By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Autumn is here!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a nice day, Guest!
    Dismiss Notice

Private meeting out of order

Discussion in 'Crystal Vales' started by Nymphadora Tonks, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Nymphadora Tonks

Nymphadora Tonks Harry Potter

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

OCTOBER 2, 109

Tonks had been in Pandora a couple of weeks by now, and all of that time, she had not seen hide nor hair of anyone else from her world. In this place, the Crystal Vales, there were loads of different kinds of sorcerers and witches and wizards, but none of them using magic the like of what Tonks was familiar with. Most seemed to have no need for wands at all, which made Tonks feel a bit jealous. But mostly, she just wanted to find someone from home. Anyone. And yet, over a fortnight had passed and she'd not seen a single wand.

Which was why she stared particularly hard when she was heading back to the inn she stayed in and spotted someone performing magic... with a wand. A young man, around her age, with brown hair and--

Her stare only became even more of a gawk when she realised that this young man looked... familiar. Not in the way that made her think of someone she might have met from her school days, but he reminded her of someone she'd met recently, after Dumbledore had reformed the Order of the Phoenix and brought in past members as well as new. This young man looked like... But no, it was impossible, because the last she'd seen he'd looked so much older, not to mention weathered and worn and not a little bit sickly.

But there, performing magic and apparently realising that someone was gawping at him, was a man who was young and while he might have looked somewhat sad and drawn, he didn't look worn and sickly.

But it was impossible. Merlin's beard, there was no way--

Thud.

She had been too distracted by the young wizard, eyes never leaving him and certainly not looking at where she was going to notice the stone wall looming up in front of her. In fact, she didn't even know it was there at all, not until she got a faceful of it.

#1 Nymphadora Tonks, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Remus Lupin likes this.
  2. Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin Harry Potter

Race:
    Werewolf/ Wizard
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

The village Remus had found, after a few days of wandering from the field he'd landed in, was quaint and peaceful. Squat cottages lined cobblestone roads, the people were friendly and kind, trees grew all around. The weather that October day was mild, the blue sky mottled by sparse, fluffy clouds, blown along by a gentle breeze that carried falling leaves of bronzes and golds and reds with it. All in all, the area made for a beautiful picture.

Remus lay on his back beneath a great oak tree, a big red leaf kept above him with his wand. When it fell too close, he'd push another small whoosh of air at it, and then watch it float gently back down, twirling as it did.

What was he doing? He didn't know. Mostly, he was doing his best not to think about anything in particular, but that had failed him a bit ago. His mind was swimming with memories, of regrets, things he understood he could never go back and fix, now that he was here. It was all just... gone. Anyone who'd known James or Peter or... Sirius. Any recording of a Wizarding War that had claimed so many lives. There was no record here that they'd ever existed, not here. They were nothing, but still they meant everything to him.

Just gone. But then, they'd already been gone– his friends, at least. Dead, dead, imprisoned. What did it matter, here or there? Now or then? He was still alone.

Then, a color that didn't belong in the spectrum of this little town came wandering into his vision. He turned his head, to see a woman walking past with the brightest pink hair he'd ever seen. Staring straight at him. Brow tightening in confusion, he began to sit up a little– only for her to promptly smack into the wall of a building.

Remus's eyes widened, and he pushed up, tucking away the wand and taking a few steps toward the woman. "Blimey– Are you alright?" he called to her. He couldn't hide that he was a bit amused by what he'd just seen.

Nymphadora Tonks likes this.
  3. Nymphadora Tonks

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Tonks fell back after she smacked right into the wall, landing on her back on the cobblestone road with a yelp and then a groan as the wind was knocked right out of her and she blinked up at the sky, not a little bit dazed. And of course, the strangely familiar wizard had noticed. Great.

Still staring blearily up at the sky, Tonks thrust a fist up into the air with her thumb sticking up. "It's all good!" she called back merrily. "Just testing the road! It's very..." She cast about for a sufficient description, settling on, "cobbly."

Once she'd managed to get the wind back in her lungs, Tonks got back to her feet, brushing down her backside to get dirt off it before she settled dark eyes on the young wizard. "Gosh..." she murmured, cocking her head and squinting at him like she couldn't quite see him. "You look really familiar." Realising she was staring, she started, and both her cheeks and her hair went a deeper pink. "Sorry. That's rude. My mum would have a fit if she could see my manners."

Remus Lupin likes this.
  4. Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin Harry Potter

Race:
    Werewolf/ Wizard
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

The road was.. cobbly. Well, he couldn't argue with that, could he?

A brow climbed, a small smirk finding its way to his thin lips as the pink-haired girl climbed back to her feet. But then, right away, she gave him that look again, that was just a bit too focused to be in passing. She called him familiar, but Remus felt certain that if he'd met her before, he'd damn well remember.

"I do?" Maybe he just had one of those faces; though he also sort of doubted that, with the scars in various degrees of healing on his cheeks, one dipping down his jaw and into his neck. But he gave her a small smile anyways, to show he wasn't offended. Just... confused. Was her hair darker than it had been a moment ago?

"I, ah– well, my name's Remus," he offered, a bit awkwardly. "But sorry, I don't–?" He gave a sheepish laugh at his failing memory. She wasn't familiar, not in the slightest. Besides the hair, her features were– she was pretty. And Remus didn't talk to many pretty girls these days, or, well... in general. He'd be rather disappointed in himself if they had met, and he was being so thick-skulled.

5. Nymphadora Tonks

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She was busy running through the list of possible places that she might have seen him, up to and including whether he'd served her in a cafe once or if maybe he had just been at school. He looked like the kind of guy who'd hide away in a library never to see the light of day.

So busy thinking was she, in fact, that it took several seconds for it to click that he'd said his name. And if she'd been staring before, her jaw practically dropped at that. "Remus?" She abruptly laughed, a sound that was airy but unnerved both at the same time. "No way. That's impossible." Remus wasn't a common name. To find a wizard called Remus, who looked familiar? Coincidences were a thing, sure, but this? This was just freaky.

Realising he wanted her to introduce herself, she hurried on, tripping over her words just as surely as she tripped over anything else. It was the situation. The situation was not... a normal one. "I'm Lupin. I mean-- I'm Tonks. You're Lupin. Remus Lupin. Right?"

Remus Lupin likes this.
  6. Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin Harry Potter

Race:
    Werewolf/ Wizard
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

Remus made a bit of a face when she outright laughed at his name– that was new– and then merely gaped a moment when she called it impossible. She was... she was strange, wasn't she? He laughed, almost nervously, unsure what to say for himself. Luckily, she continued on, stumbling over her words until she got there. Remus Lupin. She was Tonks. A strange name, for a strange girl.

"Yes, that'd be me," he laughed a bit, his grin lifting at one corner. But still, hard as he tried to search his mind, he couldn't recall her from anywhere. "I'm really sorry, I just... don't remember where we've met." He turned his head a bit, hoping she would enlighten him, and maybe that would do it.

7. Nymphadora Tonks

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    This was.... weird. Impossible. Not right at all. She had seen Remus Lupin right before being brought to Pandora, and he'd been a lot older. Maybe even two decades older. And now he stood there, right in front of her, looking the same age as her?

He was pretty cute in his youth. Not that he wasn't when he was older, because she couldn't help but think so, but he was definitely even cuter when he was young.

"Uhh... When we met, right..." She laughed again, because how was she meant to even explain without sounding crazy? She rubbed her hands together with an air that could almost have been called nervous, biting her bottom lip before she continued. "We met in London... In the summer of 1995."

#7 Nymphadora Tonks, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Remus Lupin likes this.
  8. Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin Harry Potter

Race:
    Werewolf/ Wizard
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

He'd taken on a bit of a guilty look, because it wasn't like Remus often forgot other people. Other people forgot about him– or, at least, found him alright until James or Sirius showed up. Funnier, more attractive, certainly louder. For that, he didn't truly resent either– he did better anyways, hanging slightly in the background.

Except their memories sent a pang through his chest, and his expression faltered. At least, Tonks seemed too lost in thought to notice. Though, when she finally produced how they'd met, his eyes about bugged out of his skull.

"Nineteen ninety– what?" His look was one of disbelief, not because he all-in-all found her untrustworthy, but because: "But it's only 1981, when I left London." His face had scrunched up a bit as he considered this. Pandora, this place– he knew it was bizarre, beyond all reason. But he hadn't been met with this sort of oddity, not yet.

"I haven't met anyone else from our world," he added, a bit later, deciding that was what mattered more. That, one way or another, they had met. And had a home in common. "It's nice to hear someone say London." He smiled a bit at Tonks.

9. Nymphadora Tonks

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    At the very least, the expression on his face when she told him what year was hilarious, not least because now that she had a confirmation of who he was, she could easily see his older features alongside the cuter, younger ones, and she hadn't seen such a funny look on the older Remus. Just imagining his eyes bugging out when he was however-many-years-older made her giggle.

"Wish I was kidding, but I'm not. 1995. I swear it on my whole Weird Sisters discography." She made her tone as earnest as she could, wanting him to believe her. It wasn't like she had any reason to lie about it, at least. Then she realised that, being from 1981, this younger Remus would never have even heard about it because the bandmembers would probably still have been kids. Whatever.

She was glad when he moved on, though she couldn't really tell if he had decided to believe her about the year or if he thought she was a nutter. "It is!" she agreed enthusiastically. She'd spoken to a fair few people but none of them had been British. Or witches or wizards. "You're the first person I've seen with a wand. That's why I was staring at first, because I saw you doing magic. Never realised I could actually miss the sight of someone with a wand until I didn't see it for weeks." She shrugged, before fixing her dark eyes on Remus. Now that she wasn't feeling humiliated any more, her hair shifted back to a brighter pink. "How long have you been around?"

Remus Lupin likes this.
  10. Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin Harry Potter

Race:
    Werewolf/ Wizard
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

He only tried to consider what the Weird Sisters might be for about a second before deciding that, regardless... he believed her. It wouldn't have been the craziest thing, he supposed, considering the apparent nature of this place. He nodded along. "Right, of course," he conceded, as though he understood the reference completely.

She went on to describe why she'd been staring in the first place– not because she'd recognized him, but because of the wand. Remus immediately brightened. "You're a witch, then?" He concluded naturally, having not been sure before. That was brilliant– he hadn't met another, not like him, yet. Their common world narrowed to something more meaningful, and Remus wondered if he'd met his first friend here. He sure hope so.

He heard her question, but was distracted as she spoke by the definitely changing color of her hair. His brow furrowed a moment, though he didn't want to be rude and just stare. "I– not long. A couple weeks. Um, that thing with your hair... you know it's doing a thing, right?" His brow raised at Tonks.

11. Nymphadora Tonks

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She grinned. "I'm either a witch or just so curious about magic I stare at people doing it. I'll let you decide." She laughed brightly, bouncing a little on the balls of her feet. There was a sense of excitement hanging about her, not just at finally meeting another person of magic, but at meeting Remus, and at a younger age too. She felt unusually pleased that it was him she had met in particular. Maybe it was because he was paying her a lot more attention than he had in Grimmauld Place.

His awkward comment about her hair made her grin widen into something highly amused, eyes twinkling. "You mean like this?" she asked, and then wrinkled her nose a bit in concentration until her hair changed from short and pink to waist -length platinum blonde.

Remus Lupin likes this.
  12. Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin Harry Potter

Race:
    Werewolf/ Wizard
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

"Ah, I see," Remus replied in amusement, knowing full well she was a witch, or she wouldn't know Remus was a wizard. He wasn't careless with that sort of thing around muggles. Still, he found himself quite amused with the bit of spunk she gave off.

He was glad when the comment about her hair wasn't taken poorly, and also that he wasn't imagining things himself– but when it suddenly fell down to her waist, color brightening to a nearly white-blond, he found himself gaping at the young woman once again. "You're a metamorphmagus!" he realized aloud. "I've never met one before." His gaze that had fallen the length of her hair lifted back to her face, a grin on his lips. "Is it true? You can change anything about your appearance at will? Or does it just save you a trip to the hair stylist." His grin widened.

13. Nymphadora Tonks

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    She loved seeing people's reactions to what she could do. She didn't mind being stared at or anything like that; if anything, she revelled in it, as long as she was actually morphing for the attention. It made it so much more fun, and she got enjoyment from other people enjoying it. She'd entertained little kids many times by changing bits of her face to look funny or silly. Getting smiles always made it worth it.

She wasn't surprised that Remus knew exactly what she was right off the bat. He was the clever type, that much had been clear right from the moment she'd met him in London. Quiet and clever, the kind of guy that had always been secretly her type. She smiled.

"I mean, I use it mostly for that, to be fair," she admitted, with a shrug of her slender shoulders and a tinkling laugh. "But nah, I can change everything. Even all at once, if I want. You don't want to know how many detentions I got into at Hogwarts because I literally impersonated the teachers. Got me into trouble with Snape especially. He hated it." She wrinkled her nose, wondering if Remus at this age even knew that Snape worked at Hogwarts. Had he started by 1981? She had no idea. "It's handy though. I got top marks in Concealment and Disguise in Auror training without having to study." It wasn't the first time she'd boasted about that and it definitely wasn't going to be the last.

Remus Lupin likes this.
  14. Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin Harry Potter

Race:
    Werewolf/ Wizard
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

Remus's brow steadily rose, that he was impressed clear in his eyes. He could only imagine what they could have gotten up to at Hogwarts, if him and—

He stopped that train of thought. That time of his life was over, the pranks and the laughter. The people in those memories were gone, just dark shadows cast over his life where they'd once been the brightest life.

Then she mentioned Snape, and Remus did a double-take. "What– you don't mean Severus Snape?"

15. Nymphadora Tonks

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    It was plain that he was impressed; she knew because she'd seen that expression on his face before, a few months ago. His face had been more worn and lined, but it had still been the same face, with that same expression. The sudden reminder of the moment after they had first met - in his future; how weird - made her smile.

"'Course," she said when he chose to focus on Snape out of everything she'd said. Well, at least that had answered her curiosity of whether he yet knew Snape had chosen a career at Hogwarts. His shock was kind of comical. And kind of cute. "Was he so greasy and nasty when you guys were at school?" She shrugged. "He's the Potions Master nowadays. Tried to get the Defense Against the Dark Arts post but everyone knows Dumbledore didn't let him have it." No one knew why. Of course, there were rumours, but Tonks herself didn't really know what to think about them. Snape was a part of the Order, and Dumbledore trusted him. And Tonks? She trusted Dumbledore with her life, whatever decisions he made.

Remus Lupin likes this.
  16. Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin Harry Potter

Race:
    Werewolf/ Wizard
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good

"Ah, yes, yes he was," Remus muttered. The mentioned of Snape, out of everyone, becoming a professor– he was a Death Eater! His gaze fell away from Tonks, his brow furrowing as he mind ran. Dumbledore would have known. It didn't make sense.

But Tonks didn't leave it at a yes– she continued on, and Remus was dragged straight from his thoughts to try and keep up. She could talk fast, couldn't she? Though what she had to say was interesting– it seemed Dumbledore, perhaps, wasn't so clueless. Of course not. There were few individuals Remus trusted inherently as Albus Dumbledore. He could only imagine what could have happened, what the man's reasons were.

Either way, he didn't wish to dwell on thoughts of Snape. "That's... something," he snorted, deciding to leave it at that. And move right along, latching on to something she'd mentioned earlier, before it had gotten lost. "You said you're an Auror?"

17. Nymphadora Tonks

Race:
    Human - Witch
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    By the time Remus focused back onto her earlier mention of being an Auror, Tonks had clocked his faintly lost, bemused expression and couldn't help but look a bit sheepish. "Merlin's beard, I'm doing it again, aren't I?" she said with a bit of a sigh. "My mum always said my tongue moved a dozen times faster than my brain. So did most of my teachers actually." She grinned. "Sorry."

She nearly mentioned that he'd been just as bemused when they met in his future, but she didn't really know how much he'd like mention of his future. She decided it'd be better to just leave it and see if he actually asked about it first.

So what was it he'd asked? Oh, being an Auror. "Yep!" she said enthusiastically. She knew she was not at all what people imagined when it came to Aurors. People expected quiet, dour men and women in dark Ministry suits or robes depending on their surroundings. Certainly dressed in black and sternly stoic, anyway. People never expected someone like Tonks. Pink hair, quick speech and easy grins weren't the usual traits of an Auror. But then, people didn't normally get to see Aurors drunk at a Christmas party. That was definitely a memory and a half.

Pausing - with some clear difficulty - Tonks cocked her head as she looked at Remus. They were still standing there in the same place where she'd popped up to her feet after knocking herself over. Standing around wasn't a good way to catch up. Or... or get to know someone, she supposed, as the case was with Remus. "D'you want to grab a coffee or something?" she asked. She'd actually been thinking of asking that very question to his older counterpart before she'd arrived her. Odd how much easier it was when he was her age. "I promise I'll make my tongue slow down."

Remus Lupin likes this.