his comfort, and it impeded on his business. There were deals that would go south based on something as simple as gender, which he didn't really fucking understand, but he didn't bother to argue most of the time. After all, if Hillbilly Jim thought making a deal with the devil was better than kissing another man, Crowley wasn't going to give him some canned LGBT speech.

Usually, if someone wanted his magic enough, they could grit their teeth and seal the deal with whatever bloody vessel he was wearing at a given time. But then, those were the old days, when he was summoned with a very specific purpose in mind. While Crowley had, occasionally, done some leg work for the simple pleasure of it, it had never been all that necessary.

Now, his business depended on being able to get into people's good books - winning them over in person and then gently introducing the idea of a little deal to them. While many were more comfortable dealing with what appeared to be an older, more refined individual (frankly, those were usually the deals with more benefit to him), there were those who preferred a... daintier approach.

Drunken deals were a bit of a low-hanging fruit for demons of Crowley's caliber, he admitted it. Using a female body to boot was almost degrading, it was so bloody easy, but he wanted to get his numbers up, and in order to do that he was resorting to the most old school tricks of the trade that he knew. A local dive, a pretty face, and something provocative clothing his new body. The only real challenge he was setting for himself was in choosing a meatsuit that didn't abide by the most traditional beauty culture. A meatsuit who, to his credit, he had a rather symbiotic relationship at this point. She needed extra money to fuel a drug habit, and Crowley needed a pretty-ish face to wear now and then. At the moment, he was tired and stressed and felt determined to put the Misty Hollow situation out of his mind for a night.

Despite the violent images it inspired, possession was relatively quick and painless when one was lucky enough to find a mind that was open to the idea. He had, in a matter of seconds, left one body and entered the other, managing to drag his favored meatsuit into the flat to avoid suspicion before setting about getting ready, rifling through his current host's closet with mounting disgust, dismissing each outfit.

He knew she was hard-up, but this was just depressing.

Eventually, his quest for clothing led Crowley to a high-end boutique in the center of Silverpool, where he took the time to wrap his new meatsuit in luxury from top to bottom, disappearing out of the store with a small fortune of clothes and jewelry plastered on his person only to reappear in the heated atmosphere of Blackhaven's rebellious, curfew-violating nightlife, which was crowded enough to allow his sudden appearance to pass unnoticed. Moving to the side, there was an awkward few minutes of trying to adjust to the petite new body before he felt properly at home in it.

From there, the night took off beautifully, and he fluttered between potential targets with light, feathery steps, falling comfortably into the feminine role as deal after deal was sealed. Eagerly taking more risks and having a bit more fun as the night wore on and the party surrounding him took off to new heights.

The culmination of which saw Crowley staggering through the side door of a tavern as it wound down for the evening, with one broken shoe, a shirt with an awkwardly-broken strap, and skin-tight trousers that were still partially unbuttoned. He was faintly aware that the meatsuit's nose was bleeding, and he wiped it gingerly, turning just in time to avoid the door slamming open again to allow a lumbering drunk to sway out of the club.

A good sense of danger was a necessity for any demon that wanted to thrive in Hell, and Crowley knew already that this probably wasn't going to end well. Before the man had managed to formulate and spit out any more than "You bitch-", Crowley had already extended one hand, shoving him mentally against the opposite alley wall. His head hit the brick with a wet kind of crack, and the demon prowled closer to the body, listening as the heartbeat slowed. "Well," He purred, crouching to grab the man's wallet (oh, he couldn't resist) and snatching the available bills, "that was stupid of you, wasn't it?" Crowley stood up straight again, fumbling with his broken high heel and tossing it aside with a heavy sigh. "Oh, I don't miss that, let me tell you. Men's clothes, darling. Infinitely more comfortable."

Stretching languidly, Crowley dragged his hands through his unfamiliar hair, chuckling when they caught on a number of hellish tangles, as well as one or two patches of questionable substances. Shrugging a shoulder and nudging up the side of his shirt that lacked a strap, the demon cracked the meatsuit's neck languorously, then addressed the rest of the cramped, piss-scented alleyway with renewed vitality, detecting an unexpected presence. "He's not dead, in case you care." He called, gesturing to the unconscious man.

Note: Crowley's currently in a female body. I'm just using male pronouns for simplicity's sake.

Samus Aran likes this.
  2. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Genetically Altered Human
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "...Wasn't going to report you for dealing with some trash anyway." Samus was dressed in a pair of shorts and tank top with what looked like a sports jacket thrown on top, an outfit that would have made her fit in quite well if not for the very obvious pistol attached to her hip, along with a strange spherical necklace hanging off a chain around her neck. Despite having witnessed the odd display of psychic or kinetic abilities from her position at the Tavern's entrance, Samus didn't seem worried over how dangerous this woman was. She looked at the drunken man on the ground and snorted, but then walked over to him and nudged him onto his side with her boot. It'd be kind of sad if he choked on his own puke in a smelly alley.

"He knew what he signed up for when he went drinking in Blackhaven. You look like you've been through more than enough shit for one night though," she said, looking back at Crowley. "You alone?"

Crowley likes this.
  3. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Gee, thanks officer." Crowley cooed, offering a thin smirk. The lipstick was smudged, but it was late and the demon had never claimed to be perfect. It was hard to keep a full face of makeup intact and in the right places.

Blue eyes flicked down to the gun the stranger was boasting, then back up to her face, looking for any sign of trouble in her expression. Crowley doubted it, given that the woman was concerned enough to shove the drunk into a half-assed recover position.

"I don't have to be." Crowley said lewdly, casting an over the shoulder look back at the door to the tavern. A lecherous grin spread over the demon's expression before refocusing on the blonde. "But, yeah. S'pose I am at the moment. Does that matter? Oh, are you going to arrest me?" The lewd grin snuck back as petite wrists were held out. "Do be gentle, officer."

@Samus Aran

4. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Samus wasn't so out of practice with talking to people that she couldn't tell when someone was trying to manipulate her, or at least stroke her ego to get something out of her. This approach was a little more direct than she expected, however. Just what kind of seduction attempt was this?

"...I haven't been an officer in about 7 years," she said with a slight smile. "I'm not here to arrest anyone, unless..." She grabbed one of Crowley's wrists, though her grip wasn't very tight. "You've got a bounty on your head you wanted to tell me about. Maybe over a drink?" She was bored and wanted a distraction, even if it was for only a few hours. And on some level, she really was worried that a much less drunk person would show up and actually hurt this woman, strange abilies or not.

Crowley likes this.
  5. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

So the officer wasn't an officer. That was a clever twist, wasn't it? With a tilted head, Crowley smiled blandly, making no move to yank away when the stranger latched onto one of the vessel's wrists. "Well, off hand I don't think so, but it's been a busy night and I'm not fully up to date on Pandora's deviancy laws, so I might have a hell of a bounty by morning." The demon mused with a slow, spreading grin. "You'll just have to wait and see."

The offer of a drink was another surprise, but Crowley took it in stride, nodding eagerly. It would be more amusing than going back into the bar, after all. And probably less likely to do permanent damage to the meatsuit, whose nose was still bleeding slightly. "Drinks are good. Somewhere else, though. That place is fucking dull." A vague wave at the door communicated the demon's thoughts and with a twist of the wrist, Crowley grabbed the woman's arm as well and hauled her out of the alley.

"'Cross the road'll do, yeah? They don't close 'til dawn anyway."

@Samus Aran

Samus Aran likes this.
  6. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Maybe it's a good thing that I was around to keep an eye on you. It'd be a shame if you ended up in jail the next morning, it's apparently not very comfortable." Samus looked back at the bar, where no one else seemed interested in coming out to see what happened. Good. "Though I do wonder who you've pissed off already tonight..." She looked surprised for a moment or two as the woman took her arm and pulled her in a direction, but she didn't resist either. She could respect that level of confidence in someone.

"Across the road is it," she said, matching strides with her. There were more than enough small bars scattered around Blackhaven to keep a person well occupied. "Do you have a name, Miss Deviant?"

7. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Wouldn't be the first time." Crowley chuckled in good humor. Mind you, the only time Crowley ended up in that kind of jam was when Crowley wanted to be in that kind of jam. Which wasn't often, but it was nice to shake things up now and then. Twisting around to flash a broad grin at the stranger, the demon winked. "Oh, all sorts." Purring in a self-satisfied tone, vivid blue eyes flicked back to the tavern they were walking away from. "You know how it goes. Things get a little wild and suddenly it all goes right to Hell."

This was nice. It was a good break from the shitshow in Misty Hollow, and Crowley pushed open the door of the new seedy bar eagerly, releasing the woman's arm and absently adjusting the torn shoulder strap of what had been a bloody expensive top, glancing down for the sake of ensuring some decency was being maintained. Not that anyone in Blackhaven was likely to give a damn if Crowley waltzed in buck naked, as long as the drinks were paid for.

"Name's Crowley, love. And who're you? Up to no good, I suppose, if you're around these parts. 'Specially this late at night." The demon hopped onto a barstool and tapped the counter impatiently, drawing the bartender over immediately. God, being a woman did make this easier, didn't it? "Something vapid, if you don't mind. Gaudy as sin. I expect your finest tiny umbrella." Crowley announced, then glanced at Stranger Danger.

"What do you want? My dime, darling."

@Samus Aran

Samus Aran likes this.
  8. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "I'm Samus," she said. "I live in Blackhaven and I'm up most nights anyway doing some kind of job. Bars like these remind me of how it was back at home." Moving from place to place, digging up information in less than reputable dives, wasting time between missions by drinking... She was fairly sure it was too late to preserve much of Crowley's dignity at this point, but she was compelled to take her own jacket off anyway and drape it over the other woman's shoulders before sitting down beside her. Huh, the Federation military men really did rub off on her more than she thought. "On your dime? And to think I was taking you out..." This was getting more interesting.

"Whatever you think is the strongest back there," she told the bartender, glancing at the collection of bottles behind the counter. "I want a glass of that."

Crowley likes this.
  9. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Yeah? You come from a hovel like this?" Crowley gestured around them with a smile that allayed at least some of the mocking bite to the words spoken. Blue eyes widened slightly when Samus's coat dropped over the demon's shoulders, the gesture rather unheard of not only in Blackhaven, but in Crowley's life altogether. Rubbing a finger over the seam of the jacket, surprised silence reigned for a few moments. "I didn't agree to that. I just let you pick the place, love." The demon mused with an amused smirk, resting an elbow on the bar. Chin propped in hand, the demon quirked a brow. "I didn't realize you were into chivalry." Crowley purred.

Attention diverted to what the bartender was doing, Crowley eyed the drink being mixed with interest. Whatever it was, judging by the copious amounts of gin involved, it was designed to euthanize a small horse. In other words,
    perfect. Or, it was perfect until Crowley recognized the amber liquid being poured for Samus. "Oh, I didn't realize there was firewhisky here." Lacquered lips pulled downward into a petulant frown. "I figured they'd have run out months ago. Bollocks." When the drinks were slid across to them, Crowley poked at the blue, umbrella'd monstrosity with disappointment, then sighed dramatically. "Are you trying to show off? What, with asking for the strongest they've got?" The demon inquired thoughtfully, absently tugging up the strapless side of the shirt again before giving up and casually nudging Samus's jacket over the indiscretion. It was good enough.

"Or d'you have some kind of resistance? Like me?" Grinning suddenly, Crowley knocked back the entirety of the blue drink in one go, grimacing only at the end of it. "Oh, that was sour. Didn't expect sour."

@Samus Aran

Samus Aran likes this.
  10. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Metroid

Bounty Hunter
    Race:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    "Well, you'd be surprised at the amount of hovels you can find in space. Places like these seem to be a universal concept. I don't stand out as much here." It turned out that aliens wanted to forget things via alcohol too. For a few seconds, she thought that her move to help Crowley had upset her, but maybe she just wasn't expecting it. "Wouldn't exactly call it chivalry..." she said, looking at something across the bar. It definitely was not because she didn't want to meet Crowley's eyes. "It just seemed right." At the end of the day, no matter how bad the collateral damage around her might be or how "ruthless" she seemed, Samus did the right thing. Or at least that's what she told herself.

"Huh, I had no idea you were into the harder drinks," she said, taking the very concentrated brown liquid for herself. She drained it in about three seconds before carefully setting the glass down. "... If I don't get the strongest, I might as well drink juice. It'd probably taste better." She smiled back. "Things like beer and wine take forever to sink in. Same with poisons and drugs. Normal doses of them, anyway. I end up carrying most of my drinking partners back home when they pass out from trying to "beat" me."

11. Crowley

Crowley Supernatural

Deal-Maker
    Race:
    Demon
    Alignment:
    Neutral Evil
    Directory:
    link

"Space?" Crowley leaned forward curiously, head tilted to the side and eyes wide with thoughtful intent. "No wonder you're so friggin' decent. You're not from Earth." With a toss of the head, Crowley released a bark of laughter, delighted by the dumb joke. After a moment, the demon's expression sobered and regained a certain amount of levity despite the smirk continuing to twitch upwards. Humming thoughtfully, Crowley plucked at the jacket, adjusting it to a better position. "Well, it's chivalry to me."

For a moment, an expression of mild offense appeared, but it didn't last long. It only took a glance downward at the unfamiliar lithe, small body to remind Crowley that, at the moment, there was nothing about the demon that looked even remotely at home tossing drinks back like they were water. Waving for the bartender, Crowley grinned. "Two more firewhiskeys. Big ones." Winking at the unnerved man, the demon turned back to Samus, crossing one leg over the other and leaning heavily against the counter, relying on the jacket now for any semblance of decency. "Bet I can surprise you, love. I'm not what you'd call normal either." Crowley purred, issuing the challenge with a devious gleam of the eye.

"Two peas in a pod, aren't we? Seem normal enough 'til you let a closer look." The bartender set down the new drinks and Crowley immediately grabbed one, tapping it against the bar before lazily knocking it back in one go. Gingerly licking the excess away, the demon grinned. "Your turn. Don't worry about the expense. I've got it covered. It's been a lucrative night."

@Samus Aran

Samus Aran likes this.