By the hands of the Gods, you have been plucked from your time and from your world, dropped into the box.
Only the box is a world of its own.
We are a mass crossover based on the concept of Pandora's Box. Characters from nearly any fandom can be played here. Because of the endless character possibilities, we are canon only here at Pandora. Take a peek at our rules and plot information before starting your new life in Pandora.
Want to add a quote? Submit them here!
  1. Welcome to Pandora! We are a pan-fandom, play-by-post roleplay.
    New Player's Guide | Canon List | FAQ | Questions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Activity Check Time! November 1-7
    Click here to save your characters!
  3. The new season is here and there's a whole new world to explore!
    Check out the Season Updates HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Pandora is broken.
    Read More Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Private Missing Questions

Discussion in 'Cosmic Wilderness' started by Minato Arisato, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    November 15th, Year 108. Cosimo Station
    @Blade Wolf
    ~~~

With no place to call his own, nor... A purpose to speak of, Minato had taken to wandering around Pandora aimlessly. An odd job here, a kind stranger there, he'd gotten by and kept himself breathing. It still took a lot to remind himself that he wasn't just... Dead. That Pandora had simply stolen him away of its own accord with no real care to his own world and the near-catastrophe it had just been through. It was a hard thought to wrestle with, and without S.E.E.S, or any distinct purpose, he couldn't help but return to his previous ways, the neutral expression, headphones up, eyes closed to block out the world he didn't care to know at this moment in time.
    There was at least a faint relief in knowing that they'd registered his Evoker as a "magical item" during the security checks and had permitted him to keep it on him as long as it remained hidden. The Evoker was his only real link to S.E.E.S. The proof that he had once had a thing to truly care about.

The hand usually on his sword hilt itched as he brushed the empty scabbard again. He was moving onto a shuttle headed for Elysium, an unknown place, without his sword. Being unarmed was a vulnerable feeling, one he greatly disliked. He'd gotten used to the weight of the weapon, and with Messiah apparently inaccessible at this moment in time, it was the only protection he had. Persona caused a crutch, it seemed, one began to rely on its power once one was acclimated to it.

He sighed silently to himself and turned up his music, some vague punk-rock song he hummed the tune to as the shuttle loaded up. Music had always been a comforting thing, something he'd also found himself depending on. He headed down the aisle to his seat, only to find some... Thing... A metal dog? Already between him and it.

Ugh. Talking.

"... Can I squeeze past." He pulled his headset down, blinking at the character with silver eyes. He added a faint gesture with his ticket. "I'm in the seat next to you."

Blade Wolf likes this.
  2. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf Metal Gear

Blade Wolf had so far found that for all of the chaos of Pandora, the lack of total war had been most refreshing. He had taken to wandering the regions, wanderlust and a sense of adventure consuming him. Here he didn't have to worry about Arms Global or Desperado. No known enemies had reappeared yet.

No friends had yet either. His thoughts wandered to Raiden and Sunny. He hoped that if time was flowing the same way it was here, that they were both OK. He wish he could justify that thought, but he knew too little about how Pandora actually worked. He wondered if anyone really did.

It took a long time to get through the elevator. He had to relinquish all weapons and they had to "safety check" anything not removable. His HF blades and heat knives were stowed elsewhere and would be returned after his final flight. He clacked his jaw together. His teeth were covered by some sort of safety covering that gave him the appearance of having heavy braces. The coverings on his claws and spikes were equally gaudy. He would live with it. The chance to see space was too attractive to him.

The elevator ride was long and lonely. The only thing that kept him from going stir crazy was how he could catch glimpses of the space station above through the glass. He hope that Sunny would one day be a part of building something like this. If he ever saw her again.

His mood worsened.

---

Not much later he was at his seat on the shuttle. He sat, all fourfeet planted on the seat as he sat upright. He was attempting to keep room open for the seat next to him, but failed. He was too tall sitting like this and so had to lean forward to avoid scraping against the ceiling.

He had just used his tail graspers to buckle in when a youth approached him. Blade Wolf "blinked" when the boy asked to get by. He look at the ticket, and back to the seat, realizing how much he was blocking the way still.

"Of course." Came his reply, in a scratchy, tinny voice.

Blade Wolf unbuckled and lifted up as much as he could. Pushing and arcing against the ceiling of the shuttle's luggage compartment. It was a good thing after all that his spikes were covered.

Try as he might, the youth still had to duck down to get past. As soon as he was by, Blade Wolf sat back down and buckled in.

He had to admit, he hadn't spoken to many people for awhile in his wanderings, mostly keeping to himself. The youth looked like he might put his headphones back on at any moment so he took his chance.

"Greetings. I am the LQ84i IF prototype. You may call me Blade Wolf."

3. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    The giant dog thing was... In all honesty incredibly amusing as it attempted to move to allow him passage. He ducked under the mass of metal and wire and light to slide into his seat beside the metal dog, who then introduced itself as Blade Wolf. The name was... Apt, and amusing. A wolf made of blades...
    Almost like Koromaru.
    A smile quirked his lips and he nodded in greeting, closing his eyes as the expression neutralized.

"Minato Arisato." He finally introduced, eyes studying his new companion. "... Nice to meet you."

Blade Wolf likes this.
  4. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf Metal Gear

Blade Wolf look him over. He noted a strange look to the boy. There were several unusual qualities to this Minato Arisato that he could not place.

"I am curious, if you do not mind me asking, I'd like to ask you a few questions." Wolf didn't want to insult his fellow traveler if at all possible, but he had to know a few things. He still had trouble with human interactions given his early laboratory life and original purpose.

"Minato Arisato." Blade Wolf vocalized, testing the words. "You appear Japanese, am I correct?" Wolf twisted his head to the side, observing Minato like an interested dog, though Wolf would never draw that conclusion himself. He wasn't sure if his question would make sense to the boy. This place operated on completely different rules and it frustrated Wolf, who preferred to logically work things out.

"Your hair appears to be uncolored, but is blue- An unknown phenotype where I come from. You likewise have silver eyes. In my world this only occurs with cyborgs and not naturally."

Blade Wolfs tails twitched nervously, and he felt a flush of embarrassment. "I do not mean to say, you are unnatural. I am merely curious if this is common where you are from."

Minato Arisato likes this.
  5. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    Ah, questions. He was starting to understand questions were a major part of Pandora, and of being aware of the people around you. He merely nodded in response to Blade Wolf's consent request, listening to him speak his mind and thoughts, thoughts that Minato couldn't help but gently chuckle at. It made sense he supposed, for a robot wolf to want to understand what it couldn't figure out how to process.

Ah, so he was from a version of Earth. That question gave information on Blade Wolf as well. He idly wondered what time period, what alternate Earth Blade Wolf was from. "Yes. I am Japanese."

The next confused inquiry and a robot wolf showing embarrassment drew a wry, soft smile. "Honestly, I don't really know. There's a lot of hair and eye colors from my version of Earth. I dont know what you would consider normal. I find varying shades of blue, silver, maroon, and turquoise to be common. People also dye their hair... As for eye color I really don't know one way or the other there either..."

Blade Wolf likes this.
  6. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf Metal Gear

Did this boy smile because of how he had shown concern over calling this boy unnatural, when Blade Wolf himself was manufactured? Or was it something else? Blade Wolf pondered if it were his own mannerisms, but discarded that notion. He was certain his body language skills had improved enough.

"I see, thank you for enlightening me. Japan then. It was a place I had hoped to travel at some point."

Wolf found himself reminiscing.

"My travel experience has mostly been limited to The United State, South America, and Afghanistan. Now that I am in Pandora that is more there than here."

Blade Wolf wondered if Minato had heard of these places and how similar to their shared Earths were. He had spoken with a few people, and those who had recognized the name Earth sometimes described places completely foreign to what he knew.

"It is strange how many different 'Earths' people seem to come from. More often then not what I hear others describe are only marginally recognizable to me. Differing histories, cultures, locations, and... Memes. There are even those that are populated by what would be considered comic book super heroes back in my world."

Wolf tilted his head in thought.

"Though, I suppose there are plenty where artificial intelligence and cyborgs were considered merely science fiction."

7. Minato Arisato

Minato Arisato Persona

Student?
    Race:
    Human
    Alignment:
    Neutral Good
    Directory:
    link
    "Pandora appears bound to no rules than her own." He agreed, folding his hands in his lap with a quiet, thoughtful hum. Blade Wolf's version of Earth seemed to somewhat match his at least. So far every mentioned location was one he had heard of, but the opposite had to be true for someone like his first guide, Quirrel. A bug man surely had little familiarity with the continents...

"What was your world like?" He tilted his head conversationally. "... Mine walked the line between fantasy and science fiction... And i suppose stumbled between the two for a while... In a manner of speaking."