HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Maybe This Wasn't Such a Good Idea....

Discussion in 'Westcourt' started by Lillie, May 31, 2018.

1. Lillie

Lillie Guest

April 19th, Year 7
    Somewhere In Westcourt

After a few days in this strange world she now knew was called "Pandora," Lillie felt like she was starting to get used to it. In fact she found herself surprised at how quickly she got used to the idea of not even being in the Pokémon world anymore. Maybe it was because of how Aether was all about looking into and learning about other worlds. She still wasn't quite sure how she got here without Nebby having to use its power; she heard something about "black vines," but that was the extent of her knowledge.

Rather than worry about it now, she decided to learn more about her new home here in Pandora Town. It hadn't taken her long to learn about a library somewhere in the Westcourt District. Of course she'd taken an interest in the place; in her experience, there was nothing like learning new things or just reading a good story to take one's mind off of things. Like this "curfew" business that she also didn't really understand but found worrying anyway.

So she'd asked the Orphanage's caretakers for directions and a map the night before, and this morning she'd set out to try and find it. Except, well...she really should've known not to rely on her sense of direction. Even back home it took her a while to get used to Hau'oli City to walk around it and do errands for Kukui without getting herself lost. In a city that she hadn't been in for a week?

She was pretty sure she was in Westcourt, at least. The futuristic buildings looked like they'd matched the descriptions given to her, at least. The problem was finding out which street the library was on, and she was pretty sure she wasn't anywhere near it. It looked more like random office buildings, to her.

So she just found herself standing on a random street corner, looking down at the map with a confused frown and trying to make sense of which of these way-too-numerous streets was the one she was on now and where to get to the one she wanted to go. This was with the caretakers being nice enough to specially mark the library's location for her.

Turns out, "getting used" to a place and "being used" to a place were two different things.

Quirrel likes this.
  2. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    It was a nice day and, as he was accustomed to doing, Quirrel was taking a stroll throughout Pandora Town. Despite the amount of time he had spent here, there was always more to see. Perhaps it was a dull imitation of the thrill of going through an abandoned ruin, but too much excitement could be bad for a bugs heart.

Westcourt was very familiar territory to the beetle, having frequented it often to make use of the library during that terrible February last Fall. Nothing was really catching his interest today, but that hardly mattered to him. Not every outing could yield results, after all. Best to just use the time to think. Perhaps he could revisit the library when the hour got later.

Of course even lost in thoughts Quirrel remained aware of his surroundings. Pure habit at this point, coming from a place where you were either vigilant or dead. An amusingly familiar sight, a child struggling to make sense of a map. He could relate to that. His sense of direction was strong but Pandora Town seemed to confound even himself on occasion.

Might as well offer some assistance. "Need any help?" the masked bug asked as he walked towards the girl. "If you are looking to find something, I have a decent grasp of the surroundings."

Lillie likes this.
  3. Lillie

Lillie Guest

Fortunately for her, Lillie hadn't been staring at the map for very long when some kind soul was nice enough to ask if she needed help.

"Well, um....yes," she said as she looked up at the newcomer, "I, um...."

Then she saw that she was talking to what appeared to be a bug Pokémon. A giant, talking bug Pokémon. For a couple moments, all she did was give it a silent, surprised stare. If that wasn't a sign of just how different Pandora was from Alola, she didn't know what was.

Then she realized what she was doing and shook her head. Giant bug Pokémon or not, it, or he rather, did seem friendly and willing to help her. Besides, she never really found bug Pokémon to be that scary anyway.

"Um...sorry...." she said somewhat awkwardly, "Anyway, um...I'm trying to find the library. I think it's...somewhere around here? I think I'm in the right part of Pandora Town, anyway...." She looked back down at her map. "The caretakers back at the orphanage gave me a map, but I'm no good at reading it...."

Quirrel likes this.
  4. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    ...Yes, of course she'd react strangely. Half a year in this world and Quirrel still hadn't quite internalized that the normal reaction to a giant bug talking to you wasn't to take it in stride. Of course he was no longer hurt by it, but that didn't stop him from feeling like an eternal outsider.

"My apologies, I sometimes forget how strange I look to humans," he apologized before addressing her problem. "Moving on from that, you are looking for the library? You're in the right district, at least. Not heading the right way, though. Bit irresponsible of them to trust a child to find their way through Pandora Town, though. This place is a nightmare on one's sense of direction." The bug didn't elaborate, but he was thinking about how using a map in a town where the layout of places could be oddly inconsistent day to day was foolish... mainly because he had once made the same mistake.

OK, going back on topic. He came to offer assistance. "Well, I can take you to the library," he offered. "I've frequented it, I remember where it is. Was actually considering going there myself already, so it's no bother."

Lillie likes this.
  5. Lillie

Lillie Guest

Thankfully, the bug Pokémon seemed pretty used to people not being used to him. Come to think of it, he probably wasn't even a Pokémon, but it wasn't like Lillie had any other way of describing him.

"I'm used to running errands, so I thought I could manage by myself.... And they marked the map and everything...." she explained, "But, um...I guess I'm not quite used to Pandora Town.... I've only been here for a couple days, anyway...."

So she might as well accept the bug Pokémon's offer, since it looked like they were going to the same place anyway. He was offering, and it was either this or just wander around Westcourt being lost and hoping somebody else was nice enough to help her.

"That would be nice, thank you," she replied with a small bow and a grateful, if somewhat sheepish, smile.

Quirrel likes this.
  6. Quirrel

Quirrel Hollow Knight

Explorer
    Race:
    Beetle
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Unfamiliar location could throw anyone off, regardless of how ready they thought they were. Honestly, kids shouldn't wander around on their own regardless. Lots of stuff in the news in recent months about danger in Pandora Town. "Good rule of thumb for getting used to a place is thirty days, in my experience," Quirrel said. "Takes a while to learn a whole city from scratch, especially one as convoluted as Pandora Town. Even I, a seasoned traveler, had a good deal of trouble here."

In his musings he had almost missed the fact that she was a recent arrival. How long had it been since he had met someone that hadn't been in the process of getting their bearings? This was starting to seem a bit improbable. "Well, trouble adjusting aside, welcome to Pandora," he said sincerely. "I'm Quirrel, a simple bug."

He really needed to stop with that "simple bug" nonsense. True as it was back home, Quirrel was nothing like the average bug here. It almost always ended up raising questions. The beetle reached up an arm and adjusted the mask he wore as a hat. Social interaction just wasn't his greatest strength.

"Well, come along," he told Lillie, before starting to walk off. The bug consciously put in the effort to not move faster than a walk so she wouldn't be left behind. "It shouldn't be too far away."

Lillie likes this.