By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Lukewarm Reception

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Momo Yaoyorozu, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Momo Yaoyorozu

Momo Yaoyorozu My Hero Academia

April 20th

@Shoto Todoroki

Another work day had ended without much incident. Frankly, they had become progressively more stale. And without any crime to stop, the idea of living in the shoes of a commoner was turning out to be more work than anything else. The amount of people that were likely to cause trouble had probably not changed but the proportion of superpowered humans was considerably lower than what Momo was used to. The police could very easily handle that and thankfully it wasn't like she was the only hero around here. That was a relief, honestly.

Mostly because while making her way home, she was still wearing her orange uniform. Someone was there too and he looked a little lost. But not literally, more like he was stunned for whatever reason. While Momo was a little tired to prefer going to bed early, it was always worth checking the citizens' well-being. It was her job. And even if she couldn't use her quirk to fix everything she could at least inform about to more qualified people about their problems and offer emotional comfort. Not everything was punching bad guys, after all.

"Um, excuse me, sir? Are you lost?"

Shoto Todoroki likes this.
  2. Shoto Todoroki

Shoto Todoroki My Hero Academia

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Scorpio wasn’t doubting what he had done. Iida was an obstacle and his cause was right. That didn’t mean he wasn’t grappling with some emotions he wasn’t sure what to do with.

Watching Iida fall to the ground with his legs so mangled had hurt, no matter how important and justified it was. He knew Iida thought he was right, and so wasn’t trying to be a hinderance or anything. He just needed to be taken out.

It had been a snap decision, sending one of his sidekicks just to check on him in the hospital. He hadn’t actually talked to Iida or anything, but he was able to report that he’d been at least getting treatment. It... didn’t satisfy Scorpio to know.

For some reason he couldn’t place, the idea of finding another victim that night didn’t seem appealing. He told his main sidekicks to do it themselves, splitting off from them while still in uniform. He still couldn’t be discovered.

He didn’t really have a plan or anything, just wandering until he stumbled across some small, slightly wooded area. It wasn’t exactly a park, but it was pretty, and there were benches he could sit on.

Plopping himself down, he found himself in a somewhat familiar position: sitting and staring at his hands, as if he’d discover something about himself if he examined them hard enough.

Just like the last time he was in this position, he was suddenly surprised by someone approaching him, at least they were friendly.

Scorpio jumped slightly and glanced over, eyes widening and mouth falling open as he recognized who it was. When had Yaoyorozu been brought here?!

It took Scorpio a few seconds to get back on track, glancing back down at his hands. “I’m fine,” he replied, gruffly, “just... thinking.”

Momo Yaoyorozu likes this.
  3. Momo Yaoyorozu

Momo could feel something was wrong. Maybe it was what little experience she had had when helping people in danger but the general demeanor of the stranger didn't put her at ease. The somber attitude of the man hid something and chances were it wasn't anything good.

But that's why she was here and even if she felt tired after her shift, she would resolve this situation in the smoothest way she could. Perhaps her fears were unfounded and the stranger needed nothing more than simple reassurance.

"If you need someone to talk to, I would be willing to lend an ear. It's the least I can do."

4. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Yaoyorozu obviously couldn't see Scorpio's extreme skepticism that painted his face. It wasn't that he thought badly of her, she just wasn't awake like he was. Whatever she said, it'd be lacking the true understanding he had.

Although, perhaps that would be a useful perspective to have.

Slowly, he turned his face away from her and looked up at the sky in thought. Finally, he asked, "have you been here long? Have you had anyone suddenly disappear on you? Does it hurt to know that those you care about might just leave you without a word?"

5. Momo Yaoyorozu

Momo smiled at the question the stranger posed. She wanted to make sure her presence was soothing and she thankfully had some idea of how to help keep those feelings of despair under control. Pandora, as interesting and exciting as it could be, wasn't home and everyone was stuck on the same boat, not knowing if they would ever get to see their friends and family again.

"Long? No, I can't say it's been more than a month."

It was still long enough to worry everyone that knew her. She trusted them—if anyone could find a way to take Momo out of Pandora, it would be someone from prestigious UA High School—but the truth of the matter was she was alone. However, even in such a situation, she could find a motivator to keep moving forward. And encourage others to do the same.

"Yes, it pains me to think about the suffering my disappearance brought them. But I made a promise, that I would become a great hero. I'm not the only one lost here and I wouldn't be much of a hero if I didn't help them out. My friends would want me to do that."

6. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

"A month, huh?" Scorpio repeated, softly. It wasn't a surprise he missed her entrance, then. He had more important things to do than pay attention to things wearing his friends faces appearing. Well, he wasn't that close to Yaoyorozu, but close enough to know that he didn't want to get close in Pandora.

His scrutinizing gaze was hidden under his mask, but he stared at Yaoyorozu, looking for any sign that she was trying to just hide her real reaction to this place. Bravely accepting and moving on just seemed like a stupid and sad way to deal with all the bullshit.

"And what if you were given the power to change it?" he asked, "what if you've found a better purpose than just waiting for everything to fix itself? Wouldn't that be worth everything? It'd fix this problem for everyone, wouldn't it?"

7. Momo Yaoyorozu

Momo looked back at the street she had come from. The frustration this situation had brought the stranger was almost palpable but it was also completely understandable. What wouldn't anyone here give to change things? Her wish to become a symbol of peace so citizens wouldn't get frustrated was starting to sound a little too naive.

But the truth of the matter was no one had much of a choice. Moving on was the only course of action that allowed any kind of decent life here. Maybe it was worth listening to someone else's perspective, just to see if there was anything she was missing.

"A better purpose? What do you mean exactly? Do you have a plan to get out of here?"

8. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Scorpio wasn't so deluded to assume that Yaoyorozu would be very pleased to hear what he'd been up to since meeting Joker. She wasn't awake to the truth, and he wasn't capable of the kinds of things Joker and Aquarius could do. So, she'd probably just be mad when she learned what was going on, and he wasn't in the mood to fight another old friend. Not while Iida was still in the hospital, at least.

"You could say that," he hedged, slightly, "it's not a glamorous job, but if it ends with people being freed from this hell, then it has to be worth it."

9. Momo Yaoyorozu

The stranger had a very interesting pitch. An end to the nightmare. Of course, fixing something so easily all by himself made Momo doubt his claims a little, she wasn't dumb and the guy still sounded off somehow. But hope wasn't something she would let cynicism take away from her.

"I can be of help. What do you need?"

10. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

At Yaoyorozu’s offer, Scorpio tilted his head slightly. Softly, he said, “oh, did I make it sound like I was working on my own? I have sidekicks, I just sent them to work without me tonight so I could think.”

He knew Yaoyorozu hadn’t had the truth revealed to her yet, so telling her what was really going on would be a bad idea. Though, maybe if it was revealed, she could become a vital part of Joker’s plans.

“If you would like to join, though, you could make your own wish.” If she would call Joker, then maybe he’d be able to keep her from disappearing, and Scorpio wouldn’t have to worry about another person.

11. Momo Yaoyorozu

So it was a joint effort? Somehow that made it sound more appealing to Momo. A group working together to selflessly achieve a common goal made her feel homesick. It was exactly the kind of thing she hoped to achieve. She wasn't completely sold on the idea just yet, however, specially since the stranger was now confusing her with whatever this "wish" he mentioned was supposed to mean.

"...my wish? Freeing people would be enough for me." she blinked a few times as she struggled to find something whatever she had obviously missed in the conversation. "I apologize. I'm not quite sure I understand what you are getting at. Wouldn't that be your wish too?"

12. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It was subtle, how Scorpio cheered up when Yaoyorozu agreed that she'd want to get everyone out of Pandora if she could. He liked knowing that some of his friends still prioritized what was most important.

"A wish," Scorpio confirmed, "it is how you can join. When you call Joker, my friend, and make a wish, he can tell if you'd fit in well, and I'm sure you would. I wished for friends who wouldn't leave, and now I have them. Then, I was given the chance to save everyone trapped here."

13. Momo Yaoyorozu

"I see." Momo answered, weakly.

The wish wasn't as innocent as it seemed, just as Momo had expected. Some kind of test given out by this "Joker"... it just didn't sound good. The promise of loyal friends was very tempting which just added to overall uneasiness Momo felt. Hopefully she was just misinterpreting things.

"You have a lot of faith in me, it seems."

14. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Scorpio was quite oblivious to Yaoyorozu's growing unease. He was too busy thinking of how great it'd be to have someone he knew was smart and capable join the Circle. She'd definitely do better than Naoto, he was sure of it. She wouldn't abandon them.

"Of course I do," he replied, blithely, "just like I believed you'd make a good class president."

15. Momo Yaoyorozu

The hairs on the back of Momo's neck stood up with such force it put Kirishima's quirk to shame. Her face, however, remained serene. Somewhat. It would have been obvious to anyone she was having some trouble actually processing this.

It was sensitive information not just anyone from her world knew about. There was really only one person that could say those words and mean them. Momo pursed her lips as if doubting what she was about to say. Like the insane possibility it was. And yet...

"...Shoto?"

16. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Scorpio glanced back over at Yaoyorozu and tilted his head slightly when she identified who he used to be. When did she find out he'd been the one to vote for her? And why did she sound so shocked? He'd expected her to be pleased to know he believed in her.

There was a pause as the two looked at each other, Scorpio's head still tilted. Eventually, he turned away, staring straight again. "My name is Prince Scorpio now," he replied.

17. Momo Yaoyorozu

Momo almost wanted to laugh after seeing just how determined Shoto was to ignoring his own name. She also felt tremendously relieved after seeing a good friend of hers was here with her but that fleeting relief only made the fact that he wasn't acting like himself all the more troubling. It was completely ridiculous. Going from the guy that didn't want a codename to claiming one was more valid than his own name... that simply wasn't him.

"No, that's not true. Your name is Shoto." she insisted, getting closer to remove his mask.

18. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It was hard to see what was going on in his peripheral, so Yaoyorozu managed to get pretty close before Scorpio even noticed what she was doing. It didn't help that he was too distracted by how frustrated he was by her bringing up who he was.

"No, I am Scorpio," he insisted, "Shoto couldn't do anything. He was a pathetic child wishing for things without any hope. I am more than that, I-" he suddenly glanced over at Yaoyorozu, suddenly spotting her going for his mask.

Without hesitation, he raised his right arm and grabbed hers, the temperature already dropping as he gripped it. "What the hell are you doing?!" he demanded.

19. Momo Yaoyorozu

"D-don't do this, please. You are not even supposed to use your quirk outside the school grounds!"

20. Shoto Todoroki

Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

There was a brief moment of quiet as Scorpio processed Yaoyorozu's words. Slowly, bewildered, he replied, "that's... not actually the case here."