HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. AUTUMN LOCATION: HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA
    There's a new creepy castle in Silverwood! Check out the details HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. AUTUMN EVENT: EVERYONE'S FAULT
    Mild to moderate earthquakes are rocking Pandora! Find out more HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Open Meeting a Cat(burglar)

Discussion in 'Cascade Bay' started by The Cat, Sep 26, 2017.

1. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    September 25th

After a few seconds of tinkering, the lock on the door made a quiet 'click'. The Cat happily pushed the door open and wandered inside. It was strange to him how all of the doors were so broken around here. Somehow it was up to him to fix them all, apparently, seeing as how no one else was very concerned about their doors not opening. It didn't take him too long to figure out the issue, and that let him find some nice places to sleep.

Sometimes the places he entered had someone else in the beds, and he wasn't one to sleep on top of them, so he was stuck on the couch. This one, however, had a bed that was completely empty. Without a second thought he laid down and curled up.

As much as he hated being grabbed by those vines and dropped wherever he was, the not-Red Dwarf was pretty nice. He found a fishing line and was able to eat as much as he liked whenever he liked. There were some weird monster things trying to stop him, but they didn't appreciate bazookoids as much as he did, so that wasn't much of an issue. The only problem he could find was that he was missing his buddies.

Usually Lister was around to keep things interesting, or to just talk to, but The Cat hadn't been able to find him. It was getting pretty lonely. No one to talk to but himself again, since no one seemed to want to offer him any food. He was used to it, though. He knew how to live on his own.

With that thought, he settled into the bed and started to sleep, comforted by the knowledge that his bud had to be somewhere.

Chloe Decker likes this.
  2. Chloe Decker

Chloe Decker Lucifer

Homicide Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Cascade Bay was such a change of pace to Pandora Town, that Chloe wondered how the two towns could be so close together, and yet be so different in colour, atmosphere and design. Of course, they were now by the beach which would explain the quieter, simpler, more idyllic way of life, but the actual architecture was that of Europe and in some cases, maybe even Asia. It was a unique blend, reminding Chloe of Countries she'd visited as a child, either on holiday or with her Mother during the height of her fame. It was peaceful, and surprisingly warm for this time of year, forcing Chloe to pull off her jacket and carry it by her side.

The entire town was beautiful, magnificent and so much more, but Chloe could not appreciate any of it. Her mind was focused on leaving Pandora, and getting home to her daughter. The one consolation was that Dan wasn't here. Not that Chloe didn't want desperately to see his face -- she did, she really did -- but at least that meant that Trixie still had her Father. Whoever was behind this, whether it be a vengeful God or some bizarre scientific experiment, Chloe couldn't understand their reasoning. She'd spoken about it with Lucifer, but he took to change like a duck to water. He'd settled in famously well, and was already making a name for himself. Chloe, unfortunately, was still struggling.

Her eyes flickered toward a man tinkering with a lock just a few doors down. Chloe's instincts as a cop kicked into gear as she watched him succeed in opening the door and making his way inside. Her hand wandered to her gun but she didn't pull it out, not quite yet. Instead she followed and peered inside, realising immediately that it was empty. There was no sound from the intruder except from his footsteps above and Chloe stepped inside, creeping up the stairs until she found him in the bedroom.

To her surprise he was doing nothing more than sleeping. The poor guy must've been looking for somewhere to crash. Chloe hesitated, battling between what was right and wrong. After a few moments, she bent down and gently shook the guy awake. "Hey," she said kindly. "Is this your house, sir?"

The Cat likes this.
  3. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The Cat's peaceful rest was interrupted by someone nudging him awake. "Lister?" he mumbled, still half-asleep. It took him a few seconds to even remember that he wasn't on the Dwarf anymore, and he instantly sat up with a wide grin on his face, expecting to see his bud.

The smile fell slightly when he realized it wasn't his bud, but it was a pretty woman, so he wasn't too disappointed. Still, she was asking him some weird questions. "My house?" he repeated, sounding confused, "no, I haven't found a place I wanna scent yet, all these places look the same. 'Sides, once I find where my buddy is, he'll have an even better bed."

A thought then occurred to him and he added, "hey, you know, the doors on all these different places are broken. They won't open unless ya fiddle with 'em. I've been fixin' the ones I come across, but someone should look into 'em."

Chloe Decker likes this.
  4. Chloe Decker

Chloe Decker Lucifer

Homicide Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Chloe blinked at the man's incoherent mumble, wondering what or who Lister was. Or maybe it was simply a disjointed part of another word? The detective shifted on the spot as the man erupted into a wide smile that quickly disappeared when he realised who it was. Or perhaps more importantly, who it wasn't. Still, he didn't seem too taken aback and managed to compose himself well. His reply wasn't what Chloe had been expecting, however. She immediately wondered if he battled with his mental health.

His appearance was different but working and living in LA, not to mention growing up with a Mother such as hers, Chloe had learned to broaden her horizons. Dressed as a cat was nothing too unusual, if not a little unorthodox. His belief that he really was a cat was the bit that was troubling her. "Is Lister your buddy?" The detective enquired gently. "Do you know where he is?"

Chloe looked around the room to find that he was right. She'd noticed it too, walking down the wooden walkways in the town center, and along the dirt-packed paths a little further out. It was definitely strange and something she, or someone else would have to take a closer look at. "You're right," she agreed, nodding and walking across the room to the window. Even from here she could see a broken lock a few doors down. "Good find, sir. What's your name?" Chloe asked, taking out a notepad and pen from her back pocket.

The Cat likes this.
  5. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    "Yeah, my best bud," The Cat replied, after a few seconds of thought he added, "well, he's also my first bud. He's gotta be somewhere around here. I mean, why would I get grabbed by those vine things and not him? I've been hanging out around here until he finally shows up."

Being complimented on his finding made him grin widely, almost like a child being given a gold star by the teacher. He sat up tall and said, "my name's The Cat! Good thing someone's lookin' into all this! These doors don't open like they do on the Dwarf, they keep getting stuck!"

Chloe Decker likes this.
  6. Chloe Decker

Chloe Decker Lucifer

Homicide Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Chloe smiled sadly. After all was said and done, Lucifer was the closest thing to a bestfriend that she had -- well, except maybe Dan. He'd been her husband first of all, though. And then a problem. And then a friend. But her relationship with Lucifer was even more complicated it seemed. He was so much more than a best friend, someone she thought she could really... Well, that is until he'd disappeared out of thin air. They'd had so many moments, so many ups and down, but the detective was still struggling with that particular part. Yet at the same time, he was here and she should be grateful for that. Like this gentlemen, there were so many in Pandora who were still waiting for their friends and family. Chloe's heart pined every day for her daughter, for her mother, Dan, Maze, not to mention Linda and Ella. But Lucifer was here, and he was someone she'd missed terribly. Even if she didn't want to admit it right now.

"Do you think he will?" She asked, secretly wanting a bit of his faith. It was true, if she'd been pulled into Pandora by those damn vines, then there was always a chance one of them could be pulled here too. Chloe's pen hovered over her notepad, her eyes lifting up from her brow. The Cat looked at the detective with pride, his grin wide and reminding Chloe of Trixie when she'd done something especially well and wanted her to know. It made Chloe's heart go out to him.

"Is that a stage name?" She asked The Cat, taking a closer look at his teeth and cat-like features. He pulled it off, she had to admit. "When did you first notice these broken locks?"

The Cat likes this.
  7. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    Whatever was going through the mind of the pretty lady talking to him, The Cat had no idea. Partially because he was a little tired, but mostly because figuring out humans and their emotions and thoughts were hard. Usually, he just left it for Lister to figure out what people were thinking and then he went from there.

She then asked him if he was sure, and The Cat didn't hesitate to respond. "Yeah, I'll find him!" he cried, grinning widely, "I mean, he just woke up one day an' I wasn't alone anymore, so I bet he can do that twice."

His grin disappeared at the lady's second question, replaced by a look of confusion. "Locks? That's what the dispensers would say when I couldn't use 'em," he said, "that I was 'locked out'." He shook his head in bewilderment, "doors ain't supposed to keep people out! How'd you get in places if they were?"

Chloe Decker likes this.
  8. Chloe Decker

Chloe Decker Lucifer

Homicide Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    Chloe couldn't help but smile at the man's optimism. It was almost infectious, and the detective felt her spirits life in spite of herself. Maybe there was hope. There was no point feeling sorry for herself. She had to think about the here and now, even if her end goal was to get back to Trixie. Besides, Lucifer was here. He was her partner, her friend and they could help each other. Sure, things were... Complicated between the them right now, but at the end of the day, they'd always have each anothers backs.

Chloe was only realising just how truly lucky she was to have someone she cared about arrive in Pandora. The odds were against them and yet, somehow, they'd made it here together. She made a mental note to go find him later, and felt a certain kind of bond to the stranger in front of her. His innocence had just made her see things from a different perspective, and he didn't even know it.

"I hope you find him," she told The Cat, and she meant it. "If there's anything I can do... I'll keep an eye out for him -- what's he look like?" His way with words made Chloe smile again, and she stifled a slight chuckle. "I guess you're right," she agreed. Something suddenly clicked. "When you say you've been fiddling with the doors... Have you been opening them all up?" Chloe asked gently. "Trying to find somewhere to sleep?"

The Cat likes this.
  9. The Cat

The Cat Red Dwarf

Race:
    Felis Sapien
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    The Cat was enjoying talking to such a pretty lady who smiled at him like that. Lister would smile like that sometimes, but not as often as he'd just sort of stare at him in confusion. He could learn a thing or two about being positive from this lady.

Thinking briefly, The Cat began to describe Lister. "Well, he's got these dreadlocks, can't miss 'em. He's always wearing the worst clothes. Guy wouldn't know good fashion if it bit him in the ass," he reported. It was nice to know that the lady was going to help, even if he didn't really need it. He'd find Lister eventually.

He blinked at the question about the doors, confused. "Well, yeah," he said, "they're not workin' right. They just stay closed instead of opening."

Chloe Decker likes this.
  10. Chloe Decker

Chloe Decker Lucifer

Homicide Detective
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good
    Directory:
    link
    [​IMG]
    He had a kind face, Chloe realised, considering the man in front of her. Sure, it was a little unorthodox, but given his name it made sense. As a detective she'd grown used to trusting her instincts, especially after discovering the truth about a case and taking a leap that had brought the right men to justice. It had taught her a lot, that experience. Although sticking her neck out had originally backfired and almost got her kicked off the force, she'd been proved vindicated in the end. Chloe had been right, against all odds, and she'd always known it somehow, deep down inside.

Maybe her father had had similar instincts. The detective felt that now as she considered The Cat. He was almost child-like in his innocence and Chloe wondered if his friend, Lister had looked out for him before they'd gotten separated. She nodded as The Cat began to describe his friend, jotting down the description on her notepad. Chloe smiled again before lifting her gaze. "What kinda build is your friend? Would you say he was tall? Short? Somewhere in between?"

Ah. Okay, so the broken locks were not so much a mystery anymore. Of course, there was always a chance that this was all a ruse but Chloe had the impression The Cat just didn't know any better. Things must've been a hell of a lot different where he was from. "Ah, okay, Mr... Cat." She made a face, feeling weird, but quickly pushed past it.

"See, the thing is, those doors are closed because the rooms behind them belong to other people. Like this one," she explained patiently, gesturing around the room. "If someone caught you here, they might think you're breaking an entering and trying to steal something. Or maybe just trespassing." She tilted her head to the side. "It might be best if we find you somewhere to stay that's just your own. What d'ya think?"