By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Open Me, Myself and I (Halloween Curse)

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Ryu, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Ryu

Ryu Breath of Fire

Adventurer
    Race:
    Endless
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    November 3rd 109

Ryu sat on an old tree stump with his head in his hand unsure of how much more he could take. It started yesterday which happened to be the day of a festival called Halloween which appeared to be dedicated to all things scary and evil. He had learned that traditionally, this was said to scare away any evil spirits but nowadays was mostly considered a little 'Harmless' fun. For a while it was fun but then something strange began to happen that turned the whole thing into a nightmare.

At first, Ryu thought that he was coming down with something as what appeared to be hallucinations began to torment him but now he was pretty sure he was cursed. Everywhere he went, everywhere he turned every single person looked exactly the same and that wasn't even the worst part. All of these people looked exactly like him.

At first it was perplexing, even slightly amusing but as the day went on, it began to drive him crazy. It was hard to concentrate and even his boss had sent him home, assuming that he was just plain unwell. The young God had hoped that it would only last the day but when he woke up the next morning, witness still exactly the same. Ryu everywhere.

Nobody knew what was wrong with him but by today, Ryu had gotten so sick,of being judged by people wearing his own face, that he had fled Cascade Bay just to find somewhere to gather his thoughts alone. Unfortunately this solitude was not destined to last as he suddenly became aware of someone approaching.

"Yes?" Ryu muttered as he kept his head down and refused point blank to make eye contact, knowing that this would likely be another Ryu out to mock him.

Luke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Luke trudged along the faint outline of a path, crunching dry, shrivelled up leaves beneath his liver brown boots. He had the hood of his cloak over his head, his ridiculous gray muzzle poking out a mile. If his nose hadn’t been so big, maybe he could’ve hidden his face. This was awful.

His muscles were sore and stiff, but he pushed himself on down the track, adamant to find a way to reverse his affliction. According to a group of civilians in the last town, there was a myth in these parts about a lake that could restore one’s natural form. They’d also warned him that it was guarded by eels the size of men, electricity spitting and crackling off their rubbery skins.* The people had warned Luke not to stray in these dangerous lands, but he had to try to find a cure.

Anyway, the Force was his ally. It would not allow anything to creep or slither up behind him.

Luke sensed the boy before he saw him… Or perhaps he smelt him first. The giant muzzle in front of his furry face was amazing at picking up every little scent, from the sickly sweet smell of oozing tree sap to ancient, blackened flowers rotting into the soil. Normally, he would have to meditate to achieve this highly detailed olfactory awareness of the land.

The spiky haired boy’s blunt question had him jerking to a stop. Luke appraised the slight figure on the tree stump, intrigued by the sheer size and burning brightness of the energy within him. Incredible. Such a small vessel should’ve been bursting at the seams!

“Do you know where I can find the lake?” Luke asked him, cutting right to the point.

* The magic lake doesn’t really exist. Now, the magic eels, on the other hand…

3. Ryu

Ryu Breath of Fire

Adventurer
    Race:
    Endless
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Luckily for Luke, Ryu could not see his affliction for all he saw was himself. The lucky part for Ryu was the fact that the newcomers priority seemed to be some kind of lake. Trouble was 'The lake' didn't seem to narrow it down for there was probably plenty of those around, especially in a place like this.

Lifting his heavy head, Ryu struggled to look the stranger in the eye but persevered for fear that he was seen as being rude. After a moments hesitation, he finally gaveca small smile and spoke.

"I'm sorry but with all due respect, the lake could be any kind of lake." Ryu began sheepishly as if he should have known fine well what Luke was talking about. "Is there anything you can tell me about this place that might help?"

Luke Skywalker likes this.
  4. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The boy raised his spiky haired head, Luke sensing the conflict inside him churning like a whirlpool. Some of it was directed at him, presumably because of his hideous face, although it was different to what he usually picked up from people. They tended to respond to his appearance with amusement, curiosity, perhaps disgust. The boy’s emotions gravitated more towards weariness and despair and frustration, which made no sense in this context.

Perhaps he was simply weary or frustrated with people - including dog headed people - disturbing him. Luke would get his answer to his question quickly, then hurry on his way. He knew firsthand how irritating it was to have somebody intrude upon one’s quiet meditation.

“The magic lake they talk about in the myths and legends of this land. It’s supposed to give a person back their natural form,” he explained to the boy. “The locals describe it as being shaped like a horseshoe. Amethyst bushes are supposed to run along most of its banks.”

He added as an afterthought: “Amethyst was their word. Not mine.”

5. Ryu

Ryu Breath of Fire

Adventurer
    Race:
    Endless
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    "A horseshoe shaped lake that gives people back their natural form...?" Ryu uttered out loud. He had never heard of such a thing but it certainly sounded like something that would appear in the Crystal Vales somewhere. Nodding slightly to himself, the young god slowly hauled himself to his feet and turned to face Luke. Not easy considering the fact that he was still a copy of himself but Ryu was done moping about it for now and stood his ground.

"Sorry, I haven't even heard of it or these 'Amethyst bushes' but I could help you look if you like." Ryu offered with a warm smile. " It would sure help take my mind off... Things!"

Ryu looked sheepish but he could see a look sadness in the eyes of his 'Reflection'. Something was clearly burdoning this man but he was unable to see the affliction and could only wonder.

6. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Luke had not intended to shoulder some of the burden of his dubious mission on to the boy. He would have declined politely, but refrained when the boy revealed that it would help him. How could he deny somebody a brief respite from their own problems?

“Thank you,” he accepted his assistance with a deep nod of his hood, then began to lead the way back on to the path, the trees thickening on either side of them. “I’m Luke Skywalker.”

He gave his name freely, doubting the boy had ever heard of him. His legacy. Seldom people had in this galaxy, which was one of the things he liked most about it in fact, along with it reuniting him with his sister and best friend, plus a version of his father before he’d fallen to the dark side of the Force. Ahch-To was almost nothing more than an unpleasant memory.

“Do you live nearby?” Luke asked his new companion.

7. Ryu

Ryu Breath of Fire

Adventurer
    Race:
    Endless
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Luke Skywalker... There was so,wyhing about his name that sounded important but Ryu was not going to question it. For, he was happy to rise to his feet and follow Luke. It would be nice if they could find what he was looking for but having never heard of such a lake and as for amethyst bushes... Were they amethyst in colour or was the stuff literally growing on them.

Either way, they would certainly stand out. After all, Ryu had seen crystal like structures growing out of the ground but never on bushes so anything like that at all would surely be a sign that they were getting close.

"Thanks, I'm Ryu." The dragon god began nervously due to the fact that his affliction still bothered him. " I'm sure glas to meet someone like you Lukw, but tell me..."

Ryu hesitated for a moment unsure as to whether or not he should ask his question for fear of being mocked or called crazy but at the same time he wasn't going to miss the opportunity to seek advice from a friendly ear so he quickly found his courage again and went for it.

"...What do you know about magic and curses...?"

8. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Luke turned to regard the hesitant young man, his question causing him to crease his furry brows in thought. Magic? Curses? In his galaxy, people, often wary or skeptical people, had referred to the Force as sorcery, but he was pretty sure that wasn’t the type of sorcery the young man, Ryu, had in mind. He was referring to the magic in children’s holobooks. Women with hooked noses and green skin, who rode around on broomsticks and turned people into rock warts.

“Very little,” Luke shook his head regretfully. “It is something I’m in the process of learning more about in this galaxy. In fact, I wonder if I have been the subject of a curse.”

He slowed down and tugged at his bristly muzzle in demonstration. Unbeknown to Luke, it must’ve made a peculiar sight indeed, since Ryu could not see his unfortunate canid head.

“This foolish looking face isn’t my real one,” he said, dropping his hand back to his waist. “Once we find the lake, I’m hoping its waters will restore my true form.”

Luke paused a beat, completely oblivious to the fact that he may have just insulted Ryu by accident. “Why do you ask about magic? Is that what’s troubling you?”

9. Ryu

Ryu Breath of Fire

Adventurer
    Race:
    Endless
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ryu was slightly taken aback at first but quickly realised that Luke was most likely not seeing what he was seeing. In fact something about the way he ran a hand across something in front of his face seemed to confirm this. An animalistic muzzle perhaps. It was a shame that Ryu not see this as it would have reminded of someone he used to know back in his home world.

Luke confessed to knowing very little about the subject of magic which was fine but when he asked Ryu why he wanted to know this, the young god swallowed hard. He wasn't sure how he was going to tell him and be believed but now that he felt he'd told half the story

"Well..." Ryu began, albeit a little hesitantly at first. " With all due respect, if there's something wrong with your face then I can't see it. I know this might be hard to believe but everywhere I go, everybody has my face. I think it's a curse and that's why I need to know."

10. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

Luke was so amazed that he stopped in his tracks, widening his eyes at his new ally. Here was somebody who had a problem similar to his own. He was not alone with this dilemma.

He recovered from his initial astonishment, wrinkling his muzzle in a small, dry smile as he offered quietly: “If it’s any consolation, I’d rather look like you than a dog.”

Luke continued on down the path, picking his feet up over a fallen branch. He observed what resembled scorch marks along the sides of several trees, the air full of the cold metallic scent of electricity. The Force likewise full of an echo of its crackling ferocity.

But he was too distracted by their mutual issue to give it much attention: “I woke up bewitched at the end of last month. When did you start to notice people had your face?”

Had the same thing cursed them? An object or artefact, perhaps? A person?

11. Ryu

Ryu Breath of Fire

Adventurer
    Race:
    Endless
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    So Luke had been cursed with the face of a dog? Ryu had found himself so close to madness that he would have taken that as a blessing in comparison to his own affliction. Were their curses from the same source or had the two of them been struck separately? While Ryu personally couldn't think of any way that he might have offended a higher being capable of such thins, one thing he had learned on his travels was that Pandora itself could toy with anyone at anytime. Either way, his mind had wandered enough for it was now his turn to speak.

"Well, that's very kind of you." Ryu chuckled, now starting to feel a little better due to the fact that Luke was grateful, that the young God could not see his own curse.

"Actually..." Ryu continued, trailing off slightly before speaking again. "It was the end of the month gone. Thought I was hallucinating at first but..."

Upon seeing the scorch marks and fallen down tree Ryu swallower hard and Trailed off a second time. He was well aware that all manner of strange creatures dwelt within the vales and took a mental note to up his guard.

"Could be a small dragon or something similar. We'd better be careful here."

12. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Star Wars

Island Hermit
    Race:
    Force Sensitive Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]

The boy’s troubles had likewise began at the end of the month, which had Luke nodding his head. “It does sound as though the same person is behind our problems. I mean… I’m just guessing it’s a person. I suppose there’s always the chance it’s a place or an object.”

As he made that last remark, he cast his gaze around their surroundings wonderingly, as though there was something in their current environment that could cause them such discomfort.

“Did see or experience anything strange the week leading up to your issue?” Luke asked him, trying to answer his own question in his head. Regretfully, he could not think of anything odd.

Luke murmured his agreement, hastening down the path as he recalled the krayt dragons that had inhabited his childhood planet. Fortunately, they’d kept to the driest and hottest regions of Tatooine, so he’d had precious few interactions with them, save a couple of memorable incidents…

But it hadn’t been a dragon - krayt or other - that’d left behind the scorch marks.

An eel the size of a wheeled transport slithered out in front of them, its shiny silvery body crackling with electricity. It regarded them with cold blue eyes, cracking open its mouth and exposing many, many rows of teeth that resembled broken shards of glass.