HeaderBox1

Welcome
to Pandora

By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box. Only the box is a world of its own.

We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.

Spotlight

Story Hub Banner

Want to add a quote? Submit them here!

1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! July 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. This beautiful little ranch along with its famous Lon Lon milk are back! Just don't harass the Cuccos. Make sure to visit while it's still here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A voice has begun narrating the inner thoughts of the citizens of Pandora! Read more about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Pandora is searching for staff.
    Click here for more information!

Private Miracle on Cascade Sands

Discussion in 'Cascade Sands & Docks' started by Elsa, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    December 25th, Year 7
    @Anna

Christmas Morning. Elsa couldn’t remember the last time she had ever fully celebrated Christmas, having committed herself to a life seclusion for everyone else’s safety. She didn’t think their family had any traditions whatsoever, or if her parents had had any, they were all but a hazy memory. It was just one of the many regrets Elsa had taken the time to think about ever since she came to Pandora.

It had been over two months, and she still hadn’t found Anna. It seemed ridiculous, given that her sister lived here, and others knew her. But her search had proved fruitless and Elsa was running out of options. Cascade Bay was by no means small and trying to comb every inch of it herself had proved to be very difficult, especially since she’d only just fully gotten her bearings.

With little else to do on this day that was full of cheer for most, Elsa had travelled down to the beach where everything had begun. She knew the route well by now, and made good time getting there. It was colder than when she’d first arrived, she knew, even though she couldn’t feel it herself.

Her heels sank into the sand as she made her way towards the water. The wind whipped through her braid, sending it flying high over her shoulders. Fortunately, it seemed her powers had no bearing on the weather in Pandora, something she was grateful for.

Elsa gazed out towards the horizon, where the water glistened from the sun. She stood straight, hands clasped at her waist, ever composed despite the sadness she felt inside. Her lips tugged down into a frown as her eyes started to become wet with tears.

“Merry Christmas, Anna.”
    She murmured, still staring straight ahead, unaware of any of the other goings around her.

#1 Elsa, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. Anna

Anna Frozen

Oracle at Apollo's Temple
    Race:
    Human
    Today had been a day off from everything. Responsibilities at the temple, dealing with their very unwelcomed and disliked guest, to really doing anything. As much as she had celebrated last year, this year just didn't seem to have much going for it. She again, had lost nearly everything and the only pieces left were her job and a few people she knew, only one of them had she known before moving into the home she did, and practically everyone else there had settled in as a younger sibling in her mind, still nothing as close to people she had before in previous years.

She had gone out to the beach to get away from the noise in town and draw in the sand. She had left Apollo a small present, not that he actually needed them or anything, but she had found it rather entertaining to find sunglasses in the shape of suns, for a sun god.

Anna was bundled up in a thick blanket as she sat in the sand drawing out Olaf before erasing him and starting over. It had been so long since she had seen him, her sister too, though the latter had been around last year. She had had one holiday in recent memory that she could safely say felt right. It had been with some friends and family, it felt like how she always imagined people felt on the holidays and this year was a stark contrast to it. Despite having a house full of people, her dealings with Philip left her feeling alienated.

"Ugh! No... he doesn't wear shoes," Anna muttered to herself as she dragged the stick over the image of Olaf until her slate was clean. Sitting there, she glanced back down her path, every few feet a new little Olaf doodle, but they were all missing something. For years she had tried slipping her sister that memory they shared, each year a little more detailed or elaborate, but always the same thing. It wouldn't be the first year that she had no one to give anything to, but after all she had been through it felt the hardest.

It took a while for her to acknowledge that there was someone else on the beach, standing directly in her Olaf path, and even longer for it to sink in as to whom she was looking at. Everything told her that she should just turn around and ignore it, that of all the things in Pandora, it was just some illusion, but she was so desperate to have anything back that she gave in and hoped. Rising to her feet, blanket still around her, Anna approached the woman, more and more hope filling her as she got closer before she was sure who it was. "Elsa?"

There was only the smallest hint of hesitation in her voice. There was plenty that had gone on unsaid but she had witnessed her taken, this wasn't the same one no matter how much the memory lingered. "Are you real?" Anna hoped that she was, prayed that this wasn't some illusion or joke played by some heartless jerk. She needed this to be her sister.

Elsa likes this.
  3. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    The grief Elsa felt on this day was unbearable; she knew Anna was out there, and not being able to find her felt like just another failure to add her long list in life. Since it was Christmas, all she could do was think about how many opportunities she’d missed with her sister, how many holidays and birthdays she’d declined to celebrate with her.

For someone who was prone to jumping at her own shadow, it was ironic that she did not sense the presence near her until they were nearly beside her. That voice. It couldn’t be. The one that she heard so often in her dreams and the one that she wanted more than anything to hear again.

Barely daring to turn her head, Elsa didn’t respond at first, wanting this to be real as much as her sister unknowingly did. This had to be her, it just had to. She finally turned, drinking in the sight of Anna as though she were seeing her for the first time. It took all her strength not to well up again; no, she had to be the strong one. Be the responsible, older sister that she always should have been.

Anna was clad in a blanket, something that brought Elsa relief. At least she had something to shield her from the shore’s bitter cold. For once, all of the diplomacy that seemed to come so naturally to her was lost, and she managed to choke out, “Yes…yes, Anna, it is me.” Her arms ached to reach out and envelope her sister, but she refrained from doing so. She had no idea how Anna truly felt about her, although, if it was anything negative, Elsa couldn’t blame her.

4. Anna

Anna Frozen

Race:
    Human
    She could have just cried there on the spot. After all she had been through, even with all the doubt, seeing her sister there was truly the best thing in the world for her right now. Two steps and that natural grace kicked in as she stumbled across the sand, managing to catch herself before she took another step and enjoyed a face full of cold, damp sand.

Stabilizing herself, she was just a step away from her sister, feeling about as awkward as she had at the coronation. It felt like it had been so long since she had last seen her and despite everything, all the pretenses dropped and she threw her arms around her sister and instantly closed the gap between them. Anna buried herself against her sister and was shaking, not from the cold but from the tears she was fighting back. It may not have been much, but having just one person that she could share the few memories they shared meant so much to her after the years of constant loss here.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you," she managed to get out without completely losing control of herself. When she was fairly certain that if she did not release her sister that she'd end up cracking one of her ribs, Anna took just the smallest of steps away, fighting back tears and smiling. This was the best news she had had in a while, her smile far more genuine than it had been since Leo had shown up at her door. "You're really back?" A tear had slipped out, but she just smiled.
    Anna reached out to touch her sister as though she expected her hand to just go through the woman.
    "I'm not just going crazy?"

Elsa likes this.
  5. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    The urge to reach out only increased as her sister stumbled over the sands, but fortunately regained balance just in time. They had been a contrast, Anna and her; one more accident prone and clumsy, the other graceful and (seemingly) serene. Elsa sometimes envied the other woman’s more carefree nature, although she knew that Anna was not as cheerful as she always appeared to be.

All of Elsa’s last defences broke as Anna threw her arms around her. Unlike the last time her sister had tried to reach out, this time the blonde didn’t hold back. She squeezed the younger woman tightly and rested her head against her shoulder.

I probably have some idea… Elsa thought to herself at Anna’s comment, remembering her frantic searches all over Cascade Bay. But this was years in the making and the fact she had a chance to hold her sister once more and rebuild their relationship…how many were that lucky?

“I am, Anna. I really am,”
    she managed to choke out as they stared at each other. Anna’s reflection was mirrored in her own as a tear also ran down her own face.

She caught her sister’s hand in her own and clasped it tightly. “You’re not. I’m real, this…this is all real.”

Her smile faltered as she took in Anna’s features again, as though seeing them for the first time. “Anna-I-…I’m so sorry…” Elsa’s voice cracked as more tears began to stream down her face.

Anna likes this.
  6. Anna

Anna Frozen

Race:
    Human
    When her sister's hand enveloped hers, Anna jumped. Even though she could see her, hear her, and touch her, she was still in denial until that moment that her sister was actually present. Anna couldn't have put into words what she was feeling right now, everything seemed to be hitting at once and her mind wasn't sure if it should make her laugh, cry, or just fall over and reboot.

What was she apologizing for? For some accident that had happened years ago? For the fact that they had grown up separate under the same roof and missed out on things everyone else had growing up? It couldn't have been for things that had happened in this world, she had no idea what her sister had been through over the years she had been here or what her previous copies of herself had done. Anna awkwardly wiped away her own tears and just smiled before hugging her sister again. Whatever she was sorry for was in the past and nothing could change that, they just had years of catching up to do, again. "Don't be," she told her before releasing her sister again.

"Elsa, how long have you been here? The last time I saw you..." she trailed off, frowning a bit at the memory of the last time she had seen her sister. "I think it's been almost a year."

Elsa likes this.
  7. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    She wanted to tighten her grip, to show Anna she really was there, but hesitated as her sister jumped. Elsa almost felt foolish for beginning to sob; she should be the strong one, after everything. But she couldn’t help it; the grief and guilt she’d felt, now mixed with elation and relief, was too much.

Anna’s reply surprised her, but also it was something she should’ve expected. Her sister had always had that selfless air about her, had always put others before herself. The blonde knew that from how Anna had followed her to her ice palace, had stepped in front of Hans’ blade, despite near death herself. So she let Anna embrace her once more, burying her face into her shoulder.

“A year?” Elsa repeated, now looking her sister in the face. She knew that some other her had been here before, but a year… it was just another one to add onto the time they’d been separated. She was silent for a moment, before regaining her composure enough to count the months. “Since…since October. I thought you were…” She trailed off, not wanting to stray down that path. “But when Emma told me you were here…all I’ve done since is search for you.”

8. Anna

Anna Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Anna looked back at her sister, wiping at her eyes again and letting out a same uncomfortable laugh. She shouldn't be crying at the sight of her sister and yet she was, there was a whole range of emotions and joy took front and center with the others fighting in the background, but it wasn't enough to stop the tears. Maybe it was a good thing?

When Elsa trailed off, her smile waned slightly, "Dead?" The faintest hint of bitterness was in the back of her throat, wouldn't have been the first time it was assumed by Elsa, but at least this one seemed to have been looking.

Shaking her head, "Doesn't matter now, your h- wait, you know Emma?" She hadn't really seen much of the other woman lately. She had moved out with her son shortly before Elsa had vanished again, and Anna had sort of retreated into herself before ending up with the job she had now and strange, strange family. "You do realize you could have just walked to the temple on the island, right?" she smiled, "I'm there nearly every day, I work there with.. uh... for, Apollo." Anna sighed and gently brushed her sister's cheek, "You're really bad at trying to find me, ya know?" With a smile she let her hand fall to her side, "But you did. At least you didn't stop looking." Elsa wouldn't probably realize how much Anna appreciated that, she didn't need to.

Anna dug her heels into the sand and turned slowly, looking out to sea, taking a deep breath, "So, you have any plans for today here? Anyone you're spending the day with?"

Elsa likes this.
  9. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Elsa immediately regretted letting the fact she thought her sister was dead slip out. She caught something slightly unpleasant in Anna’s tone, and couldn’t blame her. What if she knew…? The blonde had no idea where in time her younger sister had been pulled from, a concept that still seemed so strange.

“Yeah, I do, she told me you were here, and then…” she was certain Anna would get what she was trying to say. She knew Emma had lived with her sister, but as she wasn’t sure on the details, Elsa chose not to say anymore, this meeting already delicate as it was.

She felt embarrassed at Anna’s comment; it should have been obvious, but Elsa had remained clueless. However, she returned her sister’s smile and leaned into the hand on her cheek. “I know, I should’ve thought more about where to go, but I…Anna, I was desperate to find you.” She wanted to know more about Anna’s career, as she’d heard of Apollo. The blonde was glad her sister had managed to make a life for herself here.

“I really did, I tried so much,” Elsa really wanted her sister to believe in her actions, that they weren’t merely words and empty promises. Not anymore.

She was glad Anna didn’t see her expression, which quickly became vacant at the question. Of course, Elsa knew what day it was, that was why she was here on the sands. But the actual question of Christmas…she hadn’t even considered something so normal as plans or celebrations.

“I…” Elsa started, voice dying away in her throat. “I, ah, I hadn’t actually thought of anything, or I mean, I-I have no plans as such.” Would she really get to spend a Christmas with Anna, a real Christmas?

“…what about you?” She then dared to ask.

Anna likes this.
  10. Anna

Anna Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Anna shook her head, trying to tell her sister she didn't have to keep apologizing. "People do stupid things for people they love, even if it is not looking in obvious places for them," she teased. It was nice to do that, no harm, no ill will behind it, just a sisterly thing.

How she missed having Elsa around. The house was nice and full, nearly someone always there if you needed a friendly face to talk to, but there was something about her bond with Elsa, everything they had gone through together separately in the large, mostly empty palace. Not many could say they grew up alone in a family and mean it, even with everything keeping them apart, they had their traditions.

She almost felt bad that she was happy to hear Elsa had no plans. It was Christmas, and what better gift than finally being able to spend it together? "Well, I was going to celebrate back at the house," Anna told her, looking at her older sister with a smile, "And now you're coming with me, so its even better!"

How many years had it been for Elsa since they had shared a holiday together? Anna had her last year but before that, she couldn't remember the last time she hadn't stood at a door hoping with everything that that would be the year her Christmas wish came true and Elsa opened the door after her little Olaf gift had been slipped under. "I mean, if you're up for it. And, you don't even need to worry about people knowing about your powers, they all have something in the house, they're demi gods. D-don't ask, it's a long story, just think of all those stories with Greek mythology only... more... modern? Like, really modern, futuristic, even. But they are really nice, I promise. They'll love you."

It was one of those times 'no' was not going to be accepted as an answer.

Elsa likes this.
  11. Elsa

Elsa Frozen

Race:
    Human
    Directory:
    link
    Anna’s teasing helped break the guilt and stupidity Elsa felt. She supposed she had done all she could; if her skin wasn’t so pale, the purple bags under her eyes from the little sleep she’d had in the past months would have been evident. But that didn’t matter. Anna was here, alive, not frozen by her own hand…

She was happy that her sister had a place to celebrate Christmas; how isolated the palace must’ve been around that time, especially since their parents died. Anna had tried so hard to get her to come out and embrace the holiday…the Olaf themed gifts she’d made…how selfish she’d been to deny her own sister that.

She could barely believe it when Anna declared that she was coming to the celebration and the surprise clearly showed on her face. As the younger woman rambled on, Elsa slowly broke into a grin, probably the most positive show of expression she’d given in months. Even if the thought of people seeing her powers scared her, (despite that Anna’s friends were demi-gods of all things), for once, she couldn’t bring herself to care. She was going to spend Christmas with her sister.

“Anna…I’d love to,” she softly said, her voice choking up again. She reached out, taking her sister’s hand and giving it a squeeze. “I’m sure it’ll be great.”