HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Magnus, Dr. Helen Magnus

Discussion in 'Misty Hollow' started by Helen Magnus, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 22nd, Year 7
    There was a limit to how much time Helen could tolerate being in one place, back in her own world she was hoping to new countries every few weeks. She had been stuck in one city for a month now. Pandora was going to make her go a bit stir crazy she felt if it didn't expand a few continents but hopefully for the next 20 or so years the few places that were here would keep her occupied. If they were stuck here that long. Besides, the holidays were coming up and they never failed to make her miserable since her daughter had died. Any amount of satisfying her curiosity and keeping her from thinking about Ashley was a saving grace in her books. Misty Hollow seemed to be just the sort of place Helen could find the curious. The whole town had to be protected by a magical barrier just to keep the evil spirits out. Helen didn't know about spirits just yet but she knew well enough about abnormals and if it was a hot spot of bizarre activity it was a hot spot for abnormals.

It was a quick trip using the fast travel mirrors, in fact it was rather nice since Helen could just spend the weekend here in town and be back in Pandora Town by Monday for work and of course, Christmas. She had to give Nikola her gift for the holidays, she was all she had here in Pandora and damn if she continued their long drawn out dance of flirtation and betrayal. She couldn't control Nikola stabbing her in the back again at some point or even ripping out her throat but she could take the higher road and refuse to hurt him this time. They were doing so well too, getting along less like cats and dogs and more like two civilized friends who had adored each other once upon a time. As Helen walked through the chilly streets she kept an eye out for a few of the local kids building a snowman, it never failed, more so around the holidays to make her miss Ashley more and more. A constant haunting ghost, a force that despite being over 100 years for her now still stung like a hot iron through her heart.

There was a local bar or pub as she would have called it back in London. Walking up to it she took a quick glance inside, not many people inside on a Friday afternoon. Opening the door she walked inside, unzipping her black leather jacket and slipping it off her lithe shoulders before walking up to the bar and in that classical elegant old Victorian English accent placed her typical sort of order. "Would you happen to have a cup of tea?" Oh Helen, Dr. Helen Patricia Magnus, you couldn't have been any more English had you followed it with 'god save the Queen.' The bartender answered her with a rather quick response of no. Ah, of course not, this wasn't a diner, this was a bar. Finding a decent cup of tea could be a devil anyways. "I'll take a glass of Sauvignon blanc or Moscato depending on your selection." Nikola was a fan of the red wine, Helen was more keen on the white. She wouldn't snub her nose to either if the vintage was right. Of course in a small town her choice of a nice white wine wouldn't go unnoticed. Helen just couldn't bring herself to sample a stout ale unless she was in the UK.

With her glass of wine she nodded her head at the bartender and took a sip just to taste it, not the best, but it wasn't the worst either. "Thank you." Even if she was pretty certain the wine was neither sauvignon blanc or moscato at least it was white so they had that much going for them. Helen took a seat at the bar, resting her jacket over the back of the stool and sitting down with her legs crossed and back straight. No matter how many years you put between her and the Victorian era, that time of stiff corsets and ruffled dresses Helen would never recover or regain the ability to just slouch. In fact, she may likely have never slouched in her life considering her social status. She would have looked more at place in a fancy party with socialites rather than a small town bar but Helen never fit in anywhere. Where could a 272 year old doctor, scientist, and highly trained field agent fit in anyways?

@Chief Jim Hopper

Chief Jim Hopper likes this.
  2. Chief Jim Hopper

Chief Jim Hopper Stranger Things

Misty Hollow Defender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    After a long day at work, it was time to hit the bar before going home. His routine in Pandora wasn't nearly as destructive as it had been in Hawkins. Oh no, with Eleven around, he wasn't about to let himself become a drunk mess again. This place was too dangerous for that. The bar was the only place he trusted, really, but even that he was on guard. At least when people are drunk, they had a tendency to be more honest. Most folks who hung at the bar in Pandora were either mourning family or just trying to find a good time in all this chaos. That wasn't too much to ask, right? It seemed that no matter where people came from, drinking had a way of helping people no matter what they're species. (He'd gone drinking with a raccoon so by now he was pretty sure some things were just universal).

He'd gotten to leave a little early today, which was nice. Things were wrapping up with Christmas approaching. Fortunately everything was finally settling down. The Snow Ball dance had been a success and he'd gotten many thanks for suggesting the idea. It had been a nice break from the usual worrying. However, once he'd returned to work the following day, a staff meeting had been called about defenders being taken from Pandora. Hopper himself had been noticing the thinning out of the force since the fae threat. Either they were deserting or disappearing, it didn't matter. And with winter coming, they needed people. Haldir had been absent for a while too, which only left more questions unanswered. It felt like Hopper never got to spend time with El anymore with how busy he had become and how tired he felt. Still, there was work to be done and the defenders needed him. He just hoped once they recruited more people he could lay off a bit. Hopper deserved a break.

He was finishing up his second beer. The first one he hadn't even noticed, there was so much on his mind. It was around that time that a newcomer entered the bar. Hopper knew this because at this point, everyone knew him and he knew everyone. Misty Hollow seemed big, but there was a pretty steady group of people who had been hanging around. He happened to overhear her talking to the bartender, asking for some kind of fancy wine or a cup of tea. It was hard to not laugh out loud since she seemed to be serious. Did this look like some kind of ritzy place? Either she was from Pandora Town, since that was the only place in Pandora that could possibly have either of those at a bar, or she was fresh to the world. Hopper's companion looked in her direction too, a grin on his face.

"Nice talking to you again, Phil," Hopper said, patting him on the back. "But I gotta play Officer Friendly for a little bit and welcome the new gal."

"Alright, takecare," the other said, giving him one of those knowing looks before turning to someone next to him.

Taking his half finished beer with him, Hopper walked over, a small on his face. He was still in his defenders uniform, but had taken his hat off. (After all it was impolite someone from the 1800s had decided or something). Approaching the woman, he said, "I couldn't help but overhear you were looking for tea. You could probably find some at the grocery store, but you're not gunna find it here."

"Figure you're new and would say hello. I'm officer Hopper, but you can call me Jim." He extended a hand.

Helen Magnus likes this.
  3. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 22nd, Year 7
    At least Helen was able to get a hold of a nice glass of white wine, it wasn't the best but she could drink it. Sitting there with her legs crossed Helen looked exactly how one would expect of some high class heiress but without a lot of the downfalls like an ego or attitude. How had Helen avoided arrogance and an ego? Simple, she was as sensible as she was brilliant. Nobody trusted, loved, or even followed someone they couldn't love. Someone they felt didn't care about them. There was that certain something about Helen that made her give twice as much as she got from others. Who were you but the people behind you? listening to someone approach her from behind Helen spun around on the bar stood and took another sip of her wine, a pleasant smile on her face.

"Oh, that is quite alright, a little wine never harmed anyone, besides I find most tea at stores aren't as strong as I am used to." Helen was English, she liked her tea black. It had to be something worth drinking, something to wake you up and give you a boost through your day. A lot of people preferred white and green teas and though Helen would drink them if she was in the mood a proper black tea was always her go to. Helen took his hand and shook it firmly, the sort of proper and good hand shake one would expect from a political figure. "Dr. Helen Magnus." She replied with that lovely lyrical English accent. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance Officer Hopper, I'm sorry, Jim." Helen had a little pact to always call people by their preferred names or titles. "You can call me Helen."

Since they were on a first name basis it was only fair. "I've come in from Pandora Town for a few days. Inspecting some of your mysterious sightings and events that have unfolded around here. They peaked my curiosity as a scientists who specializes in the strange and unusual. I figured what better place than the local watering hole to find a few leads and what do you know fate graced me with luck. As an officer in Misty Hollow you must have a grand array of tales to share about this place." There was almost a musical way in which Helen spoke, not only in her accent but the words she picked, they way she changed her tone. One might have figured Helen was the sort of person who could belt an amazing tune even if she would inform you that it was wrong to assume so.

@Chief Jim Hopper

4. Chief Jim Hopper

Misty Hollow Defender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Well this woman was all kinds of classy. It showed all the subtle ways that women had. Their manners, the way they'd comb their hair, their poise, their outfit....Hell, even her accent screamed proper. Hopper was introducing himself to a high society type of woman, though minus the arrogance. That was something Hopper had always hated was the chicks who would think they were too good for everyone else because of their fancy shmancy lifestyle. No, this woman didn't appear to have any of that in her, at least not from what he could tell. Their handshake was steady and sincere, a good start. Something about her told him that this was a woman who could handle herself no matter if she was in another dimension or not. He liked it. She seemed to be confident, which stood out in a place where so many had lost their way coming to this new world.

"Nice to meet you too, Helen," Hopper echoed back with a smile. "I'm not much of a wine guy myself." Helen was pretty too and looked closer to his age than most of the people showing up around here. She wasn't a firecracker like Emma had been, but definitely had a spark going for her.

He pulled up a seat next to her clasping his hands together. "Well, you came to the right place. Misty Hollow sees plenty of action. As for what you'll see here, take your pick." Leaning back, he counted on his fingers. "I've seen ghosts, demogorgons, killer tree monsters, faeries, elves...Anything you have in mind, there's a chance I've seen it. I have to say, though, Pandora keeps the surprises coming."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  5. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 22nd, Year 7
    She gave a nod of her head, not everyone could appreciate wine, Tesla certainly did. He enjoyed wine for everyone. "Nothing wrong with that, I've never been a fan of coffee myself." Helen's nose crunched up when she said the word. She had told Will once before that she had standards. Helen never had to hold the highest standards for everything. Coffee on the other hand was far bellow all of her standards. "I was hoping you would say that." She didn't seem like the sort bother by the strange and unusual. He had brought up everything he had seen, though most of them sounded familiar and even Helen had seen various forms of each she didn't know so much about the Demigorgon. "Surprises is my line of work along with the impossible to believe. You could consider me a bit of a scientist who specializes in the unusual. Granted it's a lot more common knowledge here unlike my own world. A large part of my job is keeping it a secret."

Taking another sip of her wine she crossed her legs and set her glass down. "The only thing I haven't heard of is a demigorgon. They aren't in Pandora are they?" She asked tilting her head to the side a little, blue eyes alive with that curious and childlike spark she got when discovering a new abnormal. Of course it was usually cut short when the new abnormal tried to chew off her arm or take out a member of her team. It was clear that Hopper had been in Pandora longer than she had been though. His insight would be valuable to her, especially considering she wanted to go outside the barrier and into the forest. "You know." She shifted in her seat a little and moved forward closer to him. "I was thinking about heading out into the forest just outside the barrier. Perhaps you can give me some pointers on traversing around there. I've been told with great detail that it can be a little dangerous. Not that danger has ever given me too much trouble."

6. Chief Jim Hopper

Misty Hollow Defender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Shit. She didn't like coffee. This was already starting off bad. But hey, he could deal with that right? One certainly didn't have to live with coffee....he just happened to be one who couldn't live without. After all, coffee was the reason he didn't punch his secretary in the face in the morning by telling him he had a case of the Mondays. Jesus that had gotten old fast. Thank God he didn't have a secretary in Pandora and understood that he had a mourning routine.

The conversation shifted fortunately. He couldn't help but feel it was ironic that she was here in Pandora. "You're going to have plenty of job security in Pandora. Everything about it is unusual. In my world, this kind of stuff was impossible too. That is, until a kid went missing due to some science experiment gone wrong. That's pretty much how I ended up here."

That was all so long ago now. So much had happened since. And now all the kids were here oddly enough. Life was funny like that. At least in Pandora, it was easier to just have a "screw it" attitude when every day your life could fall apart.

"Oh they're in Pandora alright. They aren't common though. A demogorgon is this monster with a face shaped like a flower, only with lots of teeth. It's face opens up. Pretty gross." Hopper leaned on the bar counter. "I'd say don't tangle with them. Guns take a while to kill them and they move fast. If you can kill them though, more power to you. They aren't friendly."

The woman moved a little closer to him. Hopper could feel a line of sweat run down his back. Forget the hating coffee thing. He could ignore that for now. There was an alluring look in her eyes, though it wasn't due to anything traditionally sexy. No, this came from her genuine curiosity and excitement. She was probably crazy for being into all this monster shit, but hey, who was he to judge at this point? Monsters were his every day life now.

Hopper licked his lips, his mouth suddenly dry. "Here's your recommendation: Don't go out there. It's not safe." His face grew a bit more serious. Suddenly he had the urge for another drink.

"Hey, could you hit me up with a beer?" He asked the tender, avoiding Helen's eyes in case she could read them.

Helen Magnus likes this.
  7. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 22nd, Year 7
    "I hope the poor child was found. That is why I am so leery of government run research facilities. They seldom know what they are actually dealing with and as soon as trouble arises my crew is called in to clean up the mess. It's best they leave the abnormals to those who have spent their lifetime studying them. Risking countless lives, there is no excuse for it." Helen had lived long enough to see them create horrible weapons. The atom bomb had been the tip of the iceberg. If that alone hadn't been an unsettling concept. Helen had advised not to drop it in order for America to end the war but what do you know, they hadn't listened to her and innocent people had paid for it dearly. "Nothing against you of course." Unless he had been apart of that experimentation. He didn't seem the sort and Helen was good at reading people.

It was obvious Helen perked up even more when he mentioned these creatures were here in Pandora. "They sound fascinating, I wonder if the stunner rounds on the Magnus slingers would take them out. They work on steno's which have a high resistance for pain. I've found they have been effective on most creatures we have encountered aside from those with natural armor." Helen could think of those few larger heavily armored creatures that hadn't been taken out with stun rounds. If she could get Nikola to redesign the weapons Helen was almost confident she would be able to capture a demidog alive. "I seldom use standard bullets to bring something down. They tend to kill the creatures I bring in well and alive."

You couldn't learn much from a dead specimen. Some things certainly but not enough on a creatures natural behavior. "I would like to observe them at some point, see what I could learn from a new species." It was what Helen did, once she had the facility for one she could even capture one alive and bring it back for further detailed observations. Helen just had to learn about it's environment first so she could recreate it in captivity. Hopper warned her about going out into the woods. Informed her that it wasn't safe. Helen tilted her head to the side a little and took another sip of wine before setting her glass down once more. "I don't think I've known a safe day in my life, you know my staff always told me I needed a day off every now and again but I think if I didn't have an adventure to go on I'd get bored too quickly."

It was easy to assume Helen couldn't handle herself, she was rather feminine first of all, the sort who wore nice heels and well tailored skirts and shirts. She was also a scientist, people assumed brainy girls like her were all intellect and no fight. Last of all Helen was charming and British, not the sort you felt would run around the field kicking ass and taking names. You'd expect her to run a fundraiser and attend high society parties which she could also do. "Few places I have gone have ever been safe, though normally I'd never go alone. Unfortunately I am short staffed and I try to avoid bringing Nikola Tesla along with me for every little thing. He can get rather....shall we say enthusiastic?"

8. Chief Jim Hopper

Misty Hollow Defender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "None taken," Hopper replied. "I wouldn't consider myself much of a professional anyhow. It's kind of a learn-as-you-go approach around here." That was an understatement. Pandora didn't have any rules. One minute someone is telling you silver bullets worked and the next they didn't. It was completely insane. He'd spent enough time here that he was used to not knowing everything and accepted he never will. Just take one day at a time and go with your gut. That's what Hopper felt was the right approach anyway. Anything more would drive a man insane. And frankly, he'd already seen that happen.

When she started talking technically, Hopper just nodded his head as he listened, trying his best to appear like he understood. It was pretty obvious he didn't. "Er yeah, you could try that," Hopper replied. "Thankfully they don't have armor. But they're pretty tough. Haven't found a stunner yet to try."

"I've killed enough with regular bullets at least," Hopper added. "It's a bit old fashioned by Pandora's ways, but it gets the job done in a pinch."

Boy, this woman certainly had a thing for monsters. She seemed like a researcher of some kind, but sheesh. He wouldn't want to get near those things with a ten foot pole let alone try to poke it to study it. Hell, the only poking a demigorgon deserved was a good stab in the head. But clearly Helen was determined and if he knew anything about determined women, there wasn't much use in telling them no when they got going.

"You aren't going to be bored here, that is for sure."
    Hopper let out a short laugh. "There's plenty of mayhem to go around. But I wouldn't recommend going about it alone."

He adjusted himself a bit, smiling. "I mean if you need any protecting, it's sort of my job around here." He ignored the Nikola Tesla comment, whoever the hell that was. He just secretly hopped it didn't mean he was her boyfriend.

Shit, what if he was?

"Tesla? He your boyfriend or something?" He asked playfully, though now he was truly curious.

OOC: Sooooo sorry on the delay <3

9. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 22nd, Year 7
    When he mentioned he didn't have a stunner around to test out Helen smiled at him, that little air of flirtation in her eyes and the way she held her glass of wine. "Well Chief Hopper it's a shame I don't have one of my stunners with me right now. I didn't feel the need to pack anything heavy but now than I brought them up maybe I should drop off a few for you to play with." There was just something about the way Helen spoke that made her every word so interesting and alluring. Perhaps it was her British charm and then again maybe it was the fact she knew psychology so well, had been so well trained in dealing with people it was just second nature for her now.

"Nothing wrong with old fashioned, I tend to be a bit old fashioned myself." Try 1880's old fashioned at that. Nikola hounded and pestered her about being stuck in the past but the past had been where Helen was happy. He had mentioned this wasn't a place you could get bored with everything happening around here. It brought another smile to Helen's face, leaning in a bit closer to him again. "That is exactly why I came here. Seems the forest nearby forest has a whole host of beings I've never encountered before and I'd like to try my hand at learning everything I can about them." He had told her not to go at this alone and originally Helen hadn't wanted to but she didn't have a team just yet. Every time she went out it was on her own free time. It was possible to ask Nikola but he was often busy with his own work and Helen didn't care to burden him.

However Helen looked up at him when he offered to go out with her saying it was his job to keep people safe. "Ah, an offer for a guide and guardian. I've been known to handle myself fairly well but at the same time I know it's better to have two sets of eyes out in the field than just one. Better safe than caught unaware and alone in hostile territory." She gave a little nod of her head. "That's my way of saying I'd love to have you along." She went to take another sip of her wine, tipping the glass to her lips when he asked her about Nikola. Helen choked a little on her wine and put her hand over her mouth just in case she spit some out while choking. Swallowing it down hard Helen didn't actually know how to respond to the question. Some part of her instantly went to a yearning and wanting but the more practical side of her mind shut it down quickly.

"Oh good lord no." Helen coughed a bit, resting a hand on her chest a moment. "Sorry about that." She laughed a bit. "That question caught me a little off guard." Helen cleared her throat and set her glass of wine down before Hopper made her drop it. "Nikola and I are very old friends, best of friends really. We went to Oxford together. He's like a..." She couldn't say brother because that was a blatant lie. "Well, we have an interesting relationship he and I. It tends to perplex others. That tends to happen it seems when you know someone as long as we have known each other but as far as I go I am completely unattached to anyone right now, man or woman." Helen wasn't ashamed to admit she swung both ways either and even the way she had said it had an air of flirtation and charm to it.

10. Chief Jim Hopper

Misty Hollow Defender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "I'll take a stunner any day," he replied with a million dollar grin. She could interpret that how she wanted. He couldn't complain about acquiring a new weapon... or a friendly visitor. At least this appeared to be going smoothly. He suddenly became aware that they'd been sitting closer than when they'd first started talking. A good sign, though didn't necessarily mean anything. Besides, Hopper's intentions weren't exact to score. Eleven was home for Godssake. He was genuinely interested in what she had to say. Helen was more sophisticated than anyone else he'd encountered, especially in comparison to Hawkins. While he wasn't a fine wine and fancy dinners kind of guy, Hopper could at least appreciate a fine lady with a fine mind. This was the type of woman he wanted Eleven to grow up to be like. Independent and strong willed. A little reckless, but conservative. Determined. It would be interesting to see how things would play out for her. Whoever she became, though, Hopper would be there to support her. Maybe the two of them should meet...

When she accepted his offer, Hopper nodded. "Great. Give me a call sometime and I can take you on one of my rounds. Things have quieted down lately, but I can give you a little tour."

Helen's reaction to the boyfriend comment didn't quite work as expected, but he could read between the lines well enough. Definitely a touchy subject and not to bring up who he was. But at least he'd gotten his answer. She was single, but from the sounds of it, he was interested. No man stayed best friends with a woman for a long time without it swinging the other way by somebody. It was just a matter time. Hopper didn't really care about that though. If she said he was a friend, then he was going to go with it unless told otherwise.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have been prying," Hopper said. "Just making casual conversation." He didn't want to bring up Diane. She was from an old life and while he still thought of her, since coming to Pandora it'd been easier letting that go. Probably due to the fact that he didn't have the option of trying to crawl back. No, right now he was focused on taking care of Eleven and just getting by. It was a simple goal, but its what kept him going.

He leaned back a little bit. "Is it warm in here, or is it just me? Joe's probably got the heater on a little too high."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  11. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 22nd, Year 7
    "I'll keep you to that then." She smiled and raised her brow taking another sip from her wine. Perhaps sooner rather than later at that. Helen knew she would be working here quite often because of the unusual creatures that came to Silverwood and hung around Misty Hollow. "I'd love a tour as well, I feel like I've been stuck in Pandora Town for too long. Not that it's a small place but I'm use to it by now it feels small. Back in my own world I travel the world, almost on a weekly basis." Pandora was a little claustrophobic to her in that regards.

Helen shook her head when he said he shouldn't pry like that into her personal life, a little smile on her face. "It's quite alright, had I not wanted to say anything about it or felt your question was a little inappropriate I would have informed you. Believe me, I'm not a woman who keeps her opinions to herself nor do I stay quiet when I feel I'm being disrespected or otherwise." It was a trait that annoyed many, especially Will who could argue with her until the end of time. From the outside people would say Will had no respect for her or that he didn't like her but it was hard to tell with Will. If something was wrong with Helen or people were blaming her for something Will was always the first to her rescue.

Helen crossed her arms over her chest when he asked if it was warm in here. "A bit but I like it hot." Helen smirked. Damn her choice of words were sometimes wicked and she knew it. "I'm English, our winters were very mild. For some strange reason I made the choice to move to Canada however with their harsh winters." Though as far as she could tell it wasn't too warm and Helen still had her coat on. "But you do still have your jacket on, that isn't helping your cause." She figured he would need her contact information as well. Pulling out her card. "And if you ever have something strange and unusual happen around here that you need help with, feel free to give me a call. I know my way around strange and unusual."

12. Chief Jim Hopper

Misty Hollow Defender
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Hopper was glad the Nikola comment hadn't kicked them off to a bad start. Hopper had a tenancy to bungle things up once they got moving and a comment about a relationship could be all it took for a woman to turn away. But Helen definitely wasn't the kind to get deterred it seemed. He liked that about her. She knew what she wanted. Not a lot of women in his town had the kind of confidence she carried.

He mirrored her smile. She'd quickly recovered her "hot" comment with something about where she came from, but Hopper wasn't stupid. It just caused him to snort a little. "Yeah guess you're right. I was planning on heading out soon. Gotta put the kid to bed and all that." Eleven was old enough to go to bed by herself but they had a ritual before going to bed where they would say goodnight. If she was asleep by the time he got back, he would just peek through the door to make sure she was there. Ever since Mike had disappeared, he'd been extra careful to make sure she didn't disappear on him too.

After receiving the card, Hopper looked it over and put it in his pocket for later. Definitely something he might need in the future, especially if he needed help with some supernatural creature problems which seemed to have on a daily basis. "Thanks. Definitely something to keep in mind."

"Well I'm going to have to get going," Hopper said, standing up. The reminder of Eleven brought him back and he wanted to make sure she was fine. "But it was a pleasure meeting you, Dr. Magnus."

Helen Magnus likes this.
  13. Helen Magnus

Helen Magnus Guest

[​IMG]
    December 22nd, Year 7
    A little smile crossed Helen's face when he mentioned having to get his kid to bed. She could remember those days well, putting Ashley to bed and tucking her in with a bedtime story and a kiss. She missed those days, she missed just sitting at the end of her bed after a rough mission and holding a conversation. She missed working in her lab to be disturbed by a kiss on the cheek. She missed arguing with her about going out to the arms dealers too late at night in the wrong parts of the city, Helen just missed her daughter.

"Well you shouldn't keep them waiting too long then, I know too well, children have very short patience. It gets better, sort of." Helen laughed a little knowing Ashley never really became a patient person but at least Henry was. He got frustrated certainly but he could be very patient. She slipped off the stool and fixed her shirt a little before smoothing out her clothes and making herself presentable again. "I should get back to work, I'd like to say I was here on a holiday but that's never the case." If someone could manage to get her to drop work even for five seconds they were an impressive individual with the persuasion skills of a god.

With a polite nod of her head Helen smirked a little. "It was a pleasure to meet you as well Chief Hopper, I look forward to working with you in the future." Helen knew she should get moving along as well. She still had a few abnormals to track down and a few people to contact with aid in her Sanctuary. Misty Hollow was already turning out to be quite the hot spot for her brand of unusual and interesting. Helen was going to be coming here quite a lot and she knew she would be seeing Hopper again.