By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private make this chaos count

Discussion in 'Cosmic Wilderness' started by Connor, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Connor

Connor Detroit: Become Human

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

june 6 – @Rey Solo

Connor had to admit; for as miserable as the past few weeks had been, as terrible as the circumstances were that had brought them here, this planet they'd found was as close to paradise as he could have imagined. It was warm, lush with green jungle and colorful flora, and the land was edged with a stretch of near white sand that was soft underfoot. Gentle turquoise waves rolled up to the shore, beautiful and inviting.

Him and Rey had woken up earlier, and risen to find Kylo and Jaesa already out and likely exploring the island. He stood on the bridge, looking out at the place that surrounded them, observing it in the daylight for the first time. A content expression upturning his lips, he looked back to find Rey. "How do you feel? Up to go see more of this place?"

Rey Solo likes this.
  2. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey's sleep was much more settled that night than it had been in weeks. She had been able to get some rest, so while she still felt exhausted when she woke the next morning, she did feel a bit better. She doubted she could have felt worse, and certainly didn't want to imagine it, but she supposed it would take a long time for her to be able to recover properly.

She was wearing a light dress, one of the ones which Connor had managed to bring with him. It was comfortable, but it made her realise how much weight she had lost so quickly. While she didn't feel as conscious about it because of what Connor had said, she still felt strange. She didn't want to look and feel like she was back on Jakku portions.

Rey eventually found Connor up on the bridge and she moved slowly into it; she had not seen Jaesa or Kylo yet so had to assume they had already gone out, or maybe they were having a long lie in. It hardly mattered really. "I feel a little better." She could not say more than that before looking out to where Connor had been only moments before. The planet looked lovely and she could see the waves of the sea as well as the edges of the jungle.

"Could we go to the beach?" She asked him, with a small smile on her features.

Connor likes this.
  3. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

His smile widened at her words, and he gave a single nod. He counted it a good sign, that she was up for something, and stepped back in her direction. "Of course we can," he replied. His gaze moved over her form once, and though the way the dress fell on her thin body didn't go unnoticed, he was more taken by remembering afresh how relieved he was that she was there, with him, and that she was okay.

He walked back towards her and the exit, taking her by the hand as he did. "Anything you want to grab first?"

Rey Solo likes this.
  4. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey had not been outside the ship much since being rescued, but she was feeling a little more confident about going looking at what there was with Connor. This was about as safe as they were going to ever get. That thought made her feel a bit ill but she would learn to cope with it. She hoped that she would anyway.

Her hair ran loose over her shoulders and it shifted as she turned back to look up at Connor. When he mentioned if she needed anything she thought about it for a moment before nodding, "Just one moment." Before she returned to their room. It was still a little makeshift but it felt homely enough for them. Rey had found her belt while they had been unpacking and she hooked her saberstaff on it. Though she knew it had done her no good last time, she did not want to be without it, just in case.

Rey returned to Connor and extended her hand to him, smiling as gently as she could manage despite the bruise on her face, "Ready."

Connor likes this.
  5. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor waited just outside the room for Rey, and when she reemerged spotted the lightsaber hooked to her belt. He didn't mind at all, if it helped her feel safer. He supposed they couldn't be sure what they would find on this island.

He took her hand back, returning her expression before they turned to the exit of the ship, and soon walked out into the warm, sunny day. He had to squint a bit, adjusting to the brightness. He could hear the rolling waves immediately, and looked towards the beach that wasn't far off. "Remember the last time we were at a beach?" he asked, glancing towards Rey with a grin.

Rey Solo likes this.
  6. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey took Connor's hand and gave it a squeeze as they walked outside together. The heat hit her first of all and she let out a small gasp at the sensation of just how warm it was. Each movement she made was fairly cautious and measured, like she was looking out for each step and movement. She was wary about each unfamiliar sound but did not let it stop her from visiting the beach with Connor. However, each time she did get a little nervous she just squeezed his hand slightly, looking slightly embarrassed when she realised whatever it was, was nothing worth worrying over.

She smiled a little at the memory. That was the day she had really known how deep her feelings were for Connor, though she had not admitted them fully to herself or him at the time, worrying he might not reciprocate. That seemed a silly thing to think in comparison with where they were now.

"You'll have to stay with me this time- I can't follow you if you go wandering off." She said with a slight humour about her tone.

Connor likes this.
  7. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

He kept his gait slow, and was attentive to matching Rey's speed, accommodating any pauses or jumps she took. He realized this must be her first time truly out in the open since she'd been released, and he wanted her to be able to enjoy it. If that meant going slow, he hardly minded. There wasn't a rush.

At her words he gave a genuine laugh, lifting his free hand to scratch at the back of his head. That had certainly not been his brightest moment. "Right, I'm still sorry about that," he laughed. He sighed at the memory that day had left with him, though. "I had no idea what I was doing in regard to anything that day." He looked to her, still plainly amused. "I'm glad one of us had some guts."

Rey Solo likes this.
  8. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey knew she was much slower than she had been once, but it gave her a chance to really take in their route and what was around them rather than rushing at things in her usual pace. Or more, the pace she had been at before Semirhage. She smiled at Connor's comment. Neither of them really had any idea what hat happened. She still wasn't sure how he had even known where to go but that didn't matter so much now, it was behind them.

The fact he referenced the whole day made her grin, "Well, at least Beebee-ate seemed to know." The droid had been the only one who had been brave enough to point out there might be something more than friendship bubbling beneath the surface.

As her feet hit the sand, she smiled down at the golden flakes. "I'd have never thought I'd have missed seeing sand so much." She looked amused. The sands of Jakku had illustrated her childhood and teenage years- here the sand was outlined by a clear blue sea.

Connor likes this.
  9. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

They reached the sand, and Connor paused to kick his shoes off at the edge before joining Rey. The pale grains shifted easily with every step, and were soft underfoot as they walked in the direction of the water. He hummed warmly at her words. He imagined anything was better than where she'd been the previous few weeks. "You have a beach in your backyard now," he added in amusement. She seemed to love beaches, so he hoped being here would put her mind at ease.

As they neared the water, Connor took the large towel from under his arm and began putting it out on the sand. Once it had settled, he sat down and looked to Rey. "Do you think it will be hard for you?" he asked after a moment. "Living around them?"

Rey Solo likes this.
  10. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

It was true that she had a beach just here whenever she wanted. That was a nice thought; she had always wanted to live somewhere like this. It wasn't exactly how she had pictured it, but it was still a nice outcome to be here with Connor.

When he put the towel down, Rey stepped to one side as she slipped her shoes off. She considered his question and tilted her head to the side, looking back at the ship. It was something she hadn't thought much of yet; she'd been in survival mode and had been trying to live one hour to the next in order to cope with what had happened to her.

"I think it'll be okay." She replied. There was none of the anger there which she had suffered previously and she had Connor now which helped. It meant that she wasn't alone and she still felt wanted and needed. She shrugged, "It's all a bit weird. Are you okay living with them?" She was aware that this must have been weird for him too, given that she was essentially now in close proximity with her ex-husband.

Connor likes this.
  11. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

Connor nodded slowly, glad that she wasn't altogether uncomfortable. That wouldn't have helped anything, as they were definitely stuck here for the time being. It wasn't like they had a second ship to leave on, if they decided this didn't work. Where Jaesa and Kylo went, so did they.

But he couldn't deny that it was a bit weird. None of them could, he thought. To her question, his lips pressed together in thought, but ultimately he shrugged. "They seem decent enough. Not super talkative, but I don't think any of us are, at this point." No, it might take a bit before the group as a whole was in great shape. "And they saved you. So... I don't think I can be anything but grateful to them." He gave a small smile, that didn't quite reach his eyes. He knew it wasn't his fault, that there was no way he could have known, but he still hated just how oblivious he'd been to what had happened to Rey. His best guesses had been only that. It disturbed him to think that she may never have been found, without Jaesa and Kylo.

Rey Solo likes this.
  12. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey hummed a little. At the side of her, one finger dragged through the sand softly, making an impact there and enjoying the feel of it underneath her touch. She had no desire to move from here for some time. Rey then looked up from where she was drawing shapes in the sand back to Connor. "They are nice people." To her, they were more than that after what they had done for her. "I don't think anyone knows what to say." She pointed out, her smile twitching slightly as she sighed. She, for one, wasn't sure on how to start a conversation with them which didn't lead her back to thinking about her cell and being at Semirhage's mercy.

She smiled a little when he mentioned being grateful towards them for saving her. "I couldn't have got out by myself." She admitted quietly, sitting up a little more than she had done. "I didn't have any idea how long I'd been there, or why I was there or what might happen." Her lip wobbled a little but she sniffed back, refusing to let this overcome her again.

Connor likes this.
  13. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

What was left of Connor's smile slipped when Rey went on. He reached an arm behind her shoulders and tugged her gently towards him. He couldn't imagine getting to such a mental state, where he wouldn't notice the passing of time. He'd felt every empty moment of her absence. "You're safe now," was all he could offer as comfort. He'd like to think he may have found some trace of what had happened to Rey one day, but who knew really, or how long it might have taken for it to lead to that woman? Or if he would ever have been able to get her out, even if he did find her? As an Android, he may have been able to slip through the mechanical locks undetected, but as a human... not so.

There was really only one option, which was to focus on where they were. That she was safe. And he could focus on keeping her that way, from then on.

Rey Solo likes this.
  14. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey certainly felt safer than she had done in weeks. During her imprisonment, she'd been unsure one day to the next what might happen, what torture she might be subjected to and what Semirhage might want to do with her. She could feel content here with Connor and much safer than she had been. "I know." She said softly, tucking herself against his side.

"And I'm back with you." She pointed out with a smile as she lifted her head to plant a kiss on his cheek. Their relationship had been newly formed when she had been taken, but her feelings had not dampened since seeing him last. If anything, in his absence her feelings had only grown stronger. She settled her head on his shoulder, "It's like we picked up where we left off." Given they had been hours away from fleeing to another planet when she had been taken. It had all come together.. just weeks later.

Connor likes this.
  15. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

As Rey tucked into his side, he leaned into her with a quiet sigh. His hold was snug, and he leaned his head towards where his had come to rest at his shoulder. A small, lightly amused hum sounded in his throat at at comment. In many ways, she was right– they were exactly where they’d said they’d be, weeks ago. But it was hard not to consider how her being taken had affected things. Whereas their relationship starting had verified and brought to light his feelings, her absence had shown Connor just how deep they ran. He’d not been able to imagine having such a need for another person. And he wasn’t sure what it meant, or how to express it to her.

He let a moment of silence hang in the air before he spoke up again. ”I’ve never felt this way about another person,” he finally said quietly. ”Like I would do anything to keep you safe. It’s completely irrational.” He smiled a bit, though, as he looked out at the ocean.

Rey Solo likes this.
  16. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey was happy to stay there tucked into Connor's embrace while the sea rolled lazily onto the sands in front of them. She wished she could just go swimming and leap back into the things she had once done without a second thought but she needed her strength in order to do all of that. It would come in time and she had the patience for anything.

When Connor spoke, Rey felt her cheeks run hot. She understood exactly what he was talking about. She had felt that way before, but it had been a while ago now. She knew how encompassing it could be and she felt the same, she knew she did. "It's not irrational." She assured him, pulling away a little so she could look at him properly, "If it's how you feel, it's not irrational." Her smile quirked up a little, "I feel the same way, I couldn't see anything happen to you, Connor." She assured him, with as wide a smile as she could manage.

17. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

If Connor had any idea what he was implying, he probably would have kept his mouth shut. They'd not been together like this long, after all. But he didn't know, had no idea what being in love looked like or felt like. He just knew what he felt, and he wanted to be honest with Rey about it. She'd taken the leap for them, had been braver than him, and after all she'd been through he thought she needed to know how cared for she was. But that was all.

When she pulled back, he turned his head to meet her gaze. His look was a but disbelieving– when she'd been gone, he'd felt like he was half out of his mind, not thinking with a lick of rationality. That she felt a similar way was comforting, though, in a way he hadn't expected. As strange as it was to him, it wasn't, not really. It was just being human.

He lifted a hand to gently smooth back the strands of her hair that whipped in the ocean wind, and there held her face as he leaned in to kiss her. The touch was light for a moment, but he then pressed into it more. He knew Rey's condition and wasn't after anything– just in the moment, near overwhelmed by his own affection for her.

Rey Solo likes this.
  18. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey knew what Connor was describing. She knew what she was describing. However, she didn't want to give him the word. She knew that human emotions were new to him and she didn't want him to feel like he had to rush for her, or that she was defining everything for him. She had made the first move, a part of her wanted him to understand what this was for himself, to see it for what it was. Plus, giving it a label didn't really matter to her. They both knew how they felt and that was all which was important to her.

She leaned into the hand which brushed her hair away and sighed softly. There was something she just enjoyed about the gesture that she could not explain. Rey moved with him, her hand running along the back of his hairline, fingers curling around the wisps of hair there as she matched his embrace in turn.

Rey had missed this, just being with him. She could feel her emotions and feelings for Connor bubbling up inside her and she used her hand to pull him a little closer to her, sighing against his lips as she let the full force of her emotions into their embrace.

Connor likes this.
  19. Connor

Law Enforcement
    Race:
    Android turned Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    [​IMG]

When she didn't pull back right away, he leaned further into her hold, his lips shifting slowly over hers. He'd missed this, too; more than he could have put into words. His hand slipped into the soft strands of her hair as the breeze off the water enveloped them both beneath the warm sun, the waves crashing gently nearby.

For that moment, everything else fell away; the time since he'd last held her like this, the nights he'd laid alone in their apartment, red-eyed and unable to find sleep, the time he'd spent hobbling the streets on his barely capable leg looking for any sign of what had become of Rey. There was only him, and her, and what they'd found in each other.

Rey Solo likes this.
  20. Rey Solo

Rey Solo Star Wars

Race:
    Force-Sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Rey leaned into their embrace, her eyes fluttering shut so she could just focus on that moment and that moment alone. Her heart was swelling inside her chest; she was not sure how she had managed as long as she had without Connor by her side. It was something she could not imagine now she had him back. This kind of escape was what she had wanted for them weeks ago. It had taken them the long way round to get here, but at least they were safe now, they were happy and it was all she wanted.

Her hand brushed over the back of his neck, eventually coming to rest at the top of it, with her fingers buried in his hair. She slowly and gently moved to deepen their embrace, taking care with each and every moment. It had been so long since they'd been able to hold each other like this and embrace. Even the past day or so had been quite manic so it was nice now to be able to take it all slower and just get wrapped up within each other rather than worrying about what else was beyond this simply moment for them.

Connor likes this.