HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. SUMMER LOCATION: SWALLOW FALLS
    A new island has appeared off the coast of Cascade Bay! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SUMMER EVENT: THE DREAM MACHINE
    Master lucid dreaming today! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Mannimarco's Plague

Discussion in 'Brainstorming' started by The Governor, Jun 16, 2017.

1. The Governor

The Governor The Walking Dead
    You kill or you die.

Escaped Zoo Animal
    Race:
    Cat Person
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil
    Directory:
    link
    @Mannimarco is preparing to release a plague upon Pandora. He's picked The Governor to spread it accordingly, who intends to start with Misty Hollow, because that's the home of most of his enemies from TWD fandom.

Here's a bit of background from @Chen about the plague:
    Symptoms of the plague (as spoken by the lovely Mannimarco):
    I'm thinking that some plague infected zombies should accidentally wander into Misty Hollow and cause some chaos. ;) Or would the barrier stop them?

Mannimarco likes this.
  2. Steel

Steel wisdom is for those who have time for it
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    Hey there! This sounds like a cool plot, but sad to say plague-infested zombies (and a magic-based plague to boot) would definitely be considered a threat and would easily be countered by Misty Hollow's barrier, sorry!

You can read up more on the barrier here, here and here (from newest to oldest). In essence, if the source of this plague is malevolent in nature, it'll be hard-pressed to deal with the barrier.

Not to mention Misty Hollow's defense force has guards constantly guarding the five pillars, the barrier, and patrolling around at night. You'd probably have to ask @Haldir of Lorien / @Lamelian more about that, though!

3. Dharke

Dharke Welcome to Catbury!

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Thanks for the heads-up, Steel.

I guess we'll either have to let the plague loose in the area immediately outside the barrier, or pick an easier town instead! Morhall's got the water problem, so maybe Cascade Bay or Horizon instead?

4. Rani

Rani MODgician
    Plots & Events Division Technical Division

Hey @Dharke and @Chen! Just saw this thread, and this sounds like a super interesting plot for Pandora. But if your intention is to have the plague strike all of Pandora, you'll need to submit this as a Story Hub. If it's going to be local and/or fail early on, however, then that won't be necessary. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

If you're not familiar with our Story Hub system, you can find details on getting one setup here!

5. Dharke

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Thanks for the information, Rani.

What would you like to do, @Chen? I'd prefer to make it a local thing rather than a Story Hub (just hit one or two towns, perhaps), unless someone wishes to run it. I'll participate and start IC threads, etc, but I've grown to become allergic to the administrative (if that's the right word) side of things, e.g. promoting Story Hubs to the player base, creating OOC information threads, etc.

I might feel more motivated if more players expressed interest in the plot or wanted to help with that sort of thing, though! :D

Rani likes this.
  6. Chen

Chen Player

Yeah @Dharke I was just going to send it as a local thing where it's just small attacks that will have to be handled every now and then when the attacks occur. The Plague's modified to become inert and non transferable after like an hour. So more it would be similar to like a chemical attack just with a virus and then whoever it caught in the initial cloud is the infected ones.

Dharke and Rani like this.
  7. Dharke

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Thumbs-up, @Chen. ;)

Okay, this is what I had in mind. Posting it here in case my poor Lore knowledge lets me down again!

The Gov is going to start a big, nasty, dangerous forest fire somewhere close to the barrier in hopes that it causes people to leave its safety and help put it out. He'll then attempt to hit them with the plague infested zombies.

@Steel:
    1. Would the barrier stop a normal fire from spreading into the town? I'm thinking not.
    2. Would someone infected with the plague be cured if they were to step through the barrier? Or would it hinder them in any way?

I imagine this will be a one-shot(ish) type of thread as I don't think people will want to get infected with such a horrible and contagious sickness, unless they can be healed promptly! :D @Lamelian: Would you be alright with some NPC defenders dying from the plague? If okay, how many maximum? 1000?

As a special disclaimer, I feel I should add that next season (maybe?), The Gov will be severely punished/handicapped for his actions by somebody, and there will be peace throughout Pandora. :p

8. Nessa

Nessa Player

Oh man, Mist Hollow is just getting hit by everything this season, isn't it? xD No, but I am definitely loving the potential for chaos caused by plauge Zombies, especially with the town basically being held captive by the forest surrounding it. This is actually why I thought I should poke my head in here? So we can discuss how these plots will overlap and interact and effect Misty Hollow as a whole.

Umm...also, @Dharke, just thought I'd mention, the trees and forest surrounding Misty Hollow will be a bit more...well "active" this season (as in: actively murdering people). If the Governor tries to start a forest fire beyond the barrier I'm fairly certain he'll meet some resistance from the trees themselves. Not saying that you shouldn't do it or anything, just pointing out that being skewered on tree roots and thrown around by oak boughs will be an actual threat both the Governor and his plague zombies will have to deal with if he tries to make trouble in that area.

9. Dharke

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    @Nessa:

Thanks for the heads-up!

If it makes any difference, he won't use the forest directly to start the fire. I can picture him setting one of his vehicles on fire, then letting out its load of burning zombies. They'd then brush up against vegetation, etc, spreading it that way.

I imagine The Gov could get around the resistance from the trees with Mannimarco's help. Back when Gov was running Providence, Mannimarco kindly helped put their own sort of magical barrier around it. I imagine Mannimarco would have the power to do something similar in a tiny portion of the woods where Gov's going to work, purely just while he sets up the fire and infects a few people. What do you think, @Chen? It might also be a good time to bring out the "toys" that Mannimarco gave him!

Alternatively, if you wanted a small crossover, The Gov could always approach John and/or The Gentleman and make some sort of bargain with them to keep the trees off him for a short while. Admittedly, I haven't read a huge amount about them to try and work out whether they would allow an outside party to target Misty Hollow while they're doing their own thing. ;)

The Gov hides out at Chanel's house in Misty Hollow from time to time, as well as mopes about the woods, so I imagine he'd be aware of the conflict with the trees and would prepare for it in one of the ways suggested above.

Chen likes this.
  10. Chen

Chen Player

Of course @Dharke Mannimarco could offer Blake some protection around his truck so he can set up the burning zombie attack and his toys could easily be used against the group that comes to stop it and if they get destroyed he can always make more for him of course. And if everyone is on for the possible deal I'd be up for any plots that would come out of that.

11. Dharke

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Mannimarco, awesome as usual. :D

Hoping to start this some time between the 12th and 14th July (OOC). It's been delayed long enough!

If @Nessa doesn’t respond by then, I’ll just pretend The Gov’s got up some kind of protective barrier to help him fulfill his goals!

12. Nessa

Nessa Player

Yeah, that should work! The barrier I mean, like I said, just thought that was something you should take into consideration before hand.. I'd love to do a sort of crossover between our plots where the Governor tries to make some sort of deal with John in order to get the trees to leave off of him. I'm not entirely sure if John will agree to it or not, it depends a lot on when this all happens and he's a bit of an unpredictable character, even for me, but The Gov can always give it a shot, just to cover all of his bases, and if it doesn't work, well then you've still got Mannimarco's barrier to help you out!

13. Dharke

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    @Nessa:

If I did that, I'd have to stall starting the plague thread until I knew whether John was going to say yes or not. :/ It's already way overdue by one season, lol.

I suppose I could always have Gov come to John afterwards if he was considering another plague attack on Misty Hollow! But then Gov probably wouldn't need to do that if he'd already used Mannimarco's barrier. XD

Don't know if John would approach him if he heard about the plague attack?

14. SnowyHeart

SnowyHeart The Bonds of People are the True Power

Digital Artist
    Race:
    Starchild
    Good god the one time i put a character in Misty Hollow again and two days after they arrive there's a zombie attack.
    I would also like to know this point because I'd love to get Naoto involved since they're a detective type person but also I'd rather not zombify-murder them

15. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Jedi
    Race:
    Force-sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Luke will wind up heading iup there as soon as he hears, because he'll worry about Leia. He'll be around to help if it's needed. And if Cascade Bay becomes a target, I'm open to him being a carrier. Well, if it evolves to where it won't kill him of course.

16. Steel

Steel wisdom is for those who have time for it
    Lore Division

The Wolf King
    Race:
    Mistborn
    Super late reply is super late, but!
    1. Probably not, if it's a normal fire! If it was set alight by magic, though, that would be a different matter.
    2. It would prevent them from entering, recognizing that there is something about them that will harm the neighborhoods protected within the barrier. No curing, sadly!

Apart from all that, the Mages Guild will most likely step forwards to provide assistanceto Misty Hollow, as they've dealt with Mannimarco before! Also, idk about you guys, but that plague's description sounds like, as soon as you're infected, it's irreversible. (Unless, of course, someone manages to develop a vaccine? If no doctor types are interested, I can toss McCoy at this after the Misty Hollow attack to start researching a vaccine!)

TL;DR I'll try to get a Khadgar post up in your attack thread sometime tomorrow or after the thread's progressed a little to show some mage presence!

17. The Murphy

The Murphy Z Nation

Bartender
    Race:
    Mutated Half Zombie
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    So it seems everyone has forgotten who lives in Misty Hollow, I know he hasn't made the papers or anything. But The Murphy lives there, and one of his main powers is to control zombies weather they're plague ridden or on fire. I doubt there's more then he can deal with in your attack, so I figured I'd drop a note here and see weather you'd want him in your plot.

Because attacking his town with zombies won't end well for whatever is planned for them, as he can easily take control of them. And I've read that you only want this as a temporary attack or some such, but as soon as Murphy gets wind of this he's going to want to come into it. If only to protect his family that resides within the town.

So I'm wondering about what you want from this, especially with the tree thing coming up. This won't be an easy thing to have succeed, and it's already been stated that it won't be easy to get past the barrier. But if you want a long thread or a short one, depends on weather you'd like Murphy to join in or not. I'm cool either way but he won't let his daughter and his town go down too easy.

18. Lamelian

Lamelian "Life is about learning to dance in the rain!"

Directory:
    link
    Supper late for this but I don't mind having npcs who would die defending the town. I am planning to reply to the thread with Haldir, cause you know... Defender! :p Hahaha. But obviously he is not gonna die. @Dharke if you want/don't mind, I could npc a couple of defenders too. ^_^

19. Dharke

Race:
    Bearcat
    Alignment:
    Lawful Evil
    Thanks for the answers, @Steel and @Lamelian. :) You’re more than welcome to NPC some defenders, Lamelian!

Yep, you're right! I was going to stick a warning before I release the plague carrying zombies. Don't get too close to them! It carries through the air! I did nerf it by limiting it to only humans being able to get sick.

You're more than welcome to research a vaccine. Perhaps that's what ultimately puts an end to the plague town attacks, unless karma finds Gov first? I’m sure Mannimarco will be pissed! :D

@The Murphy: You're more than welcome to join the thread, just as soon as the zombies have done some damage to a decent amount of Misty Hollow civilians (most likely NPCs). The plan is to have Gov release the plague zombies in my next post, have them infect and kill people, then have him beat a hasty retreat as citizens regain order around themselves. He'll go on to do it in another town, perhaps varying his method.

Gov would love to hire someone with Murphy’s skills for this project, but I imagine he’s blown any chances of that if he’s inadvertently put his daughter at risk!

20. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Jedi
    Race:
    Force-sensitive human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Maybe it's good Luke has a few longer range attacks useable...