HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

mind on fire || Nic's Organizer!

Discussion in 'Player Organizers' started by Nic, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Nic

Nic Coordinator
    Plots & Events Division Application Division

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict

[​IMG]

INTRO TO NIC
    Hey there!! I'm Nic, mother to three heathens, and lover of coffee, writing, and The Expanse. Roleplaying is pretty much the only thing that keeps me (mostly) sane these days. I love to chat with and get to know my writing partners and basically anyone on the site, so please feel free to toss me a PM or DM (on Discord) any time!

A GENERAL NOTE ABOUT PRIORITIZING
    I prioritize threads and plots that are taking place in the current season by default, so if we have an older thread from a past season that you'd like me to prioritize, please just let me know! You can post here, send me a PM, or DM on Discord!

ROLEPLAY PREFERENCES
    I'm a super laid-back person and the most important thing to me in a RP partner is someone who is willing to communicate! The best part about roleplaying, for me, is that it's a collaboration between people bringing their creative ideas together to create exciting stories.

Quality over Quantity! - I don't expect my partners to mirror my post lengths, I just expect to be given enough to work with. If you prefer that I match your length (whether long or short), please let me know! Otherwise my post length tends to vary depending on muse level and situation. On average my posts are usually between 400 and 800 words.
    Communication, Communication, Communication! - Above all, just talk to me! Let me know what your ideas are, if you don't like something in my post, if you've been waiting a while and are worried I've forgotten a thread, etc. etc. I have no way of knowing what you're thinking unless you tell me. I'll show you the same courtesy!
    Violence/Conflict - Unless I know you well, I won't ever have my character physically affect yours without asking you first, and I'd really appreciate it if you do the same for me. I also prefer to glaze over the details of violence rather than writing everything out blow-by-blow.
    Romance - Usually, romance isn't my focus for my characters. They all have plots and lives outside of any single relationship. That said, I definitely enjoy writing and developing it! If you feel like our characters would mesh, don't hesitate to hit me up! They don't have to be from the same canon, crossovers can be a lot of fun.
    LIMITS
    My limits typically depend on how well I know my RP partner. I'll definitely chat with you if we're coming up on a scene that potentially oversteps my comfort zone, but overall I'm pretty laid back in this area!

#1 Nic, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    NAOMI NAGATA
    THE EXPANSE

Engineering genius, Executive Officer of the Rocinante, a Martian warship. Born and raised on space stations, doesn't like being in Pandora's gravity for long periods of time. Snarky, intelligent, tries to do the Right Thing. Compassionate and empathetic, genuinely cares about people.

Currently in PandoraMost of Naomi's energies for Spring are going to be focused toward Project Elysium, StarsX's big space station construction project. However, early in the season a despair demon has weaseled its way into her mind and begun wreaking havoc. She'll become increasingly moody and volatile and toward the middle of the season her actions will become noticeably atypical.

Muse Level
    Replies typically within 1-5 days.

[​IMG]
    ALYSSA
    THE END OF THE F***ING WORLD

Rebellious, sassy, abrasive. Sarcasm and vulgarity are this troubled teen's defense against the world. At heart she's a good kid who's just trying to find her way in a world that's big and mean.

Currently in PandoraAlyssa is being accidentally turned into a werewolf by @Tom McNair this season, so she'll be spending most of Spring trying to deal. Outside of full moons it's mostly going to make her extra moody and foul-mouthed and maybe a little more volatile than normal. She's currently working as @Irene Adler's secretary, just trying to make enough money to afford food and maybe eventually a place to live.

Muse Level
    Replies typically within 5-10 days.

[​IMG]
    KRISTIN ORTEGA
    ALTERED CARBON

Detective. Sharp, resilient, sarcastic, quick-tempered, driven. Good instincts, driven by her emotions, perceptive.

Currently in PandoraOrtega made a bit of a stir in Winter Y7 when she blamed the government for some violence. Since then she's been acting as Robb Stark's personal aide of sort so he can keep a closer eye on her. This season she'll be focusing on earning her badge back, so to speak.

Muse Level
    Replies typically within 2-5 days.

#2 Nic, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  3. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict

[​IMG]
    CAROL PELETIER
    THE WALKING DEAD

Grey-haired Queen. Livin' that hermit-life in Silverwood, just outside of Misty Hollow. Bakes some hella good cookies. Soft spot for kids. Emotional but strong. Will move Heaven and Earth for the people she loves.

Currently in PandoraStill living in Silverwood but not quite as hermit-mode as before. Early in the season she'll be going after the Shiverman to free @Chise Hatori from an icy cage. Mostly she sticks to the woods, with occasional visits to Misty Hollow.

Muse Level

[​IMG]
    BOBBIE DRAPER
    THE EXPANSE

Six-and-a-half-foot tall Space Marine badass. Married to Betsy (Goliath MK III Powered Armor Suit). Bobbie is pretty easy to get along with as long as you're not a total dick.

Currently in PandoraBobbie has taken command of the Starfighter Corps out of Horizon. She's currently looking for pilots, mechanics, and characters with an aptitude to be trained. When she's not in Horizon she's probably in Cascade Bay enjoying the view of the ocean.

Muse Level
    Replies typically within 3-7 days.

[​IMG]
    MAIA ROBERTS
    SHADOWHUNTERS

Werewolf. Fierce, protective, loyal, smart, driven, stubborn. Self-assured, will stand toe to toe with anyone who threatens her pack/people.

Currently in PandoraBartending in Cascade Bay. Sunbathes and surfs in her spare time.

Muse Level

#3 Nic, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  4. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    placeholder

#4 Nic, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Zoë Washburne and Riza Hawkeye

Ladies with guns. I am so working on Riza's 'poker night' roster, which I'm sort of starting to imagine as some sort of 'ladies who lunch' low-key hero group. That being said, I know I have bugged entirely too many of your people with Riza but I do think they'd get along. Plus if she's out there in the woods, Riza running into her while doing some stuff for Morhall isn't that out of the blue. Unless they're in space, then things could get complicated I guess?

How about they fight off some zombie bears or something? I dunno. Awesomeness and shenanigans. XD

Nic likes this.
  6. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    ZOMBIE BEARS, YES.
    [​IMG]

Let's do this. >:]
    Would January sometime be okay?? I need to give Zoe some wiggle room in December but she is free the rest of the season!!

7. Twist

Twist Your dish of T

Race:
    Random
    @Zoë Washburne and the Zombie Bears

yasssss, January would be GREAT. :D Especially since that'll leave a ton of time for the woods to pile up with snow and stuff. (Plus if they burn these bodies the forest won't catch fire.) Would you prefer to start, or would you like me to?

8. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    Do you mind starting this one? Then I can start our Fitz/Naomi thread once we figure out dates and stuff!

9. Max!

Max! Player

Spider
    Race:
    Kangaroo
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @Nic Hi Nic!

Plot ideas! First up is A2, who I was thinking could maybe mesh well with Naomi? A2 is an android and I was thinking it could be interesting to get her involved with the StarsX program for many reasons. She was born in space, she's insanely good at combat and knows a thing or two about how to run operations from orbit. I'm not sure she'd be convinced right away though, so I wanted her to potentially run into someone who worked for them and talk to them about it, before making any decisions. As long as Naomi could convince her that StarsX wasn't in any way bad, or has nefarious purposes I think she'd seriously consider it. Another good thing about A2 is that she doesn't need to eat, at all, requires little sleep and only needs maintenance here and there. So I mean, she's kind of the perfect crew member, but - yeah!

Second is Bucky, I don't really have any solid ideas for him yet, other than the fact I think he could probably get a long with Bobbie next season when he's feeling a bit more in his own mind. But I'm a huge fan of developing relationships so its not out of the question them meeting could evolve into something more friendly. Plus he has a huge aptitude for kicking ass and taking names, so that's gotta be helpful right? Let me know what you think!

Nic likes this.
  10. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    A2 & Naomi
    ooooh, this could be really interesting!! Naomi hasn't had much interaction with AIs, and none that look so human. I think she would be incredibly intrigued by A2... and part of her would probably want to take her apart to see how she works but that's only before she realizes A2 is a fully sentient/self-aware individual. <_< BUTYES, how did you want to go about this? I could have Naomi at some kind of StarsX Expo geared toward recruiting skilled individuals for the project, if A2 would go to something like that?? This would likely be mid-February or so, if that would work for you!

Bucky and Bobbie
    That has a cool ring to it, eh? xD BUTYES I'd love for these two to meet!! What sort of thread would you be interested in for their initial introduction? Like something full of action, or something more casual??

Max! likes this.
  11. Max!

Max! Player

Spider
    Race:
    Kangaroo
    Alignment:
    True Neutral
    @Nic

Naomi
    Ahaha, omg. Naomi no, you can't take apart A2! Though, that said, if Naomi had any hacking devices or something where she could connect to A2 digitally, A2 would probably allow her access to some of her memory systems and basic functions so she could take a look around, without actually cutting her open. Some things she'd of course block off, but she's not adverse to the idea! Maybe that could help their friendship along? I think A2 would for sure go to a StarsX Expo, she'd be intrigued about what they had to say and what their goals were.

I mentioned before she's apprehensive, but that's because the organisation that made her, turned out to be one big lie and created her with the soul purpose to die to farm data - so, yeah she has trust isses. StarsX seems genuine and as long as Naomi speaks honestly about, she won't have any issues in signing up for the project.

Mid Feb sounds fantastic, the only dates A2 isn't available are 25 Jan and 1 Feb, so she's wide open! I'm also happy to talk more about their relationship / any further ideas over discord if you prefer? Either way I'm really excited for this and I love the Expanse so, getting the chance to thread with Naomi is like eeeeeee!!!

Bucky and Bobbie
    Bucky and Bobbie does have a nice ring to it! LOL. To be honest I don't mind, something action based could be fun? Bucky is sort of going to be based around Cascade Bay but I have no issues in making him travel around just to get the lay of the land and stuff. Its quite possible he could end up attacked by bandits or something similar and she could be passing by and maybe helps him out? We could then follow up with something more casual to further cement their friendship, like meeting up at a bar or something? I'm a big fan of things stretching across multiple threads so I'm always going to suggest, WHY NOT BOTH? What do you think?

Nic likes this.
  12. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    @Max!
    I actually don't think Naomi would want to dig around in A2's programming once she realizes the extent of A2's sentience. Or if she does beforehand and realizes after, she'd feel really bad because it'd be like peeking into someone's mind. It could actually be a fun concept to play with!!

And yeah, you can absolutely DM me on Discord! Even if I'm offline feel free to toss me a message. I'm usually on mobile!

I'm also right there with you on developing relationships! I really enjoy fleshing them out and threading with the same characters more than once. Maybe for Bobbie and Bucky we can have the action-packed stuff in the first thread, and then they can chill with some beers in their next one. 8D if Bucky is hanging out in CB, I could easily have Bobbie there for a job! She visits CB occasionally because she really likes to see the water. :D

But yesss, feel free to hit me up on Discord if you would like to finalize details there!

EDIT: my Discord is Nic#1060 btw!!

Max! likes this.
  13. Riot

Riot Player

Hey there! How does Alyssa feel about dogs? :D Okay, wolves.

@Okami Amaterasu is a sun goddess in a wolf-shaped package who oozes goodness out of every pore. She would disapprove of the things Alyssa's getting into, but since Ammy can't speak human languages and looks like a normal wolf to people without magic/spiritual powers, from Alyssa's point of view she would just have an eerily intelligent canine following her around while whining with a really sad look in its eyes. Ammy is extremely patient and generally forgiving of humans unless they're absolutely murderous monsters, so she's not going to hurt Alyssa even if she lashes out.

Those are the general thoughts I have, anyway! Let me know if you're interested. If you'd rather do something else (even with different characters of yours or mine), I'm also open to ideas!

Nic likes this.
  14. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    @Riot
    Oh man this sounds like so much fun!!
    How persistent would Amaterasu be in following Alyssa around? I just got this image in my head of Alyssa trying to get rid of this wolf-shadow because it keeps following her around, foiling her attempts at pick-pocketing and shoplifting, lol! Maybe just by whining or barking as she's about to snatch something, so she has to abandon her efforts. XD

Alyssa would be extremely put-off and would look very >:|. She would probably do a lot of swearing, might even throw things at Ammy, etc. xDD but if she got desperate enough, she might start looking for someone who can help her get rid of the "over-sized mutt" following her around, and in the process maybe she finds someone who can actually talk to Ammy? This could be an NPC or we could involve someone else!

Thoughts??

Riot likes this.
  15. Riot

Riot Player

As persistent as you want her to be! She'll basically start out at a "oh no a troubled youth" level, but probably fade down to "this one is a lost cause" if the stalking gets tiresome.

Interference can go beyond just barking, too. Ammy manifests what is basically magic powers using the movements of her tail -- imagine Alyssa trying to pickpocket somebody and a gust of wind comes out of nowhere that's so strong it almost knocks her over, or she keeps tripping on vines that grow out of someplace they weren't present just a second ago. I don't know how perceptive Alyssa is, but she might think she's haunted, haha.

If this theoretical thread takes place in Pandora Town, I have a bakery shop owner NPC in mind who could help her get rid of her wolfy shadow. :D

Nic likes this.
  16. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    @Riot
    So I had a thought about how they initially meet: would Amaterasu intervene if Alyssa were to find herself in a spot of trouble? I was thinking maybe some thugs could harass her in an alley somewhere, maybe Ammy comes out of nowhere and scares them off somehow. So it starts with Alyssa being sort of "uh... Thanks. I guess.." then evolves into "I know you helped me and that's cool, but you're seriously disrupting my crime-groove here" to "omfg go away you mangy @#_+#(@ mutt!! >:|"

And yeah, she might totally end up thinking she's haunted. Or think she's going crazy. Or that the government has shot her up with hallucinogens and is performing some whacked out social experience.

Really, there's no end to what she can come up with lol! Did you have any particular dates in mind?

Riot likes this.
  17. Riot

Riot Player

I like that development a lot and I'm all for it!

Ammy's occupied on Dec 6th, Jan 20th, and Feb 10th, otherwise I have no preference on how early or late in the season the thread's set.

Nic likes this.
  18. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    How about Feb 1st? And do you have a preference to who starts?

Riot likes this.
  19. Riot

Riot Player

1st of February is fine. In this context, I think it's better if you start, but I can also kick off the thread if you like. :D

Nic likes this.
  20. Nic

Nic Coordinator

Small Child Wrangler
    Race:
    Coffee Addict
    I can start! It'll be later tonight or sometime tomorrow most likely, but I'mma add it to my list so I don't forget. :D

Riot likes this.