By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The winter season has arrived!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Marry Me Babe!

Discussion in 'Ark City' started by Richard Grayson, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Richard Grayson

Richard Grayson DC Universe

Race:
    Human
    Jan 21st
    Y108

@Raphael Santiago

One might have considered Nerve boring or even dangerous at first glance, but that was only partially true. Dick hadn't gotten to the boring part just yet, but the danger was in it. This proposal dare was acceptable, but the find someone to become your sidekick and take them it was going to be interesting to say the least.

This dare was just good old fun. So Dick decided to go out and see where the wind took him. And take him it did. Before he knew it, he'd purchased a rather cheap wedding ring and began to look for his soon to be spouse.

Recording just about all of it. And just as the sun set across the mighty Centrian sky. Dick set his eyes on a fairly handsome young man. Of course he knew his followers might not have expected for him to pick out a man. But that was part of the fun. He just hoped this guy wasn't the kind to hate on that kind of relationship.

Placing his phone in his breast pocket, knowing it'd record everything he saw. He began to have a bit of fun. Walking over towards the man, Dick placed a hand on his arm and spoke. 'Hey Babe.' He said in a rather playful manner. 'It's been oh so long.' This time he bit his lip as he looked towards the man.

'And I got something I wanna say to you babe.' He couldn't contain himself as a smirk cut across his face. All the while he still had the ring waiting in his pocket, just wanting to be placed upon this strangers finger.

Raphael Santiago likes this.
  2. Raphael Santiago

Raphael Santiago The Mortal Instruments
    the strongest card in the deck is the ace

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    It was probably a good thing that Raphael was in a rather good and relaxed mood tonight, just having returned from space last week where he'd been on vacation with a good friend. Otherwise he might've reacted quite differently, when suddenly a stranger's hand landed on his arm, and an - admittedly pleasant - voice started to call him babe out of nowhere. Probably would've even hissed at the guy, fangs bared and all. But not tonight. Tonight, Raphael was out to get himself a bloodcino at the café down the street - alone, of course, but not minding the solitude in any way - when he was stopped in the middle of the plaza the café was located at.

While he couldn't help the surprise that was clearly written all over his face - when he turned his head to his new company, Raphael didn't immediately flinch away, some thought telling him that this was surely just a misunderstanding and that there was no reason to get angry or suspicious. Or hissy. Gently, yet firmly, he pushed the hand off his arm. Touch had always been a special topic for him, a rather sensitive one, and this guy could be glad he hadn't like jump-hugged him or something of that sort. Taking half a step back, the vampire smiled warmly yet apologetically at the other. "I..think you got the wrong guy, I'm sorry."

It wasn't that the young man was giving him a weird vibe, or that he wasn't aesthetically pleasing to look at - he definitely was, all things considered, what with the dark hair and the ocean eyes of his - but Raphael was evidently not the one he was usually calling babe, because the vampire had never seen this guy in his entire life - which spanned at least eight decades, if that was anything to go by. Of course, the thought of him being part or having been part of his past Pandorean life, did cross Raphael's mind for a second, but he didn't even have some feeling of recognition flooding his senses, so this really was just a misunderstanding. It had to be.

3. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    This poor guy had no idea what was going on. 'Oh no darling. I have just the right man.' Dick felt slightly bad, given just how confused the man before him was. But not bad enough to keep him from going on.

God was Dick a complete..well Dick. 'I've wanted to say this since I first fell in love with you.' Dick moved his hand onto Raphaels. With a single deep breath, he fell down to one knee. His face quickly turned red, not from love or any sort of true emotion. But from just how embarrassing this was going to be.

And the scene he was going to make. 'My dear beloved. I want to be yours forever, from this day, until the end of days. And so I ask you.' Dick was about to drop the big one. 'Will you marry me. So we can spend our lives together.'

4. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    Realistically speaking, Raphael should've just sent the guy a glare that told him everything there was to know about Raphael Santiago, the ex leader of the biggest vampire clan in New York, and then left him. It was evident that they didn't know each other, and it was evident to Raphael that this guy knew that. His blush wasn't a reaction of love, not when he smelled subtly like fear. The kind of fear when you were telling a lie that you were embarrassed about. The vampire was doing the whole heightened senses thing for half a century now, by this point he could differentiate the different types of smells on a mundane pretty well. And this guy was definitely lying. He just hadn't picked that up right from the beginning, because his first instinct had been to assume the other to simply be mistaking him for someone else.

There were other people around them, who had stopped in their stride and were trying to not-so-subtly-as-they-were-hoping-to-be watch what was happening. Wondering if Raphael would say Yes. Where did this obsession with marriage come from, honestly? Did romantic feelings actually turn someone into a sentimental fool who thought butterfly feelings would carry a relationship? He wouldn't know. Raphael had had maybe three crushes in the last 80 years, and the relationships he did have - because he liked the concept and he liked cuddling even if he didn't show that to anyone at first - hadn't required him to be in love with the other. He'd made choices, that was all. One time his friend Magnus had joked Raphael would only accept marriage proposals if they secured the political alliance between two countries at war - but he wasn't that far off the truth with that idea.

Point was, everything should've made the vampire raise an eyebrow, shake his head and get away as fast as possible. The other could deal with the public embarrassment of getting rejected on a proposal, if he was the one to get the stupid idea in the first place.

Yet, Raphael stood there, stunned, staring at the man kneeling in front of him and holding his gloved hand, because nobody had ever proposed to him, and even if he didn't understand romantic affections, being as aromantic as he was, something about that had him pause and not immediately turn around and leave.

He didn't just say Yes. either though.
    Maybe in an attempt to ease the awkwardness of the whole thing, he chuckled, somewhat strained, trying to regain his footing here. "You do realize, that until the end of days might actually come true for me, right?" Raphael joked, opting for vaguely mentioned immortality, rather than answering the other's question. Ever since coming to Pandora, ever since he'd regained his memories from his last stay, the vampire had become more and more comfortable with not keeping his non-mundane status a secret. He might not have been going around wearing a shirt saying I'm a vampire, but if it came up in conversation, it had gotten more and more easy to just say it. Because, here, it wasn't that big of a deal, right? Every mundane knew about their supernatural neighbors and co-workers and chosen-family members and friends and government representatives. And he hadn't seen specicist crimes in quite a while either.

He cleared his throat, the confused frown evident on his forehead, and his smile only underlining how strange this situation was, that the two of them were in. "But, I guess, if you're so eager to marry a random stranger off the streets, I- don't see why not?" Raphael paused, swallowing the feeling of flattery that he didn't feel was entirely appropriate for this situation, while meeting the other's gaze. "So, yeah? Sure?" Somehow he was definitely expecting this to turn out to be some kind of prank, which he really didn't want to be the case, because - how lame would that have been? The worst thing about pranks, most often, wasn't even the cruelty, but how unoriginal and lame of a joke it was.

#4 Raphael Santiago, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Richard Grayson likes this.
  5. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    The comment about the end of days went well over his head. If he knew it probably wouldn't have changed anything either honestly. Vampire or not, he still would have offered this man a false marriage offer.

Of course Dick expected the man to refuse. Why wouldn't he? There was no reason for him to want to marry a man he'd never met before.

But then he said something Dick hadn't expected. There was no way he'd accept it. Why would he? Dick must have been too eager, maybe this man had just arrived in Pandora and was just confused. Not just by Dick but by everything.

Yet to make matters worse. Dick did something he shouldn't have. 'Yay! We're getting married yall!' He shouted as he jumped up and hugged Raphael. 'This is just great. Sooo fucking amazing!'

6. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    The thought did cross Raphael's mind that this man might just be in a very desperate predicament where, had he not found someone to marry, he might've gotten killed or something similarly gruesome. The almost ecstatic way he hugged him - thank God he didn't kiss him out of the blue, that would've been a bit too much, even for a random stranger proposal that might had to look real - did seem to confirm that, but he couldn't be sure until he'd ask, which he had all intentions of doing once they were somewhere less public. For now, he softly patted the other on the back where he could still reach, his face buried in the other's chest, while trying not to freak out at the sudden hug that had come without a warning.

He heard some of the bystanders clap, and he had to wonder if they were realizing that Raphael and this guy didn't know each other. That this was not something born out of a months or years long relationship, but a spur of the moment kinda thing if he'd ever seen one.

Gently, he untangled himself after a moment, meeting his- company's gaze. Or, well, fiance now? God, this felt weird. Not necessarily in a bad way, but he knew for a fact, that his mother - bless her soul - would not have approved of this at all. Or perhaps she would've, seeing as the husband she'd married out of love had turned out to be a grande asshole, and that was putting it mildly. Still, she probably wouldn't have wanted her oldest son to marry a random stranger either. No, if Guandalupe Santiago would've had any say in this, Raphael would've married a nice girl from town when they had been young, and then given her some grandchildren. Well, out of all the things that had come out of getting turned into a vampire at 21, dodging that bullet must've been the least negative.

"Well, we should- probably get this done then? Before one of us decides to change his mind?"
    he asked, a faint smile curling around his lips, and a chuckle escaping him, "I can't believe you just did that." But it didn't sound like Raphael minded it that much or, at all. In fact, the more he thought about it, the more it did seem like an actually great deal he'd struck here. A bit unusual in its methods, for sure, but hey, he was trying new things anyway, after having stepped down from his clan's leader position and now being stranded with no real goal to pursue. No doubt about that marrying someone had not made the to-do list of things he wanted to try, but weren't it the most random and unplanned things, sometimes, that made for the best decisions - or at least the best stories?

Richard Grayson likes this.
  7. Richard Grayson

Race:
    Human
    The dare only continued to get more interesting as the man actually seemed to legitimately want to marry Dick.

Either that or he was messing with Dick the same way Dick was messing with him. So of course unsure of which it was, Dick continued to play on. 'Well I doubt I'll be changing my mind anytime soon.' He said jokingly, knowing he probaby would have.

'Of course I expect you to back out of it. Last I recalled you weren't the Husband type.' Dick honestly wasnt sure. He was just taking a shot in the dark, saying the man had commitment issues, much like he himself had.

Of course he'd tried with Barbara. Not that life hadn't pushed the pair apart time and time again. Almost as if the Universe wanted to keep the two apart. Even more so with him being in Pandora nowadays.

8. Raphael Santiago

Tailor
    Race:
    Vampire
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Directory:
    link
    It sounded like a joke, like a lie, and Raphael grew more and more worried about this guy's health by the minute. Perhaps someone was forcing him to do this, pressing a metaphorical gun against his skull? It seemed like the only valid option, since otherwise, this was growing too long, even for an elaborate prank. At least, something in Raphael's chest hoped that was the case. What would the gain be in tricking someone to marry some stranger off the streets? Where was the fun in that one?

He continued to play along, though that didn't mean he was necessarily being dishonest or not genuine. Starting to walk into the general direction of the building he thought was housing the marriage registration office, the vampire smiled somewhat at his company's word. "Nobody has ever asked - it's not like I'm actively trying to not get married," he gave back, side-eyeing the other in obvious fake offence. Which of course, wasn't really the reason, was it now. Not the main one, anyway. Marriage had never been on his mind nor to-do list, even when he'd dated someone - which hadn't happened often, in all fairness, but still. Maybe because he didn't fall in love so easily and didn't think it fair for the other, maybe because they'd been mortal and he couldn't bear the thought of outliving them. Maybe it had a different reason entirely, he wasn't really sure. As it was, though, he had never been in this kind of situation, and he thought that was showing slightly with how stunned he was.

A pause, before he directed his gaze forward. "And apparently I'm at least husband material, or you wouldn't have proposed, right?" Raphael wasn't actually fishing for compliments or attention; It sounded more like an amused yet factual observation. Perhaps, he thought, this would give the other an easy opening to explain what had brought him to this decision, if it had been a willing decision in the first place.